Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1735806 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by henrychubayo: 6:34am On Jul 04, 2014
I wish to enquire about these. For those who have applied for visa to South Africa recently between june till date, have anyone done the Finger print and digital foto inside the VFS? Guess they started it in newly in VFS but not sure if Lagos and Abuja has started. Let me know if you have applied between this period.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 11:33am On Jul 04, 2014
clappers: hey guys!! anyone here who submitted a study permit application in June heard from the high commission yet?
I also applied for a Study permit. I submitted my application on the 4th of June and was told to come back after a month. I was at the commission on Monday but was told that they were still working on it. I hope to go back next week Monday. I will keep you posted.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Lstar4real(m): 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
TYPOP:

They are available. You will need to apply for the job and get it from Nigeria though to get a work permit. Or you come in with a visitor's visa, secure the job and then go back to naija to apply for the work permit. Meanwhile, to get the job without work permit is not that easy. You need favor.
Thanks how can I get visiting visa and necessary documents and which documents do I need and amount I will probably spend
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by clappers: 3:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Samtoog:
I also applied for a Study permit. I submitted my application on the 4th of June and was told to come back after a month. I was at the commission on Monday but was told that they were still working on it. I hope to go back next week Monday. I will keep you posted.
Thanks man. I submitted on the 10th. What week day is for collection. I pray they finish up next week
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2014
clappers:
Thanks man. I submitted on the 10th. What week day is for collection. I pray they finish up next week
collection is usually Monday-Wednesday afternoons. I called in today again but was told to call back next week. I pray they finish up next week too.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 4:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
chemashie: you don dey talk eish abi?
Yoh, Batum I just dey try nah.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by kazeem1086(m): 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
pls i need some1 2 guide me on hw 2 go about visitin visa 2 S.A
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sasazed: 1:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Innovation Masters and Doctoral Scholarships Call for 2015
1. Background
The Innovation Masters and Doctoral funding instruments are part of the Innovation Bursary Scheme (IBS) funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST). The scheme is managed by the National Research Foundation (NRF) through a contractual agreement with the DST. The IBS aims to broaden the frontiers of knowledge in innovation areas and to build the PhD pipeline for a knowledge-based economy. The DST has made funding available for the IBS in order to provide financial support to qualifying honours, Masters and doctoral students registered at public universities in 2015. This document outlines the objectives of the programme, the values of the scholarships and criteria for selection.
2. ObjectivesObjectives Objectives ObjectivesObjectivesObjectivesObjectives
The programme supports South African citizens and permanent residents registered on a full-time basis at public higher education institutions (HEIs).
The objectives of the Innovation programme are:
 To contribute towards the increase in the number and quality of South African postgraduate students within Science, Engineering and Technology (SET) fields of study at Masters and doctoral levels in South Africa
 To build a pipeline of the next generation of SET scientists and researchers in South Africa
3. Areas of Support
The Innovation programme supports students who wish to pursue their studies in the fields listed below:
 Biotechnology,
 Cellular and Molecular Biology,
 Engineering,
 Computer science,
 Physics,
 Astronomy,
 Mathematical Sciences,
 Nanotechnology,
 Chemistry,
 Earth Science,
 Ecology and
 Medical sciences.
Students studying Social Sciences and Humanities are also supported.
4. Value of the Scholarships
In 2015; the scholarship amounts will be as follows:
Masters’ awards will be allocated as a block grant to universities/institutions. Applications should be
submitted online at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za
In addition, Masters scholarship-holders may apply for a travel grant of up to R 10 000 which can
be used to attend local conferences, workshops, visit a laboratory, or any other activity that support
the beneficiaries’ current research progression. This amount is the maximum allowed during the
tenure of the scholarship.
Doctoral scholarship-holders may apply for a travel grant of up to R 15 000 (for local travel) and up
to R 50 000 (for international travel). These grants may be used to attend local conferences,
workshops, visits a laboratory, or any other activity that supports the beneficiaries’ current research
progression. This amount is the maximum allowed during the tenure of the scholarship.
Scholarship-holders who wish to access the travel grant must complete a travel grant application
form provided by their university postgraduate office/research office for consideration by the NRF.
5. Criteria for Selection
5.1. Eligibility
The eligibility criteria listed below applies:
Masters Scholarships R 80 000 p.a
Doctoral Scholarships R 110 000 p.a
 Scholarships are open to South African citizens, South African permanent residents as well as a percentage of non-South African citizens registered at a South African higher education institution (HEI).
 Scholarship-holders must not hold full-time salaried employment during the tenure of the award.
 The Scholarship-holder will be allowed to undertake a maximum of 12 hours of teaching, tutorials, assistance or demonstration duties per week on average during the year of study; they may be remunerated for these duties, provided that they are reimbursed at a rate not exceeding the normal institution tariff for services rendered.
5.2. Equity
In line with the national imperative of equity and redress, the programme prioritises support for appropriately qualified Blacks, women and students with disabilities without sacrificing quality. The programme will strive to meet the set equity targets of 80% Blacks, 55% women and 4% students with disabilities.
The awards will be allocated as follows:
 87% to South Africans (including permanent residents)
 5% to students from the Southern African Development Community (SADC)
 4% to students from the rest of Africa
 4% to students from non-African countries
5.3 Conditions of award for the Innovation Bursary Scheme
 The award of an IBS scholarship to a student will be based on past, current and potential academic performance. Selection criteria will include academic merit, research potential, leadership qualities and previous awards, various prizes and honours.
 In addition to the above criteria, the award of the IBS scholarship will be based on the feasibility and merit of the applicant’s research project proposal.
 Successful students who are offered the IBS scholarship by the NRF are required to complete and sign the IBS scholarship agreement which will be communicated at the time of the award.
 A list of successful candidates will be published on the NRF website as soon as the internal NRF approval processes for the award are finalised.
6. How to apply for funding
Applicants can apply by following the steps below:
 Applications must be submitted through an online application process to the National Research Foundation .
 Applicants can apply for the NRF- Innovation Masters and Doctoral Scholarship Call for 2015 by accessing the link: https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za/
 Register/ Login using your ID number and password.
 Select create new application from the list of existing calls.
 Select the call for which you are applying to: NRF- Innovation Masters and Doctoral Scholarship Call for 2015.
 Remember to complete all sections of the application.
 Please attach the necessary documents in one PDF file in the following order: ID document, proof of permanent residence (if applicable) and certified academic transcripts.
 Should you not follow the guidelines for attaching the necessary documents, your application will not be considered.
 Remember to submit your application on completion.
 Complete applications will go to the host university for verification before being forwarded to the NRF for further processing.
 Incomplete applications will not be considered.
 Applications that do not meet the eligibility criteria will not be considered (please refer to section 5.1 for details on eligibility for the NRF- Innovation Masters and Doctoral programme).
 Please contact the university postgraduate office or research office if you have any queries.
 The closing date for submitting applications is 15 August 2014.
 Please take note of your institutions internal closing dates as these may be set before the actual call closing date.
Contact persons:
Ms June-Rose Ngcobo: Professional Officer – Human and Infrastructure Capacity Development (HICD). Telephone: 012 481 4930. E-mail: june-rose.ngcobo@nrf.ac.za
Mrs Thashni Maistry-Pillay: Professional Officer – Grants Management and Systems Administration (GMSA) Telephone: 012 481 4241. E-mail: thashni.maistry@nrf.ac.za

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by clappers: 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Samtoog:
collection is usually Monday-Wednesday afternoons. I called in today again but was told to call back next week. I pray they finish up next week too.
hey man, how far with your people at d embassy
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by deolama: 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
Pls who knows of a good school to study geology , For a masters programme. Or can offer advice on it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nice one .I was about to post the NRF stuff. please guys apply for this grant /funding.thanks broda
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sasazed: 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
deolama: Pls who knows of a good school to study geology , For a masters programme. Or can offer advice on it

Check Wits University.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
All the schools in SA are very good .Do google search for your choice .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 8:27pm On Jul 07, 2014
samtol4: Nice one .I was about to post the NRF stuff. please guys apply for this grant /funding.thanks broda
One may not be considered if you apply for it on your own most especially when you are not from SA or SADC. The best bet is for your supervisor to do that on your behalf. That's what my supervisor does and give the funds to us in her lab. She attracts numerous funds and give them out to her students. I am a beneficiary of the funds and we must acknowledge DST/NRF in all our publications.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2014
@chemaasie (baba Rhodes) .abeg let more Naija people come your lab to follow share in dis goodwill offering of your supevisor .Abeg post the admission process here let more Nigerians come to your school .Hope your fees are friendly ?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 6:24am On Jul 08, 2014
deolama: Pls who knows of a good school to study geology , For a masters programme. Or can offer advice on it
sasazed:

Check Wits University.

Unless you have loads of money, consider other universities before WITS. They are damn expensive.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 7:09am On Jul 08, 2014
When someone is a denied a visa with the reason that the document lacks credibility.what does it mean..meanwhile d documents I submitted was that of my host in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2014
samtol4: @chemaasie (baba Rhodes) .abeg let more Naija people come your lab to follow share in dis goodwill offering of your supevisor .Abeg post the admission process here let more Nigerians come to your school .Hope your fees are friendly ?
Anybody can get the funds in any school in SA provided your supervisor is ready to put mouth in the application. My supervisor do this for us because of the number of students (about 34) in her lab working on different areas of chemistry. I can't recommend anyone to come here cos the research is intensive and my supervisor requires MSc students to have minimum of 2 published papers and PhD students at least 8 papers in international journals before you can graduate. Publishing one paper on synthesis of supramolecular compounds and their applications can be frustrating sometimes let alone 8 papers in 3 years. The moment you enter our lab your social life automatically becomes zero and your life revolves round the laboratory for the next 3 years. There are numerous funds for us and you also have the opportunity to travel out for 3 months on student exchange programs the same way people come here to carryout research in our lab and use our equipment. The only place I knew here is my house, my lab, checkers/pnp/PEP; That tel you how tight my schedule is in G town. Other supervisors in my dept don't even request for papers before you graduate.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Samtoog: 7:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
clappers:
hey man, how far with your people at d embassy
I called in today but was told it was not ready. All applications submitted last month has not been released. I tire for this people. They said I should check back next week again.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 10, 2014
Hello,guys please I help on schools in SA.can someone with a third class apply for a post graduate.I want to google schools in south africa.will be grateful if you can help,thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:50am On Jul 10, 2014
@lovelydamsel you can do postgraduate (honors).NO SCHOOL IN SA WILL ACCEPT THIRD CLASS for Master program
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2014
samtol4: @lovelydamsel you can do postgraduate (honors).NO SCHOOL IN SA WILL ACCEPT THIRD CLASS for Master program

Yes dear its a post graduate program 'm after.just wanted to be sure.thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jesusculture: 9:18am On Jul 10, 2014
@ lovelydamsel, most SA universities require a minimum of 60% aggregate for both Honours n Postgrad programs. Alternatively verify the admission requirements for your desired university on the website. Goodluck
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 12:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
lovelydamsel:

Yes dear its a post graduate program 'm after.just wanted to be sure.thank you
Jesusculture: @ lovelydamsel, most SA universities require a minimum of 60% aggregate for both Honours n Postgrad programs. Alternatively verify the admission requirements for your desired university on the website. Goodluck

What 60% means is a 3.0 CGPA after graduation (for universities using 5.0).
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
Admin, please this is an important INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS COMING TO UNIVERSITY OF JOHANNESBURG. It is not an advert nor spam.

A staff of the International office requests that you contact her regarding your application. The university is planning to contact the embassy and they are compiling the list of all those applying at this time. Please provide her with all you have done and any problems you are facing regarding the application. Please contact her on ssass@uj.ac.za.

Kindly inform those you know.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jaboza: 5:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hello ..All in the House. My friend was denied SA visit visa in Abuja IN May. Now he wants to applied for a study permit again this July.can he apply now.. more so he is planing to apply from the Lagos office.Want the past denial affect his application.. Please all in the house advice on this.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 9:42am On Jul 12, 2014
harlyon: When someone is a denied a visa with the reason that the document lacks credibility.what does it mean..meanwhile d documents I submitted was that of my host in SA.
harlyon: When someone is a denied a visa with the reason that the document lacks credibility.what does it mean..meanwhile d documents I submitted was that of my host in SA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2014

Its possible that the document you were given is forged or can not be verified.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:10am On Jul 12, 2014
jaboza: Hello ..All in the House. My friend was denied SA visit visa in Abuja IN May. Now he wants to applied for a study permit again this July.can he apply now.. more so he is planing to apply from the Lagos office.Want the past denial affect his application.. Please all in the house advice on this.

What was the reason(s) for the first refusal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.