Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733230 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 11:14am On Jan 17, 2019
It’s thursday and nothing yet from vfs I tracked it and it still says under assessment what is wrong with this abuja high commission
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tolutheo(m): 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
qalifa:
It’s thursday and nothing yet from vfs I tracked it and it still says under assessment what is wrong with this abuja high commission

My short term visa has been there since november 15, every time I call VFS they say I should keep tracking.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DrCollins218: 2:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
qalifa:

My study permit visa has been there since 11th November (Lagos vfs) office each time I track it, it says under review and school has started, registration has started, my health insurance is counting and to cap it all, my residence just sent me a note that I must take occupancy of the room before 1st February.

I pray God interveins in this visa issues.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by editorAA: 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2019
are you sure since November 11? This is a very long time. What is happening? I heard that it takes 6-15 working days and yours is more than 21 days sef.
Tolutheo:

My short term visa has been there since november 15, every time I call VFS they say I should keep tracking.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by editorAA: 3:23pm On Jan 17, 2019
when did you submit your application, please? Mine has been 2nd of January and here i am waiting forever. My interview is next week and no answer yet from them still " under assessment".
qalifa:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sheddymore: 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2019
@qalifa
At this point im tired and sick of south africa high commission abuja but i cant forsake my family.. Applied since 19 june 2018, they promised my wife i will get notification today but nothing as im talking to u.

post=74844932]It’s thursday and nothing yet from vfs I tracked it and it still says under assessment what is wrong with this abuja high commission [/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
sheddymore:
@qalifa
At this point im tired and sick of south africa high commission abuja but i cant forsake my family.. Applied since 19 june 2018, they promised my wife i will get notification today but nothing as im talking to u.

post=74844932]It’s thursday and nothing yet from vfs I tracked it and it still says under assessment what is wrong with this abuja high commission
They told me to just check vfs but I didn’t receive any notification so I didn’t bother mine has been since August 29th I don’t even know what to do anymore
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anikkybd(f): 3:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
i did non apperance visa for south africa, but the visa was issued in ghana by my agent, thou he did ghana work permit on my passport, any challenges i might face at POE, PLSSS LET ME KNOW..THANKS
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anikkybd(f): 3:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
i did non apperance visa for south africa, but the visa was issued in ghana by my agent, thou he did ghana work permit on my passport, any challenges i might face at POE
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 3:45pm On Jan 17, 2019
Anfieldboss:

Let's just hope you have not been scammed

I hope so too.

The school was confirmed by my friend though. He went to the address and met with the owner.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anikkybd(f): 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2019
i did non apperance visa for south africa, but the visa was issued in ghana by my agent, thou he did ghana work permit on my passport, any challenges i might face at POE......SOMEONE REPLY ME
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2019
Usually, how long does it take to get a withdrawn passport back?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 4:33pm On Jan 17, 2019
Anikkybd:
i did non apperance visa for south africa, but the visa was issued in ghana by my agent, thou he did ghana work permit on my passport, any challenges i might face at POE......SOMEONE REPLY ME

Just so you know the PoE guys at OR Thambo are very good at spotting fake visas and work permits.

Even if you escape the ones at Lagos, you can’t escape the ones in Jo'Burg. (They already know its fake the moment you book your ticket)

So my advice to you is to confirm from the South African and Ghanaian high commissions respectively if those things on your passport are genuine.

Ordinarily you shouldn't have anything to be afraid but this one you are asking about potential issues at PoE...

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anikkybd(f): 4:36pm On Jan 17, 2019
yeee, how do i go about the confirmation of the visa and permits
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 7:00pm On Jan 17, 2019
Anikkybd:
yeee, how do i go about the confirmation of the visa and permits

Google the contact details of the respective high commissions, email them ask them how you can confirm the authenticity of the visa /permit.

They should be able to guide you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Drey143(m): 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2019
slickruler:
Na Cape Town i dey... Buzz me asap

Ah make sense.. I will do that asap sir
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2019
Congrats! What did you use as your proof of accommodation? Thank you.

Passport got delivered to my doorstep today around 12:35pm tioday.. Lo and behold, Study permit was given!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked grin ..It took approximately 9 weeks..I want to thank everybody on this platform that has been of help .. I'm so grateful..you lots are the real MVP..Thank you so much..this is my first time of applying. NO agent, just a teenager that submitted genuine documents with the help of God and gurus on this platform..

I was given 2 years instead of 4 years which is the duration of my study due to the fact that my passport expires in 2 years time, guess I'll have to renew it at SA then..

[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hello everyone. I came here the other time for my sister who wants to submit her application for study permit with hotel reservation but she later got SA ID, utility bill and letter from someone in SA. When she got to the vfs she was told that the ID is not not too clear and if she wants to submit it, she should sign a consent form that she is aware that she can be denied because of it but she opted out and went back home. Should she sign the form and submit it or she should use hotel reservation instead of the ID or contact the school about it( the school does not have accommodation) or can anyone help? Please your contribution is really needed. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blackone1989(m): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
Your sister and I are in the same situation.
Wise decision not feeling the incomplete waiver form,they will just deny her study visa application without checking her application,if she had filled the incomplete waiver.

Somebody suggested here that hotel reservation is the solution.
I wonder why she opt out of the hotel reservation in the first place.

Gurus in the house, pls help us put mouth.
What is the best solution to this situation

abnice2004:
Hello everyone. I came here the other time for my sister who wants to submit her application for study permit with hotel reservation but she later got SA ID, utility bill and letter from someone in SA. When she got to the vfs she was told that the ID is not not too clear and if she wants to submit it, she should sign a consent form that she is aware that she can be denied because of it but she opted out and went back home. Should she sign the form and submit it or she should use hotel reservation instead of the ID or contact the school about it( the school does not have accommodation) or can anyone help? Please your contribution is really needed. Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rockachic: 5:08pm On Jan 18, 2019
Hello, where did you submit your application to?and is this ur first application? I heard new applicants are usually not given multiple entry
saintobi009:
Got my 3 months tourist visa today ( Multiple Entry to use two weeks for each visit ) Yay! Thanks Guys
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SirKennie13(m): 8:24pm On Jan 18, 2019
adespecial:

If your friend is a trusted one, you can send it.... Pls how did u go about getting a supervisor... Am also applying to ukzn......

e
what I did was to go to the dept am applying to and check for the staffs that are in my area of study and I contact them all and eventually two people replied and one of them was interested in what I want to do and that's all.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
Pls gurus in the house should help us
Your sister and I are in the same situation.
Wise decision not feeling the incomplete waiver form,they will just deny her study visa application without checking her application,if she had filled the incomplete waiver.

Somebody suggested here that hotel reservation is the solution.
I wonder why she opt out of the hotel reservation in the first place.

Gurus in the house, pls help us put mouth.
What is the best solution to this situation

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 9:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 2:56pm

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adespecial: 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2019
Thank you bro....I will do Dt as well.....meanwhile, did u submitted ur research proposal.
Pls can you permit me to send u a mail for more knowledge about the supervisor issue cos it seems we r attending d same institution.

Thanks

SirKennie13:
what I was to go to the dept am applying to and check for the staffs that are in my area of study and I contact them all and eventually two people replied and one of them was interested in what I want to do and that's all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by geekybabe(f): 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2019
abnice2004:
General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 2:56pm

Simply tell the person to send a clear and certified copy of the ID and also provide a letter as proof that he/she will be accommodating you at least till you secure your own accommodation.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omoocash(m): 4:13am On Jan 19, 2019
geekybabe:

My advice, pack the yams well. Don’t put all your yam tubers in one luggage. Spread it across your luggage. Yam can be very heavy so don’t carry too much. In my own case I flew saa and they have more luggage allowance than other airlines. Plantain too should be unripe cos it will most likely be ripe by d time you get here. Don’t carry liquid like palm oil or honey in your luggage because you may get caught and you’ll forfeit everything.

Thanks for this. I want to fly SAA too with three allowable checking luggage. I will pack it well
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omoocash(m): 4:15am On Jan 19, 2019
blackone1989:
Guys ,how can I prove my proof of accommodation
I am going for a PhD study.
Can I use hotel reservation,if yes how.
Any advice or suggestion will be appreciated.

Let your supervisor writes that you have a reserved accommodation in the school. That was what my supervisor wrote for me then.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omoocash(m): 4:21am On Jan 19, 2019
SirKennie13:
Hello Fam!

Please, I need your help oooo, am applying to UKZN for a Ph.D. study and fortunately for me, I have got supervisor but currently I need help on how to get my docs to SA for SAQA qualification. A friend of mine asked me to send it through email that he will print and submit for me. Is it possible and what are the other options. thanks.

Which state are you currently. Am in Lagos and I will be going to RSA next week. If you can certify your documents and he can come and collect them at Johannesburg, then I can help you go with them.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omoocash(m): 4:32am On Jan 19, 2019
abnice2004:

She should inform her supervisor to include it in her invitation letter or introduction letter that will be issued by her supervisor to the embassy that there is a reserved accommodation for her in the school, that settles it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blackone1989(m): 9:01am On Jan 19, 2019
Okay,is the supervisor still going to provide his utility bill and certify ID or just the letter.

Pls if can I have the sample of the letter... olayode 89@ gmail. com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blackone1989(m): 9:02am On Jan 19, 2019
Okay,is the supervisor still going to provide his utility bill and certify ID or just the letter.

Pls if can I have the sample of the letter... olayode 89@ gmail. com

Omoocash:

She should inform her supervisor to include it in her invitation letter or introduction letter that will be issued by her supervisor to the embassy that there is a reserved accommodation for her in the school, that settles it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by homody(m): 11:14am On Jan 19, 2019
Hello house

I will be traveling to South Africa next week, ticket booked via Kenya airways to Johannesburg, I choosed Pretoria for my 6 days stay, this is my first time of flying outside, please tell me what to expect from LOS to Johannesburg, mostly how to find my way to Pretoria from the airport.

I need you guys contribution.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.