Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733868 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
opsy4real1: i applied at abuja and it took 12working days to process. Yes,u can apply at Lagos if u aint in a hurry to travel and u dnt mind ur application wait for long up till 3 months atimes to finalize. The choice is yours to submit either at lagos or abuja .and yes u wil get ur visa anywhere u chose to apply if u properly package ur documents and are genuine.
thanks i think i will go to abuja. you know am a first time traveler please where will i go straight to inside the embassy to apply ? and they say i must book an hotel so i can use the confirmation for my application, what if i pay for the hotel and God forbid they dont issue me the visa,it means i have lost my money.is there any way i can get the hotel confirmation without payment or even 10percent payment.thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by queenyetty09(f): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
opsy4real1: thanks collins, but the kids are 5year old and 2yr old respectively. Do we fill their forms and sign on their behalf?
D mum will fill d forms for dem n sign on their behalf. After signing she will write "MOTHER"
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 11:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
ensure u include ur hotel reservation confirmation o else its refusal.
ibrak200: thanks i think i will go to abuja. you know am a first time traveler please where will i go straight to inside the embassy to apply ? and they say i must book an hotel so i can use the confirmation for my application, what if i pay for the hotel and God forbid they dont issue me the visa,it means i have lost my money.is there any way i can get the hotel confirmation without payment or even 10percent payment.thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 11:47am On Apr 19, 2013
opsy4real1: am certain u'll hear frm them anytime by latest mid next wk..i trust.

I have my visa ... I got a message from VFS on monday when i least expected.. Leaving soon
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cessna150(m): 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
ekundayomi:

I have my visa ... I got a message from VFS on monday when i least expected.. Leaving soon

Congrats man! Did you submit to lag or abj?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cessna150(m): 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2013
collinsfbi: For those who have one question or the other about Vaccination card, the images below show how authentic vaccination card issued by the Port Health Authority looks like.
Your card must be of international health regulations standard from(2005 and above)
Must contain date, stamp and signature of professional status of vaccinator
Must contain manufacturer and batch no of vaccine with official stamp of approved vaccination centre

Gbamm over n out

Nice info boss!pls where in lag can someone get d authentic yellow card pls?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
congrats!
ekundayomi:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 3:48pm On Apr 19, 2013
cessna150:

Nice info boss!pls where in lag can someone get d authentic yellow card pls?
I heard of Airport but i only know of Port Health Office inside Nigeria Port Authority, Apapa-Wharf, Lagos.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2013
cessna150:

Congrats man! Did you submit to lag or abj?

Abuja mehn
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 7:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
collinsfbi: I heard of Airport but i only know of Port Health Office inside Nigeria Port Authority, Apapa-Wharf, Lagos.

Gbamm over n out

You can have it done at the airport health section..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2013
ekundayomi:

You can have it done at the airport health section..
If it's same with the images uploaded on page 39 then people can go for it at Airport Health Section, no qualms.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 12:43am On Apr 21, 2013
@collins...thank you for uploading a sample copy of the yellow card form. I can now verify that my yellow card is up to date though i got it from the local government Ikeja and thanks for the speedy reply to my former question, now I have a fresh query before applying for my study permit.

__My final admission letter is due out in a couple of weeks, i have SAQA, medical insurance, medical report, x ray report, bank account all sorted out. But how can i apply to take my wife (to be) along when applying for the study permit, my wedding is on may 30th and the admission letter will be out latest first week in may and i need to apply immediately. please advice, do I need to submit my own application first before applying for her own after our marriage, and if that is the case do I have to put married in my application so as to indicate my status. Also i noticed on the form bi 1738 the question "if spouse/dependant are not accompany you, do they intend to enter the country at a later stage"

Please come to my rescue and advice me, I have full sponsorship for the PhD programme
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 9:50am On Apr 21, 2013
kingmayor: @collins...thank you for uploading a sample copy of the yellow card form. I can now verify that my yellow card is up to date though i got it from the local government Ikeja and thanks for the speedy reply to my former question, now I have a fresh query before applying for my study permit.

__My final admission letter is due out in a couple of weeks, i have SAQA, medical insurance, medical report, x ray report, bank account all sorted out. But how can i apply to take my wife (to be) along when applying for the study permit, my wedding is on may 30th and the admission letter will be out latest first week in may and i need to apply immediately. please advice, do I need to submit my own application first before applying for her own after our marriage, and if that is the case do I have to put married in my application so as to indicate my status. Also i noticed on the form bi 1738 the question "if spouse/dependant are not accompany you, do they intend to enter the country at a later stage"

Please come to my rescue and advice me, I have full sponsorship for the PhD programme
Since you are likely to apply before your wedding, I will advice you do that as soon as possible and as regards the question on the form, thick yes meanwhile your wife and kid can join you later through tourist visas which is the easiest from naija and you will file another application for them once they are in the Republic either through an immigration lawyer or you do it yourself.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2013
collinsfbi: Since you are likely to apply before your wedding, I will advice you do that as soon as possible and as regards the question on the form, thick yes meanwhile your wife and kid can join you later through tourist visas which is the easiest from naija and you will file another application for them once they are in the Republic either through an immigration lawyer or you do it yourself.

Gbamm over n out

Thanks for the reply. Then, is it ok to submit my own application without wedding certificate since am going to tick married in the application form
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 8:46am On Apr 22, 2013
kingmayor:

Thanks for the reply. Then, is it ok to submit my own application without wedding certificate since am going to tick married in the application form
Write a detail letter of introduction and explain that your wedding is slated for 30th of May, meanwhile if you have your introduction pictures you can add that but as long as you will apply before your wedding and without marriage certificate, thick the single column.

Gbamm over n out

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by surecan: 11:22am On Apr 22, 2013
if the wife joins him,can she be granted work permit
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chelse(f): 5:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
Pls I need help, 2day makes 17working days I submited my south africa visa application nd uptil now I havnt heard 4rm dem I hav also trackd my application on line nd not stil ready,ps wat may be d cause 4 d delay?I submitd at d vfs center lagos,thank u God bless
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
collinsfbi: Write a detail letter of introduction and explain that your wedding is slated for 30th of May, meanwhile if you have your introduction pictures you can add that but as long as you will apply before your wedding and without marriage certificate, thick the single column.

Gbamm over n out

Thanks Boss!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekundayomi: 8:13pm On Apr 22, 2013
collinsfbi: If it's same with the images uploaded on page 39 then people can go for it at Airport Health Section, no qualms.

Gbamm over n out

its the same .. thats where i did mine and i submited with it... my application was approved..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 11:26am On Apr 23, 2013
ekundayomi:

please how much is the visa fee to pay at the embassy ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluet: 6:31am On Apr 24, 2013
I summited my application since last week,but hav not see any sms dat my application is summited,and I wz trying 2 track it,am nt getting the tracking,pls help me out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluet: 6:39am On Apr 24, 2013
I summited my application sinc last week,but I did nt see any sms that I hav submited,I wz trying to track it,but am nt getting the tracking system,pls help me out house.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by steptaiwo: 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2013
oluet: I summited my application since last week,but hav not see any sms dat my application is summited,and I wz trying 2 track it,am nt getting the tracking,pls help me out

Possibly you gave the wrong number when you where asked to write it on your photocopy passport page before submission. If you have submitted in lagos your tracking which is Ref No: SALA/00000/0000/00 and you will be asked of you date of birth.

Hope this helps
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ibrak200: 5:22pm On Apr 24, 2013
steptaiwo:

Possibly you gave the wrong number when you where asked to write it on your photocopy passport page before submission. If you have submitted in lagos your tracking which is Ref No: SALA/00000/0000/00 and you will be asked of you date of birth.

Hope this helps
please how much is the visa fee to pay at the south african embassy ? somebody talk to me na. abeg ooooooooooo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oluet: 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
I submited @ abuja embassy,I wz nt given any refernc number,pls help me out oooooo!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kma(m): 7:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
Good day everyone.I got my south african visa today at abuja after 9 working days.I was denied on the 3rd of aprill in lag and reapplied in abuja on the 9th.I was almost confused by people who said I should wait for 6 months before reapplying.thanks to my brother opsy4real for his advice.pls applicants shld try to go and apply in abuja.lagos is now a business centre.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jeffobodo: 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2013
hey peeps got my visa today from vfs lagos after 5 working days submitted last week thursday and got a text that my visa is ready for collection,and glory be to God i was issued a 3 months multiple entry visa after been initially denied after my passport spent 2 months with south africa embassy..........God is good

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by steptaiwo: 5:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
ibrak200: please how much is the visa fee to pay at the south african embassy ? somebody talk to me na. abeg ooooooooooo

For now its 18k

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.