Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1739871 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by AmancalledGod: 3:04am On Feb 20, 2023
Sniper101:

Or...
You could drop yours lemme contact you?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rachyekong: 8:04am On Feb 20, 2023
Lucky you.... I applied since July 5th, no response till date.

It is well ooo
Bursttt:

Yes o! Study 7th of November
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 8:23am On Feb 20, 2023
Rachyekong:

It is well ooo

I haven’t gotten response too.. still hoping!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Moyosoore2001(f): 8:26am On Feb 20, 2023
Well let hope they give us response before the election start

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by litsotravels: 9:07am On Feb 20, 2023
Do you want to travel or Want a job in other countries but don’t have a visa or are in search of the Best Visa Filling Travel Agency, LITSO Travels can be your sweet spot. Here, at LITSO, we can assist you with compelling Visa services from filling to receiving for almost anywhere around the globe. Be it Turkey, the USA, the U.K., Canada, France, Australia, Germany, Amsterdam, Italy, or any other country; we are here to find the best way possible for you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by 080bjaked(m): 10:37am On Feb 20, 2023
hunee:

Thank you.

OR Tambo International Airport. Anywhere apartment hotel close. Let say 3-5km

Checkout Isando Airport Inn. It's very close to the airport and you'd get there with an Uber or Bolt of about 80-120 Rands.
It's at Isando which is close to Kempton part and Edenvale when you want to move for permanent accomodations in Jborg.
All the best
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cruisez: 11:19am On Feb 20, 2023
I have read one or two online reviews by individuals who flew to cape town or Durban with eVisa but the immigration officials could not attend to them because they lacked scanners to read eVisa. One was deported the other was granted access after 4hrs delay. Note that the reviews were last year 2022. I appreciate the reviews but I can't find any publication by SA authorities stating that eVisa holders must enter SA via OR Tambo airport Johannesburg. For example, Turkey published theirs so I know the airline and airport to use to enter Turkey with eVisa. I just need reliable feedback, experience or guidance anybody.

hunee:

Message distorted. Come again
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2023
Too much blessings on you.
080bjaked:

Checkout Isando Airport Inn. It's very close to the airport and you'd get there with an Uber or Bolt of about 80-120 Rands.
It's at Isando which is close to Kempton part and Edenvale when you want to move for permanent accomodations in Jborg.
All the best

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2023
What you have raised is a very important issue. Information is key when traveling, if there is anyone here that has flown to SA recently via Johannesburg, OR TAMBO, they should openly tell us if there was a seperate queue for evisa passengers. Please give us an insight. I will be waiting to hear from someone
Cruisez:
I have read one or two online reviews by individuals who flew to cape town or Durban with eVisa but the immigration officials could not attend to them because they lacked scanners to read eVisa. One was deported the other was granted access after 4hrs delay. Note that the reviews were last year 2022. I appreciate the reviews but I can't find any publication by SA authorities stating that eVisa holders must enter SA via OR Tambo airport Johannesburg. For example, Turkey published theirs so I know the airline and airport to use to enter Turkey with eVisa. I just need reliable feedback, experience or guidance anybody.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mechango: 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2023
hunee:
What you have raised is a very important issue. Information is key when traveling, if there is anyone here that has flown to SA recently via Johannesburg, OR TAMBO, they should openly tell us if there was a seperate queue for evisa passengers. Please give us an insight. I will be waiting to hear from someone

Not really, as at the last time I travelled in, which was January 19. There was no separate queue for e-visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2023
Thank you. By what you are saying, it means it safe to fly to Johannesburg OR tambo and expect visa stamp if one meets criteria for entry. Ws your hotel booked and paid for. Or you presented just a dummy
?
mechango:

Not really, as at the last time I travelled in, which was January 19. There was no separate queue for e-visa.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cruisez: 3:10pm On Feb 20, 2023
My question is, have you flown directly to cape town or Durban airport with eVisa and was stamped in? Please share your experience if you have.

I am aware that eVisa is accepted at OR Tambo Johannesburg so no issues there.

hunee:
Thank you. By what you are saying, it means it safe to fly to Johannesburg OR tambo and expect visa stamp if one meets criteria for entry. Ws your hotel booked and paid for. Or you presented just a dummy
?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2023
Much clearer with your questions. I have someone currently in capetown, he arrived feb 8th. with evisa, so you are safe with capetown, i do not know about durban.
Cruisez:
My question is, have you flown directly to cape town or Durban airport with eVisa and was stamped in? Please share your experience if you have.

I am aware that eVisa is accepted at OR Tambo Johannesburg so no issues there.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mechango: 3:20pm On Feb 20, 2023
hunee:
?

I will just generally advice you have all the documents handy. The only questions immigration officers asked at the poe is "Where are you going to?" But I don't really know about for those visiting. I remember vividly that there were having issues with their system, so it was only one officer attending to e-visa. My generally advice, just print the hotel booking.

I hope you find this useful

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by floboyza: 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2023
hunee:

Thank you.

OR Tambo International Airport. Anywhere apartment hotel close. Let say 3-5km

Sorry, I am not familiar with apartments in the airport area. I will suggest you google apartments in that area or check Airbnb and check the reviews.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2023
Thanks
mechango:

I will just generally advice you have all the documents handy. The only questions immigration officers asked at the poe is "Where are you going to?" But I don't really know about for those visiting. I remember vividly that there were having issues with their system, so it was only one officer attending to e-visa. My generally advice, just print the hotel booking.

I hope you find this useful
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Folarge06(m): 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2023
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Folarge06(m): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2023
When I travelled to SA with the e visa in June 2022, I was delayed for almost 1hr cos the immigration told me they don't know about the evisa.I was part of the first batch that used it. They invited one of their tech guys who attended to me and also thought them how to handle it..

I was stamped in for the entire duration of my visa.

I don't know of other airport but e visa is accepted at OR Tambo Airport Johannesburg.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Pacaveli: 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2023
Rachyekong:

It is well ooo

That's too long, drop ur WhatsApp number, u should be attended to this week
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 8:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
Pacaveli:

Howfar yours? Have you been granted!?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 8:22pm On Feb 20, 2023
Pacaveli:

What school are you going to?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rachyekong: 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2023
Pacaveli:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
Very detailed feedbacks!
Sure you had fun.
can you recommend nice and cheap apartments you stayed. Most of all, secured place.
Folarge06:
When I travelled to SA with the e visa in June 2022, I was delayed for almost 1hr cos the immigration told me they don't know about the evisa.I was part of the first batch that used it. They invited one of their tech guys who attended to me and also thought them how to handle it..

I was stamped in for the entire duration of my visa.

I don't know of other airport but e visa is accepted at OR Tambo Airport Johannesburg.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Rachyekong: 9:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
Walter Sisulu University, Mthatha
Tryhard:

What school are you going to?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Tryhard: 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2023
mekuscato:
Please those that got VFS visa processed message,
Did you people went and collect it in VFS office or did they send it to your place through courier?

Have you received your parcel?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mekuscato: 5:07am On Feb 21, 2023
Tryhard:

Have you received your parcel?
No
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Claudiopicasso: 6:17am On Feb 21, 2023
Good morning Nairalanders,
I am posting this message in a detention area of the Cape-Town International airport. I was received the e-visa through VFS application and on reaching the airport, They denied me entry as the say ..the VISA COULD NOT BE FOUND ON THEIR SYSTEM. I am here for just a four day work conference but it seems they are prepared paper work for deportation and have me sign..The is a really important work trip and I am missing it because of vfs ..this is really horrible. If they are granting visa that cannot be verified

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Folarge06(m): 6:40am On Feb 21, 2023
I used Airbnb in Waterfall Midrand.

hunee:
Very detailed feedbacks!
Sure you had fun.
can you recommend nice and cheap apartments you stayed. Most of all, secured place.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Folarge06(m): 6:42am On Feb 21, 2023
So sad seeing this...
Why not show them your profile on the VFS e visa website...

Claudiopicasso:
I am posting this message in a detention area of the Cape-Town International airport. I was received the e-visa through VFS application and on reaching the airport, They denied me entry as the say ..the VISA COULD NOT BE FOUND ON THEIR SYSTEM. I am here for just a four day work conference but it seems they are prepared paper work for deportation and have me sign..The is a really important work trip and I am missing it because of vfs ..this is really horrible. If they are granting visa that cannot be verified
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bammybestowed: 7:08am On Feb 21, 2023
Claudiopicasso:

This is so sad. Show them the email and your profile on the VFS website.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 8:35am On Feb 21, 2023
Claudiopicasso:

Call the VFS Asap!! Let them know the issue. Show them the mail of confirmation where the visa is. If OR Tambo could verify, why can’t Capetown verify it? This is serious
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cruisez: 9:42am On Feb 21, 2023
So sorry about your current situation. This is why I asked the questions about which airport can scan eVisa. Your evisa may not be the issue rather a lack of equipment to validate eVisa. If you search travel forums you will find others that had a similar experience in cape town and durban. Hang in there.

Claudiopicasso:

(1) (2) (3) ... (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: oluwaseun8(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.