Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,664 members, 7,955,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1826250 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (935) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ensamy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2021
KazikageSama:

You send to the provided email address.
Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EHI9ICE(m): 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
tannystacey:

Co asking. Please anyone who has traveled from SA to naija via Kenya airways or other airline recently shud kindly share their experience.

500k how cry

Hello Bro. How was your experience at the airport, were you still requested to pay the 500k upon arrival?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pathadey1: 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2021
Hello Nairalanders, I have a sister that wants to apply into South African University. I checked online and I found out about getting a foreign exemption (matric exemption) for her since she has an advanced level certification. Has anyone done this successfully, is this process better than saqa. Also her NECO result is better than waec result, do you think she stand a chance if she use the Neco
Kindly advise, thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by cucumbar: 4:33pm On Aug 12, 2021
Blurpy:
Yes but be prepared for a long wait except you have connections. If I were you, I would chill in Kenya or Zanzibar.
okay, thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2021
EHI9ICE:

Hello Bro. How was your experience at the airport, were you still requested to pay the 500k upon arrival?

Cancelled my travel plans. I cant deal with stress at that lag airport. Cant risk them seizing my passport and having to beg for it. I know They cant sustain this their greed for long. its easier for them now because very few people are even travelling from SA to NG so they can harass people well.

I also heard that fully vaccinated people are exempted from the compulsory quarantine rules, so will only be going once I am fully vaccinated later in the year.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EHI9ICE(m): 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2021
tannystacey:

Cancelled my travel plans. I cant deal with stress at that lag airport. Cant risk them seizing my passport and having to beg for it. I know They cant sustain this their greed for long. its easier for them now because very few people are even travelling from SA to NG so they can harass people well.

I also heard that fully vaccinated people are exempted from the compulsory quarantine rules, so will only be going once I am fully vaccinated later in the year.

Thanks for the update Bros smiley. Let me start preparing for the stress, las las I shall overcome smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Imnaknus: 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
Hello house.
I need help paying my SAQA evaluation fee. The monthly limit is restricting me. Hellppp, please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hotice1954: 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2021
Imnaknus:
Hello house.
I need help paying my SAQA evaluation fee. The monthly limit is restricting me. Hellppp, please

I think a dollar card might help you. You can get one on barter by flutter wave.
You are welcome wink
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Imnaknus: 12:01am On Aug 13, 2021
hotice1954:

I think a dollar card might help you. You can get one on barter by flutter wave.
You are welcome wink

Thank you! I just checked it out. Cool stuff, but the conversion rate is quite high.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 13, 2021
Please anyone be issued visa recently cause we not heard about that for a while?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 8:20am On Aug 13, 2021
EHI9ICE:

Thanks for the update Bros smiley. Let me start preparing for the stress, las las I shall overcome smiley

All the best. Please do come back to share your experiences after you have arrived. It will really help many others especially as we draw close to the end of the year and more people want to travel.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EHI9ICE(m): 8:35am On Aug 13, 2021
tannystacey:

All the best. Please do come back to share your experiences after you have arrived. It will really help many others especially as we draw close to the end of the year and more people want to travel.

I will surely do that, Bro.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ashaju33: 5:08pm On Aug 13, 2021
Nikky1759:
Please anyone be issued visa recently cause we not heard about that for a while?
I got my passport today and was denied after waiting for two months on the ground that my statement of account lacks credibility.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DrOA: 5:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
ashaju33:
I got my passport today and was denied after waiting for two months on the ground that my statement of account lacks credibility.
With how much? If we may know
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ashaju33: 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
DrOA:

With how much? If we may know
I had 3m in my account with cash flow of about 10m within the space of three months. However, I had some deposits within this period that are more than my salary. I have two other accounts that I could have used but I thought 3m balance is ok for the application.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopcious: 9:26pm On Aug 13, 2021
ashaju33:
I had 3m in my account with cash flow of about 10m within the space of three months. However, I had some deposits within this period that are more than my salary. I have two other accounts that I could have used but I thought 3m balance is ok for the application.

Sorry about the outcome of your application. Did you give clarity on the inflow and outflow of cash from the account in writing alongside your application? Also, what type of visa did you apply for?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JoycePPR: 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
ashaju33:

Those guy are so mean and there shakara too much, I submitted 5m SOA with good cash inflow and outflow, they still denied my application,
Honestly, there reason for visa refusal is always baseless.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2021
JoycePPR:

Those guy are so mean and there shakara too much, I submitted 5m SOA with good cash inflow and outflow, they still denied my application,
Honestly, there reason for visa refusal is always baseless.
This is the reason I didn't apply for south africa visa.. how can a visa application especially an african country takes 2 or 3 months to receive the outcome , this is bad.. even UK only takes 3 weeks after all they will refuse visa on a baseless ground infact I see south africa as wasting of effort
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Don1985: 10:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
ashaju33:
This is the reason I didn't apply for south africa visa.. how can a visa application especially an african country takes 2 or 3 months to receive the outcome , this is bad.. even UK only takes 3 weeks after all they will refuse visa on a baseless ground infact I see south africa as wasting of effort
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tannystacey: 7:16am On Aug 14, 2021
justt:
She is yet to get her passport back because the result is to be submitted after 7 days of isolation.

After much argument, they were all allowed to go for isolation in their respective states.

Hi there. Just wanted to ask if she has been able to get her passport back? How long did it take?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Blurpy: 7:32am On Aug 14, 2021
The time wasting and baseless denials are tactics, SA doesn't want Nigerians in their country, I've said it here earlier.
stop applying for visit visa especially without travel history!
Well, you can still be trying sha, if you get spare 50k.
There are better countries to enjoy your vacation in or better countries to go hustle in.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by JoycePPR: 7:49am On Aug 14, 2021
Don1985:

Exactly, they don’t bother scrutinize Docs submitted again to see if you are eligible for the visa even if your Docs are perfectly ok and you have a strong Home ties you won’t still get the visa. SA visiting visa is just like wasting effort.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by HermajestyQ(f): 8:49am On Aug 14, 2021
[quote author=ashaju33 post=104754703]I had 3m in my account with cash flow of about 10m within the space of three months. However, I had some deposits within this period that are more than my salary. I have two other accounts that I could have used but I thought 3m balance is ok for the application.[/quote
The denial is not really about your bank balance/ cash inflow or outflow. I think it's just luck. I applied in April with 96k balance and was given multiple entry visa. Just God and luck!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopcious: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2021
HermajestyQ:
The denial is not really about your bank balance/ cash inflow or outflow. I think it's just luck. I applied in April with 96k balance and was given multiple entry visa. Just God and luck!

If I remember vividly, yours was a study visa and you probably had a funding letter attached to your application. Yes, I agree that the God factor plays a major role in getting these approvals, also, the type of visa you are applying for, will determine if you will be rejected based on your account balance. This is because they don't want you to come into the country and become a liability to them and given the fact that they know people have a way of padding their account balance for travelling purposes to make it look as if they have the capacity to take care of themselves during the journey.

A visit visa shows you are intending to go into the country for a short period of time, not necessarily for anything tangible than to relax and given the present state of how Nigerians are emigrating and also how they get into foreign countries on short term visa only to start finding a way to beat the system and not want to leave when their visa elapses, the home affairs needed to take more precaution in how they approve visit visa to Nigerians. At that point, it is at the discretion of the officer evaluating your documents to "assume" your SOA is not genuine as you do not have a substantial explanation for the cash inflow and outflow.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by clemils1: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2021
Please anyone with idea on the cost of obtaining Ethiopian E-visa and how to go about it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ashaju33: 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2021
hopcious:

Sorry about the outcome of your application. Did you give clarity on the inflow and outflow of cash from the account in writing alongside your application? Also, what type of visa did you apply for?
It is a visiting visa. I applied for myself and also served as sponsor for my wife. I didn't write a clarity letter because part of the inflow is a bonus from my employer although more than my monthly salary as stated in the employer's letter of introduction.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hopcious: 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2021
ashaju33:
It is a visiting visa. I applied for myself and also served as sponsor for my wife. I didn't write a clarity letter because part of the inflow is a bonus from my employer although more than my monthly salary as stated in the employer's letter of introduction.

That could be a deciding factor. They usually want to know about any inflow that doesn't correlate with the monthly income. That gives them an idea of how you got the money in your account for the 3months period.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by shawnmich: 7:11am On Aug 16, 2021
Good day guru in the house, please I need your advise.
I have a bachelor degree in health sciences, I want to proceed with my master degree in Epidemiology, and as well interested in medicine, which is undergraduate as part of requirements, If you have a bachelor degree in health sciences or related field, you can apply to medicine and start in 3rd year.
My question is this, won't I have problem with embassy, for some country like U.S, they don't like going undergraduate when you have bachelor degree before instead apply for a master degree straight away but medicine is not like that, you either apply with your high school or bachelor degree, is there a chances of getting visa if I choose to enroll in as a medicine student (Undergraduate) or I should apply for my master degree in Epidemiology straight away and upon completion, I should now apply for a bachelor degree in medicine for I wish to study both after the other?
Also is there age limit for undergraduate apply in south Africa?
What is the likely amount that must be in statement of account for student visa?
Your response will be highly appreciated.
God bless you all.
Thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yhamo: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2021
Please what was the timeline for this?
[quote author=HermajestyQ post=104773914][/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EHI9ICE(m): 10:49am On Aug 16, 2021
tannystacey:

Update: Travelled in yesterday. My passport was seized as well. Hoping to get it back after 7 days as they ‘claim’
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2021
WOW really ? Cause u Came Back from South Africa this is so Abusive oo
EHI9ICE:

Update: Travelled in yesterday. My passport was seized as well. Hoping to get it back after 7 days as they ‘claim’
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by EHI9ICE(m): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
pufframmy:
WOW really ? Cause u Came Back from South Africa this is so Abusive oo

Yes oh

The thing tire person. I’m patiently waiting for the 7-days period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (935) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.