Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1731285 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by GHJOE: 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hi guys,thanks for creating time to adive pple.. what's d implication of a red stamp on a passport? is it tru dat one will have to get a new passport B4 applying for anoda visa. if there is solution pls let me knw. thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
what were da reasons for ur refusal on both occassion?
tupengo: Hi admin,how can I get South African visa between this December and January cause have been denied twice this year and I need a genuine one
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
tupengo: Hi admin,how can I get South African visa between this December and January cause have been denied twice this year and I need a genuine one
@ tupengo did u see any red stamp on your international passport? And what is their response?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
@ my number is 08086985782. Just call me i wil tel u d step u need to make before process and am 100% sure u wil get it. Am not agent oo and i wil not collect dime from u. jamescyril:

Pls, am about applying for a SA visit visa for 3months multiple SA visa or a year. This м̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ first time and I need someone who can help me in the visa processing. I need a contact..a genue one and payment made after visa is out..pls smebody help. Thanks and Godbless Ɣ☺u..
@ jamescryl
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
How should you save cost as per hotels?
It depends on the city you are going to. You can save costs by getting dormitories (usually backpackers) and booking for one of their beds. Some in Cape Town are as cheap as R150. There are 8 beds in the dormitory. You may need to search well to find them though.

Cheers and all the best.

What are the dormitories like?
Are they habitable?
On telephone number at destination for book on hold what should i write?
Kindly provide a URL where i can formally book a room in the dormitories.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
@namqul

You will serve a ban next time you drop your contact detail here
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by namqul(m): 5:05pm On Dec 11, 2013
justwise: @namqul

You will serve a ban next time you drop your contact detail here
@ justwise sorry am just trying to help my fellow broda here. Am sorry doo
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:31pm On Dec 11, 2013
namqul: @ justwise sorry am just trying to help my fellow broda here. Am sorry doo
why not render that help openly here like everybody is doing? Why dropping number for private conversation?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by GidiPedia(m): 8:20pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hello Everyone ...especially @TYTOP (thanks a lot for your inputs here)

Please I will like to ask current students (Graduate and Postgraduate) about your current study and living experience in South Africa now?

Also anyone Schooling in Cape town here?

@TYTOP : R16k for your next session? What school and programme are you in?

I will be very grateful for your responses.

Thanks all!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2013
ijapa888:

What are the dormitories like?
Are they habitable?
On telephone number at destination for book on hold what should i write?
Kindly provide a URL where i can formally book a room in the dormitories.

They are habitable. A friend (a medical doctor) stays in one of such at the moment for a conference just ended. No complaints.

The telephone number is not a compulsory field. You can leave it blank.

Like I said, the dormitories depend on the city you are going to. Imagine you said you are going to Johannesburg and you make a reservation for a dormitory in Cape Town? Sounds somehow, right?

If you are going to Cape Town, you may pay for a single night with Ashanti guest house and pay for the other nights after arrival and at your convenience. Find the link here: http://ashanti.co.za/accommodation/lodge/

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2013
GidiPedia: Hello Everyone ...especially @TYTOP (thanks a lot for your inputs here)

Please I will like to ask current students (Graduate and Postgraduate) about your current study and living experience in South Africa now?

Also anyone Schooling in Cape town here?

@TYTOP : R16k for your next session? What school and programme are you in?

I will be very grateful for your responses.

Thanks all!

I'm doing my masters, full research in Johannesburg (not Cape Town). Postgraduate here is not as expensive as we can imagine. It's affordable.

Trust me, education here is better than back home. You can't compare both. You have access to all the resources you need. You will be amazed at the length the authorities will go to ensure you have all you need for your work. SA and Naija are worlds apart in terms of quality of education. Whether their citizens realize this is another discussion for another day.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seyetee: 9:39am On Dec 12, 2013
Good morning Good people, I am glad to be here on this forum on recommendation of a friend that I will surely get the appropriate information. I work in south africa and a resident holder. my question here is this:, my brother is to come and visit me in south africa from Nigeria along with his wife so as to enable him attend to his ailing medical needs during his visit here. He is a federal worker and since been in the employment for over 10 years.. 1) what exact documents am I to support him and his wife with to assist their application? 2)must they apply together in same package or individually? 3)should I write the letter of invitation individually or write only one letter inviting the two of them? 4) the wife is a business woman but the trip is going to be sponsored by the husband , does she need to include her statement of account as well even though the husband would be the sponsor...or should I claim being their sponsor? please just give me the perfect advice so as to plan accurately for their papers toward ensuring their visas. Thank you very much
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by GidiPedia(m): 12:27pm On Dec 12, 2013
Thank @TYTOP for your continious quick response and the info shared.

Please what about your living experiences so far?

I just followed you here on Nairaland, Can you please follow-me back
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Ctemi(f): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
@justwise, pls can I secure job in SA? wat d salary range of worker there?hw much is salary of a sales girl/waitress
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 12, 2013
(1) How does book on hold work?
(2) If my book on hold for an air ticket to South Africa is cancelled within 24 hours of obtaining it and before payment is made
(3) Can it still serve as a valid document for a visiting visa application?
(4) Can I combine the statement account of two different banks for submission?
(5) Must a certain amount be left in my bank account for verification purpose and as a guarantee that i'll return home to it or the payslip that shows that I earn a living in Nigeria covers for that already?
(6) Do I need a police report for a visiting visa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by toyhandsome(m): 2:05am On Dec 13, 2013
guys thanks. Glory to God. . I just got ma study permit. . and had no Saqua or saqa abi watever. . i just arranged for an exemption letter finish. . the lagos people are not friendly atall. although I got mine there in a week sha. . There is a particular Nigerian lady in dat place. . she is fair in complexion. . nawa for dat lady o. .o. .she just want everyone to keep comin back. . but i feel if u follow the rukes here ul get it fast. .thanks guys
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by toyhandsome(m): 2:08am On Dec 13, 2013
please is anyone at Stellenbosch here. . anyone pls. . i need accomodation oh. . and me no fit afford all dem big money for there o. .abeg. . that is affordable. .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:56am On Dec 13, 2013
seyetee: Good morning Good people, I am glad to be here on this forum on recommendation of a friend that I will surely get the appropriate information. I work in south africa and a resident holder. my question here is this:, my brother is to come and visit me in south africa from Nigeria along with his wife so as to enable him attend to his ailing medical needs during his visit here. He is a federal worker and since been in the employment for over 10 years.. 1) what exact documents am I to support him and his wife with to assist their application? 2)must they apply together in same package or individually? 3)should I write the letter of invitation individually or write only one letter inviting the two of them? 4) the wife is a business woman but the trip is going to be sponsored by the husband , does she need to include her statement of account as well even though the husband would be the sponsor...or should I claim being their sponsor? please just give me the perfect advice so as to plan accurately for their papers toward ensuring their visas. Thank you very much

Hmmmm, I suggest you just invite them to come visit you as a family. Invite both husband and wife in your letter of invitation. Indicate that they will stay with you in your house therefore, they don't need to book accomodation in any hotel. DO NOT state anything about the health situation. Visa processing for health status is VERY different. He should get a leave in the office and attach the letter to his documentation. Let his director/boss also write a letter to indicate this. One letter of invitation is ok for both (it is Mr & Mrs). If the money in the husband's account can cater for both, they don't need two account statements. However, they need to present their marriage certificate as well. Otherwise, they can combine statements of account. It will be good if you can certify the letter before you scan to them. Also include a scanned copy of your PR on a separate page.

Read a few previous posts for other documentations you need for a visiting visa.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:58am On Dec 13, 2013
GidiPedia: Thank @TYTOP for your continious quick response and the info shared.

Please what about your living experiences so far?

I just followed you here on Nairaland, Can you please follow-me back

Unfortunately, I don't know how the follow thing works.

If you are in for Masters, pray you have a good supervisor. He/she may pass some coins to you. That's what I live on. Depending on your grade in final year, you may also qualify for some scholarships. I've gotten some since I got here. It's little in amount but better than back home where you pay and get nothing.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:03am On Dec 13, 2013
ijapa888: (1) How does book on hold work?
(2) If my book on hold for an air ticket to South Africa is cancelled within 24 hours of obtaining it and before payment is made
(3) Can it still serve as a valid document for a visiting visa application?
(4) Can I combine the statement account of two different banks for submission?
(5) Must a certain amount be left in my bank account for verification purpose and as a guarantee that i'll return home to it or the payslip that shows that I earn a living in Nigeria covers for that already?
(6) Do I need a police report for a visiting visa?

1. I assume you've been to the website of the airline already. I explained how book on hold works earlier. Please search through my posts. You will see it though it may take some time.
2 & 3. Yes, it will be cancelled. Don't worry about it. Just use it like that. That's all the embassy need. I still wonder why they do that thing.
4. Yes you can combine more than one account. If both are yours, fine. If one is not yours, let the owner write a letter that he/she wants to sponsor your trip and make a photocopy of the person's ID card.
5. The amount should be there when making your application. After that, still keep some amount. Though not the same amount as at when you got the statement. The embassy calls the bank to verify some of the time.
6. NO, you do not.

Cheers and all the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:06am On Dec 13, 2013
toyhandsome: guys thanks. Glory to God. . I just got ma study permit. . and had no Saqua or saqa abi watever. . i just arranged for an exemption letter finish. . the lagos people are not friendly atall. although I got mine there in a week sha. . There is a particular Nigerian lady in dat place. . she is fair in complexion. . nawa for dat lady o. .o. .she just want everyone to keep comin back. . but i feel if u follow the rukes here ul get it fast. .thanks guys

Congrats man. I've heard someone else complain about the woman. The person had to go there 5 times for yellow card. It's now time to help others. Let's do this together. Show people what you've learnt. The questions we can't answer, we'll leave for others. Internet will be available once you arrive here. I look forward to your answers man.

toyhandsome: please is anyone at Stellenbosch here. . anyone pls. . i need accomodation oh. . and me no fit afford all dem big money for there o. .abeg. . that is affordable. .

LOL. I know what you mean.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:25am On Dec 13, 2013
Ok guys. Now I have to include a signature for myself. Don't be mad if you see the following at the end of all my posts. Some questions don't need to be repeated. That's why I'm using this signature.

Cheers guys.

| Visa costs | Application duration | Sponsor information | Repatriation fees | Certification | Airline's book-on-hold & medical report | Book-on-hold |

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2013
Admin, please help me. I need to use those links as my signature but it's not accepting all of them. How can I go about this? Is there a limit to the number of characters? Here is the signature I want:

| Visa costs | Application duration | Sponsor information | Repatriation fees | Certification | Airline's book-on-hold & medical report | Book-on-hold |

Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by phone: 11:29am On Dec 13, 2013
TYPOP:

My school fees for next year is 16k rands. But that is not all it costs me to study here. Costs a lot more especially accomodation and medical aid.

Cheers.

Tnx for ur reply, do u get some work to do as u study,hw easy is dt?
2. Hw easy is it to get sponsor in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seyetee: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2013
thank you very much typop, i get your message. is scanned documents acceptable at the embassy or I should send to them by post? also is JUST invitation letter and just the P.R enough? do I not need send passport page , my work I.D card and bills? I wanna ensure it goes smooth with their application. and also do they submit in just one package?,
TYPOP:

Hmmmm, I suggest you just invite them to come visit you as a family. Invite both husband and wife in your letter of invitation. Indicate that they will stay with you in your house therefore, they don't need to book accomodation in any hotel. DO NOT state anything about the health situation. Visa processing for health status is VERY different. He should get a leave in the office and attach the letter to his documentation. Let his director/boss also write a letter to indicate this. One letter of invitation is ok for both (it is Mr & Mrs). If the money in the husband's account can cater for both, they don't need two account statements. However, they need to present their marriage certificate as well. Otherwise, they can combine statements of account. It will be good if you can certify the letter before you scan to them. Also include a scanned copy of your PR on a separate page.

Read a few previous posts for other documentations you need for a visiting visa.

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seyetee: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2013
thank you very much typop, i get your message. is scanned documents acceptable at the embassy or I should send to them by post? also is JUST invitation letter and just the P.R enough? do I not need send passport page , my work I.D card and bills? I wanna ensure it goes smooth with their application. and also do they submit in just one package?,
TYPOP:

Cheers and all the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by collinsfbi(m): 1:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
TYPOP:

They call to get clarifications. A friend just got her visa but was called before then to get a proper yellow card. She had to go back and forth for 5 days until a proper yellow card was gotten.

Since that is the stated reason, I THINK you can apply again and write a letter of motivation stating what happened in the first instance. If the information you got about the reason is via e-mail or printed, attach it as proof of your claim. Get all documentations right, then re-apply. Now, that's what I THINK. It may not be the only way to go about it.

@Collinsfbi, what do you think?

Carry on!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by herigift: 10:20am On Dec 14, 2013
toyhandsome: guys thanks. Glory to God. . I just got ma study permit. . and had no Saqua or saqa abi watever. . i just arranged for an exemption letter finish. . the lagos people are not friendly atall. although I got mine there in a week sha. . There is a particular Nigerian lady in dat place. . she is fair in complexion. . nawa for dat lady o. .o. .she just want everyone to keep comin back. . but i feel if u follow the rukes here ul get it fast. .thanks guys
congrats. please can you help out with the following;

1. what days and time are for submission of application at the lagos office
2. what are all the documents you submitted for the study permit at the lagos office because i was told the documents submitted at abuja is different from that off lagos, so please can u list all the documents u submitted at lagos for your permit.

thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tosol: 2:06pm On Dec 14, 2013
Pls,friends I need ur advice. I personally contacted Momentum Clinic by sending e-mail for the cost of medical aid for 12months.I was given the estimate of R4188. A well known person to me in south africa said he wud assist wit the payment and demanded I pay 82k naira in his nigeria acct. When I converted I felt it ought not to have bin more dan 70k.
Pls, would you advise me to make subsequent transactions thru this same person?I wud appreciate your response.Thks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seyetee: 9:59pm On Dec 14, 2013
@typop,am still awaiting ur reply if scanned documents are accepted at the embassy. And secondly, u adviced I only need to write JUST one invitation letter to invite both my broda & his wife..(e.g titled 'Invitation letter for Mr & Mrs Abiodun Oyekanmi'?) then how should they write their self introduction letter since they r submittin 2geda? Should it be individually or written as one?because my bro is working while the wife is a biz owner. I'm aware she'l nid to present her biz c.a.c am just curious how they should go abt it. Pls advice Typop,chelseabm,collinsbi etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.