Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,246 members, 7,829,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! (71794 Views)

Liverpool FC Fan Zone: Champions of England / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by switch47(m): 5:59pm On May 18, 2009
LIVERPOOL is a force to reckon with in the premiership   The best teams in terms of possible title challenge next season are  Arsenal(Beauty) ,manchester united(Handsome) and  Chelsea  ( Beast)  And liverpool is always a threat to them all. RAFA deserves to win the premiership one of these years!! considering the way they ended this season, they may start off next season A serious contender! Liverpools league title may not be far off!! A team with so much class!! it s only a matter of time!!

switch47!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 6:09pm On May 18, 2009
true
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by amigoes(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2009
bgees:

007 is a red!

HE DOESN'T WANT TO WALK ALONE!

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]YNWA[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 8:28pm On May 26, 2009
Hi Guys,
Lets discuss the transfer season. . . . .

My 2 top targets for Rafa:

1. Tevez (he'll provide really good cover for Torres & ensure all the draws that messed up our season don't happe again,in addition tokeeping Mascharano company grin)

2. Gareth Barry -If Alonso goes (i really pray this doesnt happen),Barry's probably the most underrated player in the premiership,he's essentially the diff btw Aston Villa and mid table premier league finish.

[center]

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss
[/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 6:09pm On May 27, 2009
alonso must not go.

although rafa knows best , i would want tevez, a winger - david silva or zhirkov and maybe barry.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by toshmann(m): 10:59pm On May 27, 2009
dear kopites,

been a while, dont blame me, it has been difficult adapting in a new country. and then recession happened. i hardly followed the soccer season this yr. soccer is not so popular in this country, so coverage is poor. but next season i'll get more channels to help me watch more games.

meanwhile, something good happened this year. the good news is . . . . . . . .

[size=20pt]Barca 2:0 Man U[/size]

ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by dayokanu(m): 2:33am On May 28, 2009
Barca 2 Man Utd 0

The most one sided final in 5 years

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 7:45am On May 28, 2009
@dayokanu,
i agree with u.

Fellow kopites, it has been long since we got to the final of the uefa champ' league. We need to mount a stronger challenge next season.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2009
man City gets barry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8079088.stm

I honestly wished we got him instead,god cover for Mascherano & Alonso. . .

God dey

wink
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 10:14pm On Jun 02, 2009
We should buy one of the Uche brother or Osaze,those guys are world class. . .

[center]YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE !!! kiss kiss kiss[/center]
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by congoshine(m): 8:36pm On Jun 03, 2009
I concur !!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 10:58am On Jun 04, 2009
I would have liked to have us sign Barry too. But he is gone now. We need a new central midfielder though and if Rafa doesn't get one,he should better bring Jay Spearing into the 1st team.

Right now we have been linked with:

Tuncay Sanli.

David Silva.

Lavezzi and;
glen johnson.

I hope we act fast before Chelsea snatch away Glen Johnson.

Y. N. W. A!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by congoshine(m): 6:10pm On Jun 05, 2009
Tuncay. . . never !!!
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2009
congoshine:

Tuncay. . . never !!!

Why? I rate him very highly especially after his heroics for Turkey during the Euros. Funny enough, I told my brother about 3 months ago that I'd love the bloke to come to Merseyside. His touches are good and he could play as a striker or in the hole.

I'm almost relieved Barry didn't come. Not needed imo. As bgees mentioned, Jay Spearing could be blooded into the team. The lad's got talent and recently, I watched him score a magnificent hat-trick for the reserves. He's short but so is Barca's trio of Iniesta, Messi and Xavi.

I hope we get Glen Johnson too.

Jarzinho mentioned the Uche's. SPOT ON!!! Ikechukwu Uche has got the dribble skills of Messi  grin ! I rate those guys above Silva, honestly since the latter doesn't seem physically up to the rigours of the EPL.

@Toshmann
Welcome back! Had some people worried here smiley Good to see those large colourful posts!

Finally; I really hope G+H just sell up and get out. I really detest them.

YNWA

Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by Jairzinho(m): 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2009
Tuncay doesn't seem to consistent for me. . . his work rate is fine ,but you never know what you're getting(just like Obafemi Martins),now we've lost barry we must never lose xabi. . .I learnt Real are on the prowl angry angry
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by RuuDie(m): 2:59pm On Jun 08, 2009
LIVERPOOL'S AUDITORS ISSUE WARNING – 6/6/09

Liverpool's auditors have issued a warning about the club's ability to meet soaring interest payments. The club's latest accounts revealed that Liverpool paid £36.5m in interest on their debts in the financial year ending 31 July 2008. Auditors KPMG warned of a 'material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt upon the group's ability to continue as a going concern.' It is realised inside the club that not enough money is being generated to cover the interest payments of Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd., the club's holding company. This is in spite of the announcement of a record turnover of £159.1m and a pre-tax profit of £30.2m. Even so, the club's net debt - not including that of the holding company - almost doubled from £43.9m to £86m. Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd. made a pre-tax loss of £40.9m, with its net debt rising to £299.5m. It has not helped that the club's American owners made a poor call on the direction of interest rates, entering into fixed agreements between 4.3 per cent and 6 per cent as the Bank of England cut its rate to a record low of 0.5 per cent. The cost of exiting these hedging agreements would total £30.6m, prompting KPMG to describe them as 'potentially onerous contracts'.

The accountants' warnings come as Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. continue to look for outside investment and, in the more immediate future, to renegotiate their existing £350m loan. The Americans have until July 24 to refinance their credit deals with Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia. They are hopeful of securing at least a six month extension which would give them breathing space. Liverpool sources have trying to play down the KPMG comments, dismissing them as 'unduly alarmist' or seeking to explain them away as a standard statement when a company is negotiating a refinancing package. Nevertheless, the implications could be serious. Uefa, which runs the Champions League, demands that clubs provide detailed financial forecasts before it will issue them with a licence to compete in its competition. Hicks and Gillet are under growing pressure to sell the club, having failed to raise the finance to build a new stadium, which is vital to their plan for long-term growth.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2009
We need to do something about the Americans. they are not helping things as it looks. once again ,for us, the transfer period has been frustrating.

Real Madrid look to have dropped interest in Alonso. wink

here is hoping we don't lose Masch to Barcelona.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 4:01pm On Jun 12, 2009
now i hear we might sign Saviola . so far , i have not been happy about us in the market.

Liverpool hope to complete the £5million transfer of Javier Saviola from Real Madrid next week.

Rafa Benitez is keen to sign the Argentina international nicknamed the Rabbit who joined Madrid on a Bosman free from Barcelona two years ago.

The 27-year-old, who has scored 12 goals in 44 internationals, has struggled to establish himself at the Bernabeu and has been told to vacate the No 9 shirt, which will be worn by Cristiano Ronaldo next season.

Ronaldo, on the verge of completing an £80m transfer from Manchester United, has already trademarked 'CR9' for marketing purposes.

Saviola, who has Spanish citizenship, will have even fewer chances with Madrid following the arrival of Kaka and Ronaldo and would offer Liverpool more options in attack.

Madrid intend to offload up to 10 players to accommodate and help fund a spending spree that could reach £260m.

The Spanish giants want to sign Xabi Alonso and, after meeting resistance from Liverpool, may offer Saviola as part of a renewed bid for the 27-year-old.

Alonso also interests Manchester City, but Benitez insists he is going nowhere.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1192514/Liverpool-close-5m-Real-Madrid-outcast-Javier-Saviola.html
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2009
right now i hear rumours like:

barcelona want mascherano for eto.

real madrid are willing to exchange heinze and robben for alonso.
i like the sound or robben but i can't stand seeing alonso go.

rafa will step up his pursuit of glen johnson.

real madrid also want arbeloa.

lets jut hope for the best.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ Bgees

Alonso and The Masch aren't going anywhere. It seems like Glen Johnson is on his way here. Hope it doesn't mean Arby's departure.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 10:24am On Jun 17, 2009
Here's our fixture list for the 09/10 EPL season. We ALWAYS seem to start away (since 2003)
Happy with the list though wink wink

August
15 Tottenham (A)
19 Stoke (H)
22 Aston Villa (H)
29 Bolton (A)

September
12 Burnley (H)
19 West Ham (A)
26 Hull (H)

October
3 Chelsea (A)
17 Sunderland (A)
24 Man Utd (H)
31 Fulham (A)

November
7 Birmingham (H)
21 Man City (H)
28 Everton (A)

December
5 Blackburn (A)
12 Arsenal (H)
16 Wigan (H)
19 Portsmouth (A)
26 Wolverhampton (H)
28 Aston Villa (A)

January
9 Tottenham (H)
16 Stoke (A)
26 Wolverhampton (A)
30 Bolton (H)

February
6 Everton (H)
9 Arsenal (A)
20 Man City (A)
27 Blackburn (H)

March
6 Wigan (A)
13 Portsmouth (H)
20 Man Utd (A)
27 Sunderland (H)

April
3 Birmingham (A)
10 Fulham (H)
17 West Ham (H)
24 Burnley (A)

May
1 Chelsea (H)
9 Hull (A)
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 10:59am On Jun 17, 2009
It wouldn't be wise to let sell Arbeloa. I'm sure rafa wouldn't do that. We can't afford to have just one right back,a new buy that may flop. Dossena looks more likely to go.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2009
we've signed Glen Johnson!

IVERPOOL boss Rafa Benitez admitted today that his £17m capture of Glen Johnson was more than he wanted to spend on a full-back.

But he also revealed that the huge outlay does not signal the end of his summer spending.

With Chelsea also willing to pay Portsmouth’s asking price for the England defender, Benitez admitted: “Sometimes you have to spend a little bit more.

“You can’t compete in the top four of the Premier League unless you spend some money.

“We were looking for a player of quality and also somebody who is British because of the new Champions League rules.

“Glen Johnson fits both categories.”

The player has agreed a deal with the Reds and is expected to formally put pen to paper in the next 48 hours.

And he may not be the last new face at Anfield this summer.

“We have a plan,” added Benitez. “We can sign one more player if necessary, but that’s without any players leaving.”

Benitez is bracing himself for a bid from Real Madrid for Alvaro Arbeloa. but he is also concerned by the increasing speculation surrounding midfielders Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano.

The Reds boss has made it clear that he would not welcome bids for either player, but while Real have publicly stated their interest in Alonso has ended, Barcelona are refusing to give up on Mascherano despite Benitez’s very firm hands-off warning.

First to leave, however, could be Arbeloa.

“Alvaro Arbeloa has had a very good season but he has one year left on his contract,” said the Reds boss. “If he signs that will be good because we will have more competition, but if we get a good offer we will have to consider it.”

Benitez is also hoping that on-loan players Sebastien Leto and Andriy Voronin could bring in more transfer funds, while a return to Italy for Andrea Dossena is also on the cards.

The Reds also completed the signing of two junior players yesterday.

Spanish press reported the signing of 15-year-old Jesus Joaquin Fernandez from Cadiz.

The Reds are said to have beaten off competition from Barcelona, Real Madrid, Sevilla and Villarreal for the midfielder’s services.

Liverpool have also sealed the signing of teenage striker Aaron King from Rushden and Diamonds.

King, 16, impressed during a recent trial period at Anfield and has now signed a two-year scholarship agreement.

“We are all absolutely thrilled for Aaron – this is a brilliant achievement for everyone involved in his development throughout the five years that he has been with us,” Rushden’s head of youth development Paul Driver said

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver, 0252-23949351/
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by SUKKIE(m): 12:08am On Jun 24, 2009
I hope Glen Johnson's performance last season wont be a flash in a pan,cos
to me £17 mill for just a season with sparks is a gamble o.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2009
SUKKIE:

I hope Glen Johnson's performance last season wont be a flash in a pan,cos
to me £17 mill for just a season with sparks is a gamble o.

I hope so too, and the thought of Rafa thinking of selling Arbeloa worries me more. the guy didn't do well at Chelsea although he wasn't really given any chance.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by raregem004: 9:14am On Jun 25, 2009
I pledge to support Liverpool till i die,so help me God wink wink
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by tocdee(m): 10:44am On Jun 25, 2009
Rafa does not want to sell Arbeloa, the player just yearns to return to Real Madrid where he started. I don't blame the lad neither will I miss him. However, I'd love for him to stay as he's a solid utility player; LB, RB and DC.

As for Glen Johnson's fee, any first team player in England's national team would cost just as much plus The UEFA CL quota system requires a certain amount of home-grown players in the registered team. That's why Hyppia missed out of the group stages last term.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:27pm On Jun 25, 2009
tocdee:

Rafa does not want to sell Arbeloa, the player just yearns to return to Real Madrid where he started. I don't blame the lad neither will I miss him. However, I'd love for him to stay as he's a solid utility player; LB, RB and DC.

As for Glen Johnson's fee, any first team player in England's national team would cost just as much plus The UEFA CL quota system requires a certain amount of home-grown players in the registered team. That's why Hyppia missed out of the group stages last term.

I will miss Arbeloa if he leaves, but isn't it unwise for him to return to real madrid? He was a promising player in the Madrid youth set-up, he couldn't get into the first team becos of Sergio Ramos ,hence he was sold to Deportivo. now he wants to return to Real Madrid?
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 7:33pm On Jun 26, 2009
Hi guys ,Long time . . . . . . ,

The 2009/10 season's for our taking,if we just keep focused.

The Glen Johnson move is a good start.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8102625.stm
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by illusion2: 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2009
RuuDie:

LIVERPOOL'S AUDITORS ISSUE WARNING – 6/6/09

Liverpool's auditors have issued a warning about the club's ability to meet soaring interest payments. The club's latest accounts revealed that Liverpool paid £36.5m in interest on their debts in the financial year ending 31 July 2008. Auditors KPMG warned of a 'material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt upon the group's ability to continue as a going concern.' It is realised inside the club that not enough money is being generated to cover the interest payments of Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd., the club's holding company. This is in spite of the announcement of a record turnover of £159.1m and a pre-tax profit of £30.2m. Even so, the club's net debt - not including that of the holding company - almost doubled from £43.9m to £86m. Kop Football (Holdings) Ltd. made a pre-tax loss of £40.9m, with its net debt rising to £299.5m. It has not helped that the club's American owners made a poor call on the direction of interest rates, entering into fixed agreements between 4.3 per cent and 6 per cent as the Bank of England cut its rate to a record low of 0.5 per cent. The cost of exiting these hedging agreements would total £30.6m, prompting KPMG to describe them as 'potentially onerous contracts'.

The accountants' warnings come as Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. continue to look for outside investment and, in the more immediate future, to renegotiate their existing £350m loan. The Americans have until July 24 to refinance their credit deals with Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia. They are hopeful of securing at least a six month extension which would give them breathing space. Liverpool sources have trying to play down the KPMG comments, dismissing them as 'unduly alarmist' or seeking to explain them away as a standard statement when a company is negotiating a refinancing package. Nevertheless, the implications could be serious. Uefa, which runs the Champions League, demands that clubs provide detailed financial forecasts before it will issue them with a licence to compete in its competition. Hicks and Gillet are under growing pressure to sell the club, having failed to raise the finance to build a new stadium, which is vital to their plan for long-term growth.

we're sorting this out. . . .
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8114377.stm
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by bgees(m): 5:51pm On Jun 27, 2009
News of Alonso leaving have been very rampant recently, i just hope we won't get tempted to sell him. after a promising season we might just get worse if we sell our best players sad.
Re: Liverpool F.C Fans Zone - the Mighty Reds ! by kliverpool(m): 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2009
I dont want Alonzo to go cos Gerrard can not do the job in middle alone.
Lucas can not take his place too.
we need all our best player if we want to win anything this coming season.
if pilipe-melo can come to us.alonzo can go.

Glen is a good buy,i think he will do well

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (100)

French Ligue 1, Spanish La Liga, Italian Serie A, Dutch Eredivisi And Bundesliga / UEFA Champions League Quarter Final Draw / UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.