Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1732213 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 9:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
dannie007: Thanks Ya all, Just picked up my Visa Today! 3 months Multiple Entry. Southy here I come.

Congrats Bro, we r expecting you..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by molue27: 4:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Good day House, i will be going to SA for a training in October, i just booked for my hotel room and was charged 50% on the day of booking to pay the remaining when i check in. i just want to know if i have done it right? thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2013
kingmayor:

As much as I would have loved to ignore your post, I just have to comment so that you will not mislead others. I know that lagos has stopped accepting all applications on study permit and they will start accepting applications again by November, even abuja center has also stopped. You might want to clarify your post, if your course of study is less than 3 months you will not be issued a study permit. So, which type of visa did you apply for, and its for which institution in South Africa?

@ kingmayor, when i saw that post i was surprised myself, cos i was at the Abuja embassy myself and they stopped accepting study permit applications as of 16th july, i had to come down to South Africa on a visit Visa to apply for the study permit even though my course can be started at anytime of the year though its more than three months and isnt tied to university admission dates they still refused to accept it,i think they use the university calender to determine when to process study permit or not, maybe things have changed, really cnt tell.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 8:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
kingmayor:

As much as I would have loved to ignore your post, I just have to comment so that you will not mislead others. I know that lagos has stopped accepting all applications on study permit and they will start accepting applications again by November, even abuja center has also stopped. You might want to clarify your post, if your course of study is less than 3 months you will not be issued a study permit. So, which type of visa did you apply for, and its for which institution in South Africa?
I applied for a two year study permit and was granted. I will give more details asap.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iyiolami: 10:02am On Sep 06, 2013
@elume2020,can you please inbox me on dotun44king@yahoo.com.I need to apply for my study permit if these information is true,i cant afford the stress of going to south Africa to apply for study permit.If these information is true than i will apply next week.Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by molue27: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
Good Day Everyone,

I was at gtbank 2 print my statement of account and request for a reference letter. I was told reference letters are only given 2 current account holders. Is this true? Please, if you've such experience pls share.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
am a savings account holder and always given reference letter on request though i use first bank and 1500naira debited on my account for d issuance
molue27:
Good Day Everyone,

I was at gtbank 2 print my statement of account and request for a reference letter. I was told reference letters are only given 2 current account holders. Is this true? Please, if you've such experience pls share.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princeprincess: 10:29am On Sep 09, 2013
pls does S.A embassy in nigeria still collect repatriation fee for student visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2013
princeprincess: pls does S.A embassy in nigeria still collect repatriation fee for student visa

Yes of course

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iyiolami: 11:09am On Sep 09, 2013
@ kingmayor,Please how true with Lagos embassy collecting application for study permit?please advise!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princeprincess: 11:19am On Sep 09, 2013
elume2020:
I applied for a two year study permit and was granted. I will give more details asap.
pls,help me out by giving detail soon because am waiting for my admission which should be out this week and how did you get your student medical aid cover?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princeprincess: 11:21am On Sep 09, 2013
kingmayor:

Yes of course
with what condition?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lovabouy(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2013
So 60k fit take to southafrica naem i dey 4 9ja dey 5n work? South africa am on my way
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
I know it might be difficult to believe. The first day I went to the embassy, I was turned back by the security. So I called the consular on the available landline to explain my admission, which is a research backed with a scholarship. I was asked to check in the next day with the admission letter and letter of funding for sight seeing. After perusing through, I was given the form and asked to provide all the necessary documents. After which I came back for submission and was given a date to pick up. I paid the visa processing fee of 8600, repatriation of 110000 and some fee that will be made known to u at the bank. Diamond bank at adeola odeku. Don't pay any money until u r asked to do so. As a matter of fact ur name will be sent to the bank for payment. Without ur name on the list u can't make payment. Well I must state above all I was highly favoured by God all through the application process cos It took me just under three weeks to start the application and have the study permit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princeprincess: 2:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
elume2020: I know it might be difficult to believe. The first day I went to the embassy, I was turned back by the security. So I called the consular on the available landline to explain my admission, which is a research backed with a scholarship. I was asked to check in the next day with the admission letter and letter of funding for sight seeing. After perusing through, I was given the form and asked to provide all the necessary documents. After which I came back for submission and was given a date to pick up. I paid the visa processing fee of 8600, repatriation of 110000 and some fee that will be made known to u at the bank. Diamond bank at adeola odeku. Don't pay any money until u r asked to do so. As a matter of fact ur name will be sent to the bank for payment. Without ur name on the list u can't make payment. Well I must state above all I was highly favoured by God all through the application process cos It took me just under three weeks to start the application and have the study permit.
let me ask you this question,is it a must for someone to pay the repatriation fee even if am going for master degree
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 4:19am On Sep 10, 2013
princeprincess: let me ask you this question,is it a must for someone to pay the repatriation fee even if am going for master degree
Yes please, its a must.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by damola91: 5:52am On Sep 10, 2013
Morning House, Please I need advice ooh, I applied for a study permit, I got it over, However by the time i got the visa, (a year and a half), Registration had closed in the school. So the school said i had to wait till January.
1. Will the visa still be valid by January?
2. Do i need another admission letter from the school?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samhest: 9:10am On Sep 10, 2013
I'm a new member on this forum.ℓ need some informations please. What ‎​are the requirements for "accompany spouse permit ".ℓ need †ø̲̣̣̣̥ apply for a visa †ø̲̣̣̣̥ join my hubby in south Africa.please,informations will be appreciated.thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samhest: 9:22am On Sep 10, 2013
Good ♏ơrϞĭϞğ house,please I'm a new member.ℓ need some informations.I'm presently in nigeria,just got married and wld like †ø̲̣̣̣̥ know the requirements needed †ø̲̣̣̣̥ apply for "accompany spouse permit" so that ℓ can go join my hubby in SA.please anyone with visa application fee info would also be greatly appreciated.tanx peeps
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 11:06am On Sep 10, 2013
iyiolami: @ kingmayor,Please how true with Lagos embassy collecting application for study permit?please advise!

i have lots of people that have been turned back by the lagos embassy, the time I even applied for my own permit was in June, and lagos had stopped accepting applications even by then, we were told to go to Abuja for submission. Abuja also stopped accepting by july 16th, both centers will start accepting by november for january admission process. That is as far as i know...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 11:08am On Sep 10, 2013
princeprincess: with what condition?
U can take it back at the expiration of your visa, or if you decide to cancel your visa before it expires
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 11:11am On Sep 10, 2013
lovabouy: So 60k fit take to southafrica naem i dey 4 9ja dey 5n work? South africa am on my way

Mr. Lovabouy, if I may ask, how can 60k take you to south africa o, and how do you plan to get a job here
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2013
damola91: Morning House, Please I need advice ooh, I applied for a study permit, I got it over, However by the time i got the visa, (a year and a half), Registration had closed in the school. So the school said i had to wait till January.
1. Will the visa still be valid by January?
2. Do i need another admission letter from the school?

The Visa will still be valid so far the name of the institution is written on it, you may apply for extension if the duration of your visa wont meet up with you programme when you have started it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 11:23am On Sep 10, 2013
samhest: Good ♏ơrϞĭϞğ house,please I'm a new member.ℓ need some informations.I'm presently in nigeria,just got married and wld like †ø̲̣̣̣̥ know the requirements needed †ø̲̣̣̣̥ apply for "accompany spouse permit" so that ℓ can go join my hubby in SA.please anyone with visa application fee info would also be greatly appreciated.tanx peeps

If you had married before you spouse applied for visa to travel and its included in his/her application then it will be easier, because there is a space for the name of the spouse if you are married, and the person will be asked if the spouse intend to join him/her anytime after. It also depend on the kind of permit the person has, if the person here in south africa is here for a PhD programme then they have no choice than to give the spouse the visa. You can apply at the vfs center, ask them for accompany visa form and they will give u a form to fill, then you have to attach the passport data page of your spouse, the permit, letter of invitation and sponsorship, his/her bank account statement and proof of address, your police certificate, medical certificate, radiological certificate, yellow card and application letter.
Goodluck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iyiolami: 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2013
@mayor,Kindly advise on the option of going to SA on a visitors visa with the intention of submitting my application for study over there.please tell us all your professional advise.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
iyiolami: @mayor,Kindly advise on the option of going to SA on a visitors visa with the intention of submitting my application for study over there.please tell us all your professional advise.

Its very possible and easier to apply for study permit here, you can just come with all your documents and make the application, it is processed faster and they wont take your time unnecessarily. But you will have to pay the application fee and repatriation fee. I think repatriation fee here is more expensive 7000 Rands.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iyiolami: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
@ kingmayor,Thanks for your prof advise.One love
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 5:22am On Sep 11, 2013
@kingmayor, let me state I got a scholarship from SANEDI, probably that is why I was allowed to process my study permit and mind you God's favour to get through the security and the whole process. Just as u read this I have arrive joburg. Had a gautrain ride from the airport to rosebank for 173 rands. So I wish everyone the very best in their endeavour. And please whenever you arrive here give a good impression about Nigeria. Thanks to God for the opportunity and special thanks to Nairaland for information and advise. One love my people.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by molue27: 10:47am On Sep 11, 2013
Good Day Everyone,

I omitted the second page of my hotel reservation when I submitted my visa application at Vfs. I tried calling the helplines but no one was picking up. How do I get the 2page to the Embassy.

Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 10:56am On Sep 11, 2013
elume2020: @kingmayor, let me state I got a scholarship from SANEDI, probably that is why I was allowed to process my study permit and mind you God's favour to get through the security and the whole process. Just as u read this I have arrive joburg. Had a gautrain ride from the airport to rosebank for 173 rands. So I wish everyone the very best in their endeavour. And please whenever you arrive here give a good impression about Nigeria. Thanks to God for the opportunity and special thanks to Nairaland for information and advise. One love my people.

Its good to know you are here, have a wonderful and prosperous stay..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samhest: 11:13am On Sep 11, 2013
kingmayor:
@kingmayor,tanx a bunch,ℓ appreciate U̶̲̥̅̊я response. u really gave all the info ℓ needed.G̶̲̥̅̊Ø̸̸̨̲̣̣D̶̲̥̅ bless
If you had married before you spouse applied for visa to travel and its included in his/her application then it will be easier, because there is a space for the name of the spouse if you are married, and the person will be asked if the spouse intend to join him/her anytime after. It also depend on the kind of permit the person has, if the person here in south africa is here for a PhD programme then they have no choice than to give the spouse the visa. You can apply at the vfs center, ask them for accompany visa form and they will give u a form to fill, then you have to attach the passport data page of your spouse, the permit, letter of invitation and sponsorship, his/her bank account statement and proof of address, your police certificate, medical certificate, radiological certificate, yellow card and application letter.
Goodluck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3rdeye1(m): 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2013
Please how easy it is to get a work permit in south Africa if u get there through a visiting visa? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.