Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1741990 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:37am On Mar 24, 2017
Emasel:

For English Proficiency,you don't need TOEFL or IELTS,as a Nigerian,such requirements are waived for us,but you can still upload your WAEC or NECO certificate with a Credit pass in English,if you feel like.
As for SAQA,you'll have to apply for Foreign Evaluation of your Nigerian degree results.You'll need your transcripts and degree certificate to apply for this.I guess it is only done online now,so you can apply from Nigeria,but if you have someone in SA,you could ask him/her to help you,because it is relatively easier and faster,when applied from SA.
You can check www.saqa.org.za for more info on SAQA application.

NB: Apply for SAQA ontime because it takes quite long to process.

a question pls, do you also need to evaluate your SSCE or only the BSc
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 9:56am On Mar 24, 2017
MissMoroti:

a question pls, do you also need to evaluate your SSCE or only the BSc
Only Bsc is okay

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Larrywax2016: 7:46pm On Mar 25, 2017
femiaction:
Brother, don't waste your time and money coming to SA because of a woman, with your questions I can see you don't have money to come and marry in SA. Accommodation in SA and other part of the world are expensive. If you eventually marry her you will wait for 5years before you can get PR. Ask her to make enquiries for you in home affairs. Please don't mind me but follow my word. Thanks

....it's now 10 years sef.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 8:13pm On Mar 25, 2017
Larrywax2016:

....it's now 10 years sef.
Even 100 years don't waste your money. I am not saying five years when you know each other I am saying five after marriage. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by liv123: 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hello my good friends.
I applied for relative visa since 7th of Feb and I hav been calling them on phone, but last two weeks I called the embassy to know what is happening and the person that picked my Call told me that the letter of invitation my wife send to me that her contact number was not on it, I should contact my wife to add her contact number and I should bring it to them ,I told him that am not in Lagos that I applied true pH can i send it to vfx pH and he said yes and I did that the same day but to my surprise after resending the letter true pH vfx last two weeks I got a message last week that the letter was send back from Lagos to pH without any reason and I was calling them true out last week but no answer even after the lady will answer and transfer the call to the visa department still no answer till now
What should I do now? is getting two months now and am really missing my Family
Am really missing my Family
What can I do now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by smilen: 1:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
Please i applied for a study visa, submitted my application since Jan, i got a call from their embassy this morning that i should bring my birth certifiate to them tomorrow..As anyone experinceed this before cos i called someone and he said South african embassy doesnt ask gor birth cerificate for study visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
R10500 available at 30/ZAR

Only FNB account owners needed to contact me.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by userpc: 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2017
Guys... Please what's wrong with South Africa Embassy in Lagos ... they are taking forever to process people application, I will be more than happy if anyone out here tell US what's going on....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kwammy5000(m): 8:08am On Mar 29, 2017
Good morning house. Pls can someone tell if this is normal, I have submitted my application since 17th of February and up till now my application is not out yet.
It's now about one month and two weeks.
Pls what could be the reason for this delay.

Thanks house.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by userpc: 10:37am On Mar 29, 2017
kwammy5000:
Good morning house. Pls can someone tell if this is normal, I have submitted my application since 17th of February and up till now my application is not out yet.
It's now about one month and two weeks.
Pls what could be the reason for this delay.

Thanks house.

What type of Visa did you submit?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kwammy5000(m): 10:55am On Mar 29, 2017
userpc:

What type of Visa did you submit?

Visiting/ tourist visa. Just 2 weeks holiday.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by userpc: 11:33am On Mar 29, 2017
kwammy5000:

Visiting/ tourist visa. Just 2 weeks holiday.

Am having the same issue i submit Visiting/tourist visa since 9th of March and nothing from the embassy yet... I was invited by my cousin that has a South Africa ID ... Did you submit with invitation or hotel reservation ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Evidenx(m): 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2017
Please I need your advice,esp.those who stay in southe africa. My fiancee wants me to come to south africa but am scared of the xenophobia. ..any advice pls?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kwammy5000(m): 5:00am On Mar 30, 2017
userpc:
I submit with hotel reservation oo.

Am having the same issue i submit Visiting/tourist visa since 9th of March and nothing from the embassy yet... I was invited by my cousin that has a South Africa ID ... Did you submit with invitation or hotel reservation ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:20am On Mar 30, 2017
Evidenx:
Please I need your advice,esp.those who stay in southe africa. My fiancee wants me to come to south africa but am scared of the xenophobia. ..any advice pls?
You don't need to be scare if you are not into bad deal ! Where is she from ? Ask you to visit or relocate ? What will you be doing while in SA ? What visa are u planning to use ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:21am On Mar 30, 2017
userpc:

It will be issued soon. There is general delay at SA embassy for visas
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by greatdave(m): 10:54am On Mar 30, 2017
PLEASE who knows if the Port health services at the airport opens on Saturdays Please!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by exlency: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2017
RAND to NAIRA

Anyone in need of RAND @N30 ... Inbox me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
Towards an HIV Cure: Global Fellows Research Academy, South Africa, 29 - 31 May 2017
Deadline for application: 9 April 2017

The Global Fellows Research Academy will award fellowships for 20-25 talented early to mid-career investigators and clinical scientists conducting HIV and AIDS research in resource limited countries to enroll in a professional 3-day training and career development course. The selected fellows will have a unique opportunity to participate in a high-level multidisciplinary training on current state of the art in HIV Cure research, delivered by esteemed international researchers.

The comprehensive course will be an opportunity to improve and reinforce the practical tools and methodology to pursue or engage in HIV remission research through interactive workshops and sessions, and will also dedicate ample time to networking opportunities and developing collaborative projects.

The deadline for application is 9 April 2017, all applicants will be notified of their status by 21 April 2017.

The selected Research Academy fellows will be awarded:

Enrollment to the Research Academy
Travel to South Africa
Accommodation and meals
Ground transportation
Course materials

Eligibility requirements:
In order to confirm your eligibility to apply for the Towards an HIV Cure: Global Fellows Research Academy, please tick the criteria below that apply. Applicant is:
Sufficiently proficient in English;
An early to mid-career investigator or a clinical scientist;
Affiliated or working in collaboration with an institution/ university in a resource limited country;
Already working in the HIV and AIDS field (preferred).
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Title (Dr., Prof., Mr, Ms, Mrs):*
First name:*
Family name:*
Email:*
Organisation/Institution:*
Address:*
City:*
Postal code:*
Please describe your interests in HIV cure research and how they align to your current work (200 words max): *
Nb words: 0
What is your motivation to attend the Towards an HIV Cure: Global Fellows Research Academy? (150 words max):*
Nb words: 0
Please upload your CV and support letter from host institution/university as separate files. *

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Evidenx(m): 6:37pm On Mar 30, 2017
samtol4:
You don't need to be scare if you are not into bad deal ! Where is she from ? Ask you to visit or relocate ? What will you be doing while in SA ? What visa are u planning to use ?
thanks bro.just for a visit though she will love it if I stay,and she stays in east london. Am not into any bad business I dont involve myself in evil at all.

but please bros dont be angry I have one last question. if I go to south africa with a tourist visa say 3 months visa and I get married to her within that 3 months visa:after the marrige can I
apply for my temporary residence immediately? and how months does it take for one to get it? and will I have to leave southe Africa when the 3 months visa expires while I wait for my temporary residence?.....thanks in advance for your responses. one love.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by staggerlee: 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
Zuma fires 15 ministers including Pravin and Jonas (his deputy) . I respect Zuma sha he is single handedly destroying S.A.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aamstih: 7:24am On Mar 31, 2017
Hello, Pls is there any body in Pretoria here?

Kindly quote me if that's your location. Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ifyalways(f): 7:34am On Mar 31, 2017
greatdave:
PLEASE who knows if the Port health services at the airport opens on Saturdays Please!
They do, even on Sundays, but they close early so be there before 1pm.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by intrinsicniyi(m): 11:53am On Mar 31, 2017
Hi All, Gooday & trust every1 is doing awesome.

I wish to inquire if any1 can help in securing a nice apartment at an 'affordable price' in a 'peaceful & serene area' arround the University of Johannesburg.

Also, I'm jst curious - People ii knw in J'burg always complain dey don't av 'rand', is d currency dt scarce or what's d issue - I look 4ward to a clarification on dis.

Thanks.

Some1 shld please respond. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 1:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
Evidenx:
thanks bro.just for a visit though she will love it if I stay,and she stays in east london. Am not into any bad business I dont involve myself in evil at all.

but please bros dont be angry I have one last question. if I go to south africa with a tourist visa say 3 months visa and I get married to her within that 3 months visa:after the marrige can I
apply for my temporary residence immediately? and how months does it take for one to get it? and will I have to leave southe Africa when the 3 months visa expires while I wait for my temporary residence?.....thanks in advance for your responses. one love.
Hello brother, how are you? My guy only Home affairs can answer your question correctly. Ask her to make enquiries in DHA before you embark with your journey. One thing that I know is that you can not change your status in South with visitor visa. Your staying in SA will determine at points on entry may be 3days or 15 days or the whole 3 months Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 01, 2017
Hello,

I am a digital marketing professional(freelancer) and I wish to relocate to South Africa for maybe a year or two to meet in order to learn more about my profession. Also while in South Africa, I will furthering my education so the purpose of my relocation is work and study. By work, I will not be looking for jobs because I already have well paying jobs and can easily land new clients and new business so my earning potential will always be bright. I just need to be in a more advanced country in order to learn more about my craft.

Honestly, I have no idea about how to go getting a visa, how much I need to have in my account and all of these things. I will really appreciate if someone can help me with an estimate of how much I need to have in my account before I apply for visa. How much I need to budget for both accommodation and living expenses.

If anyone can help me out with this information I will be really glad.

Thanks brothers and sisters!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sesther(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2017
Hello everyone, I need some clarifications on some issues, I have a visiting S.A. visa that has single entry of 10days. I just want to visit and nothing else.
Pls, what do I have to know at the port of entry, within S.A. and more. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.