Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1741581 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by congenial: 8:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
cornoil:
which hotel did you use for your booking and how much did you pay? all how did you do your hotel booking?

A friend assisted with the booking but I paid for only a night.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cornoil(m): 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
How many days did u specify in ur application and Kindly link me to this ur friend
congenial:

A friend assisted with the booking but I paid for only a night.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 1:55am On Nov 13, 2015
opjb:
Yea tnx so much my brother..but the issue is she is still in SA with the husband and she said all the immigration officerss they are approaching said their new rules states that any permit they want to do now should be from the applicant home country..and she is planning of leaving the republic before the due date on her passport so that she won't overstay..please how can you be of help to her?sshe really needs it if you can refer her to anybody over there to help them through it will safe her the stress of going to Nija because the husband said he wants her to do xmas there..they have no child yet still praying for one..tnx any help will be appreciated
Let her go back home and apply .

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oyimaliski: 10:03am On Nov 13, 2015
Vicjustice:
what would 60k be enough for; bus ticket?

I just got one. Me and my spouse. Visa fee is like 21k each. Then the reservations won't take max 10k. We already have our documents intact. Total I spent less than 50k for both of us. We got 3 month mutiple entry.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 13, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
opjb:

You know what have read through your comment all over people's post,you sound harsh and arrogant..Mind you am not a bad Nigerian neither my friend or the hubby,you need to adjust on the way you attack people on faceless forum if you know you don't know how to comment on people's question why can't you just read and pass..please next time you see any of my post here I will appreciate if you don't comment don't be rude to me because you don't know me neither do I know you..what I won't do to others I won't take it.Mr know all as if you are pure

bla blaa blaaa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
opjb:

You are still a suckling child I don't blame you...this forum is not meant for people like you,trying hard fellow

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by congenial: 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2015
cornoil:
How many days did u specify in ur application and Kindly link me to this ur friend
I am spending 12days in the Republic. Booking was done on the hotel's website; holiday Inn express. I paid for only a night. You can book through their website or through booking.com, wakanow.com or Orbitz. The price for a night depends on what you're booking.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ofon15: 4:18am On Nov 14, 2015
samtol4:
Yes sir My inlaw applied late October and got 3months visa yesterday
Hello my dear brother,I got admission for a B.Tech in Agriculture at Cape pennisula University of Technology,please do you have someone in Cape town that can write a letter of accomodation for me?Not that I will live with the person, I only need the letter to apply for my study permit, my brother Inlaw lives in Joburg,which is really far from cape town and I dont think they will accept letter of accomodation from someone in Joburg,please I need your help.
Thank you and remain blessd.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omidoyinjoshua: 7:16pm On Nov 14, 2015
Hello house,

I need an urgent information, I was offered admission for Masters in Law at University of KwaZulu Natal. I know absolutely nothing about the entire visa processing, pls can someone enlighten me on the entire procedure for study visa processing, documents required and an estimated cost...thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by prupru(m): 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
I finished from unisa and now i want to go to sa for my mtech .
Please any advice on any cheap school will be mch appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:26am On Nov 19, 2015
Ofon15:

Hello my dear brother,I got admission for a B.Tech in Agriculture at Cape pennisula University of Technology,please do you have someone in Cape town that can write a letter of accomodation for me?Not that I will live with the person, I only need the letter to apply for my study permit, my brother Inlaw lives in Joburg,which is really far from cape town and I dont think they will accept letter of accomodation from someone in Joburg,please I need your help.
Thank you and remain blessd.
send pm to me if you still need the proof of residence for visa . I can't display the number of my friend in cape here
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:30am On Nov 19, 2015
omidoyinjoshua:
Hello house,

I need an urgent information, I was offered admission for Masters in Law at University of KwaZulu Natal. I know absolutely nothing about the entire visa processing, pls can someone enlighten me on the entire procedure for study visa processing, documents required and an estimated cost...thanks
All documents needed for study permit are listed on your admission letter .In addition get bank statement (1m above from anyone acting as sponsor).do you intend to stay off campus?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoaces: 11:01am On Nov 20, 2015
samtol4:
All documents needed for study permit are listed on your admission letter .In addition get bank statement (1m above from anyone acting as sponsor).do you intend to stay off campus?

I've got a little over a million in my account and I intend to stay off campus, do is still need a sponsor? Then are there any specific days for submitting application for study visa? Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hello house. I wouldn't have had any issue wit my visa application if not for my wife and two kids. I'm going to UCT for my PhD on federal government scholarship while my wife is going for her MSc on my bills, both to start by Jan. 2015. I work wit a federal govt. Institution. Please can someone enlighten us on the best way to go about our visa application? i.e myself,wife and d 2 kids. My concern is that someone told me that we will attach evidence of securing school for the kids along with our application. How true? This and other sundry issues will be highly appreciated if solved for us please. Thanks in advance.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mekurexx: 9:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
Please I need advise on this. My aunt was granted visa to SA, and was granted 3 weeks. However her return flight was on a Sunday(4th week) by 11pm, she missed the flight and returned the following day, she has however served with a notice that she ''overstayed for 2 days''. I know there are new immigration laws in SA, any idea of how much she might be fined and what to do pls? thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:16am On Nov 21, 2015
ayoaces:

I've got a little over a million in my account and I intend to stay off campus, do is still need a sponsor? Then are there any specific days for submitting application for study visa? Thank you
You don't need sponsor since you have over 1m.Study permit application is on tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday.Tuesday document verification,Wednesday payment in the bank and Thursday submission .First and foremost you go on tuesday for docs verification then they give u go ahead to pay in the bank on Wednesday and Thursday you go back to the Embassy for submission .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoaces: 8:08am On Nov 21, 2015
samtol4:
You don't need sponsor since you have over 1m.Study permit application is on tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday.Tuesday document verification,Wednesday payment in the bank and Thursday submission .First and foremost you go on tuesday for docs verification then they give u go ahead to pay in the bank on Wednesday and Thursday you go back to the Embassy for submission .

Thank you very much.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lawyer2011: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
Mekurexx:
Please I need advise on this. My aunt was granted visa to SA, and was granted 3 weeks. However her return flight was on a Sunday(4th week) by 11pm, she missed the flight and returned the following day, she has however served with a notice that she ''overstayed for 2 days''. I know there are new immigration laws in SA, any idea of how much she might be fined and what to do pls? thanks

According to the new rules, if you overstay your visa by 1-30 days, you receive a ban for 1 year. Paying of fine is no longer acceptable. The only remedy for your aunt is to appeal to home affairs within 10days after receiving that notice stating the reasons for overstaying or serve out the ban. The form is self explanatory as to the procedure for appeal.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mekurexx: 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
Okay cuz she went to VFS and they directed her to SA consulate for her to address it on tuesday. So does she need to appeal by writing/typing a letter? will that be appropriate? And also pls can someone help her submit the appeal cuz she doesnt stay in Lagos, will that work?. And the truth is she missed it cuz her connecting flight from cape town got delayed and when she landed in Jo''burg before she cud check in, Arik had already stopped checking in. too bad
lawyer2011:

According to the new rules, if you overstay your visa by 1-30 days, you receive a ban for 1 year. Paying of fine is no longer acceptable. The only remedy for your aunt is to appeal to home affairs within 10days after receiving that notice stating the reasons for overstaying or serve out the ban. The form is self explanatory as to the procedure for appeal.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2015
[quote author=meagainstdem post=40234238]Hello house. I wouldn't have had any issue wit my visa application if not for my wife and two kids. I'm going to UCT for my PhD on federal government scholarship while my wife is going for her MSc on my bills, both to start by Jan. 2015. I work wit a federal govt. Institution. Please can someone enlighten us on the best way to go about our visa application? i.e myself,wife and d 2 kids. My concern is that someone told me that we will attach evidence of securing school for the kids along with our application. How true? This and other sundry issues will be highly appreciated if solved for us please. Thanks in advance.

Someone should pls respond quickly to this enquiry.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eyidola: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
Please I'm new to this thread but I'm submitting my Application to the SA embassy for a tourist visa to visit my spouse but I'm unclear about certain things:
1. The bank statement I'm using is that of my aunty.. she's the one sponsoring my trip hope that would be a problem because we don't bare the same surname but she is attaching a sponsorship letter
2. My invitation letter my husband is sending must it be handwritten or a scanned copy would be fine
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lawyer2011: 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2015
Mekurexx:
Okay cuz she went to VFS and they directed her to SA consulate for her to address it on tuesday. So does she need to appeal by writing/typing a letter? will that be appropriate? And also pls can someone help her submit the appeal cuz she doesnt stay in Lagos, will that work?. And the truth is she missed it cuz her connecting flight from cape town got delayed and when she landed in Jo''burg before she cud check in, Arik had already stopped checking in. too bad

Going to the embassy is of no use to be honest. I have a friend who faced a similar challenge. Your aunt should check the forms given to her at OR tambo airport. It contains the email address of the dept in charge of appeals. the letter(stating why you overstayed your visa and all supporting documents) should be sent to that email address. There is also a number to call to confirm if they received your email...hope this helps smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aspenjnr: 4:53am On Nov 23, 2015
please house advice can i reapply after been denied and passport been stamped due to forgery documentation done by agent
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bet9ja(m): 8:24am On Nov 23, 2015
I was living in South Africa for the past one year with a working permit and I decided to visit Nigeria but on getting here I was stamp at lagos airport not to stay more than a month and employment is prohibited. But now It will be 3 month and I decided to go back. Is there a penalty for my overstay and what is the necessary penalty. Advice needed urgently please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mekurexx: 4:04pm On Nov 23, 2015
Okay just did that. There was no email in the Form 19 but I got it online. I mailed them will call them tomorrow (a south african number). any idea where I can get a nigerian number to call them? thanks for the help and tips
lawyer2011:

Going to the embassy is of no use to be honest. I have a friend who faced a similar challenge. Your aunt should check the forms given to her at OR tambo airport. It contains the email address of the dept in charge of appeals. the letter(stating why you overstayed your visa and all supporting documents) should be sent to that email address. There is also a number to call to confirm if they received your email...hope this helps smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.