Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,384 members, 7,846,624 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1751896 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (918) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by biolabee(m): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2012
just got my pport back
3 mths till mar 2013
it took 3 days

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 10:13am On Dec 14, 2012
opsy4real1:

I applied on 30.nov @ abuja vfs office, till now, nothing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 10:15am On Dec 14, 2012
biolabee: just got my pport back
3 mths till mar 2013
it took 3 days

wow!3 processing days? unbelievable! u submitted at abuja? congrats
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by biolabee(m): 10:17am On Dec 14, 2012
^^^ nope at ikeja processin centre
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 10:22am On Dec 14, 2012
biolabee: ^^^ nope at ikeja processin centre
frequent traveller i guess or first timer?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:04am On Dec 14, 2012
rooney11: Pls someone got a miss call or fail to a pick frm VHS or south africa embassy may be they want to tell u to go and pay repatration fee and u can't call the number back. What can the person do. Thanks
Repatriation or additional info but it must be repatriation because they hardly call for additional info these day instead they deny. For this i think you may be required to pay repatriation(go with your visa receipt), just go the centre where you applied and tell them you want to pay for repatriation, they will let you in and once you get inside, tell them you had a missed call from the embassy and efforts to call back prove abortive and you want to check if your name in among those required to pay repatriation. There is a list containing the names of people expected to pay repatriation, am sure they will check for you. You have to that very fast as deadline for repatriation don't normally exceed 2-3days maximum.

Gbamm over n out

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:08am On Dec 14, 2012
@stylz:
opsy4real1:

I applied on 30.nov @ abuja vfs office, till now, nothing.
I can remember many people claimed Abuja centre is faster, why the delay? Just calm down and let your faith do the rest.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2012
Collinsfbi:

My broda I don't know oh, I am tired self, they don't pick there calls, I will personally go there and withdraw the application..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 11:22am On Dec 14, 2012
@stylz:
Collinsfbi:

My broda I don't know oh, I am tired self, they don't pick there calls, I will personally go there and withdraw the application..
since you applied at Abuja centre, try all these lines +234-9-462-4200, +234-9-413-3776, +234-9-782-2850 & +234-9-782-2852

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2012
I tried calling them, they never pick, they are crazy.thanks for the number anyway.kudos 2 u
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 12:15pm On Dec 14, 2012
Got my passport........3. Months visa.........valid till 9th of mar,2013......so happy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2012
@stylz:
I tried calling them, they never pick, they are crazy.thanks for the number anyway.kudos 2 u

Bro,did try to track it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 12:27pm On Dec 14, 2012
chelseabmw:

Congrats.. I have been tracking it, still under assement... Is it posible its ready and they have not put updated?..I wonder why its taking too long.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 2:17pm On Dec 14, 2012
@stylz:
chelseabmw:

Congrats.. I have been tracking it, still under assement... Is it posible its ready and they have not put updated?..I wonder why its taking too long.

Where did you apply? I would have suggested you go check urself since they are not picking....how long have you being waiting now?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by stylz1: 2:30pm On Dec 14, 2012
I applied on 30th november vfs office at asokoro. I don't know what is wrong with them, this is like 11working days, and I need to travel 21st of this month. I sent someone to help me check, since I did a proxxy collection on it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2012
@stylz:
I applied on 30th november vfs office at asokoro. I don't know what is wrong with them, this is like 11working days, and I need to travel 21st of this month. I sent someone to help me check, since I did a proxxy collection on it.

Dont worry bro,it eill be out by next week....sorry for the delay
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by biolabee(m): 5:04pm On Dec 14, 2012
opsy4real1: frequent traveller i guess or first timer?

First timer to SA yes.. not anywhere else
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 5:15pm On Dec 14, 2012
i just received a txt msg that my passport is ready for collection. it took 15working days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by biolabee(m): 5:25pm On Dec 14, 2012
^^^ good for u man
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2012
IMPORTANT NEWS & NOTICES

14 December 2012:

This is to inform the public that the South Africa Visa Application Centre’s would be closed to applicants on Monday 17 December 2012 and resume normal work on Tuesday 18 December 2012.

The South Africa Visa Application Centre’s would also be closed to applicants for submission of applications from Monday 24 December 2012 to Tuesday 1 January 2013 on account of the Christmas and New Year Holidays.

The South Africa Visa Application Centre’s would however remain open for collection of processed applications on Monday 24, Thursday 27 to 31 December 2012. Time: 11am – 3pm.

The South Africa Visa Application Centre’s would resume normal work on Wednesday 2 January 2013.

Your understanding in this regard is appreciated.

THANK YOU.

MANAGEMENT.

http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/news.html

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 15, 2012
Collinsfbi pls I want to contact you for something please I've sent u a request
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:45am On Dec 15, 2012
Horladortune: Collinsfbi pls I want to contact you for something please I've sent u a request

Open policy please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2012
justwise:

Open policy please.
what you mean? You gone tell me not to contact who i want?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2012
Horladortune: what you mean? You gone tell me not to contact who i want?

The idea of open forum like this is to share info openly for everybody to learn and benefit from.

If everyone of us do it off line then you wouldn't have jack to read.

Dropping of email addresses and phone numbers for private chat is not encouraged here.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 16, 2012
justwise:

The idea of open forum like this is to share info openly for everybody to learn and benefit from.

If everyone of us do it off line then you wouldn't have jack to read.

Dropping of email addresses and phone numbers for private chat is not encouraged here.
but we got to consider some things private, aint it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by STENACO: 6:04am On Dec 16, 2012
I submitted my application about three months ago fora study permit. I got them on phone in the morning friday and they said that I should call in the afternoon to know what is holding it and I could not get them again. My cousing went in person to see them they said that they will need to see me and they don't any further details for him . Could there be any problem
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by P406: 7:42am On Dec 16, 2012
@ chelseabmw, did you pay repartriation fee?
@ collinsfbi, where is the hotel you talked about located @ 6k/night for 5 nights = 30k. on my search I only saw hotels @ 10k & above.
thanks guys in advance for your response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:49am On Dec 16, 2012
Horladortune: but we got to consider some things private, aint it?

There is nothing about getting a visa legally that can't be discussed openly here.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 8:26am On Dec 16, 2012
baddiguy:

They remain intact. The idea is to get a fresh passport that does not feature any page with SA rejection stamp, just so eyebrows are not raised at other embassies. Usually, guys put in a police report for lost passport, go to court and then forward to NIS where about 15-20k and 24hrs would be the only obstacles to getting that fresh passport. But this is criminology, I guess. So I take it back and reserve my... no, comment my reserve grin
Getting replacement for stolen or lost passport i understand you only can get at the nigeria immigration services headquarter,abuja and not at any liason office and not at the normal cost as obtaining a fresh passport. as at 2 yrs ago that i have this information, its about 60k for replacement but am not sure may be by now you can get it for btw 15-20k like u indicated or at any nis office apart from abuja
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 16, 2012
@Justwise and CollinsFbi pls who's gone tell me, I'd like to tour Kenya and some african country before i head to where I'm going! And how true is this? I learnt that you can get your visa at point of entry in kenya airport, how true is this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (918) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.