Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! (9883 Views)

Sambo Dasuki Transferred To EFCC Custody / Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / Video Of Ex-Commissioner In Zamfara Having Sex Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by GarbaAudu: 5:31pm On May 24, 2012
Gusau, along Zaria-Sokoto highway, a typical northern town, small, less crowded, less ambitious easy going people, erratic power supply but less harsh weather than most northern cities. Didn't know much about it, i only stopped by on my way to Sokoto (more urbanized). But heard that crime rate is very low, only small time thieves/ burglars. You don't have to be scared of Gusau, only worry about the highway leading to d town. Though a smooth road, bandits are kings there especially during market days in some surrounding villages. Most of the robbers are herdsmen and amazingly ur southern brothers (apology). Though boko haram have not extended their tentacles to Zamfara, Katsina, Sokoto & Kebbi, you should stay alert & watch ur moves in any part of northern Nigeria. Even though most of us (muslims) beleive that boko haram is more of political power play than religious bigotry. My advice to you, don't reject the offer. Give Gusau a 3 month trial, if its not ur kind of town u can resign & return to ur more turbulent south. Best of luck. Allah bada sa'a.

1 Like

Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by GarbaAudu: 5:36pm On May 24, 2012
Sorry, i mean boko haram have NOT extended their tentacles to Zamfara, Katsina, Sokoto & Kebbi.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by nous(f): 5:53pm On May 24, 2012
I recently finished my service in Zamfara. The place is cool, trust me. No stress. If I had a job I would have considered staying. Contact 08070969600/08030912074. His name is Uche, he was d agent that got me my house in Zamfara.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by stepo707: 5:53pm On May 24, 2012
For me,i cant stay up north.But from what you said,i dont really think you have much choice.So just go alone w/o your family oh.Dont discuss politics,religion with any of them.They are very brutal when it comes to that.They love people speaking English and you also try and learn their language.No go near their women oh,i don tell you now.If you won shayo,go find the mammy market,usually close to any army barracks.Call those gusau guys that dropped their numbers and hook up with them.
The weather is also very extreme up north but you will be used to it.Best of luck pal.The lord be with you

1 Like

Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by Psalmuell: 5:59pm On May 24, 2012
Oboy,u were transfered 2 aboki state n pple r sayin its a nice place ?if bokoharam kill u wetin u want make ur family do ? Or if they start dis their riot(xtian n muslim)were u want run go ?Guy think o b4 u take any decision o.u have relations who wud suffer if anytin happenz 2 u.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by IYANGBALI: 5:59pm On May 24, 2012
first leave your life behind at home,then go out and buy dane guns,bullets,cutlasses,bows and arrows,thereafter you can now travel there to face boko haram.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by Novice1(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2012
IYA NGBALI: first leave your life behind at home,then go out and buy dane guns,bullets,cutlasses,bows and arrows,thereafter you can now travel there to face boko haram.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by psyqs(m): 6:06pm On May 24, 2012
kunletech: firstly, i ill define zamfara for u.
Zamfara is a state where the muslim phanatic inhabit. There former governor (sani yerima) sponsored many religion crisise in northaner state.
He was d real engine behind implimentation of sheria in d north in d year 2001 which lead to religion crisise in some northaner state.
I believe d reason buk guys are not operating for now is because the state governor normaly setle them. So when there is life, there is hope. Be wise.
^^^ Are you not ashame of urself. See as Error full ur post. Jst bringing irrelevant issues here. Go find something to do wit ur life. Enemies of Progress.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by Novice1(m): 6:07pm On May 24, 2012
Garba Audu: Gusau, along Zaria-Sokoto highway, a typical northern town, small, less crowded, less ambitious easy going people, erratic power supply but less harsh weather than most northern cities. Didn't know much about it, i only stopped by on my way to Sokoto (more urbanized). But heard that crime rate is very low, only small time thieves/ burglars. You don't have to be scared of Gusau, only worry about the highway leading to d town. Though a smooth road, bandits are kings there especially during market days in some surrounding villages. Most of the robbers are herdsmen and amazingly ur southern brothers (apology). Though boko haram have extended their tentacles to Zamfara, Katsina, Sokoto & Kebbi, you should stay alert & watch ur moves in any part of northern Nigeria. Even though most of us (muslims) beleive that boko haram is more of political power play than religious bigotry. My advice to you, don't reject the offer. Give Gusau a 3 month trial, if its not ur kind of town u can resign & return to ur more turbulent south. Best of luck. Allah bada sa'a.

Couldn't have said it better. You, Sir , have earned my respect
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by spothot: 6:12pm On May 24, 2012
I served in zamfara. I remember when going then, the talk was about sharia law but to my utter surprise, i discoverd it was just overblown. So, its not as if the entire north is on fire by boko haram
Also, if your are a christian, try and locate a good church over there. They might help in that regard
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by MissEZ(f): 6:28pm On May 24, 2012
I served (NYSC) in Zamfara State in 2005, and lived in Gusau for a year. The people there are peaceful for the most part. I lived on Tudun Wada Street and didnt have any problems living there. Another area is the GRA. IF you respect their religion and mind your own business, you should be fine. You also need to keep your ears down just in case cos times have changed. For the most part,Zamfara is relatively safe compared to other northern states.

During the time i stayed there, there was crisis in Katsina and Kano due to the Dutch cartoon on Mohammed. Zamfara remained peaceful. I am not saying the North is not dangerous and that Zamfara cannot become unsafe, but just sharing my experience

Blackteeth: I advise the poster; if you must go to zamfara, please do not stay in a christian dominated area. That area will be a target in times of crisis. Rather stay in a muslim dominated area and blend with the muslims there. You will be secured under the cover of muslims than staying in a christian area.

You have a valid point about christian dominated areas being a target during crisis, but i disagree with him staying in a muslim dominated area also. Reason being that if there is a crisis, they will turn on him and escape will be more difficult cos he will have to swim through a crowd of muslims to get out. Stay in a mixed area or stay amongst your own. I stay in Jos and trust me, as a christian, u do not want to stay in a muslim dominated area

1 Like

Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by Blackteeth(m): 6:30pm On May 24, 2012
I advise the poster; if you must go to zamfara, please do not stay in a christian dominated area. That area will be a target in times of crisis. Rather stay in a muslim dominated area and blend with the muslims there. You will be secured under the cover of muslims than staying in a christian area.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by kaslaw: 6:31pm On May 24, 2012
Guy congrat bt presently i base in katsina wia we have been livin peacefully bt 2 my hearin deir have neva b trouble in z town bt they are wicked bcoz d ppl wit bears just lyk osama own are known as izala nd they are most trouble pipo in islam bt i pray 4 God's protection over u in jesus name. Notice they wil use bad words on u e.g u dont no God dat on d judgement day u wil be sent 2 hel.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by oayombo: 6:42pm On May 24, 2012
swscorpio: Actually, i am not from Zamfara state but i am from kebbi state a lil close to zamfara and i know zamfara state very well most especially Gusau that is the capital of the state.But, i assure you you will enjoy the state, no any crisis in the state,but actually i dnt knw the area that christian used 2 stay but once u reach there u will find because is not a big town within 2 or 3 days u will capture how the town look like then u decide where 2 get a rent and there rent is not gonna be costly at all.Wish u Best of Luck my broda.
Shouldn't kebbi be about 3hrs to Gusau?
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by Mooaloji(m): 7:10pm On May 24, 2012
Zamfara is peaceful nd nyc 2 stay, am a copa currently serving in zamfara, gusau. Xtian dominated area are samaru, tudun wada, premier road nd co. If u nid acomodation cal me on 08033509757
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:20pm On May 24, 2012
ismhab: NEVER STEAL OVER THERE BECAUSE THEY USE TO CUT HAND.

^^^And if you're caught fornicating, what will they cut off? The mind boggles!!!
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by Francuiz: 7:23pm On May 24, 2012
Am currently serving in zamfara state. Bakura L.G.A and d state has been peaceful. But finally God is d protector of life.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by ismhab(m): 7:27pm On May 24, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^And if you're caught fornicating, what will they cut off? The mind boggles!!!
UR JOYSTICK.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by Walexmaxcot(m): 7:36pm On May 24, 2012
If u luv urself n ur family plz no goin areaIf u luv urself n ur family plz no goin areaIf u luv urself n ur family plz no goin area
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by chukham(m): 7:53pm On May 24, 2012
Pls dont resign. Am currently at gusau nw. Nothing is wrong wth d place. It is also a nice city. U can get anything u want dia. Dont be afraid. Cost of living is also economical dia. U wont regret it. I promise u. 4 more information pls call me 08063868705. D place is gud. Am dia right nw.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by dulaman: 7:54pm On May 24, 2012
Bros cul your mind. Na zamfara we dey. Notin is hapening. Peace dey. Is jst d way u guys ova der always paint d north dat scares ppl. Is nt evry state dt is prone 2 it.so jst come no fear.gud luck.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by SAHEASY: 7:58pm On May 24, 2012
Bros zamfara is one of most peaceful state in the north i stayed there 4 4yrs .just face ur biz, go there & enjoy urself. God @ ur side belief dat
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by oakcha(m): 8:20pm On May 24, 2012
i did my nysc there some seven yrs ago, the christian dominated place is called tudun wada, u get all the churches located there...there have not been known any religious crisis in zamfara so no fear but try to maintain ur movement sha....enjoy
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by mallambature: 8:27pm On May 24, 2012
Kewt: Dear Nairalanders,
I work with a pharmaceutical Company and have just been transferred to Gusau, Zamfara state.

Please i have never been to this part of the country and some friends including family have advised me to resign mainly
because of the insecurity in the north.

In the mean time, I have decided to resume there but will like to rent an apartment in a christian dominated area.

Please I crave for advise from nairalanders who currently live, or have once stayed in the serene city of Gusau, Zamfara state to suggest peaceful and christian dominated areas where utilities like electricity and water are readily available.

I earn about N2.8 million per annum and have a brand new toyota yaris given to me by the company as a working tool. Hence the option of leaving the job is not appealing to me for now since i have got no replacement job yet.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Must you mention your salary and benefits. Some people like to overdo things sef. If you like the job then stay on it if not, quit.
The most important decision is yours. Follow your heart.
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by IYANGBALI: 9:47pm On May 24, 2012
Novice1:

The mind is a terrible thing to waste
shut the fok up and mind your fokn biz
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by Pakavy(m): 9:55pm On May 24, 2012
on a humourous note i suggest u drop d incentive of d yaris ur coy gave u and ask dem 2 take an insurance 4 u dat provides u with an artificial limb just incase
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by mandsignal(m): 9:56pm On May 24, 2012
GUY GATHER YOUR MONEY ... You must survive . Haba ...butt incase you won ..resign am available .... I JUST BOUGHT A CHINA made BOMB PROOF ROOFING SHEET .
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by ikeyman00(m): 10:10pm On May 24, 2012
@@@@@

Bros.. Congrats.To be candid with u zamfara is very peaceful.nobody is witch hunting any body over there.go and see for your self,am sure you will be singing a different song after sometime.Word of Advice,Pls respect their customs and values.[size=28pt]Am yoruba[/size] residing in [size=38pt]BAUCHI[/size].

most accommodator ni!! noted cool
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by Umunede(m): 10:44pm On May 24, 2012
I am 4rm delta state but lived and worked in zamfara state for 6yrs. I was only transfered out of zamfara last year. There are 14 LGs in zamfara. I have visited nearly all of them and have friends in all of them. I can assure you that zamfara state is a peaceful state. All these crises you hear in the north, never had any of such taken place in zamfara. Initially, wen I was posted to zamfara, I wad jittery but wen I got there, I enjoyed d place. Very peaceful. 4get all those things u read on the press. Get house in tudun wada area, dat is where most strangers stay. I can give u the number of agents that can help u get accomodation. All their roads to all their lG are tied except bukkuyum. I know every where in zamfara and - can bet you. U will enjoy there
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by Pakavy(m): 12:34am On May 25, 2012
Kewt: Dear Nairalanders,
I work with a pharmaceutical Company and have just been transferred to Gusau, Zamfara state.

Please i have never been to this part of the country and some friends including family have advised me to resign mainly
because of the insecurity in the north.

In the mean time, I have decided to resume there but will like to rent an apartment in a christian dominated area.

Please I crave for advise from nairalanders who currently live, or have once stayed in the serene city of Gusau, Zamfara state to suggest peaceful and christian dominated areas where utilities like electricity and water are readily available.

I earn about N2.8 million per annum and have a brand new toyota yaris given to me by the company as a working tool. Hence the option of leaving the job is not appealing to me for now since i have got no replacement job yet.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
R.I.P bro.is it possible u will d yaris 2 me.tnx in ad
Re: Newly Transferred To Gusau In Zamfara State.. Need Help! by sayusuf(m): 12:54am On May 25, 2012
@zamfara,
live close 2 military.
Dnt do anythng dat will attract much peaples attention.
If possible, never go 2 church..pray in ur rum.
respect their culture nd religion, thats very vital. Especially religion.
Sometimes, dress like them.
Incase of any crises, stay where u are, calm down, gather as much info abt whts happening as u can (by phone calls), dress like d hausas wid ur cap, proceed 2 d nearest military formation, avoid crowd as they will see ur disguise..
But all in all, zamfara is peacefull compare to other state like kaduna,jos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GEJ Media Chat Vs Euro 2012: Which Will You Watch? / FEC Approves N109.4bn For Ibadan – Ilesha – Ife, Kano – Katsina Dual Carriage Wa / Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.