Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland (13851 Views)

A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 / Linda Ikeji Exposes The Guys Trying To Bring LIB Down (pix, Must Read) / Pictures Of Nairaland Back In 2005 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by chinedumo(m): 6:21pm On May 26, 2012
[size=20pt]imagine LAGBOOK being as old as Nairaland?
imagine it with their current pace of achievement of two years

Nairaland should Do a "membership drive"

898859 members is disgraceful

even Nairaland has a lot of inactive members

the bases of comparison i used for both Nairaland and LAGBOOK is "Nigeria-NESS"

there are people in Nigeria who have not heard of Nairaland

the unfavorable disposition of majority of Nairalanders to this thread
will not cause me to withdraw my call to Nairaland to "sit up"

one more thing

I am not in the pay book of LagBook
[/size]

i want to congratulate Nairaland for not suppressing this thread. for being democratic

are there columns dedicated to nairaland in newspapers?
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by soloqy: 6:46pm On May 26, 2012
chinedumo: [size=20pt]imagine LAGBOOK being as old as Nairaland?
imagine it with their current pace of achievement of two years

Nairaland should Do a "membership drive"

898859 members is disgraceful

even Nairaland has a lot of inactive members

the bases of comparison i used for both Nairaland and LAGBOOK is "Nigeria-NESS"

there are people in Nigeria who have not heard of Nairaland

the unfavorable disposition of majority of Nairalanders to this thread
will not cause me to withdraw my call to Nairaland to "sit up"

one more thing

I am not in the pay book of LagBook
[/size]

i want to congratulate Nairaland for not suppressing this thread. for being democratic

are there columns dedicated to nairaland in newspapers?

Typing like this is called shouting and its very disrespectful of other users...
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by zeestone99(m): 7:24pm On May 26, 2012
lagbook iz nat 4 lagosians.......it is called ladies and gentlemen's book,y dis comparison,itz just lyk sayin who is the best btw ronaldo n p.cech one is a striker n d oda a goalkeeper both of dem r both good..n for dose shoutin abt nigerians immitatin book 4rm facebook,nollywood frm hollywood wht abt shagbook,fuckbook,bollywood are they nigerian stuffs....
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by otokx(m): 9:56pm On May 26, 2012
From the name alone it is clear they are a failed generation
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by somtex: 12:15am On May 27, 2012
Yes oh!! ... Lagbook is not bad sha!! ... But it was not created from scratch it was made using a template called [url]grou.ps[/url] .. Although www.parolz.com is new, it beats lagbook by far. Great concept, insane design ...
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by tosank: 6:59am On May 27, 2012
Shame on the OP! Why do u hav to come to Nairaland to say so? Why not do it in Lagbooj? Were! I even sense tribalism in ur post.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Nobody: 11:10am On May 27, 2012
See me see Gods blessing o! The people (judging by the statistics of posters) no like Lagbook. Me I no like Lagobook. I like Nairaland. If you want us to give constructive criticisms and encourgae our Nigerian Ideas (stolen from someone alse's concept), then that is what we have simply done. If you and the creators of this LAGbook were positivists you wouldnt look at the nasty side of our comments, but will see the good side and go "originalize" your Lagbook concept. After all we like seeing our cups as half full abi. So permit the majority of Niaralanders for liking their nairaland and being realists!

So its simple, we no like like LAGbook. Maybe if you go Naijaland, Naijahotjobs etc. maybe, just maybe they will fall head over for Lagbook. But not the Majority of Nairalanders. And I expect Seun to laugh and pat himself on the back for being original.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by MrMurdah: 12:30pm On May 27, 2012
With a name as inventive as Lagbook..wow....Seun you have nada to worry about.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by oloyedejamiu: 6:16pm On May 27, 2012
@poster,

How can u compare nairaland to 'lagoon' or what do you call it.

I no blame you cos u never built a single site before, shame on u,

@seun, keep the good work going.

Great and genuine forum for nigerians home and abroad.

1 Like

Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:53pm On May 27, 2012
Chegunn: lagbook kor lagbus ni

Lol
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Xionez(m): 9:12am On May 28, 2012
The concept of Nairaland is unique. It did its own thing and stood out sucessfully. Its stats and members not to talk of web activity can speak for it. Unlike LagBOOK which is another Facebook wannabe.
If Facebook decided to copy the likes of Myspace or Hi5 or Friendster, do you think we will be hearing of it.
Please, the creator of Lagbook should grow a pair and try to innovate and not imitate.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by kpolli(m): 9:51am On May 28, 2012
What is lagbook undecided
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by freedizzle1(m): 10:34am On May 28, 2012
chinedumo: [size=15pt]Nairaland needs to sit up

to think that all this was accomplished in 2 years.....
[/size]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/unilag-twins-host-over-71000-users-on-lagbook/
you can't compare the two. they serve different purposes
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by MrMurdah: 2:43pm On May 28, 2012
Chideumo...or wtf ur name is?

Your talking about 'Nigerianess' Lagbook copycatting Facebook is original for you?

You are yapping about Lagbook being the -ish cuz it's in the papers?

What planet are you on? When it comes to jaundiced journalism, Nigeria is a perennial contender.

With less than 15k I can get my name or biz in print.

And do not even begin to compare, Nairaland has more people that visit than those that actually register.

Check Alexa ranking and compare.

Come back in another 2 years....let's see if lagbrook or wtf name is, will still be around.

Go and hawk your online PR sumwhere else.

So obvious, you are ignorant about the Internet landscape.

Typing in loud and exasperating font like an ignoramus on a recline.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by chinedumo(m): 6:11pm On May 28, 2012
[size=13pt]tribalism hmm[/size]
tosank: Shame on the OP! Why do u hav to come to Nairaland to say so? Why not do it in Lagbooj? Were! I even sense tribalism in ur post.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Peterson1993(m): 9:36pm On May 28, 2012
Obviously, the poster of this thread is the owner of lagbook because no one knows lagbook. How on earth can you compare legbook with nairaland. @op go and find a better means of marketing your site and stop spamming here.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Dkaz(m): 1:28am On May 30, 2012
Its so funny. Check this website out www.9jageek.com
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 01, 2012
this thread is just a piece of junkie, the lagbook guyz are just like toddlers depending on DADDY(www.grou.ps) and they can never boast that they av seen a line of the codes that powers their website. i think its just been unthinking to be comparing both.
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by abloggslife: 9:19pm On Jul 07, 2012
Mr Murdah: Chideumo...or wtf ur name is?

Your talking about 'Nigerianess' Lagbook copycatting Facebook is original for you?

You are yapping about Lagbook being the -ish cuz it's in the papers?

What planet are you on? When it comes to jaundiced journalism, Nigeria is a perennial contender.

With less than 15k I can get my name or biz in print.

And do not even begin to compare, Nairaland has more people that visit than those that actually register.

Check Alexa ranking and compare.

Come back in another 2 years....let's see if lagbrook or wtf name is, will still be around.

Go and hawk your online PR sumwhere else.

So obvious, you are ignorant about the Internet landscape.

Typing in loud and exasperating font like an ignoramus on a recline.
true talk...besides Lagbook doesnt have any iniciative, as a matter of fact anybody can do what they did...doubt me...check http://grou.ps that is the site they used to create Lagbook, need i say that the twins did not do any work at all....dat whole fng is a template...
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by abloggslife: 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
somtex: Yes oh!! ... Lagbook is not bad sha!! ... But it was not created from scratch it was made using a template called [url]grou.ps[/url] .. Although www.parolz.com is new, it beats lagbook by far. Great concept, insane design ...
this is true....Lagbook was created from [url]grou.ps[url]....I can assure u dat dose boys probably dont even know how to write html....
Re: Lagbook Exposes The Mediocrity Of Nairaland by kobikwelu(m): 3:15am On Jul 08, 2012
why the name lagbook?? ...as in book??

opportunity for lawsuits

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tutorials In Webmasters Section / How Can I Unsubscribe The Whatsapp Plan On Airtel / "Basics Of Getting Google Adsense Approval 2016"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.