Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735449 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Syinkus: 1:06pm On Jun 10, 2019
Still under assessment and my school had contacted them since 24 of may
Demilade1:

Track your application, if nothing shows, your visa may be ready.

Sometimes, they don't send notification.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
Syinkus:
Good morning people in the house,please is VFS Abuja still processing visa application? I submitted study visa application since 7th march 2019 and I have heard nothing,but I was advise to visit their office in Abuja that there could be miss up of passport. Please I needs every one contribution.
Mine is tourist visa application, submitted in March too, and it will be 3 months by next week since submission. Normally tourist visa doesn’t take this long, don’t really know what’s going on there in Abuja.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 1:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
Guys what's these new thing happening at vfs now.

You now have to make an appointment and will be giving a submission date.

I need to understand does that mean someone will travel all the way from eastern part of Nigeria to lagos just to make Visa appointment to be told to come back on another submission date..
Or is there a way to book the appointment online.

Because if there is no provision for online that would be very bad, wast of money, risk and time except they have to open a new vfs center somewhere at the East.

My imput

The slavery is too much
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Syinkus: 6:38pm On Jun 10, 2019
I saw no record found last week when I tracked too but today now is under processing I saw again are advising that one can go to vfs and check
andrew444:

I am sure your passport is ready for collection ,because when mine was ready it was no record found it showed
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bettymi: 9:35pm On Jun 10, 2019
Can one use bank statement not from naija ?
andrew444:

800k to 1 million is ok for bank statement

But others document must be intact as they can deny with others information ,and be glued to your phone to answer the phone interview incase they will call

Even with a bank statement with more than a million I was denied with them saying (Contradictory information )
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by andrew444(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2019
Bettymi:
Can one use bank statement not from naija ?

Don't know of that

You will get answers here
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 10:41pm On Jun 10, 2019
andrew444:

Don't know of that

You will get answers here

Yes, you can cause in my last application I used my Rand account.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Syinkus: 6:55am On Jun 11, 2019
Good morning Demilade,Did u do u visa application in Abuja? quote author=Demilade1 post=79208533]

Yes, you can cause in my last application I used my Rand account.[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Syinkus: 6:58am On Jun 11, 2019
Syinkus:
I saw no record found last week when I tracked too but today now is under processing I saw again a friend was advising that one can go to vfs and chec@ Andrew will i tell vfs that i came for collection ?k

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by olaoluwa13: 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2019
I need info on how to book appointment for SOUTH AFRICA VISA Application ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayomide8990(m): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2019
olaoluwa13:
I need info on how to book appointment for SOUTH AFRICA VISA Application ?
Boss Me self wan no the meaning ooo
because My Agent said he want book appointment but I didn't understand.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by easyxtan: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
Applied on 24th May for a Tourist Visa in Lagos and just got email for collection today 11th June. with the concluded public holidays, it means it only took 9 working days to finalize my application. This will be my second visit to south Africa, have visited in 2016.

5 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 3:31am On Jun 12, 2019
Syinkus:
Good morning Demilade,Did u do u visa application in Abuja? quote author=Demilade1 post=79208533]

Yes, you can cause in my last application I used my Rand account.

No, Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chuksinfotech: 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2019
Please Friends is there anyone from Rhodes University here or anyone working and living in grahasmtown (Makanda)?
What do you have to say about the postgraduate studies and student life around the city?

If admitted for postgraduate studies when can one register?

And any further advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TOPEADE1: 1:01pm On Jun 14, 2019
Good Day Everyone. I have been a silent reader and really appreciate all the contributors.

I submitted my visit visa application on the 8th of May in Lagos and got an sms from VFS on the 28th of May that my passport is ready for collection. Wasn't chanced to go there, so i picked it on the 7th of June. Was granted 3 months visit visa.

Document Submitted

* Dully filled visa form
* Self introduction letter
* Hotel & Flight reservation
* Letter of introduction from employer
* 3 months pay slip
* Bank statement of account (Bal. 1.695M) & Reference letter from the bank
* Pension statement of account
* Notarized copy of marriage certificate.

Thanks and I wish u all the best of Luck[/quote]

Please, I would like to know how you Notarised your Marriage Certificate.
Must you get a reference letter from the bank and if needed wat should be it content

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anonymous1900: 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2019
While some people are delayed, some are also treated quite fast in line with @TOPEADE'S post

submitted on June 3rd, got texts and emails on june 13th its ready, picked up today with the visas.
Got text june 3rd evening application was forwarded to SA high commission for processing
so it was processed in 5 working days or 6 at most if you count the day i submitted

Submitted similar documents to TOPEADE except pension and had a lil more funds in the account.

So just saying its not all cases that get delayed as seems to be the consensus this days

Regards

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 7:21pm On Jun 14, 2019
Anonymous1900:
While some people are delayed, some are also treated quite fast in line with @TOPEADE'S post

submitted on June 3rd, got texts and emails on june 13th its ready, picked up today with the visas.
Got text june 3rd evening application was forwarded to SA high commission for processing
so it was processed in 5 working days or 6 at most if you count the day i submitted

Submitted similar documents to TOPEADE except pension and had a lil more funds in the account.

So just saying its not all cases that get delayed as seems to be the consensus this days

Regards
Congrats. That’s just under 2 weeks, was this in Lagos ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Anonymous1900: 7:31pm On Jun 14, 2019
Yes Lagos

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ZubyDee: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2019
Anonymous1900:
Yes Lagos
okay bro. All the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Demilade1: 10:54pm On Jun 14, 2019
ZubyDee:
okay bro. All the best.

Good evening. Please, just a quick question for anyone who travelled recently.

Since they now ask for proof of residence before departure and on arrival at the airport, do they verify the residence by calling the house owner or what? Basically, do they verify or they just look at it? I am asking cause my landlord is traveling to Australia and I wouldn't want that they'll call him and he will not be reachable.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olikeze1: 10:00am On Jun 15, 2019
Hi Guys,

I was going through HESA/USAF requirements for exemption certificate and I found the following:

THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED:

Proof of Payment for the applicable exemption fee. The money is not refundable if the applicant does not qualify or fails to respond to letters regarding the application, within 120 days of the first letter.
Identification documents (ID or Passport or birth certificate)
School leaving (matric) certificate
Post School Qualifications and Academic Records
[/b]If you have an American High School Diploma:
Admission letter issued by the Registrar of an accredited university in the United States of America
If you are a married woman:
Marriage certificate or divorce order
If you are applying for foreign conditional exemption or
If you are applying on the basis of mature age (older than 23):
Download and complete the M30 application form
Submit the completed form with supporting documentation as specified above to the Registrar of the University at which the candidate proposes to register. The application must be signed by the Registrar in support of the application.

-------------------

I believe I can provide all needed except, [b]-Post School Qualifications and Academic Records-
. I have not attended any educational institution besides high school so how do I provide this ? FYI, I'm going for undergraduate studies. Any one here with first hand info ? Kindly help please..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ojiforeal: 5:55pm On Jun 15, 2019
TOPEADE1:
Good Day Everyone. I have been a silent reader and really appreciate all the contributors.

I submitted my visit visa application on the 8th of May in Lagos and got an sms from VFS on the 28th of May that my passport is ready for collection. Wasn't chanced to go there, so i picked it on the 7th of June. Was granted 3 months visit visa.

Document Submitted

* Dully filled visa form
* Self introduction letter
* Hotel & Flight reservation
* Letter of introduction from employer
* 3 months pay slip
* Bank statement of account (Bal. 1.695M) & Reference letter from the bank
* Pension statement of account
* Notarized copy of marriage certificate.

Thanks and I wish u all the best of Luck

Please, I would like to know how you Notarised your Marriage Certificate.
Must you get a reference letter from the bank and if needed wat should be it content

From a Notary public in Lagos. I think you can as well get it done at high court.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sage7(m): 6:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
easyxtan:
Applied on 24th May for a Tourist Visa in Lagos and just got email for collection today 11th June. with the concluded public holidays, it means it only took 9 working days to finalize my application. This will be my second visit to south Africa, have visited in 2016.

How did it go??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Amolad111: 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2019
Mimicle101:

My learned people, how true is this information that someone need to book appointments at VFS before submission.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Guys what's these new thing happening at vfs now.

You now have to make an appointment and will be giving a submission date.

I need to understand does that mean someone will travel all the way from eastern part of Nigeria to lagos just to make Visa appointment to be told to come back on another submission date..
Or is there a way to book the appointment online.

Because if there is no provision for online that would be very bad, wast of money, risk and time except they have to open a new vfs center somewhere at the East.

My imput

The slavery is too much
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Amolad111: 10:26pm On Jun 16, 2019
[quote author=Amolad111 post=79367189][/quote]

Can someone assist on this question?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Olikeze1: 8:26am On Jun 17, 2019
Olikeze1:
Hi Guys,

I was going through HESA/USAF requirements for exemption certificate and I found the following:

THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS NEED TO BE SUBMITTED:

Proof of Payment for the applicable exemption fee. The money is not refundable if the applicant does not qualify or fails to respond to letters regarding the application, within 120 days of the first letter.
Identification documents (ID or Passport or birth certificate)
School leaving (matric) certificate
Post School Qualifications and Academic Records
[/b]If you have an American High School Diploma:
Admission letter issued by the Registrar of an accredited university in the United States of America
If you are a married woman:
Marriage certificate or divorce order
If you are applying for foreign conditional exemption or
If you are applying on the basis of mature age (older than 23):
Download and complete the M30 application form
Submit the completed form with supporting documentation as specified above to the Registrar of the University at which the candidate proposes to register. The application must be signed by the Registrar in support of the application.

-------------------

I believe I can provide all needed except, [b]-Post School Qualifications and Academic Records-
. I have not attended any educational institution besides high school so how do I provide this ? FYI, I'm going for undergraduate studies. Any one here with first hand info ? Kindly help please..

Anyone please help....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bmkaevents: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2019
[quote author=Amolad111 post=79367189][/quote]

This is very true. A 'manual' appointment, meaning physical appearance to secure a submission date at the South African VFS is now required. Strange but true.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mimicle101: 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by easyxtan: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2019
Sage7:

How did it go??

Was positive, I got it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Incredible091: 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello house, I've been a ghost reader here. Please for those who have submitted an application in VFS Lagos, how long does the appointment take? Does it take up to a week or maybe two-three days?

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.