Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,525 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1742805 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) ... (916) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayantola01: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2023
ayantola01:
nothing yet. It's strange

Hi folks, just to update for those in similar shoes:
1) my e-visa is out - today Thursday 17th
2) applied on Tuesday, the 8th (night) . So basically it took 7 working days/1 week and 1 day
Used DHA
3) you really may not need police report , if you’re going on visitors less than 3 months.
I used th following docs:
1) flight itinerary
2) passport
3) hotel booking
4) conference invite letter
5) personal introduction letter
6) 3 months bank statements
7) confirmation of employment letter
8. 3 months payslip
9) past visas and current residence permit in the UK
10) submitted yellow fever card but don’t think it’s relevant (it’s expired and I’m not travelling through a yellow fever region anyways). Just added it in case

Best of luck to everyone else.

3 Likes

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yinkaolola: 10:16am On Aug 17, 2023
hunee:
Youwelcom

Hi, can you text me on doyeenfag@gmail.com please 🙏
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by OsiEnterprise4: 10:16am On Aug 17, 2023
ayantola01:

2) applied on Tuesday, the 8th (night) . So basically it took 7 working days/1 week and 1 day
Used DHA
3) you really may not need police report , if you’re going on visitors less than 3 months.
1) flight itinerary
2) passport
3) hotel booking
8. 3 months payslip
10) submitted yellow fever card but don’t think it’s relevant (it’s expired and I’m not travelling through a yellow fever region anyways). Just added it in case

Congrats, nice 1
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abigbo: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2023
Nice, at least it means that e- visa works.
Planning to come spend my xmas in Capetown this year.
Can you please outline a draft of your personal statement
ayantola01:

Used DHA
1) flight itinerary
2) passport
3) hotel booking
8. 3 months payslip

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 12:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
Yinkaolola:

Hi, can you text me on doyeenfag@gmail.com please 🙏

Done
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Momotola16: 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
Can this be used to apply for 6months visa?
ayantola01:

Used DHA
1) flight itinerary
2) passport
3) hotel booking
8. 3 months payslip

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yinkaolola: 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2023
hunee:

Done

I didn’t see your email.

Can you text me on WhatsApp. 08108518554?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by crusader6(m): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hello guys.
I have carefully gone through this thread and I feel I have understood the procedures for SA visa application. Thanks to all those that have been contributing.
I want to apply for SA visa to attend a fully sponsored conference in October. And I wish to apply for two different route to increase my chances of getting the visa on time.
I need advise whether to go for DHA evisa and physical application through VFS or Dha evisa and VFS evisa..
Kindly help me.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayantola01: 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
Momotola16:
Can this be used to apply for 6months visa?

I’m not sure. Usually after clicking submit for the application form, it’ll show you a list of required/mandatory documents. Many of the ones I added above were optional, but it’s good to add them, I think — depending on what you’re going for
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayantola01: 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
crusader6:
Hello guys.
I have carefully gone through this thread and I feel I have understood the procedures for SA visa application. Thanks to all those that have been contributing.
I want to apply for SA visa to attend a fully sponsored conference in October. And I wish to apply for two different route to increase my chances of getting the visa on time.
I need advise whether to go for DHA evisa and physical application through VFS or Dha evisa and VFS evisa..
Kindly help me.

I think the DHA e-visa works. I tried using VFS e-visa first, but it’s not even going through. Mailed them several times, took about 1 week and some days before getting concrete response, and still the platform isn’t going through as of now.
I advise the DHA E-visa; it’s faster and you can know your fate in time — should you need to reapply
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ayantola01: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2023
Abigbo:
Nice, at least it means that e- visa works.
Planning to come spend my xmas in Capetown this year.
Can you please outline a draft of your personal statement

Tbh, I just stated the purpose of my visit — what I’ve been invited for and why

Described my current work in relation to the above
Noted that I’ve attached my employment confirmation and payslips

Briefly mentioned character related qualities (e.g any recognition or awards?)
Closed and noted the visa would helpful for my attendance to make contributions to xyz
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 1:12am On Aug 18, 2023
I had engaged elaborately with some staff at the Department of Home Affairs. A lot of them i met were quite welcoming and i took the advantage to inquire about the workings of the unit.

The DHA applications are handled and approved by a section called Border Management Authority BMA, their services are quite fast unless there are technical and backlog issues, the system seem to be quite functional and well coordinated.

Walking on the 3rd floor of the Immigration department at OR tambo Johannesburg , i discovered that the service hours were adjusted recently to properly suit and attend to applications faster.

The operatin days are Mon - Fri and closing time is Quater Past 3pm . BMA does not work on weekends.

Some key points for BMA Approvals.

1. State your point and purpose for travel.
2. Simple and straight applications.
3. Attach evidence to back bank statement (They don't trust that Nigerians come to their country with enough monies, because of the numbers outreached)
4. Don't hide informations. The BMA is quite sophisticated, they have a functional technical team . They can randomly pick anything about you in seconds.
5. Ensure that what you post to them can be proven when you face immigration.

Most Nigerians are profiled in SA and immigration have perceived interest in your applications. ( Don't be deceived) You have to prove to be different.

Lastly, i have applied 3 different times this year On The DHA and everything got approved even with less funds that can barely board a return flight grin

I literally use the account the way it is, does not mean i don't have means to sustain. I just make my applications as real and genuine as possible.

No over hypes, use simple words, don't try to prove a point so they don't read meanings.

All the best! If you mailed me or requested i sent a mail or whatsapp message, i am sorry, i can reach you by telegram quicker. Just send your username, will add and chat you up asap.

Thanks and i look forward to more interactions.

Have a great day ahead.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by amaka157: 6:19am On Aug 18, 2023
hunee:
I had engaged elaborately with some staff at the Department of Home Affairs. A lot of them i met were quite welcoming and i took the advantage to inquire about the workings of the unit.

The DHA applications are handled and approved by a section called Border Management Authority BMA, their services are quite fast unless there are technical and backlog issues, the system seem to be quite functional and well coordinated.

Good morning bro, update on my payment error case... I received a mail from dha yesterday giving me 14 days to pay or have my application canceled even tho I had paid.. I emailed them back that I had paid and even tried to call all the numbers on the letter I got to no response.. anyways, we decided to make another payment but I couldn't proceed as I got an error message that I had paid before and my payment with so and so reference number is been processed
I am so so confused.....! Bad part is that they don't reply emails... have concluded to wait the whole situation out... I will also appreciate if you anyone's email in dha department I can talk to about my case

Thank you

Walking on the 3rd floor of the Immigration department at OR tambo Johannesburg , i discovered that the service hours were adjusted recently to properly suit and attend to applications faster.

The operatin days are Mon - Fri and closing time is Quater Past 3pm . BMA does not work on weekends.

Some key points for BMA Approvals.

1. State your point and purpose for travel.
2. Simple and straight applications.
3. Attach evidence to back bank statement (They don't trust that Nigerians come to their country with enough monies, because of the numbers outreached)
4. Don't hide informations. The BMA is quite sophisticated, they have a functional technical team . They can randomly pick anything about you in seconds.
5. Ensure that what you post to them can be proven when you face immigration.

Most Nigerians are profiled in SA and immigration have perceived interest in your applications. ( Don't be deceived) You have to prove to be different.

Lastly, i have applied 3 different times this year On The DHA and everything got approved even with less funds that can barely board a return flight grin

I literally use the account the way it is, does not mean i don't have means to sustain. I just make my applications as real and genuine as possible.

No over hypes, use simple words, don't try to prove a point so they don't read meanings.

All the best! If you mailed me or requested i sent a mail or whatsapp message, i am sorry, i can reach you by telegram quicker. Just send your username, will add and chat you up asap.

Thanks and i look forward to more interactions.

Have a great day ahead.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 6:42am On Aug 18, 2023
[quote author=amaka157 post=125184493][/quote]

Email:

nischal.jaynaran@dha.gov.za

If you have an ongoing payment or application, it has to cancel before you can fix for another unless they cancel from their end. Betterstill, await the tenure given.

I had thought you resolved it since you didn't get back, I would have just table your issue before them on last visit.

Anyway. Wish you luck.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by amaka157: 7:29am On Aug 18, 2023
hunee:

Email:

If you have an ongoing payment or application, it has to cancel before you can fix for another unless they cancel from their end. Betterstill, await the tenure given.

I had thought you resolved it since you didn't get back, I would have just table your issue before them on last visit.

Anyway. Wish you luck.

It's all good and thanks a lot for your help... I will send an email to the address you gave
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yinkaolola: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
hunee:

Email:

Anyway. Wish you luck.
Hi, still waiting on your message. 🙏
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Abigbo: 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
Please can the attachment below suffice for my e-visa application, it's booked already but I didn't pay till my visa comes out.

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Plannie22: 7:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hello Guys, I submitted a physical application at VFS on 2nd August but haven’t heard anything. I want to go on a vacation from 12-20th September. Any luck that I may hear from SA visa people soon? I’m so unsettled .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 7:55pm On Aug 18, 2023
Interesting things
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2023
Please send me your telegram user id.
Yinkaolola:

Hi, still waiting on your message. 🙏
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Yinkaolola: 9:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
hunee:
Please send me your telegram user id.

@doyinpeperempe
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by aodujoko: 8:14am On Aug 19, 2023
Hello,
Pls I applied with my family submitted at vfs July 20th
Expected travel date was 14th Aug for 7days
I haven’t gotten any feedback.
Does that mean an automatic rejection has travel date has passed and no information from them yet.

Or can it still still be approved.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Bammybestowed: 11:17am On Aug 19, 2023
aodujoko:
Hello,
Pls I applied with my family submitted at vfs July 20th
Expected travel date was 14th Aug for 7days
I haven’t gotten any feedback.
Does that mean an automatic rejection has travel date has passed and no information from them yet.

Or can it still still be approved.

It can still be approved if you are lucky or rejected based on the elapsed date.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 9:36pm On Aug 19, 2023
Check
Yinkaolola:

@doyinpeperempe
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ekpanbaghi: 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2023
Good evening, Everybody. Hope your weekend went well.

I just submitted an eVisa application online and the next page showed me supporting documents to upload to include "Death Certificate - Spousal parents" and "Death Certificate of parent/s" as i indicated that my father as well as my father-in-law have both died for over 20 years now.

I don't have my father's Death Certificate with me and asking my inlaws for my father-in-law's death certificate from from my inlaws is a most uncomfortable question to ask of them culturally.

Kindly advise on what to do. Should i swear an affidavit in court?

Thank you, guys.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 7:06pm On Aug 20, 2023
Yes, Affidavit
ekpanbaghi:
Good evening, Everybody. Hope your weekend went well.

I just submitted an eVisa application online and the next page showed me supporting documents to upload to include "Death Certificate - Spousal parents" and "Death Certificate of parent/s" as i indicated that my father as well as my father-in-law have both died for over 20 years now.

I don't have my father's Death Certificate with me and asking my inlaws for my father-in-law's death certificate from from my inlaws is a most uncomfortable question to ask of them culturally.

Kindly advise on what to do. Should i swear an affidavit in court?

Thank you, guys.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by osorex(m): 10:20am On Aug 21, 2023
Good day
Please My E-visa was denied with the reason "The bank statement is invalid and therefore you do not qualify for a visitors visa".
My statement of account was signed and stamped on every page.
I don't know where I went wrong, Kindly advise please
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by hunee: 10:31am On Aug 21, 2023
When did you get this.
This is the most recent trend in the DHA and it was heatedly debated over the weekend on social media.
osorex:
Good day
Please My E-visa was denied with the reason "The bank statement is invalid and therefore you do not qualify for a visitors visa".
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Momotola16: 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2023
Get a reference letter from your bank
osorex:
Good day
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nickyblithe: 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2023
Hello everyone. Pls I have an enquiry. I will like to visit SA by November/December and want to apply for E visa. My baby will be less than 6 months by then. Will she equally require a passport/visa? Or is there a place on the application I can indicate that I will be traveling with her?

(1) (2) (3) ... (861) (862) (863) (864) (865) (866) (867) ... (916) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.