Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ (13902 Views)

Nobel Prize For Conceding Defeat?: Stop Insulting GEJ. / Stop Insulting GEJ !!! / Stop Insulting Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Beaf: 5:57pm On May 24, 2012
fork adict:

To prove that you don't have a life. You are unarguably, the most despised and disliked nairalander. As such, on most political posts, people hurl insults at you which in my opinion is only normal given your unimaginable level of stooooopidity. But then you have more than enough time to reply everyone. and on every post. Do you know how many man hours we are talking about here?

Like i said on some other post, i ALWAYS feel like throwing up on your face anytime you show up on any thread.

Yet, almost daily, I get friend requests? Those who insult me because they cannot cope with my intellectual output are the same gutter bred, toilet creature, ACN luv'n, bigoted NURTW types that insult GEJ. Remind you of you? Lol! grin
I think the truth really hurt you, so here it is again:

Beaf:

Don't be jealous, bro. [b]Fhemmy [/b]is not like you, he is well brought up, well mannered and always balanced.
Anyways, what can be expected of person who chooses an id like "fork adict?"

Comedy!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Demdem(m): 5:58pm On May 24, 2012
Actually my president the retardeen is very daft.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 24, 2012
A wise man once said: "Good name is better than riches."

Who remembers Shagari?? No one!!! But most Nigerians still remember Gani Fawehinmi (pardon my spelling)....

Who remembers the first black billionare?? And the guy is neither Oprah Winfrey, Bob Johnson nor Dangote..

The first black billionaire was REGINALD LEWIS, but who remembers him?? No one!!! But everyone remembers Marcus Garvey, Du Bois, Malcolm X etc...

GEJ chose riches, and he shouldn't expect a good name.. He would be forgotten once he's out of there like Shagari...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by maasoap(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2012
Because he is just incompetent and clueless about governance. Because he doesn't seem to understand learning-on-the-job too. Even, all past military heads of state performed better than him. Because he has taken corruption to the higher level. Because he was not ready to become a president. Because he relies on luck for good governance. Because he knows that he is not a general but doesn't know that he is commander-in-chief of the armed forces of the FRN.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Coldfaya(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2012
dayokanu: Who is insulting retardeen? How can calling a man what he is, be termed as insultive?

kai!! U wicked. Lmfao.
@ poster; every public official should be ready 4 such. Der r millions of ppl who wn't agree wit u no mata wat, so its normal. Go ask OBJ
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by ceaser: 6:25pm On May 24, 2012
PeterKbaba:

God bless you... when obj was there, it was mostly yorubas that were always insulting him and also protesting... An igbo man would rather die in silence because the man come from their tribe, knowing well the man and his cronies are eating all their resources bad
Actually I think the Yorubas are most times objective in their criticisms. They don't care if you're from their tribe or not, if you fumble and perform below expectation, they simply treat your Bleep up and deal decisively with you. Ask OBJ, Bode George, Fayose, Segun Oni Reuben Abati et al. Heck, they're even ready to deliver their sons up for justice if the latter breaks the laws. They're usually particular about this "good family name and honour" thingy akin to the chinese's beliefs. Need I say more?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by mjconcept(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2012
PeterKbaba:

I hate both jonathan and his party pdp with a passion.
Aha and that has blindfolded you.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Emilord(m): 6:26pm On May 24, 2012
The situation is obvious now.i don't know why this post makes the front page.The question should be,poster what was on your mind about Gej performances when you were writing this post?dats d y
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by maasoap(m): 6:27pm On May 24, 2012
Wily+Wily:
The people that like insulting Jonathan are mainly Yorubas, it was a shock to them that Ijaw man is the president, they couldn't believe their eye, the shock have caused them Brain malfunctioning.
I believe you were brain dead during 2011 presidential election when Yoruba gave him 5 states out 6.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by guchieberry(m): 6:29pm On May 24, 2012
"Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown". When you understand the sleepless nites he goes thru, u wld stop the hating, and rather, pray for his success.
fterall, lotsa people criticizing him will even do worse
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by ceaser: 6:32pm On May 24, 2012
Godogwu: Every president has his critics, even Obama has a wide range of them, therefore it is no surprise that GEJ has some too. Most people just started hating on the guy after the price of gasoline increased( the whole subsidy saga). Personally I don't believe he is the perfect president, there is never one..... But I have heard him talk, watched his interviews and I will say that he has great plans for the country. I'm really not into the whole tribalistic debate, the president can come from anywhere....I don't really care, what intrest me is our country's growth and indeed we have started to achieve that growth (the third fastest growing world economy). If someone died in 2000 and was resurrected this year, that person will notice the great positive change in the country. Finally, bad mouthing Nigeria or the president will most definitely not better the situation of the country, same thing as tribalism...... Nigeria needs its citizens to believe that one day, in the nearest future it will be proclaimed a first world country. smiley
Liar! Liar! bug on the wall!If someone died in 2000 and was resurrected this year, that person will'd prefered getting resurrected in Ghana and woulda regretted ever getting resurrected in Nigeria. Things have worsened. Third fastest growing economy my foot. Who you be sef to try to take us for fools in this forum? Oh, yeah I get it, you've been possessed by GEJ's lying spirit.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Silva79(f): 6:32pm On May 24, 2012
When a president says 9jirians should get used 2 bombings! Bia how du u xpect me 2 respect such a retard?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by eddydey(m): 6:33pm On May 24, 2012
uneasy lies the head that wears the crown !
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by mjconcept(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2012
Silva79: When a president says 9jirians should get used 2 bombings! Bia how du u xpect me 2 respect such a retard?
Then criticize him not insult.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by maasoap(m): 6:39pm On May 24, 2012
Wily+Wily:
If Jonathan do heaven and earth to the Yorubas, they will still insult him, only want they want is for him to vacate that office, they are not happy Ijaw man is the president, if Jonathan is corrupt where are we going to place Awolowo, as the finance minister conspired with his Yoruba kinsmen and unleash the worst looting of Nigeria Coffers.
Ok,Jonathan learnt to be corrupt from Awolowo.
Is time Nigeria police and Efcc arrest Awos wife HID and her children, they have to return the money Awolowo Embezzled.
EFCC arrest HID Awolowo now.
Yorubas don't need heaven and earth from him, he should just fulfill his electioneering promises.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by cindyrella(f): 6:40pm On May 24, 2012
Respect is earned, not demanded
He will earn my respect when he stops being a Dumb fool.
Before then he should try to get used to it...
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by maasoap(m): 6:40pm On May 24, 2012
Wily+Wily:
If Jonathan do heaven and earth to the Yorubas, they will still insult him, only want they want is for him to vacate that office, they are not happy Ijaw man is the president, if Jonathan is corrupt where are we going to place Awolowo, as the finance minister conspired with his Yoruba kinsmen and unleash the worst looting of Nigeria Coffers.
Ok,Jonathan learnt to be corrupt from Awolowo.
Is time Nigeria police and Efcc arrest Awos wife HID and her children, they have to return the money Awolowo Embezzled.
EFCC arrest HID Awolowo now.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Emilord(m): 6:40pm On May 24, 2012
ceaser: Liar! Liar! bug on the wall!If someone died in 2000 and was resurrected this year, that person will'd prefered getting resurrected in Ghana and woulda regretted ever getting resurrected in Nigeria. Things have worsened. Third fastest growing economy my foot. Who you be sef to try to take us for fools in this forum? Oh, yeah I get it, you've been possessed by GEJ's lying spirit.
@CEASER well said man,sum pple tink that all nairalanders are dummies.imagine saying 9jiria d third fastest growing economy in the world.godogwu you go ask brazil,south-africa,mexico,india and the rest what fastest growing economy means oh....
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Clerverly: 6:50pm On May 24, 2012
Beaf:

Yet, almost daily, I get friend requests? Those who insult me because they cannot cope with my intellectual output are the same gutter bred, toilet creature, ACN luv'n, bigoted NURTW types that insult GEJ. Remind you of you? Lol! grin
I think the truth really hurt you, so here it is again:

D[b]ont be suprised, the so-called friends only want to unveil and give you an animal treatment because you ve been a suspect for so long. angry angry grin[/b]
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Beaf2: 6:54pm On May 24, 2012
Enough am SORRY
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by dayokanu(m): 6:57pm On May 24, 2012
Beaf:

I never ever used a derogatory name on Yar Adua, much as I hated his govt. I'm talking here even at the height of the AWOL in Saudi saga here.
If you are saying that the geography of those who freely insulted Yar Adua (especially when he was ill) is the same geography as those insulting GEJ, then you are telling us a lot indeed. You actually want us to believe it is a cultural thing.

Unfortunately for coarse types like you, you will always seek company. You will always claim that the gutter ways peculiar to you, are a cultural thing when they clearly arent.

Up ACN, the party for NURTW and dayokanu types! grin

How come we never saw any moaning from bigots like you when OBJ was president and insulted daily?

How come we never saw moaning from you when Yar Adua was insulted daily

Now its Retardeens turn you now carry bucket dey wail inside
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by lasgidiboy1: 7:06pm On May 24, 2012
G - Goat

E - Eating

J - Junkie
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Wallie(m): 7:09pm On May 24, 2012
This is my belief based on my interaction on Nairaland:

1. Nigerians in general, especially those posting on this forum, are quick to curse you out or be disrespectful towards you when they do not agree with you. I think the anonymity of the web adds to it because people that will call you “sir” in person will call you “stupid” even when you hold a concurring view! I don’t like how Beaf, a person supposedly representing GEJ’s government, gets tangled up in all the cursing and name calling but I completely understand even if I do not agree with his point of view at times. People will test your civility and you’ll be forced to respond - even I do but I only represent me.:-) I would suggest Beaf should learn to ignore some posts.

2. Even with Yoruba’s culture of respect towards elders, Yorubas are more likely to voice their displeasure towards anybody even if the person is from the same tribe. In general, Yorubas will only respect you if you deserve to be respected and that includes members of their family.

3. Most of the insult towards GEJ is out of displeasure/frustration with his administration and not tribalism. If it were tribalism, people (Yorubas, Igbos, and Hausas) would not have voted for him.

4. We don’t all have to agree and that’s the beauty of democracy but try not to lose the message you’re trying to convey in your insults! You might be making a very important point but people might not get past the insult to see the merits of your arguments.

5. Lastly, we all share a common enemy - they look like us and also speak the same dialect as us! They are the ones responsible for the ongoing decay in Nigeria that directly or indirectly affects us and they are Yorubas, Igbos, Hausas, Ijaws, Tivs etc. The fact that they're from your tribe or share the same religion as you should be completely irrelevant!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by sunkoye: 7:13pm On May 24, 2012
Y won't pple insult him...huh? See wat I just got!

President Jonathan In N155 Billion SCAM - By timkola

"24/05/2012 12:13:00 Idris Akinbajo

The president, his associates and some ministers have been named in a monumental money laundering scandal, one of the most elaborate in Nigeria's history
PREMIUM TIMES can reveal today that the N155billion secretly paid to convicted money launderer, Dan Etete, by the Federal Government, on the orders of President Goodluck Jonathan, was actually a slush fund, with a huge chunk of it ending in bank accounts of cronies and business associates of government officials and at least one individual with links to Mr. Jonathan.
Our investigation also indicates that in order to cover up what is clearly one of the most elaborate corruption schemes in Nigerias history, the president tapped the junior minister in the finance ministry, Yerima Ngama, and Attorney General Mohammed Adoke to hurriedly transfer the funds to Mr. Etete on August 16, 2011, a day before the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, assumed office.
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala was not available Friday to comment on her knowledge of the transaction. Her spokesperson, Paul Nwabuikwu, said she was away in Zimbabwe on an official engagement.
This website had on Monday reported how the Nigerian subsidiaries of two multinational oil companies Nigeria Agip Exploration Limited (Agip) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (Shell) paid $1.1billion (N155billion) to the Federal Government in April last year for onward transmission to Malabu Oil whose principal is Mr. Etete.

Our subsequent investigations later showed that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had indeed investigated the deal, concluding that the transaction pointed at a cloudy scene associated with fraudulent dealings.
The EFCC investigation also clearly established that Mr. Etetes Malabu only served as a money laundering machine, as substantial parts of the funds was later transferred to various accounts owned by real and artificial persons suspected to have links with the presidency and other government officials.
Presidency sources familiar with the matter say the EFCC intimated President Jonathan and Mr. Adoke of its findings.
But I can tell you that the investigation has suffered a setback since the presidency got wind of it, one of our sources said. There is high-level complicity in the deal and there is therefore high-level cover up. The report is gathering dust on the presidents desk.
Mr. Jonathans spokesperson, Reuben Abati, could not be reached on his mobile telephones to comment for this story Friday. And so also was Mr. Adoke. Mr. Ngama did not return calls to his mobile telephone.
Relying on court papers in the United States (where some consultants have sued Malabo for breach of contract), checks at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and on its own investigations, the EFCC established that a prima facie case of conspiracy, breach of trust, theft and money laundering can be established against some real and artificial persons.

The beneficiaries
At the heart of this brazen theft of public funds is one Abubakar Aliyu, a man whom top presidency and EFCC sources described as Mr. Corruption and who has very close business ties with Diepreiye Alamiesegha, convicted former governor of Bayelsa state.
Mr. Alamiesegha, the self-styled governor-general of the Ijaw nation, is the man who picked Mr. Jonathan as his running mate in the 1999 governorship election in Bayelsa state and whom Mr. Jonathan succeeded in office after the former was impeached over corruption charges.
The disgraced former governor played a major role in Mr. Jonathans election last year, serving as both an adviser and a top campaign official.
Mr. Aliyu, through companies co-owned by him, received direct payments of $523mn (N81bn) from the largesse. Investigators believe that the businessman, introduced to the president by Mr. Alamieyeseigha, was Mr. Jonathans front in the transaction.
Mr. Aliyu is however not new to corrupt deals. One of his companies was recently found to be involved in a shady deal which involved the buying of a landed property from a government agency (NITEL) for N1billion and then reselling the same property to another government agency (CBN) for N21billion.
He allegedly used his links with late President Musa YarAdua and President Jonathan to broker the deals, and then reportedly paid kickbacks to some government officials.
Mr. Adoke, the current Justice Minister was named in that deal too just as sources believe he played a major role in the sharing of the N155billion largesse.

Sharing the money
On August 16, 2011, Mr. Adoke and the Minister of State for Finance, Yerima Ngama, coordinated the payment of a first tranche of $401.5million (N60billion) into a First Bank account 2018288005 belonging to Malabu.
Another $400millionn (N60billion) was, based on the duos instructions, transferred into a Malabu Bank PHB (now Keystone bank) account 3610042472 from a Nigerian government account with JP Morgan International Bank. The balance of the funds was reportedly lodged into Mr. Etetes account with Zenith Bank.
Immediately Malabu received the money, the distribution began. Rocky Top Resources Limited, co-owned by Mr. Aliyu received $336 million (N50bn) from the Malabu Keystone Bank deposit. Other companies that got money from the Malabu curious transfers include A-Group Construction Company, also co-owned by Mr. Aliyu. It received $157mn (N24bn), while Novel Property and Development Limited, also co-owned by Mr. Aliyu got $30 million (N4.5bn).
Companies not linked to Mr. Aliyu but got money from Malabu include Mega Tech Engr Co. Ltd, which received $180 million (N27bn) and Imperial Union Limited, $34million (N5.1bn).
Sources say these companies, like Mr. Aliyus, simply acted as fronts for political office holders, who helped to facilitate the transfer, as they have no basis to receive such huge sums of money from Malabu. The EFCC has also not identified what task these companies performed to deserve the payments.
Reasons for this payment is yet to be ascertained, the commission said.
Long before the largesse was shared however, Malabu had become a company renowned for shady deals.

A history of fraud
According to investigators, through conspiracy, forgery, uttering forged document, criminal misappropriation and money laundering, Mr. Etete and Malabu Oil had been involved in illegalities since its formation.
Formed on April 24, 1998, Malabu Oil had three shareholders: Mohammed Sani (Abacha, son of late military dictator Sani Abacha), Kweku Amafagha (who was representing Dan Etete on the board), and Hassan Hindu (representing her husband, Hassan Lawal, a former Nigerian High Commissioner to the UK). Mr. Sani owned 10 million of the 20 million shares in the company; Mr. Etete six million and Mr. Hassan, four million.
Five days after the company was formed and registered at the CAC, it got two oil blocks awarded to it by the then military government: OPL 245 and OPL 214.
Mr. Etete was petroleum minister at the time.
Controversy however trailed the oil blocks as President Olusegun Obasanjo, in 2001, revoked the allocations, giving OPL 245 to Shell.
After several court cases in Nigeria and overseas between Malabu, Shell, and the Federal Government, the oil blocks were re-awarded to Malabu in 2010.

Scheming out Abacha
Following a secret resolution on the oil block with the Federal Government, Mr. Etete decided to edge out Mr. Abacha from the ownership of Malabu. It is not clear if this is one of the conditions the Federal Government gave to Mr. Etete during the negotiations.
However at an extraordinary general meeting of Malabu on June 9, 2010, Mr. Abacha and a company related to him, Pecos Energy, were removed as shareholders of Malabu. The new owners (believed to be fronts for Mr. Etete) became Munamuma Seidougha and Amaran Joseph, both of whom had 10 million shares each.
These changes, the EFCC stated gave rise to a lot of moral and ethical question that can necessitate an objective and full blown investigation into the matter.
Mr. Abacha however fought back fiercely. Sensing that he had been schemed out and aware that Mr. Etete was already negotiating with Shell and Agip, he decided to act.

The Shell, Agip, FG, Etete conspiracy
PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Ednan Agaev, an international counsel hired by Malabu told the Supreme Court of New York in an affidavit that he was appointed by Malabu to find an investor for OPL245.
One John Coplestone of SHELL, a party to the negotiation informed him that Mohammed Sani (Abacha) is laying claim over OPL 245, the EFCC stated. An AGIP official also told Mr. Agaev that in view of the new claim by Mohammed Sani (Abacha), a direct deal with Malabu would not be possible.
Mr. Agaev then informed Mr. Etete of the new development and suggested a way out.
To put off Mr. Sani (Abacha) from realizing his claim, The FGN (should) take back the oil block from Malabu, transfer the rights to ENI AGIP/Shell and pay Malabu a compensation from the payments made by ENI AGIP and Shell,
The oil companies agreed accepted the proposal. By the end of March 2011, the FGN seemed to have acted with the suggestion, the EFCC said.
This new evidence gathered by the EFCC contradicts the claims of Shell, who through its spokesman, Precious Okolobo, denied knowing that Malabu was to be the recipient of its payment.
Shell was not aware that that money was to be paid to Malabu, Mr. Okolobo had told PREMIUM TIMES.

Kind Regards/Viele Gre

Tochukwu EZEOKE
Reading, Berkshire, UK
Tel. +447748612933
"Dibia n'ako otoro, okonyere ike ya n' elu? Inu Ndi-Igbo"

2 Com
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by NEROSKY(m): 7:14pm On May 24, 2012
i tfink he deserves no plaudit
cuz he has done more harm than good..the most painfull thing he did is removing the fuel subsidy in new year day(where those who travelled home were stockt due to abrupt hike or increase in general price of everything)..am steady in lagos and enugu and i see no paliatives he claim to be bringing in..infact Gej sucksi tfink he deserves no plaudit
cuz he has done more harm than good..the most painfull thing he did is removing the fuel subsidy in new year day(where those who travelled home were stockt due to abrupt hike or increase in general price of everything)..am steady in lagos and enugu and i see no paliatives he claim to be bringing in..infact Gej sucks
i tfink he deserves no plaudit
cuz he has done more harm than good..the most painfull thing he did is removing the fuel subsidy in new year day(where those who travelled home were stockt due to abrupt hike or increase in general price of everything)..am steady in lagos and enugu and i see no paliatives he claim to be bringing in..infact Gej sucks
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by sunkoye: 7:24pm On May 24, 2012
Y won't pple insult him...huh?

The president, his associates and some ministers have been named in a monumental money laundering scandal, one of the most elaborate in Nigeria's history
PREMIUM TIMES can reveal today that the N155billion secretly paid to convicted money launderer, Dan Etete, by the Federal Government, on the orders of President Goodluck Jonathan, was actually a slush fund, with a huge chunk of it ending in bank accounts of cronies and business associates of government officials and at least one individual with links to Mr. Jonathan.
Our investigation also indicates that in order to cover up what is clearly one of the most elaborate corruption schemes in Nigerias history, the president tapped the junior minister in the finance ministry, Yerima Ngama, and Attorney General Mohammed Adoke to hurriedly transfer the funds to Mr. Etete on August 16, 2011, a day before the Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, assumed office.
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala was not available Friday to comment on her knowledge of the transaction. Her spokesperson, Paul Nwabuikwu, said she was away in Zimbabwe on an official engagement.
This website had on Monday reported how the Nigerian subsidiaries of two multinational oil companies Nigeria Agip Exploration Limited (Agip) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (Shell) paid $1.1billion (N155billion) to the Federal Government in April last year for onward transmission to Malabu Oil whose principal is Mr. Etete.

Our subsequent investigations later showed that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had indeed investigated the deal, concluding that the transaction pointed at a cloudy scene associated with fraudulent dealings.
The EFCC investigation also clearly established that Mr. Etetes Malabu only served as a money laundering machine, as substantial parts of the funds was later transferred to various accounts owned by real and artificial persons suspected to have links with the presidency and other government officials.
Presidency sources familiar with the matter say the EFCC intimated President Jonathan and Mr. Adoke of its findings.
But I can tell you that the investigation has suffered a setback since the presidency got wind of it, one of our sources said. There is high-level complicity in the deal and there is therefore high-level cover up. The report is gathering dust on the presidents desk.
Mr. Jonathans spokesperson, Reuben Abati, could not be reached on his mobile telephones to comment for this story Friday. And so also was Mr. Adoke. Mr. Ngama did not return calls to his mobile telephone.
Relying on court papers in the United States (where some consultants have sued Malabo for breach of contract), checks at the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and on its own investigations, the EFCC established that a prima facie case of conspiracy, breach of trust, theft and money laundering can be established against some real and artificial persons.

The beneficiaries
At the heart of this brazen theft of public funds is one Abubakar Aliyu, a man whom top presidency and EFCC sources described as Mr. Corruption and who has very close business ties with Diepreiye Alamiesegha, convicted former governor of Bayelsa state.
Mr. Alamiesegha, the self-styled governor-general of the Ijaw nation, is the man who picked Mr. Jonathan as his running mate in the 1999 governorship election in Bayelsa state and whom Mr. Jonathan succeeded in office after the former was impeached over corruption charges.
The disgraced former governor played a major role in Mr. Jonathans election last year, serving as both an adviser and a top campaign official.
Mr. Aliyu, through companies co-owned by him, received direct payments of $523mn (N81bn) from the largesse. Investigators believe that the businessman, introduced to the president by Mr. Alamieyeseigha, was Mr. Jonathans front in the transaction.
Mr. Aliyu is however not new to corrupt deals. One of his companies was recently found to be involved in a shady deal which involved the buying of a landed property from a government agency (NITEL) for N1billion and then reselling the same property to another government agency (CBN) for N21billion.
He allegedly used his links with late President Musa YarAdua and President Jonathan to broker the deals, and then reportedly paid kickbacks to some government officials.
Mr. Adoke, the current Justice Minister was named in that deal too just as sources believe he played a major role in the sharing of the N155billion largesse.

Sharing the money
On August 16, 2011, Mr. Adoke and the Minister of State for Finance, Yerima Ngama, coordinated the payment of a first tranche of $401.5million (N60billion) into a First Bank account 2018288005 belonging to Malabu.
Another $400millionn (N60billion) was, based on the duos instructions, transferred into a Malabu Bank PHB (now Keystone bank) account 3610042472 from a Nigerian government account with JP Morgan International Bank. The balance of the funds was reportedly lodged into Mr. Etetes account with Zenith Bank.
Immediately Malabu received the money, the distribution began. Rocky Top Resources Limited, co-owned by Mr. Aliyu received $336 million (N50bn) from the Malabu Keystone Bank deposit. Other companies that got money from the Malabu curious transfers include A-Group Construction Company, also co-owned by Mr. Aliyu. It received $157mn (N24bn), while Novel Property and Development Limited, also co-owned by Mr. Aliyu got $30 million (N4.5bn).
Companies not linked to Mr. Aliyu but got money from Malabu include Mega Tech Engr Co. Ltd, which received $180 million (N27bn) and Imperial Union Limited, $34million (N5.1bn).
Sources say these companies, like Mr. Aliyus, simply acted as fronts for political office holders, who helped to facilitate the transfer, as they have no basis to receive such huge sums of money from Malabu. The EFCC has also not identified what task these companies performed to deserve the payments.
Long before the largesse was shared however, Malabu had become a company renowned for shady deals.

A history of fraud
According to investigators, through conspiracy, forgery, uttering forged document, criminal misappropriation and money laundering, Mr. Etete and Malabu Oil had been involved in illegalities since its formation.
Formed on April 24, 1998, Malabu Oil had three shareholders: Mohammed Sani (Abacha, son of late military dictator Sani Abacha), Kweku Amafagha (who was representing Dan Etete on the board), and Hassan Hindu (representing her husband, Hassan Lawal, a former Nigerian High Commissioner to the UK). Mr. Sani owned 10 million of the 20 million shares in the company; Mr. Etete six million and Mr. Hassan, four million.
Five days after the company was formed and registered at the CAC, it got two oil blocks awarded to it by the then military government: OPL 245 and OPL 214.
Controversy however trailed the oil blocks as President Olusegun Obasanjo, in 2001, revoked the allocations, giving OPL 245 to Shell.
After several court cases in Nigeria and overseas between Malabu, Shell, and the Federal Government, the oil blocks were re-awarded to Malabu in 2010.

Scheming out Abacha
Following a secret resolution on the oil block with the Federal Government, Mr. Etete decided to edge out Mr. Abacha from the ownership of Malabu. It is not clear if this is one of the conditions the Federal Government gave to Mr. Etete during the negotiations.
However at an extraordinary general meeting of Malabu on June 9, 2010, Mr. Abacha and a company related to him, Pecos Energy, were removed as shareholders of Malabu. The new owners (believed to be fronts for Mr. Etete) became Munamuma Seidougha and Amaran Joseph, both of whom had 10 million shares each.
These changes, the EFCC stated gave rise to a lot of moral and ethical question that can necessitate an objective and full blown investigation into the matter.
Mr. Abacha however fought back fiercely. Sensing that he had been schemed out and aware that Mr. Etete was already negotiating with Shell and Agip, he decided to act.

PREMIUM TIMES learnt that Ednan Agaev, an international counsel hired by Malabu told the Supreme Court of New York in an affidavit that he was appointed by Malabu to find an investor for OPL245.
One John Coplestone of SHELL, a party to the negotiation informed him that Mohammed Sani (Abacha) is laying claim over OPL 245, the EFCC stated. An AGIP official also told Mr. Agaev that in view of the new claim by Mohammed Sani (Abacha), a direct deal with Malabu would not be possible.
Mr. Agaev then informed Mr. Etete of the new development and suggested a way out.
To put off Mr. Sani (Abacha) from realizing his claim, The FGN (should) take back the oil block from Malabu, transfer the rights to ENI AGIP/Shell and pay Malabu a compensation from the payments made by ENI AGIP and Shell,
The oil companies agreed accepted the proposal. By the end of March 2011, the FGN seemed to have acted with the suggestion, the EFCC said.
This new evidence gathered by the EFCC contradicts the claims of Shell, who through its spokesman, Precious Okolobo, denied knowing that Malabu was to be the recipient of its payment.
Shell was not aware that that money was to be paid to Malabu, Mr. Okolobo had told PREMIUM TIMES.

Kind Regards/Viele Gre

Tochukwu EZEOKE
Reading, Berkshire, UK
Tel. +447748612933
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by sunkoye: 7:24pm On May 24, 2012
Y won't pple insult him...huh?

The beneficiaries

Sharing the money

A history of fraud

Scheming out Abacha

Kind Regards/Viele Gre

Tochukwu EZEOKE
Reading, Berkshire, UK
Tel. +447748612933
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Sike(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2012
Who be this GEJ self
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Htown64(m): 7:36pm On May 24, 2012
shymmex: You earn respect, you don't demand it.. cool

GEJ hasn't earned no respect - only pigs, tribalists, and fellow thieving bastards and puppets respect that man..

He stole (Yeah, every kobo they steal from Nigeria is part of my national wealth) from me and my unborn children, and he deserves no respect. cool

GEJ hasn't earned no respect - only pigs, tribalists, and fellow thieving bastards and puppets respect that man..

He stole (Yeah, every kobo they steal from Nigeria is part of my national wealth) from me and my unborn children, and he deserves no respect. cool

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN!! We even fair to him because he deserves more than insults!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 24, 2012
How much GEJs will it take to light [b]an [/b]economical lightbulb?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 24, 2012
Beaf:

Don't be jealous, bro. [b]Fhemmy [/b]is not like you, he is well brought up, well mannered and always balanced.
Anyways, what can be expected of person who chooses an id like "fork adict?"

Comedy!

You're well-mannered, yet you abuse Tinubu and Aregbesola in such a disrespectful manner. irony.

YOU EVEN USED TRIBAL SENTIMENTS TO INSULT ANY YORUBA POLITICIAN. It's obvious that you were not brought up right. It's like you know what's wrong, but you were never taught to do the right thing.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Like Insulting GEJ by Tattooboy: 7:58pm On May 24, 2012
glowithdan: It is gradually becoming a way of life here in Nigeria with the way we insult our president.

Not taking away the freedom of expression, I personally think it's high time we stopped this disrespectful act, and rather seek everything little ways we can, in contributing to the growth of our nation!!

My candid opinion.
4get jo! How many pple av u witnessed insulting Fashola? People judge on planet earth not God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Elders Reject Plans To Remove Resident Electoral Commissioner / Oritsejafor Returns As CAN President / Fayose Benefited From Arms Cash:apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.