Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,271 members, 7,836,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1746084 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (917) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yinksman23: 9:43pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please i need suggestions about my study visa application. I submitted my application since march and I am yet to get any response. I contacted vfs some weeks ago and i got a response that my application is still being processed.
I just hope all is well.....
Thank you for your contributions.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iaskquestions: 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2022
iaskquestions:
I got rejected today cos of low funds in my account .. I want to reapply on Thursday again.. I want to know if i can start getting like 7 different folks to fund my account in bits up to 5mil.. and i apply again on Thursday this week.. is there any possibility that will i be considered since the only reason they rejected me was that i didn’t submit my bank statement as i was goin to be sponsored by a friend.
Please can gurus in the house help me out
I got this thursday to reapply

I have start funding my account.. by Thursday i will have 5mil in it. Any possibility of being considered and my visa approved?
applying for 2 weeks visitin visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
Yinksman23:
Hello everyone,

Please i need suggestions about my study visa application. I submitted my application since march and I am yet to get any response. I contacted vfs some weeks ago and i got a response that my application is still being processed.

Maybe yours was part of the application sent to DHA

Send your complaint to IMSqueries@dha.gov.za. Indicate your VFS application ref, location of embassy you submitted to, and date you applied etc .Keep following up until you get a feedback. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rachyekong: 11:25pm On Nov 29, 2022
I don't understand this people again. I even saw somewhere that VFS South Africa will close on 16 December till 9th January, 2023, yet some applications are not attended to. Mine is even a year study Visa and no outcome since 5th July.

Yinksman23:
Hello everyone,

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by totoakins(m): 10:37am On Nov 30, 2022
Tesclaros:
congrats my bro.. how many days/weeks/months did they give you?
One month

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by totoakins(m): 10:38am On Nov 30, 2022
Please how can one request for one's passport back from the embassy in Abuja? Do you just call them?
Their phone no doesn't seem to work
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
totoakins:
Please how can one request for one's passport back from the embassy in Abuja? Do you just call them?
Their phone no doesn't seem to work

What’s the purpose of requesting for your passport? If it’s because you want to withdraw your application, then visit this VFS page: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/zaf/news/withdrawal-of-application

If you do not intend to withdraw your application, you’ll have to wait for the embassy to finalize the processing of your application.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2022
Yinksman23:
Hello everyone,

Send your complaint to IMSqueries@dha.gov.za. Indicate your VFS application ref, location of embassy you submitted to, and date you applied etc .Keep following up until you get a feedback. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2022
Rachyekong:
I don't understand this people again. I even saw somewhere that VFS South Africa will close on 16 December till 9th January, 2023, yet some applications are not attended to. Mine is even a year study Visa and no outcome since 5th July.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yinksman23: 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
[quote author=Tryhard post=118784398]

Maybe yours was part of the application sent to DHA

Oh!
Thank you for this vital information. I will do as advised. It's really appreciated.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2022
Tryhard:

Hi Tryhard. Can you please not plagiarize my advice as if it's your advice? We are all trying to assist but, kindly respect the contributor's messages by referencing it or referring people to the thread. If we are going to help each other, we should please respect and recognise the source of information.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iaskquestions: 6:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
Maz8:

Hi Tryhard. Can you please not plagiarize my advice as if it's your advice? We are all trying to assist but, kindly respect the contributor's messages by referencing it or referring people to the thread. If we are going to help each other, we should please respect and recognise the source of information.
My bro pls you got any idea on my problem below?

I got rejected today cos of low funds in my account .. I want to reapply on Thursday again.. I want to know if i can start getting like 7 different folks to fund my account in bits up to 5mil.. and i apply again on Thursday this week.. is there any possibility that will i be considered since the only reason they rejected me was that i didn’t submit my bank statement as i was goin to be sponsored by a friend.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
Maz8:

hahahaha grin grin grin
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Swoxcode: 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2022
Tesclaros:

First of all you your info was going really well until i got disappointed where you said you got 1mil in your business account .. business account? Seriously?
And you got 800k in your personal account.. lmao
I had to laugh sir. Now lets do the math, you paid for hotel.. but can 800k pay for flight (return included)

Seriously?

Lets say you use 1 mil for flight alone

How many weeks will you spend in SA?

Okay lets assume 2 weeks
This means u will pay the hotel for the 2 weeks

If hotel charges 50k/day .. you will spend 700k in 2 weeks

And you will use 100k to feed yourself

What about miscellaneous?

Apart from that since the purpose of your denial was intended date elapse

It means you didnt use the new E-route all of us are using

I will advise you to have a better closing balance on your personal account

Avoid showing them your business account statements.. there are ways to bypass all that when u know what u are doing

U even went to prove that dad is late .. all for a visiting visa? Wow’!

I doubt it is a visiting visa.. apply using the VFS E-route with a good closing bal on ur personal account

Goodluck

I have already purchased the ticket.. the ticket i attached is real with the flight number and seat number and the trip is just for 7days. 8th to 15th November.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2022
Swoxcode:

I have already purchased the ticket.. the ticket i attached is real with the flight number and seat number and the trip is just for 7days. 8th to 15th November.
ok its obvious that reason for your refusal is because the date lapse as they Said.. use E-route when applying next
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 7:55pm On Nov 30, 2022
Maz8:

So sorry, I’m just trying to refer him to what you said. No vex

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by awollowo: 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
Good evening everyone
Please I need clarification on this.
I applied for Master degree at uj and after submitting all the required documents(including saqa certificate).l got this mail respond from them.
So please is there any step I can to savage the situation??

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dentale(m): 8:49pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hello everyone, first of al thanks to all the gurus who have been sharing experience with us here. Quick question please. Does one need travel insurance to apply for SA e-visa? If yes, please recommend companies/ contacts to get from. Thanks in anticipation of a response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 01, 2022
Dentale:
Hello everyone, first of al thanks to all the gurus who have been sharing experience with us here. Quick question please. Does one need travel insurance to apply for SA e-visa? If yes, please recommend companies/ contacts to get from. Thanks in anticipation of a response.

Travel insurance is not a requirement. The primary difference between e-visa and normal visa is the mode of application i.e online vs walk-in/physical. You are expected to rely on the documentation checklist downloadable on the VFS website just as you would have done if you were applying for the normal visa at VFS offices for short stay business or tourism only. Note that e-visa is only applicable if you're traveling for tourism or business purposes for not more than 90 days.

Once you have met the requirements of the documentation checklist, upload each relevant document on the e-visa site by following the e-visa site’s instructions. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 8:58am On Dec 01, 2022
awollowo:
Good evening everyone
Please I need clarification on this.
I applied for Master degree at uj and after submitting all the required documents(including saqa certificate).l got this mail respond them.
So please is there any step and I can to savage the situation??

Hi, The only thing now to apply to other schools that accept a NQF 7 for MSc in SA or better still you opt in for honors at UJ. One thing I know for sure is that UJ will never accept a NQF 7 for MSc. It is only a NQF 8. That means you did a 4 year degree program in Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by awollowo: 10:16am On Dec 01, 2022
Thanks for the feedback sir and what other schools can recommend please?
I would have love to explore UKZN but it seems Honours degree is a must in UKZN before Masters award
Tryhard:

Hi, The only thing now to apply to other schools that accept a NQF 7 for MSc in SA or better still you opt in for honors at UJ. One thing I know for sure is that UJ will never accept a NQF 7 for MSc. It is only a NQF 8. That means you did a 4 year degree program in Nigeria.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 11:43am On Dec 01, 2022
awollowo:
Thanks for the feedback sir and what other schools can recommend please?
I would have love to explore UKZN but it seems Honours degree is a must in UKZN before Masters award

Try Capetown & Stellenbosch those are the ones I know don’t require SAQA to admit. So far your undergrad degree results are excellent!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 11:48am On Dec 01, 2022
iaskquestions:
My bro pls you got any idea on my problem below?

If you are trying to use few days to build your account.. then 5mil is too much as you might raise an eyebrow.. I will advise you get like 3 business accounts send you the funds with a proper ref/des . 3mil should be cool (after paying your flight fee).. you can even deposit physical cash to your bank account and claim it is part of your savings at home. The country just want to be sure you will not be stranded when you are there. If your mind is strong, pay fully for a return flight n use the ticket to apply for the next visa at once, pay like 1-2 days hotel fee. This may tell them you mean business. Once your bank statement is considered, you will be approved except there are other reasons they will point out

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by funshow21: 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
For those working and working overseers... I am here to ease the academic stress !!

Need a 3rd hand for your assignments, Term paper , classwork and project proposals...

Please contact @o8143three1766nine.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by iaskquestions: 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tesclaros:
If you are trying to use few days to build your account.. then 5mil is too much as you might raise an eyebrow.. I will advise you get like 3 business accounts send you the funds with a proper ref/des . 3mil should be cool (after paying your flight fee).. you can even deposit physical cash to your bank account and claim it is part of your savings at home. The country just want to be sure you will not be stranded when you are there. If your mind is strong, pay fully for a return flight n use the ticket to apply for the next visa at once, pay like 1-2 days hotel fee. This may tell them you mean business. Once your bank statement is considered, you will be approved except there are other reasons they will point out
Really appreciate your response bro. I pray after risking all this it should work out for good..

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dentale(m): 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
Maz8:

Travel insurance is not a requirement. The primary difference between e-visa and normal visa is the mode of application i.e online vs walk-in/physical. You are expected to rely on the documentation checklist downloadable on the VFS website just as you would have done if you were applying for the normal visa at VFS offices for short stay business or tourism only. Note that e-visa is only applicable if you're traveling for tourism or business purposes for not more than 90 days.

Once you have met the requirements of the documentation checklist, upload each relevant document on the e-visa site by following the e-visa site’s instructions. Good luck.

Thank you so much smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Temtem22: 8:38am On Dec 02, 2022
laeffizy:
The visa delays are nerve wracking and depressing I must confess. I got my visa 2 weeks shy of losing my scholarship, and 4months post application.(happened last year).
I've come to see it is a general problem. Asides them tightening immigration laws, they are overwhelmed or rather inadequately prepared for the tons of applications. Maybe it is deliberate, I do not know. But it is not just targeted at Nigerians. My German colleague got a post doc renewal for one year. She submitted her application since January and hasn't heard from there. She is stuck, as she can't leave the country untill a renewal, so she hasn't seen her loved ones as she would have wanted, two years running . My Malagasy colleague on the other hand got his in 3 months (they both applied from South Africa as they had already landed the previous year and got contract extensions)

I advise anyone who wants to apply for a study visa in particular to do so at least 6months ahead. Even that isn't a guarantee.
Even if you go to the embassy (like I did in frustration), you may not gain access, and you will return home angry.
You may gain access and they'll still ask you to go and wait like I was told.

All the best guys�

Can I dm you pls? Perhaps a visit to the Embassy is my only option now.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 9:19am On Dec 02, 2022
URGENT PLEASE!!!!!

I'm urgently in need of someone to help me FastTrack my daughter's passport here in southAfrica. I will appreciate any help please its urgent
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tesclaros(m): 10:40am On Dec 02, 2022
Who can accept USDT TRC20 for US DOLLARS in cash?

I got upto $10k in usdt to sell
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2022
KINDLY HELP WITH THIS

Teefab:
URGENT PLEASE!!!!!

I'm urgently in need of someone to help me FastTrack my daughter's passport here in southAfrica. I will appreciate any help please its urgent
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by KazikageSama: 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2022
Teefab:
KINDLY HELP WITH THIS

Please don't open yourself up to exploitation. Sincerely, nobody can do that. Your best bet is to probably get someone based inSA to help you place regular calls to Home Affairs but even at that, nothing is guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Teefab: 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2022
Thanks....I actually meant someone here not anyone in Naija.....Moreso I have someone who does express PP collection but he wasn't available but now he is and its all sorted now.Regards
KazikageSama:

Please don't open yourself up to exploitation. Sincerely, nobody can do that. Your best bet is to probably get someone based inSA to help you place regular calls to Home Affairs but even at that, nothing is guaranteed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (790) (791) (792) (793) (794) (795) (796) ... (917) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.