Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1734166 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by henrydadon(m): 8:31am On May 26, 2015
so wat z d maximum amount of weeks dat can be used in processing it..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:36pm On May 26, 2015
Tutors required in PMB and Durban areas
Print

Tutors required to work on a part time basis in the Westville, Howard and PMB areas.

Tutors are required for the following subjects:

Maths
Science
Accounting
Biology
Afrikaans
Economics
English

Kindly send a short CV through to Kyle Moore on kyle@gutsytutoring.co.za. Closing date:

30th May 2015.

Posted by: Karuna
Notice Details
Category Vacancies
Posted Wednesday, May 27, 2015
By Karuna Mahadave
Tel
Jobs like the above are always available in all provinces in SA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by moneyhungry(m): 8:50pm On May 26, 2015
yinksob002:
it takes 30 days. So your cousin can still go and pick it up.
ok. thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by guttentag(m): 9:13pm On May 26, 2015
South Africa Immigration is deporting back foreigners and some people are dieing to enter the country.

Some of my brothers here no dey come out side house just because of over stay

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 14(m): 10:34pm On May 26, 2015
guttentag:
South Africa Immigration is deporting back foreigners and some people are dieing to enter the country.

Some of my brothers here no dey come out side house just because of over stay

Why do they overstay from the 1st place, its gonna be tough for them
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:34am On May 27, 2015
14:

The following are the main reasons for over stay in SA. 1.Ignorance. Many immigrants are ignorant of immigration law and ignorant is no excuse in the court of law. 2.Dubious immigration agent .Most people came with intention to legalize but they fell to the prey of fake immigration agent .Most of these agents are from the countries of these immigrants not SA citizens.3.Some immigrants have no documents for the permits they apply for . 4. SA home affairs .Most illegal or overstay immigrants submitted application and for 4years the permit was pending while they register business name,pay taxes and got money from various places in their home land to run these businesses. After 4years some 5years in the midst of Xenophobia violence the home affairs started by releasing the outcome of 5 to 4years applications and most were outright rejection . Why the permits delayed so long? Now you want them to abandon their businesses and properties after 5years to 6years ?It is easy to say illegal immigrant be deported but most times we failed to find out why and how they became illegal, but I keep wondering why permit application can take so long even up to 5years . Why is SA home affairs deliberately delaying people permit? If someone apply for permit within a month decide the outcome and advise the person to leave if the application is rejected not after 5years or more . I know a Nigerian student who apply for study permit renewal October in SA application is still pending whereas his friend apply in Lagos and got it within two weeks To have permit pending is demoralizing the person can't go out of the country ,no access to banking talkless of overstaying .it is better to go home than overstay and be in perpetual bondage ..DONT OVERSTAY
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omoarole: 3:49pm On May 28, 2015
Hello, house....
I am happy to inform you that imy visa was issued yesterday, and I went to VFS to collect it this morning. It was so surprising, because I submitted the application just last week thursday, and it was issued on wednesday, just 5 working days later.
When I first got the SMS on wednesday afternoon, I was at first afraid that maybe I was denied...I actually didn't sleep very well overnight.
I am so surprised, because I had been expecting a very long wait period from people's experience on this forum.
Thank you everyone that posted on this thread....it was worth the reading.
I also wish everyone who is waiting for an answer from the South African High commission a very positive news this week.
Lastly, I intend to travel to South Africa early July. Who has an idea about the cheapest tickets, how to get them, and the likely cost? The online South African airway portal is giving a quote of roughly USD 840. Thats quite cool, but will love cheaper.
Thanks, all!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by guttentag(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2015
omoarole:
Hello, house....
I am happy to inform you that imy visa was issued yesterday, and I went to VFS to collect it this morning. It was so surprising, because I submitted the application just last week thursday, and it was issued on wednesday, just 5 working days later.
When I first got the SMS on wednesday afternoon, I was at first afraid that maybe I was denied...I actually didn't sleep very well overnight.
I am so surprised, because I had been expecting a very long wait period from people's experience on this forum.
I also wish everyone who is waiting for an answer from the South African High commission a very positive news this week.
Lastly, I intend to travel to South Africa early July. Who has an idea about the cheapest tickets, how to get them, and the likely cost? The online South African airway portal is giving a quote of roughly USD 840. Thats quite cool, but will love cheaper.
Thanks, all!

How long did they give you to stay in South Africa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omoarole: 7:07pm On May 28, 2015
funny enough, they gave me a visa expiring in August 27th, but said it was multiple entry.....and that I should stay for just 2 months.
I didn't find all that disturbing, sha.....because I am going for a specific training with specific dates, and my visa application was based specifically on that.
I applied for a single entry visa, don't know why they gave multiple entry. I guess that may be their routine practice.

guttentag:

How long did they give you to stay in South Africa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by morpheus24: 11:17pm On May 28, 2015
14:

You are just silly. Stop acting dumb
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by morpheus24: 11:19pm On May 28, 2015
samtol4:
. Why the permits delayed so long? Now you want them to abandon their businesses and properties after 5years to 6years ?It is easy to say illegal immigrant be deported but most times we failed to find out why and how they became illegal, but I keep wondering why permit application can take so long even up to 5years . Why is SA home affairs deliberately delaying people permit? If someone apply for permit within a month decide the outcome and advise the person to leave if the application is rejected not after 5years or more . I know a Nigerian student who apply for study permit renewal October in SA application is still pending whereas his friend apply in Lagos and got it within two weeks To have permit pending is demoralizing the person can't go out of the country ,no access to banking talkless of overstaying .it is better to go home than overstay and be in perpetual bondage ..DONT OVERSTAY

The whole idea is to frustrate you so you abandon the application, become illegal and become subject to deportation.

Very simple

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by brooklyn20: 6:08am On May 29, 2015
Same here oo. I applied for a visit visa with my family(my husband and son) on Tuesday, they sent a message to come for our paspt yesterday (Dats 2working days). Still not gone to collect it cos I received the text msg late. I hope they stamped visa on it oh! Cos i've been excited abt traveling to see my sister and her family »

omoarole:
Hello, house....
Thanks, all!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omoarole: 9:25am On May 29, 2015
brooklyn20:
Same here oo. I applied for a visit visa with my family(my husband and son) on Tuesday, they sent a message to come for our paspt yesterday (Dats 2working days). Still not gone to collect it cos I received the text msg late. I hope they stamped visa on it oh! Cos i've been excited abt traveling to see my sister and her family »

2 working days!!!!! that is pretty fast...
I begin to wonder if this is the outcome of the whole xenophobia thing...some bit of PR and reconciliation. We should actually begin a timeline of submission and issuance of visa on this thread. Has anyone else had a similar experience with short term visas?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 4:07pm On May 29, 2015
It is not new to SA embassy cos the embassy officials can be very unpredictable sometimes. I once had my visa issued within 2 days sometime in 2013 and I remember there were others with similar experience on this forum back then. I don't think it has to do with xenophobia. All the best
omoarole:

I begin to wonder if this is the outcome of the whole xenophobia thing...some bit of PR and reconciliation. We should actually begin a timeline of submission and issuance of visa on this thread. Has anyone else had a similar experience with short term visas?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 5:20am On May 30, 2015
omoarole:

lol....Patiently waiting to see if Study Permit too wil take 5days
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 7:35am On May 30, 2015
samtol4:
The following are the main reasons for over stay in SA. 1.Ignorance. Many immigrants are ignorant of immigration law and ignorant is no excuse in the court of law. 2.Dubious immigration agent .Most people came with intention to legalize but they fell to the prey of fake immigration agent .Most of these agents are from the countries of these immigrants not SA citizens.3.Some immigrants have no documents for the permits they apply for . 4. SA home affairs .Most illegal or overstay immigrants submitted application and for 4years the permit was pending while they register business name,pay taxes and got money from various places in their home land to run these businesses. After 4years some 5years in the midst of Xenophobia violence the home affairs started by releasing the outcome of 5 to 4years applications and most were outright rejection . Why the permits delayed so long? Now you want them to abandon their businesses and properties after 5years to 6years ?It is easy to say illegal immigrant be deported but most times we failed to find out why and how they became illegal, but I keep wondering why permit application can take so long even up to 5years . Why is SA home affairs deliberately delaying people permit? If someone apply for permit within a month decide the outcome and advise the person to leave if the application is rejected not after 5years or more . I know a Nigerian student who apply for study permit renewal October in SA application is still pending whereas his friend apply in Lagos and got it within two weeks To have permit pending is demoralizing the person can't go out of the country ,no access to banking talkless of overstaying .it is better to go home than overstay and be in perpetual bondage ..DONT OVERSTAY

those guys with pending application for 4 or 5yrs, should have followed it up seriously with a letter of demand written by an immigration attorney to home affairs. home affairs is playing with people's life and it is unfair, with the new rules, they just interpret as they like and reject.
besides those that waited for 4 or 5yrs for their permit and got rejected should sue home affairs, for time wasting and dameges, because the rules said that home affairs has to deal with any applications within 30 days of submitting, thats why they are saying that one should submit his application 60days before the permit expires.
this same letter of demand applies to the one waiting for study permit

they have a win win case against DHA
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by skimmeh1: 9:04am On May 30, 2015
Happy Democracy to you all forumites..Nigeria will be great again. please I need information on where to get the yellow vaccination card in abuja. kindly help with details. thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by nijadude: 9:13am On May 30, 2015
Federal secretariat
federal ministry of health
ground floor.

skimmeh1:
Happy Democracy to you all forumites..Nigeria will be great again. please I need information on where to get the yellow vaccination card in abuja. kindly help with details. thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omoarole: 8:32pm On May 30, 2015
yinksob002:
It is not new to SA embassy cos the embassy officials can be very unpredictable sometimes. I once had my visa issued within 2 days sometime in 2013 and I remember there were others with similar experience on this forum back then. I don't think it has to do with xenophobia. All the best

Lolz.....don't mind us newbies.....
Just reacting to what I'd read so far...
By the way, how is the weather in Cape Town July to August?
What am I to expect? How do I prepare in terms of clothing?
Someone hinted me that Cape Town winters can be bitter at times.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 2:45am On May 31, 2015
omoarole:

Lolz.....don't mind us newbies.....
Just reacting to what I'd read so far...
By the way, how is the weather in Cape Town July to August?
What am I to expect? How do I prepare in terms of clothing?
Someone hinted me that Cape Town winters can be bitter at times.
Bros, kak up come o! Am new in cpt as well and I tell u, it's no joke. ...and they say it's not winter yet. So kak up well. Very thick winter coat, with under pants (thermal wear) coz d cold dey catch 4 knees too smiley Another important thng, carry our Naija socket extension, with 3pin square mouth. It's 200rand here o! It's painful to pay N3200 for an item of less than N700 in Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yansky(m): 10:24am On Jun 01, 2015
Please I wanna reschedule my flight from November to June. It's a South African airways ticket. Please is it possible and how much?!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aspenjnr: 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2015
i applied for south Africa visa in 2013 and have travel to 3 West Africa countries but my visa was denied and passport stamped reason was fraud and fraudulent documentation and after that have traveled again to Ghana by road and now i have an invitation letter for a seminar in South Africa and i will be applying with same passport but last information has changed what it the chances of my visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2015
yansky:
Please I wanna reschedule my flight from November to June. It's a South African airways ticket. Please is it possible and how much?!
Send message or go their office .Budget 40dollar to 100dollar.It is not above 100d
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aspenjnr: 2:47am On Jun 02, 2015
i applied for south Africa visa in 2013 and have travel to 3 West Africa countries but my visa was denied and passport stamped reason was fraud and fraudulent documentation and after that have traveled again to Ghana by road and now i have an invitation letter for a seminar in South Africa and i will be applying with same passport but last information has changed what it the chances of my visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 3:43am On Jun 02, 2015
yansky:

It should be possible. They will ask you to pay either $100 or $150.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omoarole: 5:07pm On Jun 02, 2015
bisi16:

Bros, kak up come o! Am new in cpt as well and I tell u, it's no joke. ...and they say it's not winter yet. So kak up well. Very thick winter coat, with under pants (thermal wear) coz d cold dey catch 4 knees too smiley Another important thng, carry our Naija socket extension, with 3pin square mouth. It's 200rand here o! It's painful to pay N3200 for an item of less than N700 in Nigeria.

Thanks so much for the info.....
I go do my best...
Someone had already told me, but didn't realize its that severe. Definitely need to fish for a winter coat ooooooo...... Do you mean the extension box or the adaptor with a 3 pin plug? Might as well bring both. I should guess that they are also on the 220V electricity system over there. Means there will be little or no friendly weather to go enjoy the Cape Town scenery.
I found online booking to be the cheapest ticket available, barring a promo ticket, which surprisingly I couldn't get.
Pls, anyone knows about public transportation in Cape Town especially around the University and Observatory? I hear it is not reliable, and one might need to get a rental car to get around, which might be quite expensive.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by brooklyn20: 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2015
My husband has gone to collect our paspt today. They gave us 3mnths visit visa. Yiiiipy, can't wait to see my sista and niece. Please who knws where one can visit for tourist in cape Town ?

brooklyn20:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bisi16(m): 5:32pm On Jun 02, 2015
omoarole:

Thanks so much for the info.....
I go do my best...
Someone had already told me, but didn't realize its that severe. Definitely need to fish for a winter coat ooooooo...... Do you mean the extension box or the adaptor with a 3 pin plug? Might as well bring both. I should guess that they are also on the 220V electricity system over there. Means there will be little or no friendly weather to go enjoy the Cape Town scenery.
I found online booking to be the cheapest ticket available, barring a promo ticket, which surprisingly I couldn't get.
Pls, anyone knows about public transportation in Cape Town especially around the University and Observatory? I hear it is not reliable, and one might need to get a rental car to get around, which might be quite expensive.
See attached.. our normal 3pin square sucket wit rounded 3pin plug head. I live close to Observatory so u go dash me if u dey go back o! smiley

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by skimmeh1: 10:42am On Jun 03, 2015
thank u nijadude.....what's the address? I Google it and I got this result New Fed. Secretariat Complex, Phase III, Ahmadu
Bello Way, Cen. Biz. Distr, Garki, Abuja.. is it correct?
quote author=nijadude post=34239167]Federal secretariat
federal ministry of health
ground floor.

[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by motherheart: 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
Say no to xenophobia
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
brooklyn20:
My husband has gone to collect our paspt today. They gave us 3mnths visit visa. Yiiiipy, can't wait to see my sista and niece. Please who knws where one can visit for tourist in cape Town ?

waterfront, robben island, table mountain ( beware of altitude sickness), century city, cape agulhas ( the most sourthern point on the continent, and also the meeting point between the indian ocean and atlantic ocean), district six apartheid museum, constantia gardens, false bay (for whale and seal watching), or wine tours if you are willing to go down to the cape winelands

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aspenjnr: 9:26pm On Jun 03, 2015
no one here to answer my question at all shout i reapply or not

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.