Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1736503 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 12:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
justwise:

Its possible that the document you were given is forged or can not be verified.
. Okay. I intend applying again dis week with my documents.I want to ask if I can.I applied in may previously
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jaboza: 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
reason for refusal in May says Documents Lack credibility.........Please can he apply for Study permit now ...if yes can he apply at the abuja office or Lagos..your Advice please.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2014
harlyon: . Okay. I intend applying again dis week with my documents.I want to ask if I can.I applied in may previously

You really need to find out if the previous document given to you by your friend is forged, if its then the offense is on your record and may affect your next application
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2014
jaboza: reason for refusal in May says Documents Lack credibility.........Please can he apply for Study permit now ...if yes can he apply at the abuja office or Lagos..your Advice please.

What document was that? Bank statement, employment letter ....or what?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jaboza: 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
How do you mean what document was that...... the visiting visa has been denied since May....Am just asking can he apply for Study permit now or not.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
jaboza: reason for refusal in May says Documents Lack credibility.........Please can he apply for Study permit now ...if yes can he apply at the abuja office or Lagos..your Advice please.

jaboza: How do you mean what document was that...... the visiting visa has been denied since May....Am just asking can he apply for Study permit now or not.

You don't have to be rude, whether the visiting visa was denied in 2003 or last May the reason for the refusal may play a part in your next visa application no matter the type of visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jaboza: 3:00pm On Jul 12, 2014
Documents lack credibility is the reason for Denial....Documents provided were the Normal Documents needed for the Visiting Visa into the SA...So what am trying to know here is weather or not he can apply for Study permit now ...Am not been rude man ..just trying to know what exactly you saying.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
jaboza: Documents lack credibility is the reason for Denial....Documents provided were the Normal Documents needed for the Visiting Visa into the SA...So what am trying to know here is weather or not he can apply for Study permit now ...Am not been rude man ..just trying to know what exactly you saying.

Ok i see, that document got no name.

Good luck any way, other people here can help you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by jaboza: 3:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bank statement,paid hotel reservation,flight itinerary from SA,vacation letter from office,promotional letter from work,yellow card,..this are the documents..used for the first visiting visa....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by elume2020(m): 6:21pm On Jul 12, 2014
jaboza: Bank statement,paid hotel reservation,flight itinerary from SA,vacation letter from office,promotional letter from work,yellow card,..this are the documents..used for the first visiting visa....
if the embassy says the document lack credibility kindly check inward if anything was tampered with. You seems not to be clear with Justwise questions. If you present the same document again and that reason for first denial surfaces you can get a five ban. The new immigration regulations has been implemented so be clear about what you are doing
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 10:48pm On Jul 12, 2014
@jaboza Be specific so that people can help or guide you through .are u saying all documents submitted were found not credible or the bank statement?you need to be sure so that you don't use the same documents again this may lead to ban .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 11:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
justwise:

You really need to find out if the previous document given to you by your friend is forged, if its then the offense is on your record and may affect your next application
. I askd him and he said he did a little twist on the bank statement but what I can't understand is that myself and his elder brother used the same documents bt he was given the visa...bt the little paper that came with my passport when I went to collect it says DOCUMENT LACKS CREDIBILITY..ARRANGE IT AND APPLY AGAIN. I don't intend aapplyin in lagos again bt abuja..what do I do? Should I apply again or I should forget abt it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2014
harlyon: . I askd him and he said he did a little twist on the bank statement but what I can't understand is that myself and his elder brother used the same documents bt he was given the visa...bt the little paper that came with my passport when I went to collect it says DOCUMENT LACKS CREDIBILITY..ARRANGE IT AND APPLY AGAIN. I don't intend aapplyin in lagos again bt abuja..what do I do? Should I apply again or I should forget abt it

I see...both of you used the same bank statement? Who applied first? You or his elder brother?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Jesusculture: 11:29am On Jul 13, 2014
@harlyon, please forgive my ignorance can you throw some light on ' a little twist on the bank statement' so I can advise further.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2014
justwise:

I see...both of you used the same bank statement? Who applied first? You or his elder brother?
. We submited on the same day but he was attended to first before me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 11:37am On Jul 13, 2014
Jesusculture: @harlyon, please forgive my ignorance can you throw some light on ' a little twist on the bank statement' so I can advise further.
. He changed the money figures in it.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:46am On Jul 13, 2014
harlyon: When someone is a denied a visa with the reason that the document lacks credibility.what does it mean..meanwhile d documents I submitted was that of my host in SA.

harlyon: . I askd him and he said he did a little twist on the bank statement but what I can't understand is that myself and his elder brother used the same documents bt he was given the visa...bt the little paper that came with my passport when I went to collect it says DOCUMENT LACKS CREDIBILITY..ARRANGE IT AND APPLY AGAIN. I don't intend aapplyin in lagos again bt abuja..what do I do? Should I apply again or I should forget abt it

That 'little twist' is the red-flag in your application, tampering with official document like bank statement is a bad idea and could lead to visa ban.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
justwise:

That 'little twist' is the red-flag in your application, tampering with official document like bank statement is a bad idea and could lead to visa ban.
. So I shouldn't apply...my dad advised me to go through his agent...the agent said he could help me...... Mr JUSTWISE should go on with dis application or forget about it
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
harlyon: . So I shouldn't apply

That is the decision you have to make, but if you must apply though be sure of all your documents and be absolutely honest with your previous immigration history.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinchar(m): 6:59am On Jul 14, 2014
Dear House, I recently got admitted for my PhD studies at CUT, please what are the necessary requirements for the application of study permit, and also which one is more suitable their Lagos office or Abuja office, and the likely day of the week they normally attend to first time applicant. Thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 14, 2014
Good morning,which schools in south africa have a post graduate program in environmental science.will be grateful if you can help thank you smiley
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by impactMAKER01: 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
lovelydamsel: Good morning,which schools in south africa have a post graduate program in environmental science.will be grateful if you can help thank you smiley

Check ukzn pls. Cheers
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omepower: 10:55pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hello Everyone....... Am new to this website, and i found it great!

I recently got admitted at the University of Johannesburg, and i need to Pay up with my Credit card or Domiciliary bank account, which way will make it simple and fast
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:20am On Jul 15, 2014
Call for application:schorlarships for master of science in Agriculture,plant Breeding @UKZN .programme commences in january 2015.interested candidates send copies of CV,BSC certificate and certified university academic records,and a motivation statement (maximum 1page)to jayshree singh at Singhj@ukzn.ac.za by the 31st of July 2014.Email further enquiries to prof John Derera at dereraj@ukzn.ac.za
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 11:26am On Jul 15, 2014
PhD fellowships in science for women from Developing countries:Deadline for applications 15 August 2014.application form available on www.owsd,net .contact :fellowships@owsd.net
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2014
Call for Proposals: Fellowship opportunity for African researchers in the social sciences
Print

Dear Colleagues,

Please see attached.

Issued by the University Research Office
Attachments
Fellowship Opportunity.docx
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by igelomo(m): 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
The South African government on Monday said it would not budge on its new visa rules but pledged to “deal” with problems raised in the implementation of those regulations.

The new immigration laws have sparked confusion and panic among Nigerians and other foreigners, particularly the 250,000 Zimbabweans who acquired permits under the 2010 special dispensation exercise.

South African Airways and other airlines also recently implemented new rules for travelling with kids to South Africa.

The new regime outlines a clear distinction between short-stay visas and long-stay permanent residence permits.

What are the new rules?

General/Partners/Spouses

Visa applications should be made by applicants in person and those wanting to change the status of their visa can no longer do so in South Africa but have to do so at missions in their home countries.
The government now asks for couples to prove they have been in a relationship for at least two years, and also that spouses of work permit holders apply for certain visas abroad.
If a partner or spouse was in a previous marriage, it is necessary to provide official documents that prove the dissolution of such marriage either by divorce or the death of the other spouse.
The updated regulations also state that life partners will need to attend separate but simultaneous interviews to determine the authenticity of the existence of their relationship.
Those that have applied for visas before the new rules came into operation are exempted.
Visitor’s Visa holders who wish to change the terms or status of their visa must submit an application no less than 60 days prior to the current visa’s date of expiration.
Those wishing to extend a stay for longer than three months must provide a police clearance certificate from their home country.
New regulations also state that one cannot change from a Visitor’s Visa to another type of visa; these applications for change of conditions must be made at a mission abroad, i.e. an embassy or consulate, where the applicant is an ordinary resident or holds citizenship.
Under the “old legislation”, it was possible to apply for a temporary residence permit whilst using a visitor’s visa but the “new legislation” now prohibits any foreigner from applying for a temporary residence permit using a visitor’s visa.
Under the old rules, foreigners waiting for their visas to be renewed could leave the country as long as they had a note from Home Affairs acknowledging receipt of their new visa application.
Anyone that has overstayed their visa is prohibited from re-entering the country and branded as “undesirable”.
Previously, the undesirable list was reserved for those with criminal records and the like, but now the government has thrown “overstayers” into that list, regardless of their circumstances.
Those that have overstayed by between one and 30 days face a 12-month ban, while anyone who has overstayed by more than 30 days faces a ban of five years.
However, exceptional circumstances include if an applicant is in need of life saving medical treatment or is an accompanying spouse or child of a business or work visa holder who wish to apply for a study or work visa.

Intra-Company Visas

This visa will now be available for 4 years but is non-renewable.
The employee in question must be employed with the foreign office/ business for a minimum of six months before being eligible for transfer to South Africa.

Study Visa/ Exchange Visa

Holders of a Study Visa may not conduct part-time work exceeding 20 hours of labour a week.
Both Study and Exchange Visas will only be issued for the duration of the study period or exchange programme respectively.
An exchange visa (for persons under 25 years) will not be granted to conduct work pertaining to an undesirable work as published by the Minister in the gazette, after consultation with the Minister of Trade and Industry.
South African immigration “Experts” are advising any foreigners still in the country with expired visas, awaiting renewals, to remain in South Africa – if they can.

http://flynaija.org/south-africas-new-visa-rules/
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 2:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
Questions answered
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
samtold, TYPOP, e.t.c abeg I need una contributions to my questions o. ^^^^
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 5:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
Slumcat please break your questions into pieces.for SAQA evaluation the following documents are needed:1.passport data page 2.academic transcipts 3.statement of result /certificate 4.Waec certificate (all documents certified).Moreover where and when did u apply for work permit ? .I m a bit surprise you applied for work permit without SAQA evaluation ! Do you have employment letter ? if I omit any question pls let me know .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by omepower: 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hello All my Brothers...

I recently got admitted at University of Johannesburg, please if any of you is there should drop there number for help....
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by slumcat(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2014
samtol4: Slumcat please break your questions into pieces.for SAQA evaluation the following documents are needed:1.passport data page 2.academic transcipts 3.statement of result /certificate 4.Waec certificate (all documents certified).Moreover where and when did u apply for work permit ? .I m a bit surprise you applied for work permit without SAQA evaluation ! Do you have employment letter ? if I omit any question pls let me know .
I started doing my work permit in first week of May through a reliable agent.
to be honest bro, getting a work permit using an agent doesn't require saqa, employment letter n all that, its all sorted out by the officials and agents. lots of Nigerians here without any qualification whatsoever got work and business permits.
well, since its just the data page of my passport, I guess its no problem.

ok, for the documents you mentioned, do they accept student copy of university transcript?.

please for the original questions, you've answered 1... please answer some more, no matter how brief, I'll appreciate.
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.