Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (70) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1731002 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
kulex2k1:

Bros same goes for me o, I av been waiting 3weeks now, until I decided to call d SHCM and voila my visa has since been processed by was just lying around... Smh I was told to go pick it up by 3pm today it wud av been delivered to vfs. I hope dem gimme d visa sha. Lol
Please, after submitting an application for study permit, do you wait until you hear from Lagos office or you keep check at the office? Would there be any e-mail or SMS regarding your application process stage? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adewumigloria(f): 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
@tosol you don't wait to hear from them cos you'll never hear from them. I guess you were given a time to check bck. Like in my own case, I was told to come back in a month's time. I submitted on the 5th of this month at their abuja office.
You'll just need to be patient.
Cheers.

tosol:
Please, after submitting an application for study permit, do you wait until you hear from Lagos office or you keep check at the office? Would there be any e-mail or SMS regarding your application process stage? Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iyiolami: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
@ TOSOL,Go for your study permit after 6 working days of submission.I submitted my application 14th Nov and i collected it 22nd Nov.At Lagos office,the lady in charge of submission would tell you to come back the next 6days.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
iyiolami: @ TOSOL,Go for your study permit after 6 working days of submission.I submitted my application 14th Nov and i collected it 22nd Nov.At Lagos office,the lady in charge of submission would tell you to come back the next 6days.

Yours is a good case. Not everyone will be that lucky. 6 days is a really quick one for study permit. In some cases, it may take up to 6 weeks. We should all hope for the best but then, don't say @iyiolami got his own in 6 days, so should I. If yours does not come out in 6 days, things are still in order.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
adewumigloria: @tosol you don't wait to hear from them cos you'll never hear from them. I guess you were given a time to check bck. Like in my own case, I was told to come back in a month's time. I submitted on the 5th of this month at their abuja office.
You'll just need to be patient.
Cheers.

@Adewumigloria, thanks so much.May the Almighty God grant your heart desires,amen!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
iyiolami: @ TOSOL,Go for your study permit after 6 working days of submission.I submitted my application 14th Nov and i collected it 22nd Nov.At Lagos office,the lady in charge of submission would tell you to come back the next 6days.
@iyiolami,thank u so much.Wishing u all the best!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phone: 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
TYPOP:

Regarding the passport, I think you made the right decision.

As to the second question, I think adewumigloria answered it in here post quoted below.

PLS,HW MUCH DOES THE POLICE REPORT COST U AND HW LONG DOES IT TAKE. TNX
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 29, 2013
phone:

People enter there on visiting and do their study permit right? Is this achievable.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 29, 2013
TYPOP:

Yours is a good case. Not everyone will be that lucky. 6 days is a really quick one for study permit. In some cases, it may take up to 6 weeks. We should all hope for the best but then, don't say @iyiolami got his own in 6 days, so should I. If yours does not come out in 6 days, things are still in order.

But people go there on visititng and apply for study permit and get it right? Is this possible?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:01am On Nov 29, 2013
phone:

PLS,HW MUCH DOES THE POLICE REPORT COST U AND HW LONG DOES IT TAKE. TNX

This question has been answered several times on this thread. Check here. https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/62#18965969

How long - normally less than 1 hour.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:02am On Nov 29, 2013
september14:

But people go there on visititng and apply for study permit and get it right? Is this possible?

@collinsfbi, kindly help.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by adewumigloria(f): 9:17am On Nov 29, 2013
Really? That's very fast o. I guess the abuja office is different. I was asked to check bck in a month's time. I even even called yesterday and they said I should call back in 2 weeks time. But that's not fair. I'm supposed to have resumed september but they kept delaying.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kingmayor(m): 9:37am On Nov 29, 2013
september14:

Yes, anyone who is on visiting visa can apply for study permit here once you get admitted
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by herigift: 7:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
HELLO,
pls can a police clearance gotten in september still be used in December for study permit. spouse got her police clearance in september and will be applying for study permit this december, but i heard police clearance is 3 months, december will make it 4 months. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phone: 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
pls house,, i want enlightment on hw i'll go abt bookin for my return nd onward ticket without makin a firm bookin
medical report. tnx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phone: 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
TYPOP:

This question has been answered several times on this thread. Check here. https://www.nairaland.com/944102/general-south-africa-visa-enquiries/62#18965969

How long - normally less than 1 hour.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phone: 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
phone: pls house,, i want enlightment on hw i'll go abt bookin for my return nd onward ticket without makin a firm bookin
medical report. tnx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 8:28am On Nov 30, 2013
Hello Please, I wish to know if the bank statement a relative of thesame surname gave me is strong enough to present for study permit without additional letter to indicate his readiness to sponsor. Pls, can I go ahead with jst his bank statement with no additional letter?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 30, 2013
kingmayor:

Yes, anyone who is on visiting visa can apply for study permit here once you get admitted

This issue is my DOB. I tried changing my DOB at the immigration it has taken so long, can I attach an affidavit and my birth certificate to clarify the mistake?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
herigift: HELLO,
pls can a police clearance gotten in september still be used in December for study permit. spouse got her police clearance in september and will be applying for study permit this december, but i heard police clearance is 3 months, december will make it 4 months. thanks

I would think you can still use it. Now, that's my opinion, no document nor evidence to support my claim.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
phone: pls house,, i want enlightment on hw i'll go abt bookin for my return nd onward ticket without makin a firm bookin
medical report. tnx

Your question is not clear. I will attempt to answer as I understand. Please be a bit clearer next time. I assume you ask two questions, 1 about airline reservation and 2 about medical report.

1. Go to Arik website, choose your return ticket date, proceed to confirm the dates, input your details and then when you get to the page on payment, choose "book on hold". It will give you a reference number and a few hours to go and pay. This is what you print and take to the embassy. You don't need to pay for it.

2. Medical report. You need to have gotten the form from the embassy. Take this to a GOVERNMENT hospital and let a doctor fill it in for you. Note that it must be stamped.

Cheers and all the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
tosol: Hello Please, I wish to know if the bank statement a relative of thesame surname gave me is strong enough to present for study permit without additional letter to indicate his readiness to sponsor. Pls, can I go ahead with jst his bank statement with no additional letter?

You need both a letter from him indicating he will sponsor you and a photocopy of his ID card. His bank statement with the same surname only won't do the job.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2013
TYPOP:

You need both a letter from him indicating he will sponsor you and a photocopy of his ID card. His bank statement with the same surname won't do the job.

Cheers and all the best.
@Typop,thks so much for being there.
I wonder why other qiuestns I asked as regards part time job in SA for a study permit holder jst vanised. I'm a new member, is it that it is nt allowed to ask such questns here?Thks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
tosol:
I wonder why other qiuestns I asked as regards part time job in SA for a study permit holder jst vanised. I'm a new member, is it that it is nt allowed to ask such questns here?Thks
Don't leave naija with the mind set of working here because you will be disappointed.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
phone:

People enter there on visiting and do their study permit right? Is this achievable.

september14:

Very possible but if you are doing that, make sure all your docs are in order before leaving naija and pay your repatriation fee of 110k in naija else you will be liable to pay 7k rand (140k) in SA. But if you will take my advice, i will tell you to get it in naija to avoid additional payment such as paying immigration lawyer to secure such for you most especially if you have incomplete docs.

Gbamm over n out
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
collinsfbi:

Very possible but if you are doing that, make sure all your docs are in order before leaving naija and pay your repatriation fee of 110k in naija else you will be liable to pay 7k rand (140k) in SA. But if you will take my advice, i will tell you to get it in naija to avoid additional payment such as paying immigration lawyer to secure such for you most especially if you have incomplete docs.

Gbamm over n out

How long does this process take in S.A to get a study permit.. Besides my DOB on my passport is not accurate, so I attached my birth certificate and an affidavit.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
collinsfbi:

Gbamm over n out

How long does this process take?

Secondly my passport dob is un accurate, but I attached an affidavit and my original birth certificate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2013
tosol:

Welcome to the forum. You can ask any questions you want to ask. Only try and read previous posts to avoid repetitions. I didn't answer the question because I had no answers to the question, not because it couldn't be asked.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
Hi Op,

I wish to know how profitable teaching is in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayoaces: 1:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
Hi everyone, please is a second time traveler required to pay repatriation fees?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
ayoaces: Hi everyone, please is a second time traveler required to pay repatriation fees?

How do you mean? Is it like you are just going to apply for Visa? If yes, did you collect your initial repatriation fees after you came back the first time? If also yes, you may/may not have to pay the repatriation fees. It will depend on the prerogative of the consular officer that attends to you. But prepare to pay.

If by second time traveller you mean you've not exhausted the visa you had in the first place, then, since you are not going to the embassy for Visa, you don't need to pay the fee.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phone: 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
TYPOP:

Your question is not clear. I will attempt to answer as I understand. Please be a bit clearer next time. I assume you ask two questions, 1 about airline reservation and 2 about medical report.

1. Go to Arik website, choose your return ticket date, proceed to confirm the dates, input your details and then when you get to the page on payment, choose "book on hold". It will give you a reference number and a few hours to go and pay. This is what you print and take to the embassy.

2. Medical report. You need to have gotten the form from the embassy. Take this to a GOVERNMENT hospital and let a doctor fill it in for you. Note that it must be stamped.

Cheers and all the best.

Tnx so much for answering my question intelligently. But i still want to ask, d person dt sent me d invitation said i may nt include medical report. hw true is dis?,thnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.