Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,433 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning (12140 Views)

Just Got Duped Of 3k This Morning / Fraudsters Swap Lady's Airtel Sim And Steal Her N400,000 / Mtn Surprises This Woman With 15 Million This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by maclatunji: 4:19pm On May 24, 2012
webizone: yeah maclatunji, that is likely a 'relationship scam' n am glad u know about this type. However, i have a msg from a supposedly female trade partner from the US who asks for my national ID n address b4 we do business. Could it all be a scam?

If you never knew this lady and she sent you the mail although you never made contact with her, then of course it is a scam. It is likely to be one ugly Yahoo boy who probably cannot spell his name correctly that is sending millions of such messages at-a-go.

However, if it is you who made contact with her, do due diligence and never part with your money or even personal information until the person delivers the goods or service first. In short, 99% of messages and online opportunities in Nigeria are scams.
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by francis247(m): 4:41pm On May 24, 2012
noblezone: Your Boss was just greedy.

I have got that text from those guys, so I logged unto the site and loaded several "cards" not just two.

Here are the pins of the cards:

4194 1941 9419
4194 1941 9419
4194 1941 9419, etc. I loaded plenty of times.

LMAO! This one don pass 50k now!
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by webizone(m): 5:00pm On May 24, 2012
Thanks mac, i was thinking along that line, just needed confirmation. Besides, it's funny the way ppl do this. Funny indeed.
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 24, 2012
@slyrox. Thanx for ur post. U shud be workin wit d secret service man. If ur post ofcourse turns out to be true.
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Deblow: 5:25pm On May 24, 2012
Am sorry to say this, ur boss was naïve and failed to read btw d lines. I want to believe but I also find it hard to believe that this happened in Lagos. That trick was damn too cheap and infantile to fall for but alas he carelessly did fall! I can only say sorry and symphatize with ur poor boss
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by AFOLABISUNKANMI(m): 5:33pm On May 24, 2012
see for your self, 15 businesses that cough out good profit this raining season, Any smart person should start this see it http://mind2billion..com/2012/05/15-businesses-for-serious-people-during.html

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by lillaowow(m): 5:46pm On May 24, 2012
and this are the loading and error images respectively
i'm sorry to say, your BOSS must be really really greedy
does he womanize or takes alcohol regularly?

Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by gidiMonsta(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2012
maclatunji: I have an acquaintance who is always going on and on about the school she attended and how intelligent she is. The day she forwarded a particular viral Blackberry message to me, I just concluded that she has below-average intelligence. The same applies to many people when it comes to these GSM scams, don't people think? MTN sells recharge cards to you, why would they be asking you to send it back to them. It is like saying Seun is asking Nairalanders to teach him how to use Nairaland- wouldn't that be madness and stupidity combined?

Don't even talk abt that BBM menace oo, sooooo frustrating, even those u expect to know better end up re-broadcasting the most ridiculous things. The problem with people is that they are too stupid to realise how stupid they are hence their penchant to fall for the most obvious of SCAMS.
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by gidiMonsta(m): 5:54pm On May 24, 2012
maclatunji: I have an acquaintance who is always going on and on about the school she attended and how intelligent she is. The day she forwarded a particular viral Blackberry message to me, I just concluded that she has below-average intelligence. The same applies to many people when it comes to these GSM scams, don't people think? MTN sells recharge cards to you, why would they be asking you to send it back to them. It is like saying Seun is asking Nairalanders to teach him how to use Nairaland- wouldn't that be madness and stupidity combined?
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Dabss(m): 5:55pm On May 24, 2012
lillaowow: and this are the loading and error images respectively
does he womanize or takes alcohol regularly?
what kind of stûpid question is that?
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by lillaowow(m): 5:58pm On May 24, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:
quote author=lillaowow]and this are the loading and error images respectively
does he womanize or takes alcohol regularly? must you be stûpid?

and what brings "stooopid" into the matter?
ps- Ans [size=17pt]NO[/size]
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by jemijay: 9:14pm On May 24, 2012
Exactly d saame tn happend 2me. But y I got really suspicious abt d whole tin was dat it had 2many gramatical errors. Which can't hapen if it were really mtn.
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Foxybone(m): 6:27am On May 25, 2012
See me see wahala o..... @Da Boss.... Wetin carry stupidity join wetin I talk say happen to my boss..... Better correct dat grammatical and slipatical error wey you just make..... angry angry angry

With all the rakings and bragging that my boss does, claiming that he was transfered from Lagos to Abuja, Me a Kano guy warned him but his inherited yoruba pride will never allow him to see reason..... The guy fall mugu big time and as for me.... Na jollification because the guy no even quarter wise as him carry claim grin grin grin

After he discovered he was duped and I was the only one dat witnessed his stupidity, the dude took me out to lunch but the irony is that, I had already posted the story for the whole world to see.... cry cry cry

LIke the Hausa man will say.... Wanda ya ce wai akuya ba ta cizo ba, ya bude bakin ya saka hannun sa aciki...... grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by Bestglo(f): 8:53am On May 25, 2012
@ op, i hope ur boss doesn't visit nairaland anyway

I got same message about a week ago & the poor use of English made me discard it
as one could clearly sense scam from it
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by ronkychoice: 11:46am On May 25, 2012
Heeya sorry to ur boss, he is not the only one my landlord almost fell victim, when he informed me last week we login to the site and was ask to send 3,000 card, he was existed but i advised him we should call the mtn customer care to confirm. Which we did and was told dt it was fraudster not from them, that was how he was saved. Next time ur boss will be Wise
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by niddamugu(m): 3:49pm On May 25, 2012
Only a greedy person can fall for such tricks. I recently received a text - "Congratulations! You have just won I,000,000 naira in the WWTBAM home play game. Simply call '080XXXXXXXX' to find how redeem your cash prize"

Notice: the figure was not 1 but "I". I called the number to encourage the bloody maga to try harder next time because he used a GLO sim to send the text. grin grin grin grin
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by gold6(f): 12:44pm On Jun 12, 2012
i just got a text from Yello50 fraudsters telling me i've won 50k. Shame people are falling for it.
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by lovelyS(m): 7:59am On Sep 07, 2012
@OP
Thanks for sharing your experience.you have saved me from the recharge card scammers. This morning,I received a message on my phone that says *Yello Your MTN Number Have Been Reward 50,000 Naira AIRTIME.Vist {www.mtn1500.com} For Your Line To Be Credited Now Your Code Is 3232*.so I did sum research & I discovered at its a not real...its all scam.this page really helps me understand.
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:38pm On Sep 09, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

did you really spend 36K of recharge cards, in the hope of winning 50K?!

u know i was just kiddin grin
Re: Mtn Fraudsters Duped My Gm This Morning by success10(m): 11:50am On Jan 15, 2015
akereconfi:
Check awt d simple mistakes on d site....3000 WHAT of recharge card..instead of WORTH......n when u hv sent d card....u will see UPDATEING instead of UPDATING......common sense will tell ya dt sumfin smells fishy about d site.
lols..
I think the fraudsters are from Aba in Abia State becos of pigin english on the site.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need Serious Help On This Oraimo 27000mah Power Bank / Root Infinix Zero X506 With This 5 Easy Steps / Infinix Diamond Android Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.