Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,498 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733682 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dpaveun(f): 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
IamJerry: PLEASE "JUSTWISE AND COLLINSFBI" KINDLY HELP.... Can a purchased return ticket be extended?

For example, if I pay for a return ticket and I book to return with the ticket after a week BUT I later want to stay for another 1week, can I extend the ticket? Or change my flight date? Please help...

It is very possible, just call ur airline customer care to suspend ur return date, and make sure u call before that day....all u will av to pay for is change of date which is just a token, dpending on where u ticket originates from. It is cheaper if it originates from SA other than Nija.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pavorikoko: 9:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
Pls cross check this documents for me if am good to go;

Invitation letter,(my accomodation is stated in here so no need for hotel booking)

Data page of my host,

Host utility bill,

South African Id info page

Letter of Introduction from my church that am representing

Self introductory letter

Statement of account

Yellow card

Passport

Flight booking.
Are all these documents on point?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IamJerry: 9:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
dpaveun:

It is very possible, just call ur airline customer care to suspend ur return date, and make sure u call before that day....all u will av to pay for is change of date which is just a token, dpending on where u ticket originates from. It is cheaper if it originates from SA other than Nija.

helpful! thank You...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2013
Good morning collins and justwise.how are u guys and all nairalanders.can u imagine I wa denied yesterday because of my yellow card which I got from the port health authority at the airport.I called them yest morning and a lady told me to go and get a new yellow card after I gave her my passport no to check the status of my application.but when I later called again,another lady picked it and said my passpot has been returned back to vfs.imagine that they shld ve just called me if they were not clear about the card earlier rather than denying me the last day as the letter read 3rd of april.
Now I want to reapply next week again but I am a medical doctor and I just finished a one year internship on the 31st of jan and waiting to go for my nysc in july.I want to apply to go in june.please can I include that I just finished internship and show them all my pay slipsduring the internship.I still have abt 42k in my account and the cash was from the salary during the internship.that was how I did the first application in addition to my uncle's documents I attached.I want to attach only my documents this time around.can they accept the fact that I just finished a programme in jan and waiting for another in july which I told them in the first application.My mind tells me they just wanted to deny me cos the yellow card was from the airport.I don't want to use any agent and I'm afraid it may take long again.pls u all shld advise a brother
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 12:03pm On Apr 04, 2013
Sorry I meant 420k and not 42k
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:53pm On Apr 04, 2013
kma: Good morning collins and justwise.how are u guys and all nairalanders.can u imagine I wa denied yesterday because of my yellow card which I got from the port health authority at the airport.I called them yest morning and a lady told me to go and get a new yellow card after I gave her my passport no to check the status of my application.but when I later called again,another lady picked it and said my passpot has been returned back to vfs.imagine that they shld ve just called me if they were not clear about the card earlier rather than denying me the last day as the letter read 3rd of april.
Now I want to reapply next week again but I am a medical doctor and I just finished a one year internship on the 31st of jan and waiting to go for my nysc in july.I want to apply to go in june.please can I include that I just finished internship and show them all my pay slipsduring the internship.I still have abt 42k in my account and the cash was from the salary during the internship.that was how I did the first application in addition to my uncle's documents I attached.I want to attach only my documents this time around.can they accept the fact that I just finished a programme in jan and waiting for another in july which I told them in the first application.My mind tells me they just wanted to deny me cos the yellow card was from the airport.I don't want to use any agent and I'm afraid it may take long again.pls u all shld advise a brother
kma: Sorry I meant 420k and not 42k
I don't really agree with the reason for your denial, though i don't know the type of Yellow card you submitted but cards issued at the airport are generally accepted. I think the reason was just an excuse to deny you. For the sake of other, i will try as much as possible to upload a copy of the accepted Yellow card in and out for others to see, as that is what i use personally. Meanwhile you can get another cards and reapply but try as much as possible to simplify your application by submitting simple verifiable documents as follow:

1.Your passport.
2.Paid Hotel reservation
3.Flight reservation with South African airways.
4.Yellow card
5.My letter of introduction from your hospital
6.A letter of reference from your doctors' association in the hospital.
7.Your bank statement. (the 420k is ok)
8.Write a detail visa application letter to include the your reasons for visiting and assurance that you will come back.
9.Marriage cert if you are married (optional)
10.Consent letter from your wife if married(optional)
11.Evidence that you will come back to your country (A letter of absent from work/leave letter)

Gbamm over n out

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
pavorikoko: Pls cross check this documents for me if am good to go;

Invitation letter,(my accomodation is stated in here so no need for hotel booking)

Data page of my host,

Host utility bill,

South African Id info page

Letter of Introduction from my church that am representing

Self introductory letter

Statement of account

Yellow card

Passport

Flight booking.
Are all these documents on point?

Why don't you request for the host statement of account? Very important
Be sure the docs from your host are duly certified
If you are a full time pastor, good,if not provide evidence of where you work to show you will return to your country

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2013
@collins, this denial reason is kinda scary especialy if d card was obtained frm the port health....or what could av been d reason? As for me too, my visa re-application is unda assesment at abuja post and I submitted copy of d yellow card i obtained frm port health in novemba wich i used to get my first tourist visa in Dec. 2012..or is it that they no longer recognize d yellow cards previously issued cos i learnt they recently rolled out new cards in Feb 2013 or so
collinsfbi:

I don't really agree with the reason for your denial, though i don't know the type of Yellow card you submitted but cards issued at the airport are generally accepted. I think the reason was just an excuse to deny you. For the sake of other, i will try as much as possible to upload a copy of the accepted Yellow card in and out for others to see, as that is what i use personally. Meanwhile you can get another cards and reapply but try as much as possible to simplify your application by submitting simple verifiable documents as follow:

1.Your passport.
2.Paid Hotel reservation
4.Yellow card
8.Write a detail visa application letter to include the your reasons for visiting and assurance that you will come back.
11.Evidence that you will come back to your country (A letter of absent from work/leave letter)

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dpaveun(f): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2013
collinsfbi:
Why don't you request for the host statement of account? Very important
Be sure the docs from your host are duly certified
If you a full time pastor, good,if not provide evidence of where you work to show you will return to your country

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by MSEdLAW(m): 4:28am On Apr 06, 2013
collinsfbi:

1.Your passport.
2.Paid Hotel reservation
4.Yellow card

Gbamm over n out
Helo, my fiancee is a medical doctor, currently doing her NYSC . She intends doing her residency outside the country. To give her career a boost.. Recently we were informed that south africa.. Has a fairly good disposition in general terms towards Nigerian trained doctors.. Pls can anyone assist on how she can get a residency placement in SA.. #spammers and fraudsters keep off thanks and God bless
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 9:30am On Apr 10, 2013
I really appreciate all u guys on Nairaland, thank u so much for providing so much information about SA. I have read thru all the pages and I still have some questions, pls JUSTWISE AND COLLINSFBI and others, i will appreciate your response>

I have just been admitted to University of Pretoria for my Phd progrramme. I have full sponsorship for tuition, research cost and living expenses. My question is that..

1. May I still be required to pay the repatration fees
2. Do I have to pay for medical insurance from here before i can be granted visa since I will be receiving monthly allowance which is meant to cater for my accomodation, feeding and medical
3. Do i still need to include my bank account statement in the application

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
kingmayor: I really appreciate all u guys on Nairaland, thank u so much for providing so much information about SA. I have read thru all the pages and I still have some questions, pls JUSTWISE AND COLLINSFBI and others, i will appreciate your response>

I have just been admitted to University of Pretoria for my Phd progrramme. I have full sponsorship for tuition, research cost and living expenses. My question is that..

1. May I still be required to pay the repatration fees
2. Do I have to pay for medical insurance from here before i can be granted visa since I will be receiving monthly allowance which is meant to cater for my accomodation, feeding and medical
3. Do i still need to include my bank account statement in the application

Thanks
Yes! to all questions

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
collinsfbi:
Yes! to all questions

Thanks man
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by smile2012: 8:36am On Apr 11, 2013
xreal: Can't they be sued?
3 months, holding on to one's passport.

Sure, this can't be done in other countries.

Xreal use ur head en stop acting like u are not learned! Under no situation can u sue a consulate for holding ur passport for as long as they cliam ur passport and document are still under accessment or verification, d worst en best u can do it to write an official application for withdrawer of application and your passport would be returned to you in 48Hrs ! Note return usually without visa! En for the guy who stated it would never happen in any other country, am sure u av no idea wat immigration law say regrading travel passport, am here to say it happen anywhere in the world mostly the Americans, canada consulate anywhere in d world could hold ur passport for as long as 1year, all they have to tell you is your passport and document is undergoing verification en no one has the right to question why this is talking decades, the best u can do in such case is stated abve! WITHDRAW

Cheers Guys!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 9:58am On Apr 11, 2013
its a shame it happens dat way in lagos! I submitted my application at abuja on 20th march 2013 and got a text yesterday dat my passport is ready for collection. I advice any intending applicant who is after time&cant wait endlessly thru lagos to apply at abuja centre

Xreal use ur head en stop acting like u are not learned! Under no situation can u sue a consulate for holding ur passport for as long as they cliam ur passport and document are still under accessment or verification, d worst en best u can do it to write an official application for withdrawer of application and your passport would be returned to you in 48Hrs ! Note return usually without visa! En for the guy who stated it would never happen in any other country, am sure u av no idea wat immigration law say regrading travel passport, am here to say it happen anywhere in the world mostly the Americans, canada consulate anywhere in d world could hold ur passport for as long as 1year, all they have to tell you is your passport and document is undergoing verification en no one has the right to question why this is talking decades, the best u can do in such case is stated abve! WITHDRAW

Cheers Guys![/quote]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 11:34am On Apr 11, 2013
opsy4real1: its a shame it happens dat way in lagos! I submitted my application at abuja on 20th march 2013 and got a text yesterday dat my passport is ready for collection. I advice any intending applicant who is after time&cant wait endlessly thru lagos to apply at abuja centre

Cheers Guys!

I suubmitted at ABuja on the 23rd ... I am yet to receive a text from them..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2013
am certain u'll hear frm them anytime by latest mid next wk..i trust.
ekundayomi:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deiikonac(m): 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2013
While traveling to South africa for the frist tie, please do you need to have your book hotel details or reseve a hotel?
IamJerry:

helpful! thank You...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2013
opsy4real1: am certain u'll hear frm them anytime by latest mid next wk..i trust.

I hope cause this city has eaten up my cash...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olashona: 5:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
hi nairalanders,im a new member on dis forum nd iv got sm worries. il b submitin my docs for a south africa tourist visa 2moro bt dnt kno wat shud b in my self-intro letter.im a fresh graduate nd im nt workin nd jos wana visit for sm days......can u guys help me out?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jiljosh(m): 7:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
Hello,
I applied for my south african visa today but my biometrics werent taken.
I included in the application a copy of a uk visa I got in 2009.
Is it because of this? Cos surely, one's biometrics need to be taken when applying for a visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
biometrics aint taken for south africa visa...
jiljosh: Hello,
I applied for my south african visa today but my biometrics werent taken.
I included in the application a copy of a uk visa I got in 2009.
Is it because of this? Cos surely, one's biometrics need to be taken when applying for a visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jiljosh(m): 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
^^ God bless you bro

Does having a previous UK visa in any way speed up your visa processing? And whats the earliest time your south african visa can be ready?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blackrules1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
@ justwise, Collins & co.
Is it true that officials (immigration, ndlea, customs & co) do demand
For bribe compulsorily from 1st time travellers at MMA?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2013
ekundayomi:

i submitted mine on the 19th and i received sms on monday to come for collection....two other guys that submitted with me got their text message same day...so hopefully you will receive text message before Wednesday next week
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
deiikonac: While traveling to South africa for the frist tie, please do you need to have your book hotel details or reseve a hotel?

Hotel reservation is needed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2013
black.rules:
@ justwise, Collins & co.
Is it true that officials (immigration, ndlea, customs & co) do demand
For bribe compulsorily from 1st time travellers at MMA?

Bro, its a very terrible experience at the airport.....Pls try not to act cool if not they will see you as a good client... Dont give any of them money.... They are more than arm robbers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IamJerry: 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
chelseabmw:

Bro, its a very terrible experience at the airport.....Pls try not to act cool if not they will see you as a good client... Dont give any of them money.... They are more than arm robbers

So, how can someone convince them and escape it??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 10:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
@chelseabmw, av u gone for collection?
chelseabmw:

i submitted mine on the 19th and i received sms on monday to come for collection....two other guys that submitted with me got their text message same day...so hopefully you will receive text message before Wednesday next week
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelseabmw(m): 1:05am On Apr 12, 2013
opsy4real1: @chelseabmw, av u gone for collection?

Yes bro i went for collection on monday and i was given three months visa again..... angry angry i was hoping to get six months atleast angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.