Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,025 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland (13852 Views)

A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 / Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) / Pictures Of Nairaland Back In 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Ninilowo(m): 9:13am On May 26, 2012
Too boring! Nairaland all d way. I like all the e-bashing, e-fighting, e-insult,e-advice, e.t.c on NL
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Cuteobi(f): 9:14am On May 26, 2012
LAGbook undecided how come am just hearing about it
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Nobody: 9:16am On May 26, 2012
lagbook ko! textbook ni! mstcheeew!
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Bestlyf: 9:24am On May 26, 2012
Dettol: if they don't take care of themselves, who will? They're just blowing their own trumpet.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by moderattor: 9:25am On May 26, 2012
Gombs:

dont mind[b] d[/b] clown,wonders whether he's smarter than we all who has ignored[b] d[/b] typo[b]....[/b]Some folks are just unbelievable[b]...Well[/b],i want to think he means well
I mean well. And want to believe yours was a typo too.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by crackhouse(m): 9:35am On May 26, 2012
190: A book for lagosians

i aint in lagos so e nor concern me
pls read before u comment
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Ganys: 9:42am On May 26, 2012
Eeeewoo, i though they are spammer, I do see them messing arround on celebrity facebook pages...Never knew they are for real
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Caracta(f): 9:48am On May 26, 2012
LAGbook means LADIES AND GENTLEMEN book. All the same, comparing lagbook to nairaland doesn't make sense to me. To each, his own.

1 Like

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by bizybrain(m): 9:49am On May 26, 2012
Lagbook!! Its sounds new obviously. Nice concept though but Nairaland still remains the undisputed champion. Keep d flag flying seun cos now ur in competition with Facebook.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Jarus(m): 9:51am On May 26, 2012
I never hear Lagbook before
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by lilvonz(m): 10:09am On May 26, 2012
Actually, LAGbook means "Ladies and Gentlemen book".
It doesnt necessarily mean they copied Mark's idea of the name "facebook".
Let us learn to respect and appreciate things "Made in Nigeria" too.
Cheers
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:33am On May 26, 2012
As far as I am concerned Nairaland is still an original concept representing Naija. Imagine LAGBOOK to FACEBOOK. Kind of remind me of the HOLLYWOOD, NOLLYWOOD names. Whatever Lagbook is claiming it does not sound original with the addition of the BOOK thing.
Even Mark Zuckeberg used an original name for his website despite claims that he stole the idea. I do not know lagbook and I do not care to know, but I know Nairaland and I am contented.

This is just an attempt to give more publicity to their site through Nairaland.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by soloqy: 12:49pm On May 26, 2012
virtuoso01:

And Seun duly obliged them by moving it to the frontpage knowing what was coming their way....

Seun , you sly devil you...... wink cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by abdulkayus(m): 12:52pm On May 26, 2012
Abeg wit 1 be lagbook again? I am jus hearin it for d 1st tym, dere is even no originality, for me Nairaland has come to stay. Nairaland all d way, sincerely speakin i gain alot frm nairaland, nowadays i even spent more tym on nairaland dan on FB, 2go and twitter. Lagbook ko onitshabook ni
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by caspapa(m): 1:21pm On May 26, 2012
Lagbook don suffer today, shai.

@Sology, na only you get why dem put the topic for frontpage, enough bashing.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Abimbade: 1:50pm On May 26, 2012
virtuoso01: As far as I am concerned Nairaland is still an original concept representing Naija. Imagine LAGBOOK to FACEBOOK. Kind of remind me of the HOLLYWOOD, NOLLYWOOD names. Whatever Lagbook is claiming it does not sound original with the addition of the BOOK thing.
Even Mark Zuckeberg used an original name for his website despite claims that he stole the idea. I do not know lagbook and I do not care to know, but I know Nairaland and I am contented.

their aims and objective has been fulfilled... cause many people will join the site thru their stooooopid cunny adverts Seun U DONT not need to put this THREAD on the front page......... puffs my ganja and off i go to the romance section..... NAIRALAND MY COUNTRY.......
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Onyenna(m): 2:16pm On May 26, 2012
@Op
U have successfully advertised lagbook......before now no one knew of it....I wish the twins all d best.... I still love my nairaland peeps(they're d best).....
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by thoniann(m): 2:22pm On May 26, 2012
FELLAS,CHECK OUT MY NEW SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE CALLED "IGBOBOOK". ITS For Serious Minded weed smokers who have something 'hiray' to express. you Can Also Connect With Other Weed smokers locally and internationally. for Guys Who Wish To Date weed smoking babes,this is the forum for you. i Had To Create This Site Since Its Fun Creating sites with the suffix "-book". Mtcheeew.... copycats siblings!
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by ebamma(m): 2:22pm On May 26, 2012
its not about having 70,000 members,but 70,000 active members
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by naptu2: 2:36pm On May 26, 2012
Slumbook-Facebook-Lagbook
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by NEROSKY(m): 2:37pm On May 26, 2012
I thought the money you guys grabs from etisalat is enough ?huh?
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by NEROSKY(m): 2:38pm On May 26, 2012
I thought the money you guys grabs from etisalat is enough ?huh?
''Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland''
what doz diz phrash gat 2 do wif Nairaland?
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by okeyxyz(m): 2:40pm On May 26, 2012
this is just a ploy to get people visiting & registering on lagbook. typical marketing!
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by dejiswaggs(m): 3:10pm On May 26, 2012
lagbook kor AjeguleBook ni! Awon copy Copy oshi! Nairaland is still the peoples choice...(even if most of us don't like the new interface) and there are many cool informative nigerian website that are way too better than lagbook!
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Fairgodwin(m): 3:23pm On May 26, 2012
childluck: @poster. Nairaland isn't the best around, quite true! Lagbook will also not be everything to everyboby.
And if Lagbook gives you everything why are you stll here?

Don't criticise other people's ideas, only you can suggest ways to improve and that's only if you must!

I for one love this planet called Nairaland and the wonderful people living in it !!!
You just spoke my mind! I love nairaland, and really don't care about Lag, Nas, or 'Josbook'.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 3:33pm On May 26, 2012
Na only Lagbook? Osu journal nko? Rubbish.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Unibenbook: 3:51pm On May 26, 2012
facebook is worth more than a 100billion dollars and we do not derive benefits frm using this service.lagbook gives away free airtime.what is nt unique about that
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Sugardiva(f): 4:01pm On May 26, 2012
Lagbook is such a trailblazer it cant even be original with its name? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by folu500(m): 5:01pm On May 26, 2012
guys make una take am easy with the op now. we all know that its a marketing/advertising strategy
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2012
Businesses that start out trying to bring down their big competition don't go far. All they have to do is to appreciate what the top guns are doing and try to build on that premise and not to come out and start boasting of how you're better than the other person.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tutorials In Webmasters Section / How Can I Unsubscribe The Whatsapp Plan On Airtel / "Basics Of Getting Google Adsense Approval 2016"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.