Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,607 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning (12248 Views)

Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning / Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 / Mtn Surprises This Woman With 15 Million This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Foxybone(m): 9:06am On May 24, 2012
Moderator, please send this infomation to the front page as it is very important.

I just came to the office this morning and proceeded to go about my normal duties when my General Manager strolled in casually.... He had this mischievous glint in his eyes and I knew he was up to something. After the normal greeting, he went ahead and told me to open a web page for him. Hmm, very unusual, I asked him the site and he told me, mtncards.org I was suprised but proceeded to open it.

He told me to get up immediately after logging in the site for him.... I wanted to stay behind, but an order is an order, so i just waited until i caught a glimpse of what the whole thing was about. Lo and behold, it was a bonanza.... MTN giving out N50,000 recharge bonus for loading sending N3,000 to the website. I became kinda annoyed because I had no such money on me to enjoy MTN bonanza and while lamenting my fate, my GM told me in a (seriously on your own) voice, the text message is to selected people... Not to every body.... Well, I resigned to my fate and proceeded to stay and watch the guy get a whooping N50,000 recharge with just N3000.

After sitting around for a while, I left my office to pace outside and immediately returned and asked him if I could glance at the text message sent him. He hesistated before handing over his phone and by that time, he has already sent the pin number of 2 recharge cards (1500).... I looked at the message and it clicked in my mind that it was fraud.... I told him he has been duped by mischievous programmers..... He told me it is a lie and immeditely the loading page showed that the card does not exist and that he should not resend the pin more than five times.....

I wanted to laugh but my salary could be at stake so instead, I told him to try loading the card he sent them..... He did just that and was told that the card has been used by another customer.... I wasn't in the least bit suprised... I felt it served him right for not listening to me....

This is a serious warning to all ya guys who received a text message from yello asking you to log into their site and send them three thousand naira card.... You are seriously on your own.... I attached a Microsoft document of their web page since I couldn't get it in an html format......

POOR MANAGER

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Nobody: 9:50am On May 24, 2012
Your Boss was just greedy.

I have got that text from those guys, so I logged unto the site and loaded several "cards" not just two.

Here are the pins of the cards:

4194 1941 9419
4194 1941 9419
4194 1941 9419, etc. I loaded plenty of times.

4 Likes

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Nobody: 10:08am On May 24, 2012
i got the silly message this morning too,the english was poor! the fools wrote "mtn have selected your number" instead of "mtn has selected your number"!

your manager must be very dull! what's the name of the company again?

8 Likes

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by wesley80(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2012
You should post the website address so Nairalanders can send them plenty plenty recharge cards.
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Sweetlemon(f): 10:17am On May 24, 2012
Let me me educate you on something. Any message you get from MTN or any telecomms company asking you to send a recharge PIN to any number is fraud! Does it make sense for a telecomms coy to ask you for what they produce? would coca cola ask you to send them a crate of coke? No! #smh# I just wonder what the problem with victims of this kinds of fraud, could it be low I.Q or just pure greed? Na wa o!

10 Likes

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Nobody: 11:00am On May 24, 2012
^^ exactly!!!! how dumb are these people out there?! send a recharge card to MTN, bwaaaaah!!!!!
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by blacksta(m): 11:09am On May 24, 2012
Mugu jam Mugu

it is impossible for me to be duped - I have no greed in me

imagine for n3000 - i get n50000

mtn is profit making business and not santa claus

3 Likes

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:43am On May 24, 2012
GazzzBi shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I have loaded N3,000 times 12 embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed so dis ting na fraud.. Kai!!! ad Friday is just around the corner embarassed embarassed embarassed
grin grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by kombats: 11:44am On May 24, 2012
next time make him shine im eye well well
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Nobody: 11:46am On May 24, 2012
What a pity,,,,

the scam website was just created two(2) days ago,,,,

Domain ID:D165622320-LROR
Domain Name:MTNCARDS.ORG
Created On:22-May-2012 08:25:48 UTC
Last Updated On:22-May-2012 08:29:09 UTC
Expiration Date:22-May-2013 08:25:48 UTC

I think more Nigerians should be more enlightened to this so called internet of a thing,,,,
well greed is also at play here,,,,

Thanks for the information bro,,,

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Nobody: 11:49am On May 24, 2012
Pls do you mind telling us the name of the company where you work. That your boss is a mugu. . .a very good one.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Nobody: 11:51am On May 24, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: GazzzBi shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I have loaded N3,000 times 12 embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed so dis ting na fraud.. Kai!!! ad Friday is just around the corner embarassed embarassed embarassed
grin grin grin grin

did you really spend 36K of recharge cards, in the hope of winning 50K?!

1 Like

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Booty4me: 11:53am On May 24, 2012
I recieved this sms today and its for sure a SCAM

Please pass this message and prevent your friends and loved ones from losing there hard-earned money to this!

MTN won't host something like this !!!

Yello Your Number have Win 50,OOO Naira AIRTIME. On The 1 Billion Reward
Visit (www.mtncards.org) For your line to be Credited Below
Your Code Is 3232
Sender
Yello-50

The fake link
http://www.mtncards.org
http://www.mtncards.org/logon33.htm

(Report Post) (Modify Post) (Quote Post)
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by ZUBY77(m): 11:53am On May 24, 2012
Damn. How can MTN ask you to send them one bag of rice so that they will send you ten bags immidiately? Where is our common sense?

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Exponental(m): 11:57am On May 24, 2012
Recharge card is not needed by any telecom coy, its just a market means of making money.
Why shld a sane person send card 2 d tele coy wen they have a right to accept or reject wat u sent. The best they can request 4 is d serial no of d card.
@op, ask ur boss how special he is 2 av gotten d text....grin
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:59am On May 24, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

did you really spend 36K of recharge cards, in the hope of winning 50K?!

Just joking, after MTN's Yello Treasure Hunt - I will never fall for a SCAM again grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by akereconfi: 12:04pm On May 24, 2012
Check awt d simple mistakes on d site....3000 WHAT of recharge card..instead of WORTH......n when u hv sent d card....u will see UPDATEING instead of UPDATING......common sense will tell ya dt sumfin smells fishy about d site.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by davades(m): 12:05pm On May 24, 2012
You never see anything una GƠ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ hear wennnnn when cashless + internet banking don start fully cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ƒσя those who has ear let them hear, me no be mugun sha !
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by BlackBaron: 12:07pm On May 24, 2012
If it's too good to be true, it probably is...

You should always perform a whois domain check for every website that requires you to enter your card details, personal infos and whatnot.

Most reputable companies will have a valid address, contact details, registrant, domain start and expiry date.
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by purefella(m): 12:09pm On May 24, 2012
Your boss just paid his tithe he thought was too much to pay last Sunday
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Beaf1: 12:11pm On May 24, 2012
Congratulations! {3232} Your Winning Of 50,000 Naira MTN AIRTIME RECHARGE CARD Have Been Approved. You Are Requested To
Carefully Follow The Instructions On How To Activate Your Line. For Your 50,000 Naira
RECHARGE. To Activate Your Line For 50,000 RECHARGE. All You Have To Do Is. Go Out There Buy
Our AIRTIME What Of {3,000} Two 1500 X 2= 3,000 Once You Buy It Type In Your MTN Number And You Type In The Cards
Pin's Below It . And Click On {RECHARGE NOW} And Wait For The Network To Set It Up For You. Once It Is Done You Will Get An SMS On Your Phone Telling You That Your Line Is Activated And 53,000 MTN RECHARGE CARD WILL BE Credited Automatically.

NB:YOUR MTN LINE CAN BE BLOCK IF YOU TYPE IN UNKNOWN CARD PIN MORE THEN FIVE TIMES.

WHAT HAPPEN TO MY MTN CARD PIN AFTER TYPING IT ON THE WEBSITE..? Your Line Will Be Activated And Your MTN Account Will Automatically Credited Back With 3,000. Making It 53,000 What Of MTN Airtime In Your Phone. Your Can Transfer The Credit To Your Love Ones Via MTN SHARE And Sell For Balance Dial {*556# For Prepaid} Or {*558# For Postpaid}

^

VERY POOR ENGLISH
Imagine this sentence: "All You Have To Do Is. Go Out There Buy
Our AIRTIME What Of {3,000}"
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 24, 2012
i doubt it if your Boss Pass through School perhaps he his a Greedy Man angry
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 24, 2012
akereconfi: Check awt d simple mistakes on d site....3000 WHAT of recharge card..instead of WORTH......n when u hv sent d card....u will see UPDATEING instead of UPDATING......common sense will tell ya dt sumfin smells fishy about d site.
exactly why i want to know the name of that company whose manager is exceptionally dumb
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by wandeay: 12:14pm On May 24, 2012
eeya!! He must hav set up dat company through the money he won from Lotto/Baba Ijebu, he tinks he will always win, mugu catch maga, lol

1 Like

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by AZeD1(m): 12:15pm On May 24, 2012
Looking at the site and the words anybody with common sense should know something is wrong. Below is what is written on the site when login in with 3232

Congratulations! {3232} Your Winning Of 50,000 Naira MTN AIRTIME RECHARGE CARD Have Been Approved. You Are Requested To
Carefully Follow The Instructions On How To Activate Your Line. For Your 50,000 Naira
RECHARGE. To Activate Your Line For 50,000 RECHARGE. All You Have To Do Is. Go Out There Buy
Our AIRTIME What Of {3,000} Two 1500 X 2= 3,000 Once You Buy It Type In Your MTN Number And You Type In The Cards
Pin's Below It . And Click On {RECHARGE NOW} And Wait For The Network To Set It Up For You. Once It Is Done You Will Get An SMS On Your Phone Telling You That Your Line Is Activated And 53,000 MTN RECHARGE CARD WILL BE Credited Automatically.

NB:YOUR MTN LINE CAN BE BLOCK IF YOU TYPE IN UNKNOWN CARD PIN MORE THEN FIVE TIMES.

WHAT HAPPEN TO MY MTN CARD PIN AFTER TYPING IT ON THE WEBSITE..? Your Line Will Be Activated And Your MTN Account Will Automatically Credited Back With 3,000. Making It 53,000 What Of MTN Airtime In Your Phone. Your Can Transfer The Credit To Your Love Ones Via MTN SHARE And Sell For Balance Dial {*556# For Prepaid} Or {*558# For Postpaid}
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by AZeD1(m): 12:15pm On May 24, 2012
Beaf!:

^

VERY POOR ENGLISH
Imagine this sentence: "All You Have To Do Is. Go Out There Buy
Our AIRTIME What Of {3,000}"
Guy you beat me to it.
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by maclatunji: 12:17pm On May 24, 2012
I have an acquaintance who is always going on and on about the school she attended and how intelligent she is. The day she forwarded a particular viral Blackberry message to me, I just concluded that she has below-average intelligence. The same applies to many people when it comes to these GSM scams, don't people think? MTN sells recharge cards to you, why would they be asking you to send it back to them. It is like saying Seun is asking Nairalanders to teach him how to use Nairaland- wouldn't that be madness and stupidity combined?
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by purplekayc(m): 12:19pm On May 24, 2012
Nigerian sense grin grin; Nigerians would always be duped because most of us think we are smart cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Unlock Software For Nokia Lumia 635 / Reason Why You Should Never Buy Innjoo Phone / Update On Mtn True Talk Plus Tariff Plan Now 20k/s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.