Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,967 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy (19330 Views)

Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) / Did You See The Mistake On The Ministerial List Sent To The Senator Saraki? (Pic / Can Someone Please Sue Fg For Blocking Phone Services In Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 24, 2012
Oh shut up all of you... undecided

During interogation, it was alleged that Abiodun could not give satisfactory reasons on why he blocked the road.

He could not also produce his driver’s licence and the vehicle’s particulars on demand.

These are reasons enough, especially the second one, for a person to be siezed.
It doesn't seem like his truck had problems, he was just doing it because he felt he owned the road, a small manifestation of the lawless nature of you nigerian lot.

You all just love to talk because you lack the innate ability to really think things through from different perspectives.
If YOU were the one on that expressway and you see a trucker park his truck in the middle of the road blocking traffic without giving a sh[i]i[/i]t just because he wants to come out of it and buy small stout (drinking while driving. Another common thing over there), or whatever,
you would also be cussing and swearing at him while he laughs at you as fools and does the naija equivalent of flipping you the bird before finishing his business and leaving.

So yes, glad it happened.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by ceaser: 7:03pm On May 24, 2012
RICHIE BOI: in as much as i like BRF. His high-handedness is getting to much. angry
mufc009: Let assume there is a SOS patient that is been taking to hospital and not fashola that is coming, this crazy driver would have let em die for blocking the road for no reason. Any sane person will not see anything bad in what they do to the driver
nyxus: What killed the late da-grin... Traffic regulations should be obeyed. What if he was been chased or the blockage was part of the assassination plot! A lesson to all MACK drivers... Leadership by example.
mufc009: Let assume there is a SOS patient that is been taking to hospital and not fashola that is coming, this crazy driver would have let em die for blocking the road for no reason. Any sane person will not see anything bad in what they do to the driver
Why didn't he (Fashola) prosecute the erring driver responsible for Da grin's accident? Would he (Fashola) had done same if it was an ordinary man that was delayed in such manner? How many of such contravention of Sections 28(i), 39(3) of
the Traffic Act 548, 36 (P), 44 (1)
Cap. 172, Vol. 7 of the Road Traffic
Law of Lagos State of Nigeria and Section 126 (1) of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria has Fashola personally prosecuted or instructed his boys to?

Hurray, Fashola has simply done it again. It was the doctors at first, soon it's gonna be every citizen of the state.

1 Like

Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Beaf2: 7:10pm On May 24, 2012
ayox2003:

Are you sure you wrote these two statements?

Where on earth are you from?

yeah...just came back to my senses...
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by pmarine: 7:11pm On May 24, 2012
who has ever sued them for lawlessly or stupidly blocking the road for 5-7 hours when GEJ is in Lagos, all fingers are not equal sha tongue.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by otokx(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2012
bad belle people are working overtime
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by grafikii: 7:11pm On May 24, 2012
How mumu wan know who be olodo
ismhab:
U ARE OLODO.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by ismhab(m): 7:20pm On May 24, 2012
grafikii: How mumu wan know who be olodo
OLE LIKE UR FATHER OBJ.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by utimayor(m): 7:22pm On May 24, 2012
This news is purely sponsored. The man in every capacity is an offender and punishable under our constitution, doesnt matter who's covoy he blocked, a crazy dude that blocked a whole express way and have no driver's license or vehicle particulars should be punished. Having said that, i strongly believe that this news is not far from the handiwork of the sacked 'greedy' doctors. I am not from lagos, itz been more than 2 years i went there but i'l tell the truth when i see one.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by naptu2: 7:26pm On May 24, 2012
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by hakwise(m): 7:26pm On May 24, 2012
I feel pained atimes when I seee how an average nigerian react to issues like this ....I feel we av a long way to go!!!...how can sumone block †ђξ road aimlessly and waste man hours oon †ђξ road..and we still expect him to be left off !! Even in †ђξ court he was given nt too tough bail conditions which he didnt comply it... sad..its just that most nigerians are so used to man know man....we don't want to acknowledge that this is a lawful land ....!!
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by naptu2: 7:26pm On May 24, 2012
I remember back when Fashola arrested the air-force officer and the foreigner for driving against the flow of traffic, he said he'd assist LASTMA in apprehending people who break traffic laws. For this reason, LASTMA vehicles/officials form part of his motorcade. They have arrested several "okada" riders for breaking traffic laws.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by tryoliviame: 7:29pm On May 24, 2012
BRF did d right thing, dis so called trailer drivers are reckless and in d process so many lives lost don't 4get dat dis act by trailer drivers have been day to day activities and the so called law enforcement agents do nothing abt it only collect briebs and think of their stomach. A bad day for d driver I mst say. He should face d consequence abeg! How could a driver operate without DL and no veh. Particulars? Gosh!
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Nickydrake(m): 7:36pm On May 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Oh gimme a freaking break!!!

Reporters and SENSATIONALISM, WORDING THE STORY LIKE IT IS BECAUSE HE BLOCKED FASHOLA'S CONVOY HE GOT ARRESTED. Dude obviously got arrested because he was BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!!

Helloooo, he was driving dangerously and recklessly. He also had no DL on him for goodness sake.

In a civilized country he would find his nasty behind in jail so fast he won't know what hit him. Unfortunately, we don't have cops to help enforce traffic laws, thank goodness he did it in the presence of someone who could do something about it.

We all complain about people not obeying laws in Naija because they know they can get away with anything. . .we finally have someone who is being made to face the consequences of his reckless action and everyone is all up in arms about it. How does that work. . .do we want law and order or do we want a free for all, anything goes society? Make up your minds people!!!!

By the way, Fashola obviously wasn't going about with the same bells and whistles and fanfare like his counterparts do or the reckless driver would have been alerted long enough to get out of the way. Nope Fashola was going about his business like an ordinary citizen, experienceing what the average Nigerian goes through every day on the road and we wanna crucify him for that??

Abegi!!

Thanks a bunch. You saved me some typing time and energy.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by BabaEleko(m): 7:36pm On May 24, 2012
ismhab: IF FASHOOLA BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA HE WILL BE THE WORST DICTATOR THAT NIGERIA WILL WITNESSED, HE WILL SACK ALL NIGERIAN WORKERS THE WAY HE SACKED LAGOS DOCTORS WHILE HIS FATHER WAS FLOWN ABROAD FOR JUST COMMON STOMACH PAIN.

[size=14pt]He no get driving licence. He dey drive reckless. He block a whole express lane and to top am e no get reason, no be say hin moto spoil or sometin happen. Primary wetin this one dey sef? Are u sure u have "common sense" at all or u are just high from fermented bingo urine??[/size]
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by hotshotpeter(m): 7:40pm On May 24, 2012
Why can't some people be objective in their reasoning?
Okay let us do it like this:
Was he wrong in obstructing traffic? Yes or No
Was it a crime? Yes or No
Was he prosecuted according to law? Yes or No
If your answer to all these questions is "Yes" then why in God's name are we blaming Fashola for doing the right thing? NAIJA!!!
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Oh gimme a freaking break!!!

Reporters and sensationalism, wording the story like it is because he blocked Fashola's convoy he got arrested. Dude obviously got arrested because he was BREAKING THE LAW!!

Helloooo, he was driving dangerously and recklessly. He also had no DL on him for goodness sake.

In a civilized country he would find his nasty behind in jail so fast he won't know what hit him. Unfortunately, we don't have cops to help enforce traffic laws, thank goodness he did it in the presence of someone who could do something about it.

We all complain about people not obeying laws in Naija because they know they can get away with anything. . .we finally have someone who is being made to face the consequences of his reckless action and everyone is all up in arms about it. How does that work. . .do we want law and order or do we want a free for all, anything goes society? Make up your minds people!!!!

By the way, Fashola obviously wasn't going about with the same bells and whistles and fanfare like his counterparts do or the reckless driver would have been alerted long enough to get out of the way. Nope Fashola was going about his business like an ordinary citizen, experienceing what the average Nigerian goes through every day on the road and we wanna crucify him for that??

Abegi!!

SisiKill,

Sugbon a prison time? Oga o. . . . will Bluetooth go to prison if he farts in a molue (sic)?
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Akiika: 7:44pm On May 24, 2012
Now i understand we have a bigger problem than the bad leaders sef. See how common Nigerians are reasoning!
Person block road and he no even get driver's license and y'all think he should be let go? For your info., if you don't have a common auto insurance here in Houston and you are pulled over by the police.....you get handcuffed and straight to jail before you even get charged to court. This is how the societies you are lining up to obtain their visa works. Even if it's strange to you, at least you all watch all kinds of American TV series and they act some of these things. Na wah o!....what's dictatorship in that? is he the judge that translated the law and set the bail condition? abeg make we dey think before we hit that keyboard or keypad.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Beaf: 7:45pm On May 24, 2012
Beaf::
In a civilized society, no sane human being will obstruct an expressway with a vehicle, not to even talk of a trailer and a driver without driver’s licence and vehicle’s particulars, i dont also think any sane human being should defend this useless driver, it doesn't matters if its Fashola or not, he is the chief security officer of the state, if he didn't arrest this rogue driver and charge him to court, who will, is it you and I, shouting at him to remove his brakeless trailer....come on guys...lets call a spade a spade..countless souls have been lost due to reckless driving and indiscriminate parking of this unchecked trailer drivers.

Who be dis again?
How many people want to steal my copyright on the name Beaf? angry angry angry

There is only one logic delivering, metal chomping, stup!dity healing, woman luv'n Beaf. Brain like a house with mouth to match. cool

1 Like

Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by PurestBoy(m): 7:55pm On May 24, 2012
I don't this would be the same if the same truck belonged to Dangote.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by jmaine: 7:56pm On May 24, 2012
Beaf:

Who be dis again?
How many people want to steal my copyright on the name Beaf? angry angry angry

There is only one logic delivering, metal chomping, stup!dity healing, [size=18pt]woman luv'n Beaf[/size]. Brain like a house with mouth to match. cool

lol . . . .With the rate at which the Beaf nairaland franchise is appreciating in value . .we might be seeing a [size=18pt]miss-Beaf . . . . .Mr_Beaf . .Mrs Beaf . . .O-Beaf . .tongue. . . .I_be_Beaf . .Original_ Beaf . . .I_am_Beaf cheesy .[/size] very soon . .bros, rush go patent that name . . . grin
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by espn(m): 7:56pm On May 24, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

But to be sent to prison? A ticket would have sufficed.
so was it fashola dat sent him to prison..dis is common sense here..is it proprer to block d road..u wld see ppl driving recklessly,parking stupidly..endangering ppls life!nonsense..
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by bumtos(m): 7:58pm On May 24, 2012
dont let us blame Fasola too much. The driver that couldnt produce driver's licence and other documents has fault. But only thing I can say is that, He(Fasola) should take it easy. Is getting too much of him.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 24, 2012
espn: so was it fashola dat sent him to prison..dis is common sense here..is it proprer to block d road..u wld see ppl driving recklessly,parking stupidly..endangering ppls life!nonsense..

But was Fashola not at the scene of the crime?

If he was and he knows that there is an unfair punishment given, shouldn't he act on it?

Prison term is too much for traffic blockade/ lack of provision of "papers". Makes no sense.

In the state of Florida, if a driver fails to produce his/her license, she'd get a ticket. Not some prison term as though the driver killed somebody.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by stillme(m): 8:03pm On May 24, 2012
acidtalk: fashola allowed the praises of his first term to get into him now he is acting like a complete JACK.

he is not just NOT performing but also spoiling the good he initially did.

if na another case now, the court will drag it. now see th speed in sending the poor man to jail.

PERFECT PRETENDER!!!

who is this? Are u okay? Ur post said it all. U r sufferin from brain damage.

1 Like

Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by espn(m): 8:04pm On May 24, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

But was Fashola not at the scene of the crime?

If he was and he knows that there is an unfair punishment given, shouldn't he act on it?

Prison term is too much for traffic blockade/ lack of provision of "papers". Makes no sense.

In the state of Florida, if a driver fails to produce his/her license, she'd get a ticket. Not some prison term as though the driver killed somebody.
note..d guy was arrainged to court..fashola didn't follow dem to court..mind u..he doesn't v d power to upturn a court judgement..
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by PurestBoy(m): 8:15pm On May 24, 2012
espn: note..d guy was arrainged to court..fashola didn't follow dem to court..mind u..he doesn't v d power to upturn a court judgement..

Must Fashola follow dem to court? What if he told his adviser that the man must go to jail? Fining him would have been appropriate because he hasn't committed a jailable crime besides someone taking to station or court would have given dem a reasom why his truck was there but what can one do wen d Governor is ur complainant?

1 Like

Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by chosen04(f): 8:16pm On May 24, 2012
Fashola and his government is just an over hyped big charade (sic) . . . . .
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by manny4life(m): 8:16pm On May 24, 2012
jmaine:

lol . . . .With the rate at which the Beaf nairaland franchise is appreciating in value . .we might be seeing a [size=18pt]miss-Beaf . . . . .Mr_Beaf . .Mrs Beaf . . .O-Beaf . .tongue. . . .I_be_Beaf . .Original_ Beaf . . .I_am_Beaf cheesy .[/size] very soon . .bros, rush go patent that name . . . grin

LOL...I know right, everybody wants to be Beaf by all means, it shows Beaf is doing something GOOD
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by omosexy1: 8:17pm On May 24, 2012
The comments on this post clearly shows that some Nigerians are ignorant of the law. It is a criminal offense to drive recklessly or cause obstruction on the highway. It is clearly stated in the Penal Code for Lagos State. If you drive frequently in Lagos, you would agree with me that many truck and commercial drivers should be behind bars (now when you add Okada to the list, it is something else). These drivers are public nuisance, obstruct the free flow of traffic, create and cause accidents on the road. They have virtually taken the laws into their hands and act like they don't care. LASTMA officials, who are suppose to ensure traffic management only look out for their pockets.

Fashola only acted according to the Law. I pray stringent traffic laws are passed to ensure sanity in Lagos roads and also LASTMA should work efficiently and effectively to get rid of mad men who protray themselves as drivers off Lagos roads. People should know that they can also sue drivers who obstruct the free flow of traffic, all they have to do is to sue under "Public Nuisance" and get people who suffered the injustice to testify in court.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 24, 2012
i am in full support

those crazy trailer drivers are a law unto themselves and a danger to us all

driving with expired tires, faulty brakes, no particulars and machines that should have been scrapped 10 years ago

90% of holdups and accidents are because of trailers
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by mbhs139(m): 8:24pm On May 24, 2012
Akiika: Now i understand we have a bigger problem than the bad leaders sef. See how common Nigerians are reasoning!
Person block road and he no even get driver's license and y'all think he should be let go? For your info., if you don't have a common auto insurance here in Houston and you are pulled over by the police.....you get handcuffed and straight to jail before you even get charged to court. This is how the societies you are lining up to obtain their visa works. Even if it's strange to you, at least you all watch all kinds of American TV series and they act some of these things. Na wah o!....what's dictatorship in that? is he the judge that translated the law and set the bail condition? abeg make we dey think before we hit that keyboard or keypad.

I thank God for people like you who still look back to seek and know what goes on in 'mother-land'. If not for people like you and others with good sense of judgement like yours, I wouldn't have said anything on this issue.

Some people's comment makes me want to throw up. What annoys me most is that these are presumably people who must have passed through the four walls of a school: university, polytechnic or even secondary school. Honestly, my heart bleeds for this country cry.

Serious. Our claim of having leadership problem is a far cry from the followership problem we are battling with.

In response to the issue, the report said the man was charged to court, fined N20,000 and two sureties in like sum but could not meet his bail condition. My question to some of you commentators is, should he be set free or what exactly do suggest the Governor should have done rather than charging hiim to court? I feel very sorry for this country. Honestly, I do.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by constantk: 8:26pm On May 24, 2012
Its interesting to note that someday, someway we will get to the promise land as a nation. The recklessness on our road had claimed many lives.two years ago i lost a honda accord car at 5star busstop along apapa oshodi express way when a commercial bus suddenly stopped on the expressway to pick passengers. However, the goovt had left area boys to torment lagosian so long that we are used to them. Imaging the number of death recorded during the frequent clashes on the island yet fashola turned blind eyes to this. The arrest and Prosecution of this man though a welcome development but it is because he does not have godfather like the rest. Fashola shld wake up and stop this selective judgement. If it had not happened to him everything goes. God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pres. Buhari To Host Four Heads Of State In Abuja Today / Photo Of Governors Fayose, Dickson And Yari / Why Does PMB Address Burning Issues Outside Shore Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.