Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (520) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1732865 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 6:18pm On May 02, 2019
andrew444:

7 days make a week, so 7 times 7 weeks is 49 days, but as i calculated from his date of submission its 53 days

Hahaha Andrew u are very correct. I guess I wasn't thinking

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 8:03pm On May 02, 2019
I just got series of e-mails around 6:30pmfrom them saying my processed application is ready for collection.

Duration: A month & a day

No call

Tourist

Will go there tomorrow.

Visa or no visa, we go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 8:40pm On May 02, 2019
Did you do VIP?
Sage7:
I just got series of e-mails around 6:30pmfrom them saying my processed application is ready for collection.

No call

Tourist

Will go there tomorrow.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 8:46pm On May 02, 2019
cucumbar:
Did you do VIP?

Not at all
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 8:49pm On May 02, 2019
Sage7:

Not at all
wonder why some are faster than others.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 02, 2019
after passport is that all ?
andrew444:

Passport photograph?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 9:03pm On May 02, 2019
saintobi009:
after passport is that all ?

Yes sir
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 9:06pm On May 02, 2019
Sage7:

No call

Tourist

Will go there tomorrow.

Bros when did you submit ?

Only God know who I offend ,I had to leave my home this morning by 8am to go to the island lekki to confirm my status because I was called for interview last week and found out it's not ready ,I even emailed them and they emailed back saying the same thing

Maybe anytime from now I will be fed up ,I can mention about 3 people that I submitted before them that got theirs before me .

So sad
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 9:27pm On May 02, 2019
andrew444:

Only God know who I offend ,I had to leave my home this morning by 8am to go to the island lekki to confirm my status because I was called for interview last week and found out it's not ready ,I even emailed them and they emailed back saying the same thing

Maybe anytime from now I will be fed up ,I can mention about 3 people that I submitted before them that got theirs before me .

So sad
when did you submit ? My wife and daughter submitted in Abuja since 22nd of March, no calls yet. I think what you need is patience bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 9:27pm On May 02, 2019
andrew444:

So sad

Chief, I’ve been a silent reader...& I know you submitted a week before mine.

Matter of fact, when you mentioned they called you, I was a lil’ bothered that I’ve not been called but I kept checking my status only to see influx of e-mails today.

TBH, it’s not certain if I was granted or not so you can’t compare my duration to yours just yet...i was ready to wait for 3months...I’d advice you chill, recalling your passport is not necessary if you don’t have any urgent travel.

Don’t tamper with funds in your account yet.

chilax, it will come through!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 9:30pm On May 02, 2019
cucumbar:
wonder why some are faster than others.

I want to believe they have some key factors they put into consideration.

Some people applied after mine & are in South Africa already.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Odayo3630: 12:50am On May 03, 2019
andrew444:
Went to VFS lekki today to confirm my status since i have been worried

They said my passport is not ready yet and its still with the embassy

Today will make it 42 days ooo

Let’s hope next week will yield a positive result, bcus i think all that matters is not number of days or weeks but being favor with mercy is what will should hope for
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 2:23am On May 03, 2019
Sage7:

Chief, I’ve been a silent reader...& I know you submitted a week before mine.

Matter of fact, when you mentioned they called you, I was a lil’ bothered that I’ve not been called but I kept checking my status only to see influx of e-mails today.

TBH, it’s not certain if I was granted or not so you can’t compare my duration to yours just yet...i was ready to wait for 3months...I’d advice you chill, recalling your passport is not necessary if you don’t have any urgent travel.

Don’t tamper with funds in your account yet.

chilax, it will come through!

Okay thank you

So it was today you got the collection email ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 2:24am On May 03, 2019
ZubyDee:
when did you submit ? My wife and daughter submitted in Abuja since 22nd of March, no calls yet. I think what you need is patience bro.

I submitted on the 21st of march
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by WordFamous: 7:59am On May 03, 2019
andrew444:

Wow

I just calculated it took you 53 days to get your visa?

Hi Andrew, you've really made this thread lively with your energy. For me, I see it as 7 weeks cos there were holidays inbetween.

If you do a little research here you'll see that visas take an average 7 - 8 weeks and there's no need to be agitated yet.

Those who got theirs earlier are what we can call the exception to the rule.

7 Blessings!

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 9:00am On May 03, 2019
WordFamous:

Hi Andrew, you've really made this thread lively with your energy. For me, I see it as 7 weeks cos there were holidays inbetween.

If you do a little research here you'll see that visas take an average 7 - 8 weeks and there's no need to be agitated yet.

Those who got theirs earlier are what we can call the exception to the rule.

7 Blessings!

Agreed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 12:13pm On May 03, 2019
andrew444:

Okay thank you

So it was today you got the collection email ?

Yh
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 12:20pm On May 03, 2019
Collection date: 3rd May, 2019 (5 weeks)

No calls

..a man was there shouting at them saying his passport has been with them since December. I’m sure there was a case of misrepresentation.

Goodluck to y’all.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 1:14pm On May 03, 2019
Sage7:
Collection date: 3rd May, 2019 (5 weeks)

No calls

..a man was there shouting at them saying his passport has been with them since December. I’m sure there was a case of misrepresentation.

Goodluck to y’all.

What do you mean by misrepresentation?

But they don't have the right to hold a passport since December nah
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 2:23pm On May 03, 2019
andrew444:

What do you mean by misrepresentation?

But they don't have the right to hold a passport since December nah

Misrep could be falsification.

Might not be the case.

No they don’t. 5 months?? I’d have withdrawn my passport.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 2:36pm On May 03, 2019
Sage7:

Misrep could be falsification.

Might not be the case.

No they don’t. 5 months?? I’d have withdrawn my passport.

Me by May ending if I don't get any news I will be withdrawing my passport
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamceedave: 5:30pm On May 03, 2019
So I just got an email that my application has been processed.

I applied 10th April.

Processed today 3rd May

Center - lekki, Lagos.

Tourist Visa.

Will go pick it up on Monday.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 5:50pm On May 03, 2019
iamceedave:
So I just got an email that my application has been processed.

I applied 10th April.

Processed today 3rd May

Center - lekki, Lagos.

Tourist Visa.

Will go pick it up on Monday.

Cheers.

Congrats bro

Everybody just getting their tourist visa except me

You applied 10th and its ready, just 23 days

Me i applied 21 of march and no update apart from the phone call i got last Wednesday thinking my visa is near but not

na wa o
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iamceedave: 6:56pm On May 03, 2019
Thanks.

I've been to SA twice in the past though, don't know if that played a rôle.

Cheers.
quote author=andrew444 post=78076915]

Congrats bro

Everybody just getting their tourist visa except me

You applied 10th and its ready, just 23 days

Me i applied 21 of march and no update apart from the phone call i got last Wednesday thinking my visa is near but not

na wa o[/quote]

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by albertbosun(m): 7:01pm On May 03, 2019
Odayo3630:
Hello justwise and people in the house,Iamgrey5, Kombast, Mimicle101, and @ Andrew444. I have been silently following this thread for a very long time and I have learnt lots on this forum regarding the process, and steps by steps on how to obtain South Africa visa.
I’m having a serious problem and I want the house to help me out.

I submitted my tourist visa using the VIP section on 25th of March at vfs lagos centre. My question is this.
I lost my reference number through my phone and this has been difficult for me to track my application, so i had to travel from osun state ( Ile-Ife ) to vfs Lagos centre along with the photocopy of my international passport but I wasn’t allow to go in by the security mobile police and nothing yet in my email nor phone calls. Pls house how can I go about this.

This is the 6th weeks and next week will make it 7th weeks pls house am fed up

I'm presently at this same location of yours (Ile-Ife, Osun State). I'm planning to go re-apply for my visa on Monday with this same VIP section.

Pls, are you saying the VIP has no effect at all on the visa processing? And pls, if you don't mind can you inbox me your number?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lordwilliem: 7:17pm On May 03, 2019
Good day my people, pls I need your advice.

I submitted application for study visa since 8th of February and yet I have not heard from the SA embassy. Whenever I track my application, it keep telling me same thing,

"Application received and under evaluation at the SA high commission Lagos"

I am tired of waiting.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Odayo3630: 10:06pm On May 03, 2019
albertbosun:

I'm presently at this same location of yours (Ile-Ife, Osun State). I'm planning to go re-apply for my visa on Monday with this same VIP section.

Pls, are you saying the VIP has no effect at all on the visa processing? And pls, if you don't mind can you inbox me your number?

I applied on 25th of March ( Monday) using VIP ,vfs lekki Lagos and if I’m to recall while waiting at the VIP lounge, I read the poster “NOTICE” on the wall stating that the vip lounge doesn’t guarantee approval of visa neither does the VIP determine the success. From what I read, the vip is just to enable applicants to bypass the long hours of waiting using general waiting room
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Odayo3630: 10:12pm On May 03, 2019
albertbosun:

You can check my signature for my cell number. I will also be going to vfs lekki Lagos next from Ife

(1) (2) (3) ... (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) (522) (523) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.