Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1738274 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Juwohn: 8:32pm On Feb 14, 2019
Yes boss, everywhere you have resided/lived (study/work).

qalifa:
Guys does the Lagos vfs require me to have police clearance from SA too ? I lived there for about two years
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Metucity: 9:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
qalifa:
Guys does the Lagos vfs require me to have police clearance from SA too ? I lived there for about two years

I think its needed. I met a guy at vfs who had his undergraduate studies there and is now going for his postgraduate. He was asked to get the police clearance from SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 15, 2019
Good morning, pls does anyone knw about applying for sa visa in Ghana?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 9:01am On Feb 15, 2019
GOOD NEWS. BUT NEXT TIME NEVER APPROACH THE POLICE. YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED OTHER PEOPLE YOU FLEW IN WITH. OR BETTER STILL WAIT TILL YOU SEE ANY AIRLINE COUNTER. [b][/b]
ConnectMee:
Hello guys! I just walked through immigration in Jo'burg. Thanks to everyone who assisted with information from application to when visa was eventually granted. For the records, I flew Kenya Airways. Had no issues whatsoever because of the airline I flew with grin grin. The only scare was when the stern immigration officer asked for my accommodation reservations and i presented a screen-munched receipt of my Airbnb payment in Cape Town.

Dude wasn't satisfied. He said I should have a printout but I told him I didn't have time to print out one, next thing I heard was step aside on the red line. I told him no. Then proceeded to my mail and show him the actual receipt in my mail box. He relaxed, stamped my passport and welcomed me to SA. Unfortunately, another Nigerian guy before me was marched to another office. I don't know why but the immigration officer was saying something about his story not adding up. I hope they don't send him back home.

Another thing I experienced was with police almost immediately after immigration. I approached them to ask where I can buy a ticket to Cape Town. They requested my passport which I showed them. Next, they were asking for my hotel reservation. Again, i showed them my Airbnb receipt. Again, they said no, that I should have a printout. I asked them if they would like to call the landlord and verify. They said no, they are taking me to an office from where I'd likely be deported. We argued back and forth for almost 10 minutes. Eventually, they asked for $40 for coffee before they'd allow me go. I said all i can give is $10.

I thought I gave the corrupt cop $10 only to get to the ticket booth and discovered I actually gave him a $100 bill. Guys, I was mad. Went back to look for the officer, accompanied by a female airport staff that I narrated the incident to. Luckily, I found him, dude was like any problem, i told him i gave him $100 instead of $10. He feigned ignorance and quietly took me to a corner where he produce my money grin. Man, i was just glad!

Awaiting my flight to Cape Town, I hope I enjoy my stay!

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 9:09am On Feb 15, 2019
FALSE and FAKE NEWS
Hadedee:
please is it true that one must pay fees before your study permit can granted?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 9:16am On Feb 15, 2019
I DONT SEEM TO GET YOUR POINTs. God will come to your rescue.
Blessings15:

Thank God it is a PhD! studies can comerence anytime.

"A lot is going on in d home affairs and i think this might affect the embassies and the pace at which they work".

I also applied for a long term visa relative spouse and consular told us my visa will be out by December my wife can go back because of her conditions when we visited the embassy here am i still waiting. They won't allow me to visit them anymore because my grace(wife) went back with my children. Some of our brothers fought with some of their officials during that time and they close doors for any visa related issues. our people are too aggressive! for no reason abusing opportunities no matter what the case... I have called and called consular now he wont pick up, i did call last week again someone else picked and said you can't speak with consular he's busy! sir dont worry too much. we can help you once its 90 days,then you have right to complain the 6 to 8 weeks should be counted as working business days not...
some of our business are not running but yet i pay monthly rent for them.
i've someone who applied in Ghana within two weeks they gave her now she got to sa without issue.
WHEN I APPLIED FOR NIGERIA VISAS FOR MY WIFE AND CHILDREN IT TOOK ONE DAY ONLY FOR NIGERIAN EMBASSY TO PROCESSED.
I SEEM NOT TO GET YOUR STORY. I SEE YOU SOMEHOW FRUSTRATED. SHAME MAN.. GOD WILL COME TO YOUR RESCUE
My worries is my pregnant wife, work, etc we dont have any1. we both foreigners and she and i only help will have.

i am not doing anything right here, paying bills both side. with the nature of this year. my businesses are not running as usual because my staffs are doing some evil which my wife cant control them because of her condition. when i view the cctv and all that's going on i...

i miss my wife and children. shes is heavily pregnant was supposed to give birth last week, she cant drive. we have means of transport but she cant drive. should have thought her o0. i have spent a lot on this. anyway, its my Country now they have opened my eyes... i pray the good lord will make a way. if not of my family i will gladly relax. if you stop doing what makes you beautiful, sooner the beauty will fade away. this people should not deliver me into the hands of poverty.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Diamond1960: 9:18am On Feb 15, 2019
WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE INSTITUTION THAT IS NOT REGISTERED. KINDLY FURNISH US WITH THE NAM.
qalifa:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zenith21(m): 10:06am On Feb 15, 2019
Good morning guys, please i submitted my documents to vfs lagos on 4th of december for a visiting visa, but up till today 25th of February, nothing has been heard from them as regards my visa, passport. What can i do to get back my passport from SA embassy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hartson(m): 10:43am On Feb 15, 2019
I was here before
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 1:46pm On Feb 15, 2019
Ahhh, 4th of December, thats a long time, I submitted mited on the 9th of January 2019 in Lagos, Nothing yet.
Where did you submit? Abuja, Lagos or PH
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Alexfemi: 1:50pm On Feb 15, 2019
PLEASE GURUS , DO I NEED A MEDICAL REPORT AND POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FOR SHORT VISITORS VISA APPLICATION MAYBE 10days vacation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoola85(m): 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 8:16pm On Feb 15, 2019
Diamond1960:
WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE INSTITUTION THAT IS NOT REGISTERED. KINDLY FURNISH US WITH THE NAM.
It is registered I even gave the embassy the aircraft training organization certificate... they’ve given me visa twice to the same school so I don’t know for them . It’s powered flight training center
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 8:17pm On Feb 15, 2019
ayoola85:
It is exactly 16 weeks today that I applied for study visa,26th of October, 2018 and still counting. Don't even know what to do.Anybody with vital information?
Where did you apply ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoola85(m): 8:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
qalifa:
Where did you apply ?
Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Geenosko: 8:26pm On Feb 15, 2019
Alexfemi:
PLEASE GURUS , DO I NEED A MEDICAL REPORT AND POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FOR SHORT VISITORS VISA APPLICATION MAYBE 10days vacation

No
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fekonzy: 9:28pm On Feb 15, 2019
Good evening house. Please does anyone know how long it takes for them to give you back your passport when you apply for a withdrawal. And what is the process please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by qalifa: 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2019
ayoola85:

Lagos
And I’m actually thinking of applying in Lagos ph
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Imisi43: 10:44pm On Feb 16, 2019
bibike123:
Ahhh, 4th of December, thats a long time, I submitted mited on the 9th of January 2019 in Lagos, Nothing yet.
Where did you submit? Abuja, Lagos or PH

I applied on the 3rd of January 2019 and till now it’s still under assessments �‍♀️Should I be worried pls
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bibike123: 8:37am On Feb 17, 2019
[quote author=Imisi43 post=75806934] I applied on the 3rd of January 2019 and till now it’s still under assessments �‍♀️Should I be worried pls[Every one is worried, the delay is too much, the silence is too loud, there is nothing we can do, I suggest you be patient or withdraw if you need your passport for other things.
Lagos used to be fast, but since last year after the former minister of home affairs resigned, things have been slow across all south africa commissions. ]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 8:50am On Feb 17, 2019
Wow guess am not left out in this too
I,my wife and two kids applied for a short visit to sa since 8th of January 2019 till now nothing no response each time I track j keep getting the same information is under process
And the money I kept for this trip I have already made use of half hope it does not affect the accessment
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Viquetohr: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2019
I don't get your point please. Did you mean I may proceed with submitting my visa application without the yellow fever card at first?
Diamond1960:
Yes, it is, you should get it once you kick start your visa application processes. Otherwise, you won't be allowed to enter Sa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 17, 2019
osinawanta:
Wow guess am not left out in this too
I,my wife and two kids applied for a short visit to sa since 8th of January 2019 till now nothing no response each time I track j keep getting the same information is under process
And the money I kept for this trip I have already made use of half hope it does not affect the accessment
How did you apply for it?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Imisi43: 10:38am On Feb 17, 2019
[quote author=bibike123 post=75813816][/quote]
I guess I will have to wait then I just need to know if it’s rejected or not than being under assessments for God know how long again...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Fekonzy: 12:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
Please somebody help with this question

Fekonzy:
Good evening house. Please does anyone know how long it takes for them to give you back your passport when you apply for a withdrawal. And what is the process please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fekonzy:

2 days minimum. VFS response to my email - process in this screenshot

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by walejummy: 7:58pm On Feb 17, 2019
ConnectMee:
Hello guys! I just walked through immigration in Jo'burg. Thanks to everyone who assisted with information from application to when visa was eventually granted. For the records, I flew Kenya Airways. Had no issues whatsoever because of the airline I flew with grin grin. The only scare was when the stern immigration officer asked for my accommodation reservations and i presented a screen-munched receipt of my Airbnb payment in Cape Town.

Dude wasn't satisfied. He said I should have a printout but I told him I didn't have time to print out one, next thing I heard was step aside on the red line. I told him no. Then proceeded to my mail and show him the actual receipt in my mail box. He relaxed, stamped my passport and welcomed me to SA. Unfortunately, another Nigerian guy before me was marched to another office. I don't know why but the immigration officer was saying something about his story not adding up. I hope they don't send him back home.

Another thing I experienced was with police almost immediately after immigration. I approached them to ask where I can buy a ticket to Cape Town. They requested my passport which I showed them. Next, they were asking for my hotel reservation. Again, i showed them my Airbnb receipt. Again, they said no, that I should have a printout. I asked them if they would like to call the landlord and verify. They said no, they are taking me to an office from where I'd likely be deported. We argued back and forth for almost 10 minutes. Eventually, they asked for $40 for coffee before they'd allow me go. I said all i can give is $10.

I thought I gave the corrupt cop $10 only to get to the ticket booth and discovered I actually gave him a $100 bill. Guys, I was mad. Went back to look for the officer, accompanied by a female airport staff that I narrated the incident to. Luckily, I found him, dude was like any problem, i told him i gave him $100 instead of $10. He feigned ignorance and quietly took me to a corner where he produce my money grin. Man, i was just glad!

Awaiting my flight to Cape Town, I hope I enjoy my stay!

sir may I ask when you apply and how long it takes for your visa to come out, I like compare with this long processing days for the tourist visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osinawanta(m): 7:27am On Feb 18, 2019
How did you apply for it?
Through an agent but we came to vsf office in Lagos the VIP section of the office that was where our own was
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blessings15: 7:41am On Feb 18, 2019
Juwohn:
I think it's a general issue perhaps from Home Affiars in ZA.
I've seen another thread where Zimbabweans are complaining.
Fortunately for them, they have been able to force their high commissioner to release all passports by Feb ending, with priority for scholarship n grant recipients.

Unfortunately no one is fighting for us �‍♂️

we do brother, I reported case to Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abuja last year was told no one has complained only me. If we are more than 5 and above they will act.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by akindele214(m): 9:27am On Feb 18, 2019
Blessings15:

we do brother, I reported case to Ministry of Foreign Affairs Abuja last year was told no one has complained only me. If we are more than 5 and above they will act.
How can we complain? Via email?

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.