Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1732545 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2013
3rd eye: Please how easy it is to get a work permit in south Africa if u get there through a visiting visa? Thanks
cheesy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3rdeye1(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2013
And pls @kingmayor
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princeprincess: 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
pls nairaland:i want to travel 2 S.A as a tourist,how can i arrange the document myself ?pls i need info
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
3rd eye: And pls @kingmayor

I will strongly advise to check all your available options before you spend lots of money coming here without any solid arrangements. There are lots of Nigerians here doing nothing, and they cant go back home because they invested heavily in their travelling and people back at home are also relying on them for support just because they are out of the country. There are no easy jobs anywhere, and I dont think you can meet up with work visa requirement just by staying few weeks. There are lots of documentation involved, although anything is possible but its not a bed of roses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
princeprincess: pls nairaland:i want to travel 2 S.A as a tourist,how can i arrange the document myself ?pls i need info

Are you not the same person asking about study permit?. You cannot dodge paying repatriation money, if you dont pay in Naija you will still have to pay it here is S.A which is more expensive. You can check through the past pages of this thread, you will find everything you need there. Its good for you to apply by yourself, if your documents are genuine then you will be granted.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
molue27:
Good Day Everyone,

I omitted the second page of my hotel reservation when I submitted my visa application at Vfs. I tried calling the helplines but no one was picking up. How do I get the 2page to the Embassy.

Thanks
As far as your payment and confirmation info is on the one you submitted, otherwise you might be called upon to furnish the remaining part. Just back it up with prayers. Your application would have been dispatched to the embassy except you call the embassy and ask for update on your application then they can tell you if anything is missing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by princeprincess: 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
kingmayor:

Are you not the same person asking about study permit?. You cannot dodge paying repatriation money, if you dont pay in Naija you will still have to pay it here is S.A which is more expensive. You can check through the past pages of this thread, you will find everything you need there. Its good for you to apply by yourself, if your documents are genuine then you will be granted.
i dnt just want to pay that money because is too costly for me to give in just like that.i learnt that people who travel to S.A by tourist visa dont pay that money and they can apply for any school of their choice when they get there?thats why am thinking of applying for tourist visa?kindly advise me or inbox me any information to this e-mail princeadelekm@gmail.com
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2013
princeprincess: i dnt just want to pay that money because is too costly for me to give in just like that.i learnt that people who travel to S.A by tourist visa dont pay that money and they can apply for any school of their choice when they get there?thats why am thinking of applying for tourist visa?kindly advise me or inbox me any information to this e-mail princeadelekm@gmail.com

When you are given admission you will still need to apply for study permit visa, that is what you will use to register at the institution, you cannot register with a tourist visa, u can only apply for admission. The thing also is that I dont think you can spend more than a month is SA at a time, so whats the probability that you will get everything done and your study permit will be ready within that stipulated time. At any rate u will still need to pay repatriation fee when you apply for study permit here even if you come here with tourist visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
@Princeprincess , Let me add my 2 cents, from my experience, you can defintely apply for study permit when u get here, but then again, not all home affairs office accept the application, the only one that does as per Joburg (dont know about other towns) is at a place called Akasia in North Pretoria, its quite a distance, the requirements are the same as if you were applying in Nigeria, not too sure if they would accept a Nigeria medical report, really dont knw, but i did mine here, was a requirement for my course anyway so i just gave the doctor the medical report form to fill and stamp for me, which he did, also expect to pay 7000 Rands for repatriation and 425 rands as study permit appication fee. The wait time is also as lengthy as Nigeria, was told to check in 30days. You would be also given a receipt showing that you applied to change your status but u cnt do that which u applied for pending the result of the application, the receipt also allows you stay beyond the 30 days u were in initially allowed to stay on ur visit visa ( cant really confirm this, but so i heard).

My advice, get ur admission first, get all required documents, get ur funds in order before coming down here so you dnt have to waste time because you cnt apply for the study permit if ur 30 days given has expired. Goodluck. Enjoying the weather and offcourse the babez cool cool
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:53am On Sep 14, 2013
Hello Guys, Having a valid South Africa Visa, which of its neighboring country can i check in with that sa visa and will be legal for me?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by valentino81(m): 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hello NLDER's, I wish to spend a week in southy around december on a tourist visa. I am self sponsor, I have yellow vaccination card collected at MMA.
My Question;

1-Will I be required to pay repatriation fee?
2- I want to go there around dec 20..like when is the best to start d application?
3- A nlder mentioned buying from southy and resell in Naija, what and what can be bought & resell here in Naija dt guarantee ġood
Returns?
Тнαηкѕ for ur anticipated support.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zachxolan(m): 12:51am On Sep 16, 2013
Please house, I will like to find out the cost of studying in Stellenbosch University for a master's degree in Engineering compared to other schools in cape town.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3rdeye1(m): 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
collinsfbi:

with 60k maximum, i think you are good to go but terms and conditions apply sha ooooo, for instance balance on your acct statement not inlcluded

Gbamm over and out
60k?....it is only 18k...of course aside bank ish!....except u ar going thru some sort of agents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3rdeye1(m): 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
kingmayor:

I will strongly advise to check all your available options before you spend lots of money coming here without any solid arrangements. There are lots of Nigerians here doing nothing, and they cant go back home because they invested heavily in their travelling and people back at home are also relying on them for support just because they are out of the country. There are no easy jobs anywhere, and I dont think you can meet up with work visa requirement just by staying few weeks. There are lots of documentation involved, although anything is possible but its not a bed of roses.
tnx@kingmayor...i actually hold on to ur last statement. POSSIBILITY!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 17, 2013
Hello Guys, Having a valid South Africa Visa, which of its neighboring country can i check in with that sa visa and will be legal for me?......
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by solomonwis(m): 6:56am On Sep 17, 2013
Horladortune: Hello Guys, Having a valid South Africa Visa, which of its neighboring country can i check in with that sa visa and will be legal for me?......

Mozambique.

You pay a few dollars to get the visa on arrival.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
Horladortune: Hello Guys, Having a valid South Africa Visa, which of its neighboring country can i check in with that sa visa and will be legal for me?......

Go to Swaziland.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
collinsfbi:

with 60k maximum, i think you are good to go but terms and conditions apply sha ooooo, for instance balance on your acct statement not inlcluded

Gbamm over and out

3rd eye: 60k?....it is only 18k...of course aside bank ish!....except u ar going thru some sort of agents

I can see you quote me, It is either you are new here or you are just learning the traveling procedure. Only your 18k visa fee will not take you to SA, don't forget you also need to include a paid hotel confirmation as a tourist applicant without letter of invitation from South African host.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
valentino81: Hello NLDER's, I wish to spend a week in southy around december on a tourist visa. I am self sponsor, I have yellow vaccination card collected at MMA.
My Question;

1-Will I be required to pay repatriation fee? Possibility 99%
2- I want to go there around dec 20..like when is the best to start d application? Sept is almost gone, apply anytime in October
3- A nlder mentioned buying from southy and resell in Naija, what and what can be bought & resell here in Naija dt guarantee ġood
Returns? Ask people to take you to Marabastad in Pretoria, you will get cheap stuffs over there or visit any local market in Jo'burg, but don't buy from malls if you want to resell in naija.
Тнαηкѕ for ur anticipated support.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
Zachxolan: Please house, I will like to find out the cost of studying in Stellenbosch University for a master's degree in Engineering compared to other schools in cape town.

visit: www.sun.ac.za

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3rdeye1(m): 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2013
collinsfbi:

I can see you quote me, It is either you are new here or you are just learning the traveling procedure. Only your 18k visa fee will not take you to SA, don't forget you also need to include a paid hotel confirmation as a tourist applicant without letter of invitation from South African host.

Gbamm over n out
oh I see...I only paid 18k...I guessed that was d reason why I was denied! I did make a hotel booking but I did not pay. SA embassy told me that I was denied cos of 'invalid hotel booking'. Kindly shed more light to this for me pls..nd what u think I can do next. And what do u mean by d 'letter of invitation from south African host'? Ur prompt response will be hightly appreciated! Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2013
where did u apply from? Abuja or lagos? Same just happened to a friend on same reason and he applied thru abuja..
3rd eye: oh I see...I only paid 18k...I guessed that was d reason why I was denied! I did make a hotel booking but I did not pay. SA embassy told me that I was denied cos of 'invalid hotel booking'. Kindly shed more light to this for me pls..nd what u think I can do next. And what do u mean by d 'letter of invitation from south African host'? Ur prompt response will be hightly appreciated! Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by gwobo(m): 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
I am new here.Please what are the basic requirements for Student Visa for post graduate studies in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3rdeye1(m): 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
I aplied though abuja also...
opsy4real1: where did u apply from? Abuja or lagos? Same just happened to a friend on same reason and he applied thru abuja..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 3rdeye1(m): 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2013
I applied through abuja also...
opsy4real1: where did u apply from? Abuja or lagos? Same just happened to a friend on same reason and he applied thru abuja..
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 7:16am On Sep 19, 2013
hi collinsfbi, i dont tend to undastand the south africa consulars any more especialy with deliberate denying of some applicants on hotel ground even in the midst of the validity of the reservation. The same kind hotel reservation i used in getting my visa that had been rejected in d case of 2 of my friends at different times. Even as at yesterday afta the denial we still checked with the hotel and still very much valid. May i ask how they conduct their own verification that states invalid. This is realy bringdown.
3rd eye: I aplied though abuja also...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Zee07(m): 11:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hi all. I'm new in here. Tried to follow this thread from the beginning (you know how difficult that can be with 59 pages!) Anyway, kudos to the "SA gurus" here, giving candid advice and apparently making the lives of fellow brothers/sisters better: Respect to collinsfbi and and Manager007
Please forgive me if this issue has been previously discussed/answered.
Is there an age limit on Repatriation fees? What i mean is, for instance, if my wife and 2yrs+ daughter decide to come and join/visit me in SA (I'm not yet in SA though), do I have to 'drop' for the child too? I hope not!
Awaiting your response.
Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2013
Zee07: Hi all. I'm new in here. Tried to follow this thread from the beginning (you know how difficult that can be with 59 pages!) Anyway, kudos to the "SA gurus" here, giving candid advice and apparently making the lives of fellow brothers/sisters better: Respect to collinsfbi and and Manager007
Is there an age limit on Repatriation fees? What i mean is, for instance, if my wife and 2yrs+ daughter decide to come and join/visit me in SA (I'm not yet in SA though), do I have to 'drop' for the child too? I hope not!
Awaiting your response.
Thanks.

Yes to all!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2013
opsy4real1: hi collinsfbi, i dont tend to undastand the south africa consulars any more especialy with deliberate denying of some applicants on hotel ground even in the midst of the validity of the reservation. The same kind hotel reservation i used in getting my visa that had been rejected in d case of 2 of my friends at different times. Even as at yesterday afta the denial we still checked with the hotel and still very much valid. May i ask how they conduct their own verification that states invalid. This is realy bringdown.
Make sure to use registered hotel and make sure their details such as phone numbers are reachable to SA embassy in Nigeria and it must be a paid reservation.

Gbam over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:32pm On Sep 20, 2013
3rd eye: oh I see...I only paid 18k...I guessed that was d reason why I was denied! I did make a hotel booking but I did not pay. SA embassy told me that I was denied cos of 'invalid hotel booking'. Kindly shed more light to this for me pls..nd what u think I can do next. And what do u mean by d 'letter of invitation from south African host'? Ur prompt response will be hightly appreciated! Cheers!
Your hotel booking must be a paid hotel reservation and hotel contact details must be reachable to SA Embassy in Nigeria for further confirmation. In some cases, applicant maybe be denied even when used a valid/paid hotel reservation if the embassy is unable to ascertain the validity of such reservation probably the hotel numbers are not reachable or the hotel fail to respond to their mail if such confirmation is to be ascertained by e-mail. Letter of invitation on the other hand is used in place of hotel reservation and it must come from a South African citizens or holders of permanent resident permit. Duly certified and accompanying by host copy of passport page, statement of account and copies of other utilities bills. All docs must be duly certified.

Gbam over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
Zee07: Hi all. I'm new in here. Tried to follow this thread from the beginning (you know how difficult that can be with 59 pages!) Anyway, kudos to the "SA gurus" here, giving candid advice and apparently making the lives of fellow brothers/sisters better: Respect to collinsfbi and and Manager007
Awaiting your response.
Thanks.
There is nothing like age limited to repatriation fee, once you are not a citizen of South African then you must pay if you are coming to South Africa either for work, study or visit but the funniest thing is that some people are lucky to be granted visa without paying repatriation most especially people who applied for tourist visa.

Gbam over n out

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.