Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,344 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

9 Killed During Robbery Attack On First Bank And A Police Station In Ekiti. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 9 Killed During Robbery Attack On First Bank And A Police Station In Ekiti. (1090 Views)

Robbery Attack On Eko Bridge This Evening (Photos) / Woman, Grandchild Killed During Lagos Cult Clash(Pictured) / Cult Clash: 9 Killed In One Week In Ijebu Ode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

9 Killed During Robbery Attack On First Bank And A Police Station In Ekiti. by Nobody: 7:33am On May 25, 2012
Yesterday was hell for indigienes of Ilasa-Ekiti, in Ekiti East local Government Area of Ekiti state, as armed robbers numbering up to 15 stormed the community and attacked a police station, then robbed the First Bank beside the police station killing 9 people- 7 police men and 2 civilians (indiegienes). The armed robbers i believe had a good informant as the bank had just got cash delivery about 2 hours before the big boys came in. And funny enough the Governor of Ekiti was in Omuo, just 10 minutes drive away from Ilasa, when the incident occured. The armed robbers first stormed the police station with small bombs and grenades, causing serious damage to the building, scattered a police van, destroyed part of the roofing sheets of a nearby nursery school and killed 9 people. They then gained free access into the bank by blasting the bank's security door. In the bank, they ordered everyone to lie flat, siezed everyone's cellphone, took the manager inside and got their loot. They left the scene via a bush track behind the station. I wonder where such track would lead to. Men of the Mobile Police Division Ado Ekiti showed up almost 20minutes after the armed robbers had gone. Seriously speaking, even the mobile policemen were surprised at the commando-nature of the operation. The indigenes scampered for safety in nearby bushes as the highway gentlemen threw grenades and small bombs like bangers. The whole community was covered with dust and shells of bullets after the action film. The operation caused serious traffic, as it lasted for over an hour. An eye withness, a fellow corper, said the armed robbers where fearless, had everything in control and were well prepared for the operation as the little resistance they faced from the police was nothing but child's play. I was on my way to the bank to change the PIN of the newly Issued ATM card i got from my bank -wema. Wema bank as at the time of the robbery had no single dime. Customers who came to withdraw had to wait for others to deposit before being attended to. And the robbers did not go to wema despite its close proximity. I would have posted photos of the devastated bank and police station, but the fierce looking mobile police men ordered sympatizers not to take any photo and in short stay off the scene.

1 Like

Re: 9 Killed During Robbery Attack On First Bank And A Police Station In Ekiti. by Nobody: 7:38am On May 25, 2012
The west is becoming another Aba. 2 weeks ago, it was Akoko in Ondo state, where 5 banks were robbed. Today, na ekiti turn. This is the result of the high level of unemployment.
Re: 9 Killed During Robbery Attack On First Bank And A Police Station In Ekiti. by Nobody: 7:40am On May 25, 2012
These days bombs and grenade, don turn to knock outs and bangers. The man that invented the 'gun'. I wonder what he was thinking!
Re: 9 Killed During Robbery Attack On First Bank And A Police Station In Ekiti. by Nobody: 7:41am On May 25, 2012
Mod, u cn send the topic to the right section, if it is not in the right section. Thanx.
Re: 9 Killed During Robbery Attack On First Bank And A Police Station In Ekiti. by Jakumo(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2012
dirtymoney: Yesterday was hell for indigienes of Ilasa-Ekiti, in Ekiti East local Government Area of Ekiti state, as armed robbers numbering up to 15 stormed the community and attacked a police station, then robbed the First Bank beside the police station killing 9 people- 7 police men and 2 civilians (indiegienes). The armed robbers i believe had a good informant as the bank had just got cash delivery about 2 hours before the big boys came in. And funny enough the Governor of Ekiti was in Omuo, just 10 minutes drive away from Ilasa, when the incident occured.

The armed robbers first stormed the police station with small bombs and grenades, causing serious damage to the building, scattered a police van, destroyed part of the roofing sheets of a nearby nursery school and killed 9 people. They then gained free access into the bank by blasting the bank's security door. In the bank, they ordered everyone to lie flat, siezed everyone's cellphone, took the manager inside and got their loot. They left the scene via a bush track behind the station. I wonder where such track would lead to.

Men of the Mobile Police Division Ado Ekiti showed up almost 20minutes after the armed robbers had gone. Seriously speaking, even the mobile policemen were surprised at the commando-nature of the operation. The indigenes scampered for safety in nearby bushes as the highway gentlemen threw grenades and small bombs like bangers. The whole community was covered with dust and shells of bullets after the action film. The operation caused serious traffic, as it lasted for over an hour.

An eye withness, a fellow corper, said the armed robbers where fearless, had everything in control and were well prepared for the operation as the little resistance they faced from the police was nothing but child's play. I was on my way to the bank to change the PIN of the newly Issued ATM card i got from my bank -wema. Wema bank as at the time of the robbery had no single dime. Customers who came to withdraw had to wait for others to deposit before being attended to. And the robbers did not go to wema despite its close proximity. I would have posted photos of the devastated bank and police station, but the fierce looking mobile police men ordered sympatizers not to take any photo and in short stay off the scene.

Excellent writeup, DirtyMoney. My heart was beating with primal fear just reading your account. I hope you didn't make that chit up, because you should consider a career as a movie script writer if you did just tell a tale ha ha.

Anyway, those grenade-tossing gentlemen obviously had military backgrounds, given the brutal efficiency of their raid. I would be SCARED if I were a Nigerian policeman stationed near a bank anwhere within that country right now. I would be VERY scared, and would wear running shoes at all times.

Regarding the underlined sentences in the above account, it is clear that bank INSIDERS, planted or groomed in ALL Nigerian banks, keep bank robbery gangs updated in real time, as to the volume of cash present in bank vaults, so that raids can be scheduled accordingly, as was obviously the case in this instance.
Re: 9 Killed During Robbery Attack On First Bank And A Police Station In Ekiti. by mukina2: 10:16am On May 26, 2012

(1)

Wunmi Adebayo: The True Story / Photos: Couple Jailed For Havingsex With Their Own Kids!!! / Commercial Bus Driver Molests Passenger At Gun Point In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.