Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,713 members, 7,851,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:21 PM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (72330 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

Check the stats you old fart. . . . .They took 70 points of the available 72 points from the bottom 12 teams last season.

And according to you, they did that without Ronaldo and Tevez but Wellbeck, Macheda, Silly Gibson, et al? Reason straight.

~Sauron~:

Rafa has now gone THREE SEASONS without a single title to his name. . . .Pathetic!!!
If you are looking for the most useless EPL manager ever, Rafa Benitez is the man you are looking for.

'A banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap. Ta ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked. Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game." '-Wikipedia

Now does that sound familiar? Quit grasping at straws.

~Sauron~:

But he won an European cup in his first attempt at Man Utd in 1990, didn't he?

Unless winning a European Cup means finishing eleventh in the League, then I'm now convinced you've got life pretty mixed up. His first trophy came in the 1990 when he beat Coventry City 4-3 on agg in the FA cup final. Hardly a European cup, is it?

~Sauron~:

In 86, he said he would knock Liverpool off their fucking perch. . . . .He has done that already. . . .It's now 18-18. grin grin grin
Number 19 is on the way.

By the same silly reasoning, all it would take for Rafa to knock Utd off their perch is a SINGLE league title! wink
And besides, Liverpool has got 5 European titles and is still regarded as the most successful club in England. Live with it.
Finally Fergie is getting horribly old (as opposed to gracefully old) while Rafa is almost as young as Giggs! cheesy More time to send Utd back to the stone-ages!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Cristalz(f): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2009
Sauron and Brash, that will do. If you've got beef, take it elsewhere and let those interested in football focus on football.

Going to clean up now. . .
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by MrCrackles(m): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2009
Cristalz:

Sauron and Brash, that will do. If you've got beef, take it elsewhere and let those interested in football focus on football.
Going to clean up now. . .

I dont have beef with Sauron. . . .I dont think there is any beef unless Sauron has something to say to counter that! wink
He is one controversial mofo but i enjoy having him around! cool
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Sauron1: 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2009
tocdee:

And according to you, they did that without Ronaldo and Tevez but Wellbeck, Macheda, Silly Gibson, et al? Reason straight.

And yet you were alive when a full-strength Everton couldn't beat the Machedas, Welbecks and the Da Silvas in the FA cup semis in 90 minutes.

'A banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap. Ta ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked. Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game." '-Wikipedia

It is one thing for journalists and idiotic fans to say Ta ra Fergie. . . . .It is another thing for the board to listen.
The same useless fans albeit minority also kicked against the Glazers. . . . .where are they now?

Now does that sound familiar? Quit grasping at straws.

Shut your gob. . . . . .some section of Arsenal fans want Wenger out. . . . .Does that mean the Arsenal board is buying it?
How can what some senile piss-stained alcoholic fans say be the decision of the Man Utd board?
U need to quit your beer parlour gists. . . . .There's nothing called "almost sacked". . . .U are either sacked or you stay in the job.

Unless winning a European Cup means finishing eleventh in the League, then I'm now convinced you've got life pretty mixed up. His first trophy came in the 1990 when he beat Coventry City 4-3 on agg in the FA cup final. Hardly a European cup, is it?

U are a soccer illiterate. . . . . . .Ferguson won the European cup in 1990/91 when his Man Utd team beat Barcelona in Rotterdam.
This victory came in the season English clubs were allowed back to participate in European football after the 5-year ban.
So much for your football knowledge. . . . .and we are talking about the same manager that has already blazed the Scottish league with a small club like Aberdeen and also winning a European cup by beating Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

By the same silly reasoning, all it would take for Rafa to knock Utd off their perch is a SINGLE league title! wink

Nah. . . . . . .Mathematicians and people with logic won't see it that way. . . .
Before Ferguson won his first league title. . . It was 18-7.
As of today, it's 18-18. So even if Liverpool were to muster the effort to win it now. . . . Fergie will win it 11 times again before Liverpool cops another one.

And besides, Liverpool has got 5 European titles and is still regarded as the most successful club in England. Live with it.
Finally Fergie is getting horribly old (as opposed to gracefully old) while Rafa is almost as young as Giggs! cheesy More time to send Utd back to the stone-ages!

4 of those European titles were won playing the Champions of Austria, Belarus, Greece and Switzerland.
It wasn't a proper competition then. . . .If the same rules that applied then is still applying now then Liverpool woulda been absent in the Champions League for the last TWENTY YEARS. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
What a disgrace!!!!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chic2pimp(m): 3:21pm On Aug 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

And yet you were alive when a full-strength Everton couldn't beat the Machedas, Welbecks and the Da Silvas in the FA cup semis in 90 minutes.

It is one thing for journalists and idiotic fans to say Ta ra Fergie. . . . .It is another thing for the board to listen.
The same useless fans albeit minority also kicked against the Glazers. . . . .where are they now?

Shut your gob. . . . . .some section of Arsenal fans want Wenger out. . . . .Does that mean the Arsenal board is buying it?
How can what some senile piss-stained alcoholic fans say be the decision of the Man Utd board?
U need to quit your beer parlour gists. . . . .There's nothing called "almost sacked". . . .U are either sacked or you stay in the job.

U are a soccer illiterate. . . . . . .Ferguson won an European cup in 1990/91 when his Man Utd team beat Barcelona in Rotterdam.
This victory came in the season English clubs were allowed back to participate in European football after the 5-year ban.
So much for your football knowledge. . . . .and we are talking about the same manager that has already blazed the Scottish league with a small club like Aberdeen and also winning a European cup by beating Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

Nah. . . . . . .Mathematicians and people with logic won't see it that way. . . .
Before Ferguson won his first league title. . . It was 18-7.
As of today, it's 18-18. So even if Liverpool were to muster the effort to win it now. . . . Fergie will win it 11 times again before Liverpool cops another one.

4 of those European titles were won playing the Champions of Austria, Belarus, Greece and Switzerland.
It wasn't a proper competition then. . . .If the same rules that applied then is still applying now then Liverpool woulda been absent in the Champions League for the last TWENTY YEARS. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
What a disgrace!!!!!
Whether it was won playing against the champions of maidugiri,sapele or imo state, the cup was still won shikena grin grin grin cheesy cheesy. I can swear liverpool beat both real madrid and as roma in 1981 and 1984 respectively.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Sauron1: 3:25pm On Aug 05, 2009
chic2pimp:

Whether it was won playing against the champions of maidugiri,sapele or imo state, the cup was still won shikena grin grin grin cheesy cheesy. I can swear liverpool beat both real madrid and as roma in 1981 and 1984 respectively.

Arsenal have beaten those teams in recent times and they are yet to win it.
All i am saying is the quality of the opposition Liverpool played to win those titles is way inferior to what the situation is as of today.
Teams were retaining those titles for fun back in the days. . . . .Tell us why no team has been able to retain the UCL title since 92/93?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2009
Never mind Fergie,it is the fear and whiskey talking. he is an arrogant old cunt that thrives on mind games.  when he talks like this, it means he is scared. Remember the way he talked about man city.

The old bastard takes it too personal with liverpool angry, its all business after all.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Sauron1: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2009
bgees:

Never mind Fergie, he is an arrogant old cunt that thrives on mind games. when he talks like this, it means he is scared. Remember the way he talked about man city.

When was the last time Man City/Liverpool finished above SAF in the league.
The so called 'mind games' are overrated. . . . . .What is a mind game?

Fergie sneezes. . . .mind game
If he yawns in an interview. . . .It's also a mind game.
Y'all Scousers should get a life. . . . .Maybe y'all should start dominating the league then we can say Rafa thrives on mind games.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2009
he should shut up and keep his disrespectful opinions to himself.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2009
and so alonso left us.i still can't believe it angry sad. i hope we get the right replacements.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chic2pimp(m): 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

When was the last time Man City/Liverpool finished above SAF in the league.
The so called 'mind games' are overrated. . . . . .What is a mind game?

Fergie sneezes. . . .mind game
If he yawns in an interview. . . .It's also a mind game.
Y'all Scousers should get a life. . . . .Maybe y'all should start dominating the league then we can say Rafa thrives on mind games.

Don't mind them. I no kno which one na mind games peeps dey yarn about. Mind games don't win games teams do. If u don't win u are simply not good enough. No be mind games cause am.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by SUKKIE(m): 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2009
It seems Ferguson cant get over how we humiliated his team last season;it's understandable thou. I hope the likes of Rob Styles and Mike Riley will play by the refree book this season and quit riddin on MAN- U's ass .

Welcome to the mighty Reds Aquilani!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2009
Silly Sharon MUST be Fergie's secret love child. And can someone pls tell him that Utd did not win the European cup in 1990?! Thick lad.

By the way, welcome Aquilani!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Sauron1: 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2009
tocdee:

Silly Sharon MUST be Fergie's secret love child. And can someone pls tell him that Utd did not win the European cup in 1990?! Thick lad.

Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap. . . . . .That was meant to be 90/91 season.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 10:43pm On Aug 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap. . . . . .That was meant to be 90/91 season.

Do you really know what the European cup is? So you mean that Fergie has won it thrice? Or do you mean some other cup? Surely you do.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Sauron1: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2009
tocdee:

Do you really know what the European cup is? So you mean that Fergie has won it thrice? Or do you mean some other cup? Surely you do.

I did not say Champions League. . . . .I said European cup(equivalent of prolly UEFA cup or whatever).
The point is. . . . .he defeated Barcelona in 1991 to win it. . . . .
As per the one he won at Aberdeen, he trounced Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win it.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2009
~Sauron~:

I did not say Champions League. . . . .I said European cup(equivalent of prolly UEFA cup or whatever).
The point is. . . . .he defeated Barcelona in 1991 to win it. . . . .
As per the one he won at Aberdeen, he trounced Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to win it.

That was the UEFA Cup Winners Cup. It was rated between The European Cup/UCL and the Uefa Cup and was later scrapped in 1994. Now I'm off to bed.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Sauron1: 11:16pm On Aug 05, 2009
tocdee:

That was the UEFA Cup Winners Cup. It was rated between The European Cup/UCL and the Uefa Cup and was later scrapped in 1994. Now I'm off to bed.

Go and sleep. . . . .I hope Beelzebub visits you in your sleep.
Bloody Scouser!!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by sirwebs(m): 6:19am On Aug 06, 2009
Beelzebub! WTF?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by swezenberg(m): 8:08am On Aug 06, 2009
I don't know who exactly is in charge of this thread among the Nairaland adminstrators. Pls kindly help me change the Thread title to Liverpool-The most succesful club from England.

18 times Premiership Champion
5 times Champions League Champion.

We rule England. No doubt. Reds for life.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by swezenberg(m): 8:16am On Aug 06, 2009
Sauron,

You talked of liverpool beating lowly rated oppositions in the past to clinch their titles. How many highly rated teams did Man u beat last season clinch the title. In fact you should not be here with the double we gave u last season. One on one you are no match with Liverpool. You can go and exhibit your ego on Westbrom. We are not even seeing you this season. I think our concentration is on the blues and not relegated ridden devils.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 10:57am On Aug 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Go and sleep. . . . .I hope Beelzebub visits you in your sleep.
Bloody Scouser!!!

AAAAhHHH! YAAAWNNNN! I woke up today, thanks. Beelzebub CANNOT visit me in my sleep because 'The Lord gives sleep to His loved ones'. You may have been joking but that was a bit over the top, don't you think? But then again you support the Red devils.

swezenberg:

I don't know who exactly is in charge of this thread among the Nairaland adminstrators. Pls kindly help me change the Thread title to Liverpool-The most succesful club from England.

18 times Premiership Champion
5 times Champions League Champion.

We rule England. No doubt. Reds for life.

Supported. By the way, after reading comments by Totti, De Rossi, some ex-Roma stars, and Roma fans, I can't help feeling we've got a great player in our hands!! Welcome Aquilani!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Sauron1: 12:26pm On Aug 06, 2009
tocdee:

AAAAhHHH! YAAAWNNNN! I woke up today, thanks. Beelzebub CANNOT visit me in my sleep because 'The Lord gives sleep to His loved ones'. You may have been joking but that was a bit over the top, don't you think? But then again you support the Red devils.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

swezenberg:

Sauron,
You talked of liverpool beating lowly rated oppositions in the past to clinch their titles. How many highly rated teams did Man u beat last season clinch the title.

United went 25 UCL games unbeaten before suffering a freak loss to Barcelona.
In the game run. . . .teams like Roma, Barcelona, Arsenal, Inter Milan, FC Porto, Celtic were all put to the sword.

In fact you should not be here with the double we gave u last season. One on one you are no match with Liverpool. You can go and exhibit your ego on Westbrom.

The first double in many years. . . . .By the law of average, you deserved one.
Fergie has done 3 doubles on Rafa Benitez alone. . . . .never mind your previous moronic managers.

We are not even seeing you this season. I think our concentration is on the blues and not relegated ridden devils.

No league title in 20 years. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chic2pimp(m): 2:19am On Aug 07, 2009
SAURON Don't worry when liverpool recapture the league title dis season, U would stop shinning ur teeth tongue wink cheesy
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by biina: 2:40am On Aug 07, 2009
How can you win a title when the coach suffers from schizophrenia? undecided

From Rafa Benitez:
“Alberto is a player with the quality we are looking for," said the Liverpool manager.
“He can play a little bit higher than Javier Mascherano – maybe between him and Steven Gerrard. He has good passing – the final ball is good – and he works.
“If he can settle down properly in England he can be a very good addition. Alberto has a winning mentality and great experience in both Serie A and the Champions League. He has long been recognised as a top class talent.
"The signing should excite the fans. He won the Under-19 European Championship with his country, and Under-21 too. He has some trophies – including the Italian Cup.
"I always remember one game – England versus Italy Under-21s at Wembley, and he was man of the match in a 3-0 win."

It is only Rafa that saw that match, 'cos when England and Italy's U21 played at Wembley, the result was 3-3 and Aquilani did not play shocked

Benitez has finally gone mad shocked tongue grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 12:09pm On Aug 07, 2009
I hope Aquilani can be sorted out b4 the atletico friendly so we can see him play. YNWA!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Kelvinj(m): 1:30pm On Aug 07, 2009
Well, all u lfc h8ters 4rm 16th of dis month & counting we'll no who's boss.
@lfc fans here's a link 4 all abt aquilaini
http://www.goal.com/en/news/184/player-profile/2009/08/06/1424414/english-angle-attention-liverpool-fans-everything-you-want

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chic2pimp(m): 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2009
biina:

From Rafa Benitez:
“Alberto is a player with the quality we are looking for," said the Liverpool manager.
“He can play a little bit higher than Javier Mascherano – maybe between him and Steven Gerrard. He has good passing – the final ball is good – and he works.
“If he can settle down properly in England he can be a very good addition. Alberto has a winning mentality and great experience in both Serie A and the Champions League. He has long been recognised as a top class talent.
"The signing should excite the fans. He won the Under-19 European Championship with his country, and Under-21 too. He has some trophies – including the Italian Cup.
"I always remember one game – England versus Italy Under-21s at Wembley, and he was man of the match in a 3-0 win."

It is only Rafa that saw that match, 'cos when England and Italy's U21 played at Wembley, the result was 3-3 and Aquilani did not play shocked

grin grin grin cheesy grin grin Although I think he always talking about a different match.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by SUKKIE(m): 9:20pm On Aug 07, 2009
bgees:

I hope Aquilani can be sorted out b4 the atletico friendly so we can see him play. YNWA! gba o!

The kid is just recuperating,he's even doubtful for the Spurs game. Hope he stays injury-free,might be the signing of the season.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2009
I hope so too. And I think we should get another midfielder like Stephen Defour just in case.

So we now have Skrtel and Riera injured.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by chic2pimp(m): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2009
ANFIELD WARRIORS una man AQUATIC AQUILANI is out for 6-8weeks. Shey bad luck don start already. Let hope not for una sake
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 6:23am On Aug 08, 2009
chic2pimp:

ANFIELD WARRIORS una man AQUATIC AQUILANI is out for 6-8weeks. Shey bad luck don start already. Let hope not for una sake

Had surgery in May and is recuperating very well. Hardly news or even bad luck.

biina:

[/b][/color]

so you want us to believe that simple mistakes like the one above mean he's mad? We live in a world of mad people then.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100)

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.