Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,854 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (463) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1727590 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (914) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TMKsouth: 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
homody:
Hello house

I will be traveling to South Africa next week, ticket booked via Kenya airways to Johannesburg, I choosed Pretoria for my 6 days stay, this is my first time of flying outside, please tell me what to expect from LOS to Johannesburg, mostly how to find my way to Pretoria from the airport.

I need you guys contribution.

Best option for first timer travelling alone is to take the Gautrain coz Jo'burg to various Pretoria suburbs can be tricky by road, although there's UBER and cabs at the airport. There's a turf war between these two though which has resulted in attacks in previous years. So the train is your safest and fastest option.

Firstly, where in Pretoria will you be staying? Gautrain stations in Pretoria are Centurion, Hatfield and Pretoria Central.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
TMKsouth:

Best option for first timer travelling alone is to take the Gautrain coz Jo'burg to various Pretoria suburbs can be tricky by road, although there's UBER and cabs at the airport There's a turf war between these two though which has resulted in attacks in previous years. So the train is your safest and fastest option.

Firstly, where in Pretoria will you be staying? Gautrain stations in Pretoria are Centurion, Hatfield and Pretoria Central.

If the person can afford to pay R500+ for Uber to Pretoria no biggie else Gautrain would be the best bet.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TMKsouth: 3:43pm On Jan 19, 2019
Geenosko:

If the person can afford to pay R500+ for Uber to Pretoria no biggie else Gautrain would be the best bet.

Gautrain is far less. I calculated around R200 from OR Tambo airport to Pretoria Central. Thats minus additional R27 for train card which u will use on return leg. Gautrain bus rides might also set u back less than R50, if you further need to use the bus.

Calculate your route: (take note of Peak/Off Peak times)
https://www.gautrain.co.za/commuter/farecalc

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2019
TMKsouth:

Gautrain is far less. I calculated around R200 from OR Tambo airport to Pretoria Central. Thats minus additional R27 for train card which u will use on return leg. Gautrain bus rides might also set u back less than R50, if you further need to use the bus.

Calculate your route: (take note of Peak/Off Peak times)
https://www.gautrain.co.za/commuter/farecalc

Yeap. Gautrain is way better.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TMKsouth: 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2019
Geenosko:

Use Pay-As-You-Go option. It's the one offered for the airport route.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by petermanner: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2019
Please house .. I want to submit a visiting application for South Africa .. my question is do I have to submit my original letter of employment and promotional letter . Please help guys ..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by homody(m): 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2019
TMKsouth:

Best option for first timer travelling alone is to take the Gautrain coz Jo'burg to various Pretoria suburbs can be tricky by road, although there's UBER and cabs at the airport. There's a turf war between these two though which has resulted in attacks in previous years. So the train is your safest and fastest option.

How do I join the train, can I still meet up with the train by my arrival time.
Also
I heard I can use my gtb debit card for withdrawal from their ATM, how true is this.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by homody(m): 10:47pm On Jan 19, 2019
Geenosko:

Which of this places more safer for first timer? Pretoria or Jhng?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omoocash(m): 11:18pm On Jan 19, 2019
blackone1989:

Okay,is the supervisor still going to provide his utility bill and certify ID or just the letter.

Pls if can I have the sample of the letter... olayode 89@ gmail. com

OK. I will send mine to you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vicola5533: 11:19pm On Jan 19, 2019
Please, how long was it before you got your SA visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by vicola5533: 11:21pm On Jan 19, 2019
Tmksouth, Please how long does it takes to get SA students visa, can anyone help out? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TMKsouth: 11:48pm On Jan 19, 2019
homody:

Also
I heard I can use my gtb debit card for withdrawal from their ATM, how true is this.

Can only help you out with the train stuff. You may ask the house about the rest.

The trains run every 20 minutes. Check out closing times below.

If going to Pretoria you will take two trains with single ticket. First from OR Tambo to Sandton. Then Sandton to Pretoria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TMKsouth: 11:52pm On Jan 19, 2019
vicola5533:
Tmksouth, Please how long does it takes to get SA students visa, can anyone help out? Thanks

No idea, sorry.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TMKsouth: 12:09am On Jan 20, 2019
homody:

Pretoria is safer although Jo'burg is more fun. But Jo'burg is huge, just avoid the city centre (CBD) unless you have a local as a guide. Fascinating place though. Anyway, the two cities are very close to each other. You can work in one while staying in the other.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 14(m): 1:10am On Jan 20, 2019
TMKsouth:

Pretoria is safer although Jo'burg is more fun. But Jo'burg is huge, just avoid the city centre (CBD) unless you have a local as a guide. Fascinating place though. Anyway, the two cities are very close to each other. You can work in one while staying in the other.

THIS IS PRETORIA

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 14(m): 1:13am On Jan 20, 2019
TMKsouth:

THIS IS JOBURG

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 14(m): 1:25am On Jan 20, 2019
Avoid joburg CBD if you visiting alone. Place to visit in Joburg is Sandton city.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by abnice2004: 4:44am On Jan 20, 2019
I will also be happy if I can get a copy. Abnice2004@yahoo.com

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by blackone1989(m): 7:42am On Jan 20, 2019
Thank you sir
I am still expecting

cry
Omoocash:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by rockachic: 1:55pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hi, pls where did you submit your application to, is it lagos or abuja? Is this your first application? I heard they dont give first time applicants multiple entry, that’s why am asking. Thank you
Queenbeloveth:
They called me. I have been given a multiple entry,
ups delivered my passport today after almost 2 months.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 3:48pm On Jan 20, 2019
homody:

Safety is of the Lord
However its common sense to avoid certain areas in those places as a first timer.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 4:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Anikkybd:
i did non apperance visa for south africa, but the visa was issued in ghana by my agent, thou he did ghana work permit on my passport, any challenges i might face at POE
I have a friend who is in the same shoes of yours but he is in South Africa now....he did non appearance in Ghana

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dubaiboy1: 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2019
*** can someone please help out with my question?

Hi guys ! Please anyone in SA for undergraduate study ? Or who just got admitted for UG ?

I applied for an undergraduate admission at the university of Pretoria but I was asked to provide HESA confirmation.

Please how do I certify the documents requested by HESA ? Where can I get this done and does it have to be the original or the photocopies .

Thank you and good luck to everyone
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SirKennie13(m): 10:26pm On Jan 20, 2019
adespecial:
Thank you bro....I will do Dt as well.....meanwhile, did u submitted ur research proposal.
Pls can you permit me to send u a mail for more knowledge about the supervisor issue cos it seems we r attending d same institution.

Thanks

OK no problem
k.abdullah2004@yahoo.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by SirKennie13(m): 10:34pm On Jan 20, 2019
Omoocash:

Which state are you currently. Am in Lagos and I will be going to RSA next week. If you can certify your documents and he can come and collect them at Johannesburg, then I can help you go with them.
Thanks So much Boss
Am currently in Ilorin, Kwara but I can send those docs to you through car park or probably a relative. Can you send me an email through this K.abdullah2004@yahoo.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by raphael101101(m): 11:29pm On Jan 20, 2019
homody:

Also
@ homody yes you can use your Gtbank debit card for withdrawal but I will advise to visit your bank and inform them that you will use it when you get to South Africa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oderinlewo(m): 12:47am On Jan 21, 2019
Do I still need a statement of account when my host has sent me an invitation letter,letter of undertaking ,his id card and his 3 months pay slip?....he is a police officer there
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dubaiboy1: 12:59am On Jan 21, 2019
Hi guys ! Please anyone in SA for undergraduate study ? Or who just got admitted for UG ?

I applied for an undergraduate admission at the university of Pretoria but I was asked to provide HESA confirmation.

Please how do I certify the documents requested by HESA ? Where can I get this done and does it have to be the original or the photocopies .

Thank you and good luck to everyone
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DrCollins218: 6:56am On Jan 21, 2019
raphael101101:
@ homody yes you can use your Gtbank debit card for withdrawal but I will advise to visit your bank and inform them that you will use it when you get to South Africa

Can you use the gtbank ATM card for withdrawal from an ATM in. South Africa? If yes, what will be the exchange rate?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DrCollins218: 6:57am On Jan 21, 2019
I pray this week brings forth good news for all those awaiting their visas. Amen

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 7:23am On Jan 21, 2019
DrCollins218:

Can you use the gtbank ATM card for withdrawal from an ATM in. South Africa? If yes, what will be the exchange rate?

Yes you can.
Exchange rate varies
You will be charged NGN1,200 per withdrawal.

Pls pls and please,
Only use ATM's in secure spaces like inside banks or inside malls else there's a very good chance that your card will have a second owner

(1) (2) (3) ... (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) ... (914) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.