Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (832) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1737668 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by graciousme(f): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thank you to everyone that responded. Much appreciated

Thecassanova:

Send your passport or ID page together with the fingerprint from Alagbon police station to a friend that resides in SA (hardcopy via fedx dhl etc).

The friend then take this to a police station in SA on your behalf to apply. It might take 8 weeks or longer. All the best.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 5:48am On Mar 19, 2023
chemenger:
How long does SA study visa renewal takes?

"I am in the middle of my PhD study and submitted my visa renewal application since January 2023 back here in Abuja. I would have applied in SA but had to leave because my passport was expiring and my school also advised to come and apply in Nigeria to avoid been declared undesirable.
My application status has always remains the same "the application was received and under processing at SA High commission"

Is this normal or does anyone know how long this takes, I'm running out of patience here because I have an ongoing LAB work to complete back in SA"

Any thoughts or opinions are would be helpful, please help my friend and thank you all.
why didn't you renew the passport in SA?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nanyavikz: 11:33am On Mar 19, 2023
Hello people, please where do I categorize “Staff retreat” in my EVISA South Africa application?

Somebody help
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by villagecraft: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hi

Please, Is there any way one can apply for a longer, say 5 years business visa or work permit using their holiday visa while in the country?

Someone is preaching that to me.

Please, I would love those who are grounded in the country to share response.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
chemenger:

"I am in the middle of my PhD study and submitted my visa renewal application since January 2023 back here in Abuja. I would have applied in SA but had to leave because my passport was expiring and my school also advised to come and apply in Nigeria to avoid been declared undesirable.
My application status has always remains the same "the application was received and under processing at SA High commission"

Is this normal or does anyone know how long this takes, I'm running out of patience here because I have an ongoing LAB work to complete back in SA"

Any thoughts or opinions are would be helpful, please help my friend and thank you all.

Trust me, there are some study applicant that submitted since September and have not received. Some submitted in January and received in February. We don’t know how the adjudicate or process. It’s a bit confusing. But I think you should constantly. When I mean constantly I mean every 3 hours everyday you mail the SA High Commission till you get a feedback, because that’s the only hope and you continue to call them.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 1:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
Bursttt:

Trust me, there are some study applicant that submitted since September and have not received. Some submitted in January and received in February. We don’t know how the adjudicate or process. It’s a bit confusing. But I think you should constantly. When I mean constantly I mean every 3 hours everyday you mail the SA High Commission till you get a feedback, because that’s the only hope and you continue to call them.
Bursttt, thank you on this suggestions
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 1:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
lymelyte:
why didn't you renew the passport in SA?
I applied for it in SA but couldn't get it before the expiration of my visa
I was told passport booklet was unavailable
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2023
chemenger:

I applied for it in SA but couldn't get it before the expiration of my visa
I was told passport booklet was unavailable
when was that if I may ask?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bammybestowed: 4:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Bammybestowed:
Hello, for someone who is currently in SA on a tourist visa( 3 months visa with a maximum of 30days stay per time), which country can one travel to just to leave SA and re enter without going back to Nigeria and overstaying. I will appreciate responses.

Thank you for the previous responses. Please is it possible to visit Zimbabwe or Namibia on a transit visa, since I just need to go in and out and it’s better I apply for e visa. I would appreciate responses.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:44pm On Mar 19, 2023
chemenger:

Bursttt, thank you on this suggestions
I think early February this year Universities VCs compiled list of students with pending application and forwarded it to H.Affairs. Try contacting your school
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2023
villagecraft:
Hi

Please, Is there any way one can apply for a longer, say 5 years business visa or work permit using their holiday visa while in the country?

Someone is preaching that to me.

Please, I would love those who are grounded in the country to share response.
I don't think it is possible. Your holiday visa is meant for holiday. You can apply for long-term visa when you are in Nigeria
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekenweohia: 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hi guys

Do I have to book my return ticket before I apply for the VISA?

How do I answer the VISA application question that says: Do you have a valid return ticket?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekenweohia: 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2023
Hi guys

How do I answer the VISA application question that says: Do you have a valid return ticket?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
Yes.
Book dont pay.
Use Travelbeta or wakanow.
Attach copy on the doc upload page afterwards
ekenweohia:

Hi guys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekenweohia: 10:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
hunee:
Yes.
Book dont pay.
Use Travelbeta or wakanow.
Attach copy on the doc upload page afterwards

Thanks Chief. That was helpful.

Please for the Purpose and duration of visit document upload, what is required?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 10:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
ekenweohia:

Thanks Chief. That was helpful.

Please for the Purpose and duration of visit document upload, what is required?
Write a personal introduction letter to the embassy detailing purpose for your trip. Is it for tourism, or conference. Draft a letter, then tell them all the places you like to visit(itinerary).

When you are done, attach and upload.

2 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekenweohia: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
hunee:

Write a personal introduction letter to the embassy detailing purpose for your trip. Is it for tourism, or conference. Draft a letter, then tell them all the places you like to visit(itinerary).

Thanks man

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bursttt: 10:34pm On Mar 19, 2023
samtol4:
I think early February this year Universities VCs compiled list of students with pending application and forwarded it to H.Affairs. Try contacting your school

I know they did yeah, but will they act on it and do follow up? Don’t just depend on this alone. Persistent calling & email to SA High Commission will do it. You can send close to 10 emails at day. It will show how urgently you need this visa, same with calls too.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 1:20am On Mar 20, 2023
Jan 2023
lymelyte:
when was that if I may ask?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayor2023: 9:51am On Mar 20, 2023
Bursttt:

I know they did yeah, but will they act on it and do follow up? Don’t just depend on this alone. Persistent calling & email to SA High Commission will do it. You can send close to 10 emails at day. It will show how urgently you need this visa, same with calls too.

Pls can I get their call and email details.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hello guys I’ve completed second step on eVisa, I’ve completed the online form, can’t find a way to upload the documents so I submitted. Now it’s showing “in progress” also the thumbnail for upload documents is not clicking (working). What do I do?

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekenweohia: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekenweohia: 1:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
hunee:

Hi Chief,
I booked the flight ticket and used the details to complete the visa application but the company(travelbeta) called me to say that they would cancel my booking if I don't payment in 24hours. Would this impact my application?

Also, please how did you go about the yellow fever card?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2023
chemenger:

Thanks to everyone that have contributed one way or the other and my friend is currently working on your suggestions. Still open to more suggestions from you guys, once again thank you
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 3:06pm On Mar 20, 2023
ekenweohia:

Hi Chief,
I booked the flight ticket and used the details to complete the visa application but the company(travelbeta) called me to say that they would cancel my booking if I don't payment in 24hours. Would this impact my application?

Also, please how did you go about the yellow fever card?

Where are you resided.

Yellow card is easy to get. Go to the Port health at Toll Gate to apply. The toll gate at the International Airport.

For Travel beta
Not an issue. What you need is a dummy of your itinerary and you have that already.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by naruto02(m): 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
HowardWolowitz:
My upload of documents is saying error uploading documents, what can I do around it?
Hello please at what point do you get to submit documents.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Dapsyn33: 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
i beg o...can someone say something👆
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekenweohia: 4:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
hunee:

Where are you resided.

Yellow card is easy to get. Go to the Port health at Toll Gate to apply. The toll gate at the International Airport. D

For Travel beta
Not an issue. What you need is a dummy of your itinerary and you have that already.

Alright, thanks man.
I live in Lagos. I'll go there ASAP.

Thanks again Chief
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by lymelyte(m): 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
chemenger:
Jan 2023
oh..ok. I see
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by tayo4me(f): 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
Good evening house.

Quick questions please,

Please the yellow fever card, will it be part of the documents to be uploaded or just to take it along when traveling?

Secondly, can one upload the downloaded copy of bank statements or it has to be the hard copy that will be scanned and uploaded?

In addition, are accommodation reservations done through booking.com accepted?

Thank you in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
tayo4me:
Good evening house.

Quick questions please,

Please the yellow fever card, will it be part of the documents to be uploaded or just to take it along when traveling? YES, YES

Secondly, can one upload the downloaded copy of bank statements or it has to be the hard copy that will be scanned and uploaded? UPLOAD DOWNLOADED

In addition, are accommodation reservations done through booking.com accepted? YES

Thank you in advance
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by mobilemykel: 12:12am On Mar 21, 2023
Guys I arrived Jozi in the early hours of yesterday. I used air Cote D'Ivoire and I had a smooth journey. (even though we had stop over in Abidjan and Kinshasa) the immigration officers where really nice. I was only asked for my passport and EVisa and was stamped in. They didn't even request for yellow card or vaccine card. I'm staying with a friend of mine in Blairgowrie while I search for a studio apartment I can stay for long term. Who knows any nice places to live and affordable?

(1) (2) (3) ... (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.