Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1729708 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justt: 5:37am On Feb 12, 2021
It's well.
Sometimes, things don't just go the way we planned even after giving our best
Best of luck next time.
bobnono:

Thanks brothers:
@ Theyoungmatron
@ justt

@ justt,

I did certified all documents and we never got any calls from them to confirm the invitation letter or anything & I also stated it in the letter that I would take all responsibility financially and she would be staying with us.

At first when i mailed those documents to her i did not include a marriage certificate and flight.

It was not my intention to add those extra they requested for it on the day she wanted to submit that without it she must sign a letter that when her visa declined they would not be held responsible. On the day of submission she called that they refused to accept all the documents they wanted for a marriage certificate and i asked why this is just a visit? said since i am a Nigerian they don't care about my status here in SA that she must use my wife since she's originally from SA. She's a SA born Zim  so they would be needing our marriage certificate and my sis made arrangement there with a law firm...

I don't want to use agents because they might put something bad down due to long time experience. 
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justt: 5:37am On Feb 12, 2021
Thanks so much @ Bukundy
The difference is quite much!
bukundy:
@Justt, try check some government approved covid 19 test centers on NCDC website. My husband paid 50,400 for his test @Afriglobal but his friend had his own at a government center( Federal Medical Center, Owo....this center is for people in Ondo State) for just 10k. The service is even better.than Afriglobal's...result is sent to one's mail within 24hrs without any delay.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justt: 9:59am On Feb 12, 2021
Please can anyone help me out?

I need to book a ticket for my wife but I can't seem to find airline with extension beyond one year!
I'm afraid of booking a one-way ticket for her because she was given visitor's visa just like me though with a 2-year validity. I came with one-way ticket but was almost denied boarding. So, to prevent her going through that I wish to book a return ticket directly but she will still be in SA when the ticket expires.

Has anyone here used one-way ticket on visitor's visa or extended visa validity beyond 1 yr?
Kindly advise me, please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Shajaya: 11:32am On Feb 12, 2021
justt:

Well not me really, but my wife.
Fortunately, she got her passport this evening with the visa approved.
Congrats bro. please like how-much can the sponsor have in is account to facilitate family reunion visa. a friend of mine got rejected recently based on insufficient fund
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tifebabe123: 11:35am On Feb 12, 2021
samtol4:
. Contact the embassy. However, study visa applications take 4weeks to 8 weeks or more. More importantly , be in contact with your university.

Please any contact for the South African embassy in Lagos.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justt: 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2021
Since I get asked this question often, let me put it here once and for all.
I can't say precisely, but judging from the minimum (R8,500/person/month) expected for a relative visa (http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/immigration-services/types-of-visas), I guess it's safe to work a bit above the minimum. R8,500 should be around N212,500 - N255,000 depending on the prevailing exchange rate.

While inviting my wife, I used both my naija (<N150K) and SA (about R11k) account details.
That's why I told Bobnono that her sister's visa rejection couldn't have been due to financial reasons since 1 M in the sister's account is R 33,333 (@ N30/R).

Sometimes, rejection due to insufficient fund is flimsy. But if actually that was the case, then you had probably given yourself out somewhere else. For instance, you are applying for visitor's visa (90 days) but the dates on your ticket or/and letter to the embassy indicates more months will be spent, definitely the fund would be insufficient besides the fact that you are not being honest.

Hope this helps someone

Shajaya:
Congrats bro. please like how-much can the sponsor have in is account to facilitate family reunion visa. a friend of mine got rejected recently based on insufficient fund
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bukundy: 11:06pm On Feb 12, 2021
Please did you mean a balance of 150k or 1.5m...beacause the addition of 150k and R11k is about 500k....

justt:
I can't say precisely, but judging from the minimum (R8,500/person/month) expected for a relative visa (http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/immigration-services/types-of-visas), I guess it's safe to work a bit above the minimum. R8,500 should be around N212,500 - N255,000 depending on the prevailing exchange rate.

While inviting my wife, I used both my naija (<N150K) and SA (about R11k) account details.
That's why I told Bobnono that her sister's visa rejection couldn't have been due to financial reasons since 1 M in the sister's account is R 33,333 (@ N30/R).

Sometimes, rejection due to insufficient fund is flimsy. But if actually that was the case, then you had probably given yourself out somewhere else. For instance, you are applying for visitor's visa (90 days) but the dates on your ticket or/and letter to the embassy indicates more months will be spent, definitely the fund would be insufficient besides the fact that you are not being honest.

Hope this helps someone

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by valjoy(f): 3:19am On Feb 13, 2021
justt:

Hope this helps someone

Hello, i sent you a PM.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by valjoy(f): 3:20am On Feb 13, 2021
080bjaked:

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/southafrica/nigeria/english/pdf/visa-requrment-holiday.pdf

Check that link, it would download the visa requirements for you.

Thanks. Can i speak to you privately please?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justt: 8:51am On Feb 13, 2021
1.5m

Not even up to 150,000!
In fact the money was transfer to my account less than one week by one of those who bought rand from me.
No thanks to our employer who is owing us!

Yes, I had less than 500k from both my Naija and SA account combined.
However, I included my fellowship award (~R16k/month).
Obviously, this is even less than the stipulated minimum of R8,500/person/month

As at the time of inviting my wife, I had only been paid one month stipend and having sent some amount home, made some purchases, I had about (R11k) in my SA account.

I couldn't even get the real statement of account here in SA. They said my account was still less than a month, so I was only issued an interim statement which I certified from the police.

So, I wonder why people having over 1 M in their accounts are saying their applications were rejected for financial reasons.

bukundy:
Please did you mean a balance of 150k or 1.5m...beacause the addition of 150k and R11k is about 500k....

Replied
valjoy:

Hello, i sent you a PM.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bukundy: 10:56am On Feb 13, 2021
Wao! Wao! Speechless

[quote author=justt post=99017717]1.5m

Not even up to 150,000!
In fact the money was transfer to my account less than one week by one of those who bought rand from me.
No thanks to our employer who is owing us!

Yes, I had less than 500k from both my Naija and SA account combined.
However, I included my fellowship award (~R16k/month).
Obviously, this is even less than the stipulated minimum of R8,500/person/month

As at the time of inviting my wife, I had only been paid one month stipend and having sent some amount home, made some purchases, I had about (R11k) in my SA account.

I couldn't even get the real statement of account here in SA. They said my account was still less than a month, so I was only issued an interim statement which I certified from the police.

So, I wonder why people having over 1 M in their accounts are saying their applications were rejected for financial reasons.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mercydecy: 7:11pm On Feb 13, 2021
hello house, i just got my passport back since december and the application was refused, reason states “ provided incorrect contact details “
please what does that mean
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by dake40(m): 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2021
Mercydecy:
hello house, i just got my passport back since december and the application was refused, reason states “ provided incorrect contact details “

Your address i guess
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cyclops33: 8:42pm On Feb 13, 2021
This should be your hotel booking or contact you want to stay with.
Mercydecy:
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mercydecy: 7:26am On Feb 14, 2021
Cyclops33:
This should be your hotel booking or contact you want to stay with.
it’s meant to be a hotel
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mercydecy: 7:27am On Feb 14, 2021
dake40:

Your address i guess
address here in Nigeria?
they said my application can only be considered after 6months
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bivoprad(f): 10:20pm On Feb 14, 2021
Hi everyone, please, can someone help me with a valid and active email address I can use to contact the embassy in Lagos
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by oridon43: 8:48am On Feb 15, 2021
How did you receive your passport back, is it not same address in Nigeria that DHL drop your passport?

(quote author=Mercydecy post=99047468]
address here in Nigeria?
they said my application can only be considered after 6months[/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Infoparlour: 1:45pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hello guys I am about to apply for study visa, but I am a bit confused, According to VFS website, I am supposed to apply online and schedule an appointment, but I keep reading here that you can just gate crash VFS and submit, Please which is the correct action, can anybody who submitted recently educate me on the right thing to do, I am in Lagos by the way
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bukundy: 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2021
I do not think you need to book any appointment. Just make sure you get to VSF very early so that you can be attended to in time.

Infoparlour:
Hello guys I am about to apply for study visa, but I am a bit confused, According to VFS website, I am supposed to apply online and schedule an appointment, but I keep reading here that you can just gate crash VFS and submit, Please which is the correct action, can anybody who submitted recently educate me on the right thing to do, I am in Lagos by the way
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2021
hotplate:
How do i apply for a work visa in S.A and how difficult is it getting a Job there with a degree from Nigeria?
It is extremely difficult for you to get work visa if your discipline is not classified as "critical skill". More importantly, your discipline will determine your chances.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:18pm On Feb 15, 2021
Js22621:
Cargo Service between Nigeria and South Africa

Sending Cargo, Documents, Letter, Courier, Between Nigeria and South Africa

What we ship

1. Documents, Letter, Parcels etc
2. Cargo
3. Mobile Phones
4. Tablet /Laptops etc

Collection and delivery around (Lagos,Pretoria,Johannesburg)

Note; Delivery to other cities in South Africa can be arranged on request

For more information contact us +27710725195
What are your charges for courier of phones and laptops
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Js22621: 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2021
samtol4:
What are your charges for courier of phones and laptops

Phone R300
Laptop R700

Custom clearance fee inclusive
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Somberyl(f): 6:07pm On Feb 15, 2021
Ok
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yhamo: 7:23pm On Feb 15, 2021
Good day guys,
it is advisabe to use personal account or business account statements when one is applying for a visitors visa as a self employed applicant.?
The person has been using her personal account to run the business all this while.... does she have to go and open a business account for this purpose?

Your advice will be highy appreciated....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tifebabe123: 7:26pm On Feb 15, 2021
laeffizy:
Thank you
Hello,Did you get any news from the officials in Lagos yet?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tifebabe123: 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2021
krumking:
I reached out to them via mail and got this

Good morning

Please note that the officials at the Mission in Lagos will reach out to you to provide a status update.

Veronica
VG Loving
Regional Coordinator: FOC
Dept of Home Affairs: Immigration Services
Tel no: +27124064058

Hello, Did you get any news from the officials in Lagos yet?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by bivoprad(f): 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2021
please, I need an active email address I can use to contact the embassy in Lagos. Somebody should help me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Mercydecy: 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2021
oridon43:
How did you receive your passport back, is it not same address in Nigeria that DHL drop your passport?

(quote author=Mercydecy post=99047468]
address here in Nigeria?
they said my application can only be considered after 6months
yes, and that is why i’m confused
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 11:05pm On Feb 15, 2021
you can use same account since it use for the business
Yhamo:
Good day guys,
it is advisabe to use personal account or business account statements when one is applying for a visitors visa as a self employed applicant.?
The person has been using her personal account to run the business all this while.... does she have to go and open a business account for this purpose?

Your advice will be highy appreciated....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by egoriboy: 11:31pm On Feb 15, 2021
I got married to a south African lady, we did our court marriage here in nigeria, please what's the easiest visa I can use to move over with my lady, that won't take much time like spousal visa?
And what are the requirements and duration for spousal visa just incase, so many misinformation given to us.
Thank you.
Waiting for your replies.
God bless
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Evidenx(m): 11:35am On Feb 16, 2021
egoriboy post=
:

I got married to a south African lady, we did our court marriage here in nigeria, please what's the easiest visa I can use to move over with my lady, that won't take much time like spousal visa?
And what are the requirements and duration for spousal visa just incase, so many misinformation given to us.
Thank you.
Waiting for your replies.
God bless
What is a Spousal Visa?
A spousal visa is application to join a South African Citizen or permanent residence holder in South Africa on a temporary visa, normally for 2 or 3 years.

The South African Spousal Visa requirements
Your spouse needs to be either a South African citizen or permanent resident.
To obtain Permanent residency you will need to apply for a South African Spousal Permit and this requires you to have been married for a period of 5 years or more to qualify.
Applications for a temporary spousal visa do not have any minimum period that you need to have been married for.
Proof required within a South African spousal visa application includes:
A marriage certificate.
Proof of your South African spouses citizenship or residence.
A letter of support from your South African spouse.
Proof of good health and standing.
A completed temporary residency application form.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.