Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1736295 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 6:25pm On Dec 06, 2015
meagainstdem:
House please, where can one obtain yellow fever card and police report fast? Also, I learnt there is timetable for visa application in Lagos and how much in total does the visa processing cost? Thanks a lot.

You can process Yellow Card at Port Health Office, Lagos. Their office is close to the toll gate before international airport and police report at Alagbon
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 11:20am On Dec 07, 2015
Emasel:
Good day house,

Please I would like to know what it will take an engineering graduate to obtain Critical Skills work permit in SA.I was hinted by a few friends in SA that engineers are highly sought for in SA, don't know how true.

My Bachelors degree is in Electrical Engineering and I have about 2 years work experience.

Thanks.
Emasel its true. I got my 5 years critical skills work visa from Lagos. But its long process and it require money too.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibnuusamah: 11:20am On Dec 07, 2015
Good day guys,

I have a schedule to travel to travel to SOUTH africa between 14th and 28th Dec, I received my hotel booking confirmation today, please guys how can I * urgently book for flight? *
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lalabu(f): 4:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2015
You can withdraw from any bank ATM in SA. The exchange rate is cheaper compared to the rate of BDC. Just hold little cash in rands and use your ATM to withdraw bulk of your BTA once u get here. All the best
lalabu:
House please can I see rand at airport instead of changing my money to dollar,since one will still change the dollar to rand on getting to SA...please urgent reply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lalabu(f): 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nooluwaytravels: 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
ibnuusamah:
Good day guys,

I have a schedule to travel to travel to SOUTH africa between 14th and 28th Dec, I received my hotel booking confirmation today, please guys how can I * urgently book for flight? *

Hope your hotel is paid for or just booking, you will need to confirm if it was paid for to avoid embarrassment at OR Tambo, I can help you confirm your booking because i live in SA. for flight booking i can help you on that with the cheapest price. nooluwaytravels@gmail.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nooluwaytravels: 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
lalabu:

Tnx at yinksob002..what I mean is can I get people changing naira to rand at the airport instead of changing naira to dollar and changing it to rand again on getting to SA.

All you have to do is deposit your money back to your account and come with your ATM card. Converting cash at airport is like dashing out money because they will make nothing less than 15,000 on every 100000 you exchange. its left to you to decided
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omidoyinjoshua: 7:40am On Dec 08, 2015
Hello house,

please is anybody aware of when the South African embassy will close for the year? I planned going to apply for study visa next week in Lagos. I will appreciate a timely response.... Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lalabu(f): 11:36am On Dec 08, 2015

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lalabu(f): 11:48am On Dec 08, 2015
Nooluwaytravels:

All you have to do is deposit your money back to your account and come with your ATM card. Converting cash at airport is like dashing out money because they will make nothing less than 15,000 on every 100000 you exchange. its left to you to decided
Please have sent you a mail,reply me asap on flight ticket..tnx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 11:59am On Dec 08, 2015
Folks. What does it take to apply for a business visa? What are the requirements?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
TokyoBulls:
Folks. What does it take to apply for a business visa? What are the requirements?
You need to prove that you are investing or you will invest a minimum of 5 million Rands (about 75m Naira) in SA

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
Of course you can but i won't advise you to go for that option cos you will be shortchanged.
lalabu:

Tnx at yinksob002..what I mean is can I get people changing naira to rand at the airport instead of changing naira to dollar and changing it to rand again on getting to SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
staggerlee:

You need to prove that you are investing or you will invest a minimum of 5 million Rands (about 75m Naira) in SA
Is this an easier route to getting residence permit in case one has up to this amount? Do you know registered and legal agents in SA who can apply for this on one's behalf?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by meagainstdem: 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
Please folks. I have this question to ask the house. My wife and I are planning to travel for our programs in February and leave our two kids in nigeria for about 2 or 3 months before one of us comes back to pick them to join us. Please what is the possibility and feasibility of this b4 we attempt it. How are we going to go about it? Would they require visa too and how long will it take? Please I need a detailed explanation because we are in a fix now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 6:39am On Dec 09, 2015
It is feasible. First, you need to obtain your study permits and thereafter file for accompanying visas for your kids. It doesn't take so long provided you meet all the requirements. All the best.
meagainstdem:
Please folks. I have this question to ask the house. My wife and I are planning to travel for our programs in February and leave our two kids in nigeria for about 2 or 3 months before one of us comes back to pick them to join us. Please what is the possibility and feasibility of this b4 we attempt it. How are we going to go about it? Would they require visa too and how long will it take? Please I need a detailed explanation because we are in a fix now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nooluwaytravels: 8:49am On Dec 09, 2015
omidoyinjoshua:
Hello house,

please is anybody aware of when the South African embassy will close for the year? I planned going to apply for study visa next week in Lagos. I will appreciate a timely response.... Thanks

No information have being pass on that for now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 09, 2015
TokyoBulls:

Is this an easier route to getting residence permit in case one has up to this amount? Do you know registered and legal agents in SA who can apply for this on one's behalf?

unless you're hell bent on being in south africa, that kinda money - if you have it - is better spent on getting a second citizenship and passport from a country that's gonna give you visa free travel to more than 120 countries IMHO. You'll still have to invest the money in that country but hey at least you'll have a passport in hand within 3months that will save you applying for visa to almost all relevant countries apart from USA Canada Australia and Japan.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lucky4real28(m): 1:09am On Dec 10, 2015
lalabu:

Please I need cheap flight oooo,have search online tire all the flight am seeing is expensive and I want to travel on friday 11th..I will appreciate if you can help me get cheap flight..and again hope those immigration will not bother me if my BTA is in my account and not cash at hand to show them.please reply me asap
I booked Kenya airway yesterday and I paid 103k, going to Johannesburg on 24th

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 11, 2015
Hello House,

Please my brother wants to apply for 3months visa and when he gets to South Africa, he will apply to a school.

The question now is:

1. Can he apply directly for his study permit in SA or he must come back to Nigeria?

2. If he can apply there in SA, how much can it cost and what is the processing time? (maximum number of days for processing at most).

Thank you all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 11, 2015
konnektwitbabs:
Hello House,

Please my brother wants to apply for 3months visa and when he gets to South Africa, he will apply to a school.

The question now is:

1. Can he apply directly for his study permit in SA or he must come back to Nigeria?

2. If he can apply there in SA, how much can it cost and what is the processing time? (maximum number of days for processing at most).

Thank you all

Must apply from Nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TokyoBulls(m): 11:12am On Dec 11, 2015
konnektwitbabs:
Hello House,

The question now is:

Thank you all

This can't and won't work. He needs to apply for his study visa while still in Nigeria. He can travel on a visiting visa and return to apply for study permit or wait and get his study permit in Nigeria before he travels.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omidoyinjoshua: 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2015
Hello house....

I wish to be urgently guided... is it compulsory I go to the embassy with copies of my original certificates when applying for study visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 12, 2015
TokyoBulls:

This can't and won't work. He needs to apply for his study visa while still in Nigeria. He can travel on a visiting visa and return to apply for study permit or wait and get his study permit in Nigeria before he travels.
Thanks a million
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by boxiposhags: 12:46am On Dec 13, 2015
Hello house,
I want to travel to south africa this december, No Visa yet. But I intend. Can Anyone advise on how I can go about the express Visa application. thanks in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by boxiposhags: 1:04am On Dec 13, 2015
yinksob002:
Any amount from 450k upwards will be fine. However, it is equally important to ensure that your account has a good turnover too (i.e Funds come in and go out). For a visitors visa, you need the following docs:

1) International passport
2) Completed visa application form with two passport photographs (White background)
3) Yellow card
4) Letter of Introduction from employer or Self letter of introduction if you are self employed
5) Bank Statement
6) Pay slips
7) Valid hotel booking
cool Flight reservation
9) Visa application fees
10)Copy of work ID card
You can also include any other supporting documents you have (if any) to boost your chances. All the best.
Questions:1) How can I complete the visa application form? 2) Will I book hotel before applyong for visa? 3) can I get all these done in a week ? 4) where will I get the yellow card ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: LalastiklaIa(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.