Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,767 members, 7,824,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1738389 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by inno4u: 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2018
sultan003:

No, it will be a waste of money.... jùst do the evaluation straight with ECSA... i dont know how long it takes now, but it is usually 2 to 3 months

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by odigiri1983(m): 7:04pm On Aug 05, 2018
[quote author=paulavon post=67786421]
What you require is to certify photocopies of your Bachelor's degree certificate, Transcript and Data page of your international passport at any high court. You need to fill the application online at the SAQA website, download the consent form and application form. You fill those two forms. You proceed to pay the SAQA fee with your card, I was charged around N39,500. A confirmation receipt will be sent to your email, you need to print it out, it is your proof of payment.

You later send the following documents through courier to the SAQA office in South Africa;
1. Certified copy of your BSC certificate
2. Certified copy of your transcript
3. certified copy of your international passport data page
4. consent form
5. Application form
6. proof of payment
7. A copy of your CV

I sent my documents to SAQA around April 20th and just last week Friday I got a mail that my Evaluation is ready. i hope to receive it this week. I wish you all the best.

[/quote
THANKS A LOT,THIS HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 7:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
You can send your transcripts and other academic documents personally to Saqa as long it is certified and genuine. The only thing is SAQA will verify the genuineness of your certificate directly from your University. That is when you need to ensure/follow up that your university sends a confirmation letter back to SAQA.
odigiri1983:
Please kindly advise me.Do I send my transcripts by myself to SAQA or allow my university send directly by itself.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by inno4u: 8:13pm On Aug 05, 2018
@Sultan003

How will i scale through the registration process to become a member of ECSA after Successful Qualification Evaluation. As I read from the ECSA website that a Registered ECSA member must act as a referee during application. Since I'm in Nigeria how will my interview be conducted if the need be.
I will appreciate if you give the breakdown of the whole process.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
Good evening house, pls is there anyone living in Johannesburg that can tell me if country city lodge is a safe area to stay
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by miqos02(m): 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
adespecial:
Good evening house, pls is there anyone living in Johannesburg that can tell me if country city lodge is a safe area to stay
how much is their room rates pls?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sultan003(m): 11:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
inno4u:
@Sultan003

How will i scale through the registration process to become a member of ECSA after Successful Qualification Evaluation. As I read from the ECSA website that a Registered ECSA member must act as a referee during application. Since I'm in Nigeria how will my interview be conducted if the need be.
I will appreciate if you give the breakdown of the whole process.

Thank you

after evaluation you can then proceed with the application for registration with ECSA..... Chance are that they will not call you for interview.
the referee part is a new one, but there are guys here that are registered with ECSA

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by inno4u: 3:11am On Aug 06, 2018
sultan003:

after evaluation you can then proceed with the application for registration with ECSA..... Chance are that they will not call you for interview.
the referee part is a new one, but there are guys here that are registered with ECSA

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 4:28am On Aug 06, 2018
About 8k per night.
miqos02:
how much is their room rates pls?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by miqos02(m): 6:27am On Aug 06, 2018
adespecial:
About 8k per night.
thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
[quote author=odigiri1983 post=70013579][/quote] You do not need CV FOR saqa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:40pm On Aug 06, 2018
adespecial:
City lodge is very safe . hotels in SA are very safe more hotel robbery against Nigerians are done by fellow brothers(Nigerians once they got information u came with dollars).Be careful who picks you unless he is good friend or trusted fellow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2018
I confirmed last week that Stellenbosch and Wits Universities got more funding for research 2019. If you are interested in these schools send mail to your respective departments and apply for admission in order to access scholarship. Please do not ask me for the postgraduate officers am not working there. Use your google and contact officers in the department you desire to enrolled in. You do not need saqa for Stellenbosch university

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2018
Its as if city lodge is different from country city lodge

quote author=samtol4 post=70035278] City lodge ivery safe . hotels in SA are very safe more hotel robbery against Nigerians are done by our fellow brothers(Nigerians once they got information u came with dollars).Be careful who picks you unless he is good friend or trusted fellow [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2018
samtol4:
City lodge is very safe . hotels in SA are very safe more hotel robbery against Nigerians are done by our fellow brothers(Nigerians once they got information u came with dollars).Be careful who picks you unless he is good friend or trusted fellow
To buttress your point. I have a friend in SA, whenever he comes to pick anyone in airport Police will always trail and arrest them both which eventually will lead to extortion.
Some Nigerians are very wicked.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by miqos02(m): 4:01am On Aug 07, 2018
eluquenson:
To buttress your point. I have a friend in SA, whenever he comes to pick anyone in airport Police will always trail and arrest them both which eventually will lead to extortion.
Some Nigerians are very wicked.
so bad.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 6:25am On Aug 07, 2018
samtol4:
City lodge is very safe . hotels in SA are very safe more hotel robbery against Nigerians are done by our fellow brothers(Nigerians once they got information u came with dollars).Be careful who picks you unless he is good friend or trusted fellow

This is excessive generalisation.
Statistics are available online, perpetuators of airport related robberies are done by South Africans and it became so bad that fikile mbalula had to set up a special team. Stop peddling false information.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:05am On Aug 07, 2018
Geenosko:

This is excessive generalisation.
Statistics are available online, perpetuators of airport related robberies are done by South Africans and it became so bad that fikile mbalula had to set up a special team. Stop peddling false information.
Read very well my brother . I said hotel robbery not airport robbery . I never said all Nigerians but few .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2018
Please for the self introduction letter... I need a format of who to address it to. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tonypapebo: 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2018
I confirmed last week that Stellenbosch and Wits Universities got more funding for research 2019. If you are interested in these schools send mail to your respective departments and apply for admission in order to access scholarship. Please do not ask me for the postgraduate officers am not working there. Use your google and contact officers in the department you desire to enrolled in. You do not need saqa for Stellenbosch university.

Thank you for the update, I have also confirmed from 3 skools and they said I don't need WAEC since I am putting in for Mphil or PhD. Please, apart from Stellenbosch which other University don't need SAQA. The reason I want to know this is so that I will be on the safe side in case SAQA delays the evaluation process and that will affect me due to most application deadline.

Thank you once again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2018
tonypapebo:
[color=#000099][/color]

I will appreciate if someone can furnish me with information on certificates I should submit for SAQA evaluation, I currently have Bsc and Msc but would be applying for another Masters (M Research) or Phd program (Which ever one I get). I am confused because my guy in SA said I should evaluate my Bsc and Msc but another said I must include WAEC which I did in 1998. Please do I need to add my WAEC certificate and how can I would get the scratch card pin.

Thank you.

You don't need WAEC.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
Hey guyz.. nice job, Pls I need someone to assist me on this. I work with one of the Fed Govt Agencies pretty good pay and I have a registered company which my wife manages. We intend on traveling to SA on tourist visa just for 5 days Max. Most of my money is in my Company account, though I have a very good in and outflow running to over 3million debit and credit transaction in my personal account. But at the moment, nothing is there, I am thinking of moving about a million to my personal account before d application. Hope it wouldn’t raise a red flag, or should I break it down within a week or 2... ? I Av documents to proof where I work, and also for d business

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
tonypapebo:
[color=#000099][/color]

I will appreciate if someone can furnish me with information on certificates I should submit for SAQA evaluation, I currently have Bsc and Msc but would be applying for another Masters (M Research) or Phd program (Which ever one I get). I am confused because my guy in SA said I should evaluate my Bsc and Msc but another said I must include WAEC which I did in 1998. Please do I need to add my WAEC certificate and how can I would get the scratch card pin.

Thank you.

you don't need to include waec and bsc if u are applying for PhD include only masters and passport data page bit if u are going for masters u use only bsc and passport data page . Your friend is not updated on changing rules on saqa evaluation .Don't waste money evaluating waec nobody is interested
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oladipop: 2:18am On Aug 09, 2018
Please house I submitted my SA tourist visa application in Abuja on 19th of July, till now my application not yet decided and besides, my travel date was scheduled for 13th of this month.

What should I do please?

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 6:57am On Aug 09, 2018
Hairybelly01:
Please for the self introduction letter... I need a format of who to address it to. Thanks
The Consular General,
South Africa High Commission,
24 Molade Okoya Thomas Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.
Nigeria.

Dear Sir/Madam,

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 7:00am On Aug 09, 2018
emailaddy:
Hey guyz.. nice job, Pls I need someone to assist me on this. I work with one of the Fed Govt Agencies pretty good pay and I have a registered company which my wife manages. We intend on traveling to SA on tourist visa just for 5 days Max. Most of my money is in my Company account, though I have a very good in and outflow running to over 3million debit and credit transaction in my personal account. But at the moment, nothing is there, I am thinking of moving about a million to my personal account before d application. Hope it will definitely raise a red flag, or should I break it down within a week or 2... ? I Av documents to proof where I work, and also for d business
Move your cash to personal account in bit. Leave it for a month+ before applying.
If you move bulk cash and statement printed afterwards, your chances of denial is high due to money lodgement.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2018
Please for a 10 days trip to South Africa for a conference with sponsorship from company, is there still a need for Medical insurance?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2018
Thanks
eluquenson:

The Consular General,
South Africa High Commission,
24 Molade Okoya Thomas Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.
Nigeria.

Dear Sir/Madam,

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2018
Hairybelly01:
Please for a 10 days trip to South Africa for a conference with sponsorship from company, is there still a need for Medical insurance?
No, you only need a Yellow Fever Card
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 12:12pm On Aug 09, 2018
You are great. Thanks
eluquenson:
No, you only need a Yellow Fever Card
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Hairybelly01: 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
One last question... Is there really a need for self introduction letter if the company sponsoring you has prepared a letter introducing you as there staff already
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by eluquenson(m): 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2018
Hairybelly01:
One last question... Is there really a need for self introduction letter if the company sponsoring you has prepared a letter introducing you as there staff already
It's compulsory as part of documents required for a short stay visa.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.