Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1740003 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Moyosoore2001(f): 8:55am On Feb 27, 2023
Good morning guys, I have gotten my visa already.
So I guess this week something will come out for y’all in Jesus name !

9 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 11:16am On Feb 27, 2023
Moyosoore2001:
Good morning guys, I have gotten my visa already.
So I guess this week something will come out for y’all in Jesus name !

@bursttt what on earth did you do Just last night m
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 11:16am On Feb 27, 2023
[quote author=Moyosoore2001 post=121291485]Good morning guys, I have gotten my visa already.
So I guess this week something will come out for y’all in jesus name

Please guys is there anyone still waiting for their vfs evisa outcome??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mudiwest(m): 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2023
Quick question. Does the SA e-visa have a fixed expiry timeline from the issue date? Because I have seen some people who have 1-month validity and some with 2-month validity, and so on. Also, Does one have to travel on the exact date that was inputted in the visa application form? Thank to anyone who can assist in addressing my concern.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayor2023: 4:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
Hello house, pls I am still waiting for my study visa, what can I do about it. Applied December. Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 5:47pm On Feb 27, 2023
ayor2023:
Hello house, pls I am still waiting for my study visa, what can I do about it. Applied December. Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 6:05pm On Feb 27, 2023
Anybody applied & got their tourist/visit visa this year? Sticker visa pls

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 7:01pm On Feb 27, 2023
Bursttt:

Send me a dm
Guy what magic are you performing??
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Thecassanova: 9:33am On Feb 28, 2023
Thecassanova:
Anyone pls, a friend applied in early Jan & was supposed to come for a conference end of March,

is it advisable she apply for the e-visa now?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 10:10am On Feb 28, 2023
Thecassanova:

Anyone that got vfs evisa recently should signify please?? Just to know if they are still issuing
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 10:14am On Feb 28, 2023
mudiwest:
Quick question. Does the SA e-visa have a fixed expiry timeline from the issue date? Because I have seen some people who have 1-month validity and some with 2-month validity, and so on. Also, Does one have to travel on the exact date that was inputted in the visa application form? Thank to anyone who can assist in addressing my concern.

No you do not have to travel on the exact day but you cannot travel as well after the expired dates.you must travel within the stipulated time frame written on your visa
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bammybestowed: 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2023
Thecassanova:

Anyone pls, a friend applied in early Jan & was supposed to come for a conference end of March,

is it advisable she apply for the e-visa now?
SA visa response time is unpredictable. For E visa, with the recent ones I have seen, you need a minimum of 1month plus from the time you submitted and your travel date(5-7weeks) , you can be rejected if you travel date has passed so to be on a safer side, make sure there is more than enough gap.
For sticker Visa, anything from 3-4months( Tourist visa) , you should get a response but as earlier stated , they are unpredictable so it might be less. You can apply for VFS while waiting for sticker visa .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rachyekong: 3:55pm On Feb 28, 2023
I
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rachyekong: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
I
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2023
Rachyekong:
I have seen that VFS has appeal from which one can filled... Can the appeal letter be submitted at any of their offices

My Dad was the sponsor here and hence, I submitted his bank statement. Can he transfer money from another account and fund the account, he initially gave me account statement and then print a new six months statement

Or, I can also submitted a photocopy of Certificate of Occupancy of properties to show proof of funds
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
Omo, i am just reading all these comments about SA, and i am wondering, how do you guys arrive about somethings.

Let me first comment on the issue of timing for SA e visa . Mind you, i said "e visa".
In recent times, the processing time is usually around 5 - 6 weeks as highlighted above by one of the respondents.

Secondly, on the issue of documents, it is clearly stated on the portal,
You need apply and attach your bank statements that can cover the duration of your stay. The value should equate in rands.
So, what that means is that, look at your budget and your stay period, then determine how much you present as bank statements.

Mind you, do not try to act funny, the process is verified, especially when figures are attached.

Lastly.
During the process of review, you can send a mail to the dha contact center for a follow up. They respond in one way or the other. You may not get a feedback on mail, but they act on applications. I know for a fact. so be careful not to send too many mails, so it does not affect the procedure. You can get disapproved for that.

I advise that you use a longer date when applying because of the processing time. There are no emergencies for SA. Apply 1/2 months ahead in most cases.

The issue of documents, Please revert to the website as they are clearly stated there. You must also merge all your documents in one pdf to allow your review process seamless. Do not upload scattered documents.

So, going by all that is written, if you have done the right thing, BE SURE OF AN APPROVAL. Its simple.

Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omocity: 8:08pm On Feb 28, 2023
Good evening all,
I applied for my visa since September and till now it’s still under processing.It’s a visitors visa section11.1(b)(iv)visa exceeding 3months (3 years visa).This is the type of visa issued to models.I have Being living in South Africa for years now and I normally come to Nigeria to apply for it,in the past years it took only 10working days but now it’s been 5months and it’s so frustrating and annoying being stuck in Nigeria cos my life is back in South Africa and am still paying bills (my rent &all) while am stuck here cos I thought I will only be in Nigeria for few weeks.I and my modeling agency have sent emails to the SA embassy in Abuja but no reply.Worst of it all is that they have my passport since September,I have fall in and out of depression.Please someone advise me on what to do please.Thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 8:24pm On Feb 28, 2023
Omocity:
Good evening all,
I applied for my visa since September and till now it’s still under processing.It’s a visitors visa section11.1(b)(iv)visa exceeding 3months (3 years visa).This is the type of visa issued to models.I have Being living in South Africa for years now and I normally come to Nigeria to apply for it,in the past years it took only 10working days but now it’s been 5months and it’s so frustrating and annoying being stuck in Nigeria cos my life is back in South Africa and am still paying bills (my rent &all) while am stuck here cos I thought I will only be in Nigeria for few weeks.I and my modeling agency have sent emails to the SA embassy in Abuja but no reply.Worst of it all is that they have my passport since September,I have fall in and out of depression.Please someone advise me on what to do please.Thank you

To be honest.

I feel your agency residence in SA can fast track this for you.

It is not going to easy to get it done from Nigeria.

Contact your SA agency to visit DHA in Pretoria.

Just one call will put this right.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omocity: 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2023
Thanks for your advice but my application was done here in Nigeria and since September the visa decisions are now made by the consular officers in Abuja.My application was submitted at the end of September so my passport is at Abuja not DHA Pretoria .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2023
Omocity:
Thanks for your advice but my application was done here in Nigeria and since September the visa decisions are now made by the consular officers in Abuja.My application was submitted at the end of September so my passport is at Abuja not DHA Pretoria .

Good evening all,
I applied for my visa since September and till now it’s still under processing.It’s a visitors visa section11.1(b)(iv)visa exceeding 3months (3 years visa).This is the type of visa issued to models.I have Being living in South Africa for years now and I normally come to Nigeria to apply for it,in the past years it took only 10working days but now it’s been 5months and it’s so frustrating and annoying being stuck in Nigeria cos my life is back in South Africa and am still paying bills (my rent &all) while am stuck here cos I thought I will only be in Nigeria for few weeks[b].I and my modeling agency [/b]have sent emails to the SA embassy in Abuja but no reply.Worst of it all is that they have my passport since September,I have fall in and out of depression.Please someone advise me on what to do please.Thank you

Dear Omocity,
You came here for advise. We can give you suggestions, but we can not profer solutions.

Be open to receiving them.

I just said, is your modelling agency resident in SA?
If they are, ask they visit the DHA and follow up.

You can get some substantial feedback through that process , that is if they are an SA based modelling agency.

But if they are not, you need to keep following up through the physical platforms, but still , if you feel frustrated, look for an internal person at the embassy to help out.

This is what i know people in your situations do, and they get results. You can visit the other threads, you find people with similar cases and how they were able to follow up the process through the suggestions they got on the platform.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2023
Omocity:

If you can write to the minister/ Director General or those top officials in charge of temporary residence permit ( all of them) in DHA. They will refer your complaints to them at Abuja and Abuja have no choice than to reply them or still finalize your application. Just put in all neccesary details in your email for easy understanding
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 10:12pm On Feb 28, 2023
Bursttt:

If you can write to the minister/ Director General or those top officials in charge of temporary residence permit ( all of them) in DHA. They will refer your complaints to them at Abuja and Abuja have no choice than to reply them or still finalize your application. Just put in all neccesary details in your email for easy understanding

God bless you. This is just what i was driving at. You need to know the appropriate unit to complain to , when issues like this arise.

You can write hacc@dha.gov.za , attach all your details including application number.

The Department of Home Affairs controls the activites of the embassies and can substantively be of help.

You also have the options of the other person (Bursttt) or maybe physical appearance at the embassy.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omocity: 2:26am On Mar 01, 2023
@hunee @ burst thanks I appreciate your suggestion

Yes my agency is based in Johannesburg,I will speak to them about it too.

It’s just that I have model friends that applied there in South Africa over a year ago and still waiting for their visa due to the backlog in South Africa.There are over 56,000 pending applications DHA need to attend to.

I called the sA embassy Abuja,they advised that I should wait ,that it is still under processing,I even suggested going to Abuja and the lady said I shouldnt bother flying down cos I will still get same answer.

Please Does anyone have any contact at the sA embassy in Abuja?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by IntrovertGuy: 2:34am On Mar 01, 2023
Omocity:
@hunee @ burst thanks I appreciate your suggestion

Yes my agency is based in Johannesburg,I will speak to them about it too.

It’s just that I have model friends that applied there in South Africa over a year ago and still waiting for their visa due to the backlog in South Africa.There are over 56,000 pending applications DHA need to attend to.

I called the sA embassy Abuja,they advised that I should wait ,that it is still under processing,I even suggested going to Abuja and the lady said I shouldnt bother flying down cos I will still get same answer.

Please Does anyone have any contact at the sA embassy in Abuja?

This is their DG's email. I mean their Head from SA.
L.T Makhode
tommy.makhode@dha.gov.za

I once sent him a mail and as attached I got a response in minutes.

Though the application was rejected as my travel date has passed.

This is the Ms Karachi email

Shabnam.Karachi@dha.gov.za

But she no dey gree reply me after she rejected my application.

PS: Try and compose your mail at once, expressing your concerns. Not that you'll first send him a mail greeting him grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pacaveli: 3:52am On Mar 01, 2023
Omocity:
Good evening all,
u need to send an email to someone at the visa processing unit of DHA

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Omocity: 6:31am On Mar 01, 2023
@introvertguy thanks for your detailed suggestion I appreciate ,I will send an email

@pacaveli thanks I appreciate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayor2023: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
Please I need your counsel, I applied for study visa via vfs by mid Dec. but told it got to embassy 3rd Jan and under processing, when should I be expecting response?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rachyekong: 2:27pm On Mar 01, 2023
Please, what's the minimum amount one should have in account before applying for a year Study Visa...

Can I used an account that money is only paid in without withdrawals.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2023
ayor2023:
Please I need your counsel, I applied for study visa via vfs by mid Dec. but told it got to embassy 3rd Jan and under processing, when should I be expecting response?

Any moment from 10 weeks from the day it got to the embassy. It can be 15/20 weeks. It is not fixed, their Visa processes is flawed. So just be praying yours comes early and positive. Some people waited like 20 weeks and still got refused. Just pray it comes really fast. Someone applied in December and have gotten, someone applied in October and still waiting for outcome. You see why I said it is a very flawed process
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2023
Bursttt:

Any moment from 10 weeks from the day it got to the embassy. It can be 15/20 weeks. It is not fixed, their Visa processes is flawed. So just be praying yours comes early and positive. Some people waited like 20 weeks and still got refused. Just pray it comes really fast. Someone applied in December and have gotten, someone applied in October and still waiting for outcome. You see why I said it is a very flawed process

Guys I no still understand how these ripping agents are processing South Africa evisa and it’s coming out two days?like for real
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Graceness777(f): 10:32pm On Mar 01, 2023
Bursttt:

Guys I no still understand how these ripping agents are processing South Africa evisa and it’s coming out two days?like for real
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by pufframmy: 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2023
i heard from someone they said they have insider but never confirm am o
Graceness777:

(1) (2) (3) ... (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.