Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,535 members, 7,837,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

General South Africa Visa Enquiries - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General South Africa Visa Enquiries (1746651 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (917) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
iraycom: please how much will it cost me to travel to South Africa rent one room in jb and set up a small business since there is no job there please someone should help with positive answer
. The easiest and fastest way to relocate is by STUDY(Education) ,any other route require much documentation.Most students work and study at same time .What do u mean by small business? Any business you want to do in South Africa some people are doing it already,unless your creativity and marketing strategic are strong you will run into debt and deficit .Some shops or stores cost 10krand to 8krand per month depending on the size and location. Can you pay 150k to 100knaira for shop per month? .Business is good avenue to survive in SA but you must have the capital and strategic to succeed. "Since there is no job there".says who? There are jobs but it is survival of the fittest and smartest not certificate thing.Get technical skills before coming so that if your business is not booming ,you use the skills to get job and SURVIVE FIRST .Finally relocating to any country in the world requre having enough knowledge and MONEY before embarking on the trip .
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 4:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
iraycom: please how much will it cost me to travel to South Africa rent one room in jb and set up a small business since there is no job there please someone should help with positive answer
.The issue of jobs depend on many factors ,if you have technical skills like engineering and other related sciences including IT chances are there you get job although not automatic .Don't come with the mentality of getting job but with mindset of crerating jobs and employ people to work for you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 4:36am On Sep 29, 2014
Yeah I received mine last week, which was three weeks late than my postgraduate administrator told me I will get it. So it may be due to internal delays from your department or faculty. Anyways, we're not in October yet which is when letters are mostly issued. I was told the same but requested the faculty to flag my application with my department so it can move through quickly...

Best wishes mate...

yinksob002: Is there anyone in the house who has received his/her admission letter for 2015 postgraduate studies cos i am yet to receive mine.

Just wondering why the response time is so long after submitting all required documents for 4 mths now.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by yinksob002: 7:59am On Sep 29, 2014
Thanks bro and congrats on your admission. All the best
Cypha8: Yeah I received mine last week, which was three weeks late than my postgraduate administrator told me I will get it. So it may be due to internal delays from your department or faculty. Anyways, we're not in October yet which is when letters are mostly issued. I was told the same but requested the faculty to flag my application with my department so it can move through quickly...

Best wishes mate...

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ojodomo2000(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
@ TYPOP, Samtol4 and other nairalanders. Your contributions on this tread have been of immense help, and truth is u dont know what good you are doing to naija visa applicants. Now I still need your help. I was at the SA high commission in Abuja today to submit my application for a study visa (PhD @ Rhodes). The first question the lady asked me was "do you have SAQA". It then dawn on me that this no SAQA thing in ABJ is gone or no more. I need to know how to go about this SAQA stuff bearing the following in mind:

Am I to send just certified copies of my credentials (at this level do I need to add my O'level)?
Are my transcripts required or just certified copies of certificates obtained?
Can I do funds transfer through Form A or credit card (MC), if not, what other easier methods?
Do I have to pay for the evaluation before sending the docs since proof of payment is required?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by opsy4real1: 5:37am On Sep 30, 2014
@samtol, he couldnt get to register with sace after an exhaustive efforts. SACE claims he could only get registered with the body with his work permit as part of the registration requirements. Meaning that IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to get SACE. Cant he apply with just the offer letter and supporting documents? Its been months now he holds employment letter yet he couldnt apply for the visa due to sace. Please guide. other contributors with an idea on going abt it also will be appreciated. Thank you all
samtol4: @opyreal.let him register with SACE (South Africa Council for Educators)it is mandatory for all teachers/instructors to register at SACE.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DrKit: 10:01am On Sep 30, 2014
Hello
I'm replying here for the 1st time. I want to apply for a visiting visa to SA today for a 5-day training today.
I need a clarification on the following:
1. Do i need to pay fro the flight reservation? I booked on hold with SA airways.
2. Do I need to obtain my statement of account from my bank? cos i printed it on my internet banking portal but it was stamped, signed and verified by the bank.

I intend traveling on the 18th, so please treat as urgent.

Thank you.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
ojodomo2000: @ TYPOP, Samtol4 and other nairalanders. Your contributions on this tread have been of immense help, and truth is u dont know what good you are doing to naija visa applicants (Thank you for your kind words). Now I still need your help. I was at the SA high commission in Abuja today to submit my application for a study visa (PhD @ Rhodes). The first question the lady asked me was "do you have SAQA". It then dawn on me that this no SAQA thing in ABJ is gone or no more (maybe they have started to check SAQA). I need to know how to go about this SAQA stuff bearing the following in mind:

Am I to send just certified copies of my credentials (at this level do I need to add my O'level)? Forget O Levels.
Are my transcripts required or just certified copies of certificates obtained? Certified copies of transcripts are also needed.
Can I do funds transfer through Form A or credit card (MC), if not, what other easier methods? You can use your ATM
Do I have to pay for the evaluation before sending the docs since proof of payment is required? No sir. Pay first, then attach proof of payment. Otherwise, you will have to pay another fee for reactivating your application after they suspend it due to lack of payments.

My replies are in your question, boldned.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
DrKit: Hello
I'm replying here for the 1st time. I want to apply for a visiting visa to SA today for a 5-day training today.
I need a clarification on the following:
1. Do i need to pay fro the flight reservation? I booked on hold with SA airways.
2. Do I need to obtain my statement of account from my bank? cos i printed it on my internet banking portal but it was stamped, signed and verified by the bank.

I intend traveling on the 18th, so please treat as urgent.

Thank you.

Hmmmmm, considering that they deny people with legitimate documents based on flimsy excuses, I would advise you get it from the bank.

Cheers.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by DrKit: 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2014
@typop. Thanks for your advice.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ojodomo2000(m): 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
TYPOP:
Cheers.
Thanks TYPOP. Your response couldn't have been anymore timely. Cheers!
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Cypha8: 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
yinksob002: Thanks bro and congrats on your admission. All the best

Thank you. Update us on the status of your admission letter when you get it.

Best wishes...
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
RCL Foods is accepting applications for our 2015 Management Trainee Program. Our Group believes in developing business leaders for tomorrow and our Management Trainee Programme forms an integral part in achieving this. We are seeking Engineering students (Industrial, Electronics and Mechanical) who have already obtained a Bachelor’s Degree/ BTech qualification, or who are currently completing their final year of study. You will be employed in a permanent position where you will gain practical experience through working on projects, in a real job where you are given responsibility and ownership over what you do. You will obtain valuable experience within your field of study, and learn from our GCC qualified Engineering Managers, Maintenance Managers and Plant Engineers, within a dynamic environment. In addition to on- the- job experience, you will be developed through internal and external training courses, mentors and a structured developmental plan. Our Engineering program is customised to produce highly professional, effective Engineers. You will be based in Westville, Pietermaritzburg or Rustenburg in a state of the art, mechanised plant or mill, or corporate environment. You will learn about food manufacturing processes and Engineering Best practise, as well as get to work with boilers and refrigeration equipment, and gain exposure to ISO standards, budgets, CAPEX projects and audits. Requirements:
•Bachelor’s Degree or BTech in Electrical/ Industrial/ Mechanical Engineering- already obtained or final year of study
•60% overall academic average
•Team players with strong leadership capacity
•Excellent communication and analytical skills
•Less than one year work experience
•Strong Computer literacy
APPLY ONLINE: www.rclfoods.com/careers
REAL JOB, REAL EXPERIENCE, REAL
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by samtol4(m): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2014
ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT TRAINEES RCL Foods is accepting applications for our 2015 Management Trainee Program. Our Group believes in developing business leaders for tomorrow and our Management Trainee Programme forms an integral part in achieving this. We are seeking Engineering students (Industrial, Electronics and Mechanical) who have already obtained a Bachelor’s Degree/ BTech qualification, or who are currently completing their final year of study. You will be employed in a permanent position where you will gain practical experience through working on projects, in a real job where you are given responsibility and ownership over what you do. You will obtain valuable experience within your field of study, and learn from our GCC qualified Engineering Managers, Maintenance Managers and Plant Engineers, within a dynamic environment. In addition to on- the- job experience, you will be developed through internal and external training courses, mentors and a structured developmental plan. Our Engineering program is customised to produce highly professional, effective Engineers. You will be based in Westville, Pietermaritzburg or Rustenburg in a state of the art, mechanised plant or mill, or corporate environment. You will learn about food manufacturing processes and Engineering Best practise, as well as get to work with boilers and refrigeration equipment, and gain exposure to ISO standards, budgets, CAPEX projects and audits. Requirements:
•Bachelor’s Degree or BTech in Electrical/ Industrial/ Mechanical Engineering- already obtained or final year of study
•60% overall academic average
•Team players with strong leadership capacity
•Excellent communication and analytical skills
•Less than one year work experience
•Strong Computer literacy
APPLY ONLINE: www.rclfoods.com/careers
REAL JOB, REAL EXPERIENCE, REAL PEOPLE
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ojodomo2000(m): 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
ojodomo2000:
Thanks TYPOP. Your response couldn't have been anymore timely. Cheers!
@TYPOP can you clarify further on how I can use my ATM card to pay for the SAQA fee. Also, can I scan or fax my certified docs with d payment receipt to anyone in SA to submit for me at SAQA's office?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by ojodomo2000(m): 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2014
TYPOP:

Cheers.
@TYPOP can you clarify further on how I can use my ATM
card to pay for the SAQA fee. Also, can I scan or fax my
certified docs with d payment receipt to anyone in SA to
submit for me at SAQA's office?
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by chukwuebuka1(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2014
please sir i am a southafrica three months visa holder,sir what i want to know is that with the three months visa i am holding if i arrived in south africa can i equally travell to the next neighbouring country called botswana.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2014
so like i was saying before the ever annoying @justwise closed my thread.... please reasonable people shod advise on details below.

Hello friends,

Here I am again doing my favourite thing of all.... ''finding out''

I am planning a 1 week trip to south africa in about a week or two, this trip was originally supposed to be embarked upon by myself and my colleague so I didn't think there would be any reason for this in the first place until I got caught up in business and she had to go alone during the wallah break.

Going to SA alone would probably be boring.... in fact I have a feeling I will fall sick if i can't at least have fun there reason being that I work 7days a week in Nigeria and practically on my system 20hrs a day trying to sort our clients and all..... thankfully majority of them are out of the country and here is my chance to at least unwind and help my rigid self experience a new vibe.....

I would love to make some resident friends for my one week stay though I'm yet to finalise if i'll wanna stay in jo'burg or cape town...

Any advise would be appreciated.

Ciao
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
drumma:
so like i was saying before the ever annoying @justwise closed my thread.... please reasonable people shod advise on details below.

Hello friends,

I am planning a 1 week trip to south africa in about a week or two, this trip was originally supposed to be embarked upon by myself and my colleague so I didn't think there would be any reason for this in the first place until I got caught up in business and she had to go alone during the wallah break.

Going to SA alone would probably be boring.... in fact I have a feeling I will fall sick if i can't at least have fun there reason being that I work 7days a week in Nigeria and practically on my system 20hrs a day trying to sort our clients and all..... thankfully majority of them are out of the country and here is my chance to at least unwind and help my rigid self experience a new vibe.....

I would love to make some resident friends for my one week stay though I'm yet to finalise if i'll wanna stay in jo'burg or cape town...

Ciao
You are such an ingrate, i directed you to the appropriate thread where you will get an answer to your question but you have the gut to moan about it. I know exactly what to do next time you post out of place.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 12:36pm On Oct 05, 2014
Block me off nairaland... Thats pretty much it aint it #go back to ManU match*

Thanks anyways... One day me and u go beat ourselves like small children. *kisses*

justwise:
[b]
You are such an ingrate, i directed you to the appropriate thread where you will get an answer to your question but you have the gut to moan about it. I know exactly what to do next time you post out of place.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
ojodomo2000:

@TYPOP can you clarify further on how I can use my ATM
card to pay for the SAQA fee. Also, can I scan or fax my
certified docs with d payment receipt to anyone in SA to
submit for me at SAQA's office?
ojodomo2000:

@TYPOP can you clarify further on how I can use my ATM card to pay for the SAQA fee. Also, can I scan or fax my certified docs with d payment receipt to anyone in SA to submit for me at SAQA's office?

You must have activated your ATM card for online payments. If you haven't, go to your bank and let them activate it for you. They should teach you how to make payments online. Even if I tell you how, without activation from your bank, I doubt it will go through (unless your bank automatically activates all cards).

BTW, I may be wrong. It's been some time out of Naija. Things might have changed. Others will correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by TYPOP(m): 10:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
chukwuebuka1:
please sir i am a southafrica three months visa holder,sir what i want to know is that with the three months visa i am holding if i arrived in south africa can i equally travell to the next neighbouring country called botswana.

Your question is not clear. I'm assuming you hold a 3 month visa to SA. The big question is, on your visa page, what are the conditions written there? That will guide you as to how to proceed.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 7:53pm On Oct 06, 2014
drumma:

Hello friends,

Ciao
. Hit me up.I stay in lyndhurst Johannesburg
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by seangy4konji: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2014
Nice one.thinking of USA now. Can come dere anytime. Like Pretoria sha.
TYPOP:

Depending on the area, yes! Probably more.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 11:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
Eyahh looks like i'll be ending up in cape town.... guess that's quite distant for you...

harlyon:
. Hit me up.I stay in lyndhurst Johannesburg
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2014
drumma:
Eyahh looks like i'll be ending up in cape town.... guess that's quite distant for you...

ok.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by harlyon(m): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2014
justwise:
[b]
. Does that makes him an ingrate?

1 Like

Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Canadidacy(m): 7:15am On Oct 09, 2014
Hello, South African Forumites,well done.
I applied & got south Africa visa early september on condition that entry must not exceed 30days each and must enter on or before november 30th. Am a bit busy now & can't travel till middle nov. I intend to spend 2 weeks there.
1))Should I still use the then to be nearly expired visa?
2)) What if I decide not to go , won't it affect my chances of getting a visa from them in the future?
Response awaited, thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 8:20am On Oct 09, 2014
Your 2 weeks must not exceed 30th, I really don't know what you're going to do there for 2weeks though.... I think my visa is expiring about the same time and I can't even think of spending that much time in that country unless a gurl ties me down....... going on sunday and im only spending 4days biko.... as for the not using the visa? why don't you wait till you wanna reapply to find out the answer to your quest.

Canadidacy:
Hello, South African Forumites,well done.
I applied & got south Africa visa early september on condition that entry must not exceed 30days each and must enter on or before november 30th. Am a bit busy now & can't travel till middle nov. I intend to spend 2 weeks there.
1))Should I still use the then to be nearly expired visa?
2)) What if I decide not to go , won't it affect my chances of getting a visa from them in the future?
Response awaited, thanks.
Re: General South Africa Visa Enquiries by Canadidacy(m): 10:06am On Oct 09, 2014
drumma:
Your 2 weeks must not exceed 30th, I really don't know what you're going to do there for 2weeks though.... I think my visa is expiring about the same time and I can't even think of spending that much time in that country unless a gurl ties me down....... going on sunday and im only spending 4days biko.... as for the not using the visa? why don't you wait till you wanna reapply to find out the answer to your quest.

*smiles @...girls. I don't really have anything really important to do there, just want to see the country and visit some old friends.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (917) (Reply)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion.

Viewing this topic: TobzzyGold(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.