Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1733718 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (915) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 2:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
yinksob002: There is no fixed time for processing d visa. It could take between two to four weeks depending on a number of factors and you may be lucky to have it processed within one week. However, I will advise you to put in your application 1st week of sept since you intend to travel before 9th october. All d best t

I eventually applied for the visa at VFS in Lagos on Friday, September 5 and I was sent a text message yesterday (September 10) that my processed application has returned to VFS. I was surprised that it took just 3 working days and I applied in the same Lagos that many people on this thread said takes a lot of time. I picked up my visa this morning.

Thank you all for your advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
I need help from experienced people on this thread, I got this mail while trying to source for information on application for accompanying Visa for my family..."In theory, according to the new laws, on a Study Visa your family cannot accompany you. You may qualify for a Critical Skills Work Visa. Please see attached and tell me if you agree that you fit into at least one Critical Skills category and also which Professional Body you would register with (compulsory)."
It seems I'm having problem with comprehension or what do you all think is happening? Does that mean my family can't join me on accompanying visa as a PhD student? I need help very fast!!!!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Daniel2802(m): 6:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
Please how much will it cost to process a student visa for a pilot course with a SA flying academy that will last a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 16 months and what are the requirements.
Note am not going yet, just enquiring.
Just want to know the cost.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 3:20am On Sep 12, 2014
I was asked to send my original documents to SAQA before eevaluation certificate will be issued.Please advice me
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 3:22am On Sep 12, 2014
Dare14: Please can anyone in the house send me a link to download the South African visiting visa form
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:00am On Sep 12, 2014
Congrats. Just like i mentioned in my earlier thread that you may be lucky to have it processed within a week. My last SA visa renewal came out in two days. I wish you a safe trip to SA.

All the best
sovpounds:

I eventually applied for the visa at VFS in Lagos on Friday, September 5 and I was sent a text message yesterday (September 10) that my processed application has returned to VFS. I was surprised that it took just 3 working days and I applied in the same Lagos that many people on this thread said takes a lot of time. I picked up my visa this morning.

Thank you all for your advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:06am On Sep 12, 2014
Follow this link: www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/nigeria/

Once the site is opened, check the header ''VISA APPLYING PROCESS'' and view STEP 3.

Thereafter, click on application form and it automatically downloads.

Regards [quote author=Aboderinkay][/quote]
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by sovpounds(m): 10:36am On Sep 12, 2014
yinksob002: Congrats. Just like i mentioned in my earlier thread that you may be lucky to have it processed within a week. My last SA visa renewal came out in two days. I wish you a safe trip to SA.

All the best

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
Aboderinkay: I was asked to send my original documents to SAQA before eevaluation certificate will be issued.Please advice me
Don't rush in sending your originals because they will still require your school to confirm through email or letter that you graduated from the school.Please compel your school to respond to Saqa's request by sending a letter or mail to confirm your results. .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FeyiDOT(m): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2014
Hello, I really appreciate everyones contribution on this thrend. I ve some questions.
Pls I want to apply for study permit and I want to know where to apply is it vfs office or their embassy. From their requirement how do I get the medical insurance. Lastly can anyone give me the approximation of the amount for the whole process. Plss I need it urgently to start the process cos I ve to see my supervisor to finalise my phd proposal .thanks
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 9:10am On Sep 13, 2014
yinksob002: I will advise you to send the certified hard copies to the person in question and as well include a letter to SAQA asking them to post a copy of the evaluation certificate to Wits univ. directly upon completion (Note that you will be asked to pay for d postage).

As per your second question, you will still need to send the certified hard copies of your credentials to Wits University. Upon receipt of the certified hard copies, the status on your online portal will change from 'Not certified" to ''Received". (N.B: Ensure that you use a reliable courier coy like DHL).

In terms of processing time, I will advise you to do your SAQA in SA cos it is faster going by my experience. I did mine during my vacation in SA using the 10days option (being the fastest) and it came out in two weeks.

All the best.

Thanks so much, I want to know if SAQA would send evaluation certificate to me in naija and have them send a copy to wits university?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemashie(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2014
FeyiDOT: Hello, I really appreciate everyones contribution on this thrend. I ve some questions.
Pls I want to apply for study permit and I want to know where to apply is it vfs office or their embassy. From their requirement how do I get the medical insurance. Lastly can anyone give me the approximation of the amount for the whole process. Plss I need it urgently to start the process cos I ve to see my supervisor to finalise my phd proposal .thanks
It's now called Study Visa and you can only apply at the Embassies either in Lagos or Abuja. For Med. Insurance, google Ingwe or CompCare and register for 12 months. You can pay with your Visa or Mastercard on the site. For all processes you can budget of 400k covering repatriation, visa, medicals etc. Good luck!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by FeyiDOT(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2014
Thks I will keep u posted
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
chemashie: I need help from experienced people on this thread, I got this mail while trying to source for information on application for accompanying Visa for my family..."In theory, according to the new laws, on a Study Visa your family cannot accompany you. You may qualify for a Critical Skills Work Visa. Please see attached and tell me if you agree that you fit into at least one Critical Skills category and also which Professional Body you would register with (compulsory)."
It seems I'm having problem with comprehension or what do you all think is happening? Does that mean my family can't join me on accompanying visa as a PhD student? I need help very fast!!!!

Boss, I had gotten all the links to reply you since yesterday but forgot to get back here.

I checked the new gazette.
Also, in the provisions for temporary residents (Pages 15 and 16), there is a clause for accompanying children and spouse (subsection 'd' and 'e')
Finally, on the forms to fill for student visa, there is also a space for the information and documents for your accompanying family. With all these evidences, you are allowed to bring in your family members.

Face the person who told you that it's impossible to get accompanying visa for your family with these evidences and see what he/she says.

Secondly, I've heard that you guys at SUN still have a lot of racist folks in your university. However, you should still go to your international office and tell them that not having your family is affecting your academics as you need them to give you moral, family, physical, emotional and sexual support. Just explain that you are at a point in your research where it is important for them to be with you if your academics will go in the right direction and see how they will support you.

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Aboderinkay: I was asked to send my original documents to SAQA before eevaluation certificate will be issued.Please advice me
samtol4: Don't rush in sending your originals because they will still require your school to confirm through email or letter that you graduated from the school.Please compel your school to respond to Saqa's request by sending a letter or mail to confirm your results. .

It is not unusual for SAQA to ask for your originals. I know they asked for mine. However, what I did was send them to my supervisor who then sent someone to Pretoria to SAQA office so they may view it. The person then took the form back to my supervisor who kept it until I got there. So, if you know someone in SA that you trust to keep your originals, you may send them to him/her and pay them to go to Pretoria for you.

From their mail to me, if I didn't send the originals, my certificate would not be ready, despite confirmation from my school.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
chemenger:

Thanks so much, I want to know if SAQA would send evaluation certificate to me in naija and have them send a copy to wits university?

It depends on what you fill on your forms. If you asked them to send to both you and Wits (and paid for that service, of course), then the certificate will be sent to both. If you didn't pay any extra cost, they will post only to you.

I also know of people who ask them to send to addresses of people in SA as it is cheaper and faster. The ones in SA then scan it to them back home.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
TYPOP:

It depends on what you fill on your forms. If you asked them to send to both you and Wits (and paid for that service, of course), then the certificate will be sent to both. If you didn't pay any extra cost, they will post only to you.

I also know of people who ask them to send to addresses of people in SA as it is cheaper and faster. The ones in SA then scan it to them back home.
Thanks and can one use the scanned copy for visa processing in Lagos as you've earlier mentioned Lagos request for saqa?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
yinksob002: I will advise you to send the certified hard copies to the person in question and as well include a letter to SAQA asking them to post a copy of the evaluation certificate to Wits univ. directly upon completion (Note that you will be asked to pay for d postage).

As per your second question, you will still need to send the certified hard copies of your credentials to Wits University. Upon receipt of the certified hard copies, the status on your online portal will change from 'Not certified" to ''Received". (N.B: Ensure that you use a reliable courier coy like DHL).

In terms of processing time, I will advise you to do your SAQA in SA cos it is faster going by my experience. I did mine during my vacation in SA u sing the 10days option (being the fastest) and it came out in two weeks.

All the best.
Can this person in SA print out the scanned copies of the certified transcript, certificate and the international passport sent to him for SAQA instead of sending hard copy to him.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
chemenger:
Thanks and can one use the scanned copy for visa processing in Lagos as you've earlier mentioned Lagos request for saqa?

Yes sir/ma, you may.

chemenger: Can this person in SA print out the scanned copies of the certified transcript, certificate and the international passport sent to him for SAQA instead of sending hard copy to him.

They asked for originals, not certified copies. I believe they have your certified copies already. Meanwhile, they are not asking for your international passport.

May I ask if you have applied already or you are just planning to apply? If you are just planning to apply, then certified copies will do. If they sent you a mail requesting for your originals, then you need to send those.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
My fear is abt the security of my original documents
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2014
hello house,

It's a family situation that has brought me here, as I am not conversant with SA immigration rules. I believe I can get the help I need here. My sister eloped with a man to SA 14 days ago. She told me a lot of things that i find hard believing,hence why am here. Please help me separate the lies from fact.

1. She said she was given a 5 year visit visa from Nigeria? Can this be true? I just find this very hard to believe especially for a first time traveler.
2. She says the man she's with will change her visiting status to either a study permit or work permit or even refugee status...all of these with supposedly thousands of rand. I know this is Africa and corruption is everywhere but is it really possible thru backdoor means to convert your visiting visa to any of the other long term residency visas inside SA.

The man she's with owns his own business in SA.

please any one with an insight into all these?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by femiaction(m): 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Aboderinkay: My fear is abt the security of my original documents
hello guy they sent the same message to my wife requested for her original certificate, she didn't send any original but she went to her university and paid #5000 in order for her school to reply saqa. Go to ur school with your certificate any pay any amount requested from then they will reply SAQA.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
Donxavier: hello house,

It's a family situation that has brought me here, as I am not conversant with SA immigration rules. I believe I can get the help I need here. My sister eloped with a man to SA 14 days ago. She told me a lot of things that i find hard believing,hence why am here. Please help me separate the lies from fact.

1. She said she was given a 5 year visit visa from Nigeria? Can this be true? I just find this very hard to believe especially for a first time traveler.
2. She says the man she's with will change her visiting status to either a study permit or work permit or even refugee status...all of these with supposedly thousands of rand. I know this is Africa and corruption is everywhere but is it really possible thru backdoor means to convert your visiting visa to any of the other long term residency visas inside SA.

The man she's with owns his own business in SA.

please any one with an insight into all these?
. Not Possible. I stand to be corrected
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Sassyp(m): 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
they are probably just deceiving u...maybe they wana swindle you...man be careful nd dont trust nobody man...
harlyon: . Not Possible. I stand to be corrected
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Aboderinkay: 4:50am On Sep 15, 2014
What is the total amount that SARA process will cost?naira equivalent pls
?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 10:17am On Sep 15, 2014
Sure they will.
chemenger:

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by janet5444: 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hello house, pls I need urgent response.tks alot for the vital information on this page.am janet and am presently here in SA on a visitors visa tinkn I will be able to apply for an accompanied spouse permit thru my hubby's exceptional skills permit but d new rule is saying I have to go back home to apply for it.my questions goes thus 1.whc of our naija embassy is favorable for my application though my 3month visa was gotten from abj.2.it seems part of the requirements include my statement of acct n my husband's own..do I av to av huge amount in my acct to apply?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by janet5444: 12:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
3.wana ask if I can apply for study permit from here after i get my accompanied spouse visa. .4.kindly list d requirements for d application. ..just to know if I have all.5.the process is likely to take how long? 6.is the application form going to be dat of normal B1-84 form or the temporary residence permit form.tks in anticipation
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
janet5444: 3.wana ask if I can apply for study permit from here after i get my accompanied spouse visa. .4.kindly list d requirements for d application. ..just to know if I have all.5.the process is likely to take how long? 6.is the application form going to be dat of normal B1-84 form or the temporary residence permit form.tks in anticipation
.List the documents you have and let see what is missing,however why can't you apply for study permit from Nigeria?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by janet5444: 5:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
I jst applied to the skol am looking forward to aving my bHons and d admission letter not yet out..d requirements so far includes letter of invitation from my hubby, his permit page n passport page, letter of introduction from my employer, self introduction letter, statement of account from both of us, flight booking, repatriation fees; medical n radiology result n marriage certificate
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2014
janet5444: I jst applied to the skol am looking forward to aving my bHons and d admission letter not yet out..d requirements so far includes letter of invitation from my hubby, his permit page n passport page, letter of introduction from my employer, self introduction letter, statement of account from both of us, flight booking, repatriation fees; medical n radiology result n marriage certificate
.You are good to go Madam but include your yellow fever card .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chemenger: 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2014
TYPOP:

Yes sir/ma, you may.

They asked for originals, not certified copies. I believe they have your certified copies already. Meanwhile, they are not asking for your international passport.

May I ask if you have applied already or you are just planning to apply? If you are just planning to apply, then certified copies will do. If they sent you a mail requesting for your originals, then you need to send those.

Cheers.
I am about to apply for saqa. The option I have is someone in SA is willing to help do my saqa.
My question is do I need to send hard copy of my doc or scan copy to him?
If I want to do it myself here, would I still need to send hard copy to saqa? if not I will prefer to it here myself
what's the minimum cost of sending a 5-page docs to SA through courier coy?
how reliable is sending a registered mail in Nipost and approximate delivery date?
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (915) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.