Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734552 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
godownson:
hello house,
my Lil bro submitted the following things today for a 2 weeks visit visa:
-international passport
-flight reservation
-photocopy of yellow card
-2 passport photographs (on white background)
-invitation letter from SA host (dated and signed by host)
-6 months bank statement of SA host (stamped by bank)
-photocopy of SA host's ID card (certified)
-SA proof of accommodation (certified).

When he got to the vfs center at lekki to submit the documents for the visa application, an official looked at his documents and said they were fine but that he was supposed to come with a letter from his school (a computer school) and another letter (my bro says he cant remember- i'm guessing its an introductory letter or something like that). but then the official said he could still submit the documents like that if he wanted to. so he did submit it.
my question is, does the unavailability of the letters requested pose a threat?. i thought everything listed above are the requirements for a visit visa?.
what do i need to know... i need your thoughts on this.
TYPOP, samtol4, yinkob002 and others who got experience, pls help.
You should have asked this question before he submitted .For an official to point out the missing document(letter)shows how crucial the letter is needed .God may favour him and visa will be approved .But on a serious note the embassy want to know what he is doing in Nigeria and assess if he will not overstay or refuse to come back .A lot of Nigerians including graduates came with Visiting visa and apply for Asylum under inhumane conditions while some are roaming aimlessly doing nothing . The Letter remain crucial although he may still get visa approval .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
TYPOP:

It will be nice if he includes a letter of self introduction (I really don't know why we need these things anyway) but the letter from his school is really important. They want to know what people are doing (in Nigeria) and assess the chances of people trying to become illegal residents of their country. In short, they want to know if your brother will have reasons to go back home or if he will try to stay in the Republic.

These seem trivial but they may deny people's visas based on these and they may overlook them.

I'm asking myself what the way out is and I am seeing difficult choices to be made (either pay to add documents via VFS or go to the embassy to try and beg them so he can add the documents). Unfortunately, it's not a good time to apply for visa cos of the diplomatic row between Naija and SA.

Let him pray and seek for favour and then decide on what to do.

I'm interested in hearing what the others have to say.

cc @collinsfbi @samtol4 @yinkob002 @sultan003 @chemashie @kingmayor
Thanks man. oh well, now i'm scared. i never knew any of these letters were needed especially the one from his school... i would've gotten it done.
he is only 19 years old so i'm wishfully thinking that since he is young, they might overlook the letter issue and grant him the visa. as for adding the documents, he already left lagos for the east today. actually, he says the applicants were few (i guess its due to the xenophobia saga).
please, more opinions from the house.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 8:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
samtol4:
You should have asked this question before he submitted .For an official to point out the missing document(letter)shows how crucial the letter is needed .God may favour him and visa will be approved .But on a serious note the embassy want to know what he is doing in Nigeria and assess if he will not overstay or refuse to come back .A lot of Nigerians including graduates came with Visiting visa and apply for Asylum under inhumane conditions while some are roaming aimlessly doing nothing . The Letter remain crucial although he may still get visa approval .
thanks, i get your point bro. now i'm scared. i just pray that his age (19) and being invited by an SA citizen might give him an advantage.
na God i dey look.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 8:46pm On Apr 28, 2015
house,
pls assuming an application is denied (based on incomplete documents), what is the minimum appropriate time to wait before re-applying again?
is 3 months fine?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:38am On Apr 29, 2015
godownson:
house,
pls assuming an application is denied (based on incomplete documents), what is the minimum appropriate time to wait before re-applying again?
is 3 months fine?

Can re-apply immediately with the appropriate documents included and letter indicating the initial reason and that the documents are now added.

If he's a student, make sure the period you indicate for visit falls within the school holidays as if he puts school period, they MAY refuse to grant him based on that. Get the calendar information right pls.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 6:47am On Apr 30, 2015
14:

No, they are just tightening the screws, the SA immigration policies have brought lots of problems for SA. Loss of free VISA to the UK, dye to many foreigners holding fake SA passports. The shooting in Nairobi mall, where the culprit, white widow used a fake SA passport. And the political pressure from internally.

If you come to SA with right papers and good motive, you will never experience problems. and Location locarion location is important. If you are foreigner, dont go closer to townships, stay in the CBD or surbab, You will enjoy life to the fullest.
And don't ever live in areas where there majority of South Africans....Never Never Never
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 8:29am On Apr 30, 2015
TYPOP:

Can re-apply immediately with the appropriate documents included and letter indicating the initial reason and that the documents are now added.

If he's a student, make sure the period you indicate for visit falls within the school holidays as if he puts school period, they MAY refuse to grant him based on that. Get the calendar information right pls.

Cheers.
ok bro, thanks. i'll update the house as things unfold.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
harlyon:
And don't ever live in areas where there majority of South Africans....Never Never Never
Gbam u got it right ...say it plain Never never live where there are majority black South Africans...They will be jealous and feel inferior of your progress .....I don't blame them for their inferiority and myopic mindset because 80percent were brought up by grandmothers and 70percent don't know their fathers . I am still waiting for them to blame Nigerians for their HIV Epidemic .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
godownson:
hello house,
my Lil bro submitted the following things today for a 2 weeks visit visa:
-international passport
-flight reservation
-photocopy of yellow card
-2 passport photographs (on white background)
-invitation letter from SA host (dated and signed by host)
-6 months bank statement of SA host (stamped by bank)
-photocopy of SA host's ID card (certified)
-SA proof of accommodation (certified).

When he got to the vfs center at lekki to submit the documents for the visa application, an official looked at his documents and said they were fine but that he was supposed to come with a letter from his school (a computer school) and another letter (my bro says he cant remember- i'm guessing its an introductory letter or something like that). but then the official said he could still submit the documents like that if he wanted to. so he did submit it.
my question is, does the unavailability of the letters requested pose a threat?. i thought everything listed above are the requirements for a visit visa?.
what do i need to know... i need your thoughts on this.
TYPOP, samtol4, yinkob002 and others who got experience, pls help.
TYPOP:

It will be nice if he includes a letter of self introduction (I really don't know why we need these things anyway) but the letter from his school is really important. They want to know what people are doing (in Nigeria) and assess the chances of people trying to become illegal residents of their country. In short, they want to know if your brother will have reasons to go back home or if he will try to stay in the Republic.
These seem trivial but they may deny people's visas based on these and they may overlook them.
I'm asking myself what the way out is and I am seeing difficult choices to be made (either pay to add documents via VFS or go to the embassy to try and beg them so he can add the documents). Unfortunately, it's not a good time to apply for visa cos of the diplomatic row between Naija and SA.
Let him pray and seek for favour and then decide on what to do.
I'm interested in hearing what the others have to say.
cc @collinsfbi @samtol4 @yinkob002 @sultan003 @chemashie @kingmayor

First, your brother should have checked the checklist/requirements for a visitors visa, because he missed two important requirements a) letter of self introduction and b) Letter of introduction/recommendation from employee or university. Now if he was self-employed/unemployed and not a student, requirement A would have been enough but........
The way i see it, its all about luck from here, maybe the adjudicator will over look the missing letters and approve it(being invited by a responsible and well to do SA citizen might help) otherwise he should get ready to resubmit again with the appropriate documents.

Secondly, this period is not a good period to go to the embassy to beg for them to allow you to submit the documents you missed, because of the diplomatic wahala and all. You just gave them an excuse to reject your applications easily. Am not sure VFS can help, because they usually send all applications to the high commission at the end of the business day, try your luck though.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 9:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
14:

No, they are just tightening the screws, the SA immigration policies have brought lots of problems for SA. Loss of free VISA to the UK, dye to many foreigners holding fake SA passports. The shooting in Nairobi mall, where the culprit, white widow used a fake SA passport. And the political pressure from internally.

If you come to SA with right papers and good motive, you will never experience problems. and Location locarion location is important. If you are foreigner, dont go closer to townships, stay in the CBD or surbab, You will enjoy life to the fullest.

Johannesburg CBD is a no no for me, especially the areas after park station..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by godownson: 1:36am On May 01, 2015
sultan003:

First, your brother should have checked the checklist/requirements for a visitors visa, because he missed two important requirements a) letter of self introduction and b) Letter of introduction/recommendation from employee or university. Now if he was self-employed/unemployed and not a student, requirement A would have been enough but........
The way i see it, its all about luck from here, maybe the adjudicator will over look the missing letters and approve it(being invited by a responsible and well to do SA citizen might help) otherwise he should get ready to resubmit again with the appropriate documents.

Secondly, this period is not a good period to go to the embassy to beg for them to allow you to submit the documents you missed, because of the diplomatic wahala and all. You just gave them an excuse to reject your applications easily. Am not sure VFS can help, because they usually send all applications to the high commission at the end of the business day, try your luck though.
ok bro, thanks a lot. i'll just hope n see how it turns out.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 9:05am On May 04, 2015
Hi all.. I live in d Woodstock area of Cape town. Na mostly colored people and Congolese dey here, however, I would like to meet any Nigerian in d neighborhood.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 9:06am On May 04, 2015
godownson:

Thanks man. oh well, now i'm scared. i never knew any of these letters were needed especially the one from his school... i would've gotten it done.
he is only 19 years old so i'm wishfully thinking that since he is young, they might overlook the letter issue and grant him the visa. as for adding the documents, he already left lagos for the east today. actually, he says the applicants were few (i guess its due to the xenophobia saga).
please, more opinions from the house.
Just zero ur mind from it coz d chance of giving him is 1/100
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nastyesco(m): 11:11am On May 04, 2015
Hi Guys,
Pls I am in South Africa on a work permit and need to bring my wife over. Her visa states that she can stay the same duration as I but "Prohibited to Work or School". Pls any ideas on what she can do, as U know its impossible to ask someone who was gainfully employed to sit at home all day doing nothing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:18pm On May 04, 2015
nastyesco:
Hi Guys,
Pls I am in South Africa on a work permit and need to bring my wife over. Her visa states that she can stay the same duration as I but "Prohibited to Work or School". Pls any ideas on what she can do, as U know its impossible to ask someone who was gainfully employed to sit at home all day doing nothing.

what type of permit is she on?

if anything happens and she wants to study or work, she will have to apply for a change of condition.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OohLalah(f): 6:44am On May 07, 2015
samtol4:
Gbam u got it right ...say it plain Never never live where there are majority black South Africans...They will be jealous and feel inferior of your progress .....I don't blame them for their inferiority and myopic mindset because 80percent were brought up by grandmothers and 70percent don't know their fathers . I am still waiting for them to blame Nigerians for their HIV Epidemic .

Says you who has a free scholarship payed by the same grandmothers and myopic mindset people's tax. Talk about kakking on the hand that feeds you. Better fatherless children than 99%of murderers who use abortion as means of contraception. An average high school Nigeria girl has had -+7abortions. I didn't know people from this forum are such hate mongers.

There was no need for the sick insults when someone was giving an honest advise. I don't know why you don't just leave SA Then you blame people for disliking you lot embarassed

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by morpheus24: 4:13pm On May 07, 2015
OohLalah:

An average high school Nigeria girl has had -+7abortions.

FACT CHECK?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olabanji88(m): 2:20pm On May 08, 2015
TYPOP:

Normally, you apply for SAQA online yourself, gather the documents yourself, certify them yourself and post them yourself. Of course, anybody could help you with any of the stages above.

Your school should not send your application documents for you, unless you are in one of those private schools that decide to do stuff for their students. If they sent it indeed, the document might not have gotten there or they used their own e-mail address instead of yours. That way, the e-mail will be sent to them, not you.

I actually used my e-mail for someone (of course with her consent) before so they sent all her mails to me. But as I received them, I forwarded them to the lady immediately. So, it is possible for them to use their own e-mail. Talk to your school
i have gotten response from saqa via mail stating that the result for my application would be due for colection/posting june 3 as the case maybe any follow up process again on my part
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jpride(m): 1:33am On May 09, 2015
Pls who knows the current cost of travelling to SA and the right procedure to follow?? Pls help its very important to me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by guttentag(m): 11:44pm On May 09, 2015
They have finally grant me visa, can somebody please tell me where is more safer and friendly to live in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:06am On May 10, 2015
Say to to xenophobia
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 14(m): 2:31am On May 10, 2015
guttentag:
They have finally grant me visa, can somebody please tell me where is more safer and friendly to live in SA

If you are in Gauteng joburg, northern saburbs is very safe, RANDBURG, FOURWAYS, SANDTON, SUNNINGHILL, KYALAMI, MIDRAND. In Pretoria, pretoria east, centurion, pretoria north, montana, hatfield, Durban, durban north, umhlanga rock morningside. Cape town, surbubs are expensive there, but try bellville, camps bay, CBD is expensive.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 14(m): 2:33am On May 10, 2015
guttentag:

which city are you going to?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akin3102(m): 6:05am On May 10, 2015
Please when did you apply?
guttentag:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 6:06am On May 10, 2015
guttentag:

14:

If you are in Gauteng joburg, northern saburbs is very safe, RANDBURG, FOURWAYS, SANDTON, SUNNINGHILL, KYALAMI, MIDRAND. In Pretoria, pretoria east, centurion, pretoria north, montana, hatfield, Durban, durban north, umhlanga rock morningside. Cape town, surbubs are expensive there, but try bellville, camps bay, CBD is expensive.

Lambton in Germiston is safe too. Then Cape town, coz it's predominantly colored pple here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by guttentag(m): 6:23pm On May 10, 2015
akin3102:
Please when did you apply?

I applied on the 5th o April and got SMS this Friday
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jpride(m): 11:13pm On May 10, 2015
@Gutteng pls what did it cost u? and what documents did u present?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:02am On May 11, 2015
olabanji88:
i have gotten response from saqa via mail stating that the result for my application would be due for colection/posting june 3 as the case maybe any follow up process again on my part

No follow up will be necessary for now. If everything goes well, they will post your visa to you. Otherwise, you will receive another e-mail.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by grandlexuz(m): 11:32pm On May 11, 2015
samtol4:
@Yemi .....You can never convert Asylum to PR.NEVER! .Most Asylum given to Nigerians are just temporily slip to show they have applied it is not the refugee passport that is why many can't leave SA because if they do ,Visa will be needed to enter .if it was possible all Nigerians with Assylum here would ve gotten PR. Two weeks ago I was discussing with a guy he has spent 12years in SA I asked him how he got PR .he said he is using Asylum for 12years he can't convert to Pr .he will convert to work/study first before applying for PR.The asylum most Nigerians have are just slip that is y dey keep going for renewal ,if you have refugee passport u can apply for PR but with slip ...,,,never ! I was laughing within me when you mention that your target is to get PR,just like dat !Sir ....the easiest route to any country of the world is STUDY PERMIT .Both of you should get study permit (2years to 3years visa depending on program)before the expiring of the two years you figure out what u want to do .You mention Jobs?There are no jobs for SA citizens talkless of foreigners unless you are science oriented,medical professional ,IT or u have skills to generate your money .

Very insightful post.. However if there are no jobs in SA, why are people rushing there?!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 14(m): 12:30am On May 12, 2015
grandlexuz:

Very insightful post.. However if there are no jobs in SA, why are people rushing there?!

Yes, jobs are few. but many people are just coming hoping they would make it. The lifestyle, the big malls as mugabe refered to it, its attracting in the eyes, but currently, jobs are hard to come by. unless you can work in the restuarant earning R2000 and tips on top, those jobs are mostly dominated by Zimbabweans.

Life is much easier and simpler, everything is by your door step, you walk to the nearest mall, cheap electricity, free clean water, free medical, social grants, if you are over 60yrs or crippled you get $150 grant every month, free house. if you have kids who are younger than 18yrs and you dont work, you can apply a grant for those kids. So people are attracted by all these.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kobgauteng: 1:28am On May 12, 2015
14:

Yes, jobs are few. but many people are just coming hoping they would make it. The lifestyle, the big malls as mugabe refered to it, its attracting in the eyes, but currently, jobs are hard to come by. unless you can work in the restuarant earning R2000 and tips on top, those jobs are mostly dominated by Zimbabweans.

Life is much easier and simpler, everything is by your door step, you walk to the nearest mall, cheap electricity, free clean water, free medical, social grants, if you are over 60yrs or crippled you get $150 grant every month, free house. if you have kids who are younger than 18yrs and you dont work, you can apply a grant for those kids. So people are attracted by all these.

This is not true... There lot of nigerians here wondering .. the bills are killing if you dont have a means to get 40k naira every month which is not even for a bachelor flat but a half room in a messed up place..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kobgauteng: 1:32am On May 12, 2015
bisi16:

thanks for responding. I'm already in SA and have study permit. am changing school that's why I ask. how do I go abt changing my visa details?

thanks again

You can change schools, your status will change when you have a study permit and you wanna apply for a work ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.