Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy (19331 Views)

Magistrate Arrests Woman Who Scratched Her Car, Then Sent Her To Prison (Pic) / Did You See The Mistake On The Ministerial List Sent To The Senator Saraki? (Pic / Can Someone Please Sue Fg For Blocking Phone Services In Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 24, 2012
one evening three weeks ago, i came across a truck that had broken down around amuwo. this was around 9pm. no caution no nothing; someone had run into the trailer

at the very least the driver should be charged for reckless endangerment
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Kay17: 8:29pm On May 24, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

But was Fashola not at the scene of the crime?

If he was and he knows that there is an unfair punishment given, shouldn't he act on it?

Prison term is too much for traffic blockade/ lack of provision of "papers". Makes no sense.

In the state of Florida, if a driver fails to produce his/her license, she'd get a ticket. Not some prison term as though the driver killed somebody.

I believe so too. A ticket might have been better BUT according to what your legislators promulgated, such an offence is chargeable.

3 Likes

Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Omen100(m): 8:34pm On May 24, 2012
RICHIE BOI: in as much as i like BRF. His high-handedness is getting to much. angry

Beef, abi na watin u dey call ur name self, I dey shame 4 u dis day, d edioot of a driver nor even fit provide e driver's licence self, if all dis trailer & danfo drivers do u 4 lagos road, u 4 say na firing squid nay fit dem, especially danfo drivers, e 4 even b danfo driver self. u beef dey side an, if jona hear say u dey side bad tin, dem go sack u, den u go come become Olaga like here. Or u nor get sense self, hold dat ur job well becus men ready 2 quit bank work, oil work & others jobs 2 take over ur position, & I promise u say, we go do dis ur work better dan u self.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by oiseworld: 8:43pm On May 24, 2012
ayox2003:

Are you sure you wrote these two statements?

Where on earth are you from?

it not the same Beaf ja ré, na wa oh there are four different beaf's on nairaland now.

Beaf, the original

Beaf!, the first fake.
Kill beaf, that one we no they see him brake light again.
Beaf:, with a colom na the new one

thats 3 or 2 impostors. beaf enermy plentiii
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by ezurus: 8:48pm On May 24, 2012
Honestly it sounds funny, does it mean the Governor waited and see the driver been taken by police or he left orders and continue his jurney? I think there are more things to be battling on than feeding us with this rubbish.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by jmaine: 8:49pm On May 24, 2012
oiseworld:

it not the same Beaf ja ré, na wa oh there are four different beaf's on nairaland now.

Beaf, the original

Beaf!, the first fake.
Kill beaf, that one we no they see him brake light again.
Beaf:, with a colom na the new one

thats 3 or 2 impostors. beaf enermy plentiii

We get Beafroast sef cheesy . .
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Beaf: 8:49pm On May 24, 2012
jmaine:

lol . . . .With the rate at which the Beaf nairaland franchise is appreciating in value . .we might be seeing a [size=18pt]miss-Beaf . . . . .Mr_Beaf . .Mrs Beaf . . .O-Beaf . .tongue. . . .I_be_Beaf . .Original_ Beaf . . .I_am_Beaf cheesy .[/size] very soon . .bros, rush go patent that name . . . grin

Tank you! My broda! Tank you!
Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! You no fear fear?

All counterfeit Beafs line up at the firinq squad to avert a national tragedy.

Ayam now in in deep prayer on Mount Taborah, concentration drawing rivers of sweat from my righteous head!
On bended knee, chest heaving, head bobbing, fists pumping! Holy Ghost Fire!
Fervently praying to send Holy Ghost Fire into the left eye of Satan! For it is written; Babylon shall bow down to Beaf!

Its devil scaring day!

Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!! Holy Ghost Fire!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by oiseworld: 8:59pm On May 24, 2012
Beaf:

Tank you! My broda! Tank you!
Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! You no fear fear?

All counterfeit Beafs line up at the firinq squad to avert a national tragedy.

Ayam now in in deep prayer on Mount Taborah, concentration drawing rivers of sweat from my righteous head!
On bended knee, chest heaving, head bobbing, fists pumping! Holy Ghost Fire!
Fervently praying to send Holy Ghost Fire into the left eye of Satan! For it is written; Babylon shall bow down to Beaf!

Its devil scaring day!

Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!! Holy Ghost Fire!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

lol,
yeh! jamine, i forgot beafroast. Been a while we saw that one abi e don roast true true. Maybe someone has finally eaten him.

Beaf i join you for prayer. Lolll !!
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Beaf: 9:06pm On May 24, 2012
oiseworld:

lol,
yeh! jamine, i forgot beafroast. Been a while we saw that one abi e don roast true true. Maybe someone has finally eaten him.

Beaf i join you for prayer. Lolll !!

Tank you, my broda!
On this blessed day, we cramp and paralyse Babylon! grin grin grin grin
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by tonididdy(m): 9:14pm On May 24, 2012
could be a terrorist
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by sirrinky: 9:15pm On May 24, 2012
I am not particularly a fan of Fashola but i think this topic is twisted,this man is being arrested because he used his vehicle to block the road thus preventing other road users from free passage. USERS INCLUDING THE STATE GOVERNOR.He was even granted bail but clearly he fell short of the requirement. No drivers license,inability to produce shorties. So why should the matter be tied around Fashola like he got down and ordered the imprisonment of the Man.Miscreants should be disciplined so the system would have sanity.SIMPLE.,

1 Like

Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 24, 2012
undecidedNa wah! nothing person no go see for lagos. undecidedNa wah! nothing person no go see for lagos.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by LogicMind: 9:45pm On May 24, 2012
Yoruba land
Yoruba governor
Yoruba driver
Yoruba police
Yoruba judge
Yoruba justice

Can't wait long enough for my Biafra.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Pakavy(m): 9:47pm On May 24, 2012
jmaine:

We get Beafroast sef cheesy . .
and buffon biko i mean beafon.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Walexz02(m): 9:47pm On May 24, 2012
@ POSTER I FINK ITS NORMAL D MAN IS SUPPOSED TO B ARRESTED EVEN 4 OTHER OFFENCES SUCH AS NO DL grin
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Decapo: 9:48pm On May 24, 2012
cant laugh
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Smooth278(m): 9:52pm On May 24, 2012
well just to educate all u guys that dont know ur rights, the laws of Nigeria actually allows u to be without your license and particulars provided u bring it before a period of 48hrs... Fashola was wrong here just as he was wrong in the sack of almost 800 doctors!!!

NO RESPONSIBLE GOVT OR EMPLOYER OF LABOR SACKS THIS NUMBER OF SKILLED WORKERS BASED ON A WHIM!!! Reminds me of what Abacha did to the ASUU lecturers back in the days!!!
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Kayday(m): 9:52pm On May 24, 2012
Most people on this platform are in curable sectionalists. How can u be defending somebody who blocked the road. No DL, no vehicle papers and could not meet bail an6condition. Many people will taste jail if things are working properly in naija. Let BRF be.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by pcicero(m): 9:55pm On May 24, 2012
ismhab:
OLE LIKE UR FATHER OBJ.

Are you deliberately acting stu.pid? You have never written an intelligible post for once
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by malc619(m): 9:57pm On May 24, 2012
Beaf::

yeah...just came back to my senses...

Yeah..... D guy's brain has started developing.....
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by pcicero(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2012
Logic Mind: Yoruba land
Yoruba governor
Yoruba driver
Yoruba police
Yoruba judge
Yoruba justice

Can't wait long enough for my Biafra.

An illogical post from a self acclaimed logic (lunatic) mind
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by deeflamez(m): 10:02pm On May 24, 2012
Honestly, if i could name everyone that condemned the actions taken against the truck driver, i will and if possible i will recommend them for brain-surgery. I mean what the devil is wrong with y'all? We complain of reckless driving, deathtraps on the road, fatal accidents as a result of these non-chalant 'Road Kings' driving heavy trucks and tankers without giving regard to other road users while endangering their lives, we call for action against them to curb their irresponsible excesses and just when a 'Scap goat' is prosecuted, we scream blue murder cause it was directly involved with the Governor. If he did otherwise, most of us will say he doesn't know his job as the Chief Security Officer of the State.

1. He obstructed traffic DELiBERATELY
2. He had no Driver's License
3. Anyone could have run into the truck and it could have been fatal
4. If an Ambulance on emergency was rushing a patient to hospital, the victim would have died due to that single irresponsible act (just imagine if was your relative)
5. It posed a threat to the security of the number-one citizen of the State, as it could have been perceived as a set-up to assasinate the Governor
...6, 7, 8, 9 and a hundred more reasons would have been to the disadvatage of other road users. We should never sentimentally excuse these unruly behaviours from anybody for that matter. He was only very unlucky to have messed up right in the presence of the State Governor, else it would have been overlooked or maybe he would have bribed out of it and gone scot free. Whether anyone likes it or not, he was rightfully punished according to the Law and please this has nothing to do with 'tickets'.

Please when displaying our level of understanding on a developed soceity on a forum like this, let's speak wisely and without bias. It doesnot help, it only exposes your Foolishness, Stupidity and Ignorance of reality.

And those condemning him for the sack of Doctors, i laugh at your Stupidity, to be honest, they were well-paid, only that they got greedy and their actions which also caused the death of several patients in the hospitals warrants a Sack and even withdrawal of their Medical licences

One more thing, i would recommend Fashola for Presidency, any day, any year, any time.

*lights cigarette* ( ˘.˘)

@willadebo
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Abuchi249(m): 10:04pm On May 24, 2012
hotshot_peter: Why can't some people be objective in their reasoning?
Okay let us do it like this:
Was he wrong in obstructing traffic? Yes or No
Was it a crime? Yes or No
Was he prosecuted according to law? Yes or No
If your answer to all these questions is "Yes" then why in God's name are we blaming Fashola for doing the right thing? NAIJA!!!
when i first saw this post what angered me was that i thought fashola was doing it because he is governor but after reading it i now saw that know the man was committing a crime and fashola even arrested him through the right way by going to court and the likes(autocracy would have been if he told his bodyguards to beat the man mercillessly and lock him without court proceedings). Personally i believe in equality of all nigerians and believe soon we would get there,but truthfully anybody who sees anything wrong in this incident is either daft or so stupid he doesnt understand what a civilized state is. There is no lawlessness in this at all
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Kolababa: 10:07pm On May 24, 2012
Driving without licence alone attracts 6 - 12 month jail term.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Smooth278(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2012
deeflamez: Honestly, if i could name everyone that condemned the actions taken against the truck driver, i will and if possible i will recommend them for brain-surgery. I mean what the devil is wrong with y'all? We complain of reckless driving, deathtraps on the road, fatal accidents as a result of these non-chalant 'Road Kings' driving heavy trucks and tankers without giving regard to other road users while endangering their lives, we call for action against them to curb their irresponsible excesses and just when a 'Scap goat' is prosecuted, we scream blue murder cause it was directly involved with the Governor. If he did otherwise, most of us will say he doesn't know his job as the Chief Security Officer of the State.

1. He obstructed traffic DELiBERATELY
2. He had no Driver's License
3. Anyone could have run into the truck and it could have been fatal
4. If an Ambulance on emergency was rushing a patient to hospital, the victim would have died due to that single irresponsible act (just imagine if was your relative)
5. It posed a threat to the security of the number-one citizen of the State, as it could have been perceived as a set-up to assasinate the Governor
...6, 7, 8, 9 and a hundred more reasons would have been to the disadvatage of other road users. We should never sentimentally excuse these unruly behaviours from anybody for that matter. He was only very unlucky to have messed up right in the presence of the State Governor, else it would have been overlooked or maybe he would have bribed out of it and gone scot free. Whether anyone likes it or not, he was rightfully punished according to the Law and please this has nothing to do with 'tickets'.

Please when displaying our level of understanding on a developed soceity on a forum like this, let's speak wisely and without bias. It doesnot help, it only exposes your Foolishness, Stupidity and Ignorance of reality.

And those condemning him for the sack of Doctors, i laugh at your Stupidity, to be honest, they were well-paid, only that they got greedy and their actions which also caused the death of several patients in the hospitals warrants a Sack and even withdrawal of their Medical licences

One more thing, i would recommend Fashola for Presidency, any day, any year, any time.

*lights cigarette* ( ˘.˘)

@willadebo

You obviously know nothing about what being a Dr in Nigeria is all about so don't go on talking as if u know anything, lemme ask u a question, how much can i give you to get infected with HIV or Hepatitis B or Lassa fever yet our Nigeria doctors regularly deal with infected people all day long with the risk of getting all these infectious diseases in order to save life and are for the most part not appreciated by the public!!! Hazard allowance for doctors is about #5,000... now go do your research and tell us how much a Dr in any advanced society earns and then come back and talk!!!

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2004/TiffanyYam.shtml
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by pcicero(m): 10:15pm On May 24, 2012
ezurus: Honestly it sounds funny, does it mean the Governor waited and see the driver been taken by police or he left orders and continue his jurney? I think there are more things to be battling on than feeding us with this rubbish.

The driver would not have wilfully left the truck to block the road, although there are some maniacs amongst our road users. I also doubted if Fashola had remained in that traffic with all the security details in his convoy or any other governor's convoy for that matter. No sane driver would deliberately block a governor's convoy except 'dem follow am from village.'

The driver's inability to provide his driver's licence and other vehicular documents was his undoing. Even if he did...
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Abuchi249(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2012
Akiika: Now i understand we have a bigger problem than the bad leaders sef. See how common Nigerians are reasoning!
Person block road and he no even get driver's license and y'all think he should be let go? For your info., if you don't have a common auto insurance here in Houston and you are pulled over by the police.....you get handcuffed and straight to jail before you even get charged to court. This is how the societies you are lining up to obtain their visa works. Even if it's strange to you, at least you all watch all kinds of American TV series and they act some of these things. Na wah o!....what's dictatorship in that? is he the judge that translated the law and set the bail condition? abeg make we dey think before we hit that keyboard or keypad.
guy God bless you. I have been thinking this since. The problem with nigeria is not our leaders it is our people(take 4 instance arjen robben missed p.k against chelsea so every1 is blaming him but d truth is he is the only bayern player bold enough or opportuned to take it. The other players too could have missed it just that they did not try). My point is our leaders are our people and believe me if there were not people who think like them in nigeria then they would not have been nigerians. Its the way nigerians think thats what you see manifesting in our leaders. If nigerians change their mentality it is going to reflect.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by walexbiz(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So fashola is now another Abacha simply because he sacked those greedy doctors ? Abeg talk another matter !

any sane person knows that sacking the doctor was a wrong move especially when u made an agreement with them and u didn't fullfil it. Also the tanker driver should be taken to psychiatric home for evaluation.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by crackhouse(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2012
SimonAndal: He's finally showing his true colours.
hmm people sef. Sb blocked the road with DAF truck and he was arrested and taken to court and u are here talking trash. Is it b/cos the governor was involved that made it look as if it's a show of power?. That's how drivers behave thinking that nobody will come and challenge them b/cos Nigeria is a lawless country. It will serve as a lesson to others.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by alongeyink(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2012
fashola is really working hard to destroy his name and CAN I can't believe this.
Re: Driver Sent To Prison For Blocking Fashola’s Convoy by Abuchi249(m): 10:25pm On May 24, 2012
PurestBoy: I don't this would be the same if the same truck belonged to Dangote.
yeah i get your point but let me ask you a question should we because dangote would go free allow these man too to get free?. For how long would we continue like that?. Even in america there are men who are bound to get a little bit more favourable laws than others. I think men like this driver should be dealt with so nigeria would get ordered. With time when nigeria has become ordered and also back in the hands of the people(you know right now nigeria is not owned by the people but by the leaders), then people like dangote et all would have their doses given to them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pres. Buhari To Host Four Heads Of State In Abuja Today / 2019: APC Governors Move To Take Over Party Structure / Katsina Govt Paid Us ₦30m Ransom For Release Of Kankara Schoolboys — Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.