Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

Are You Better Than Nollywood? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Are You Better Than Nollywood? (1067 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Music Videos Better Than The Home Movies? / Movie Sequels Better Than The Originals / Nollywood Not Better Than Ghollywood — Yvonne Nelson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Better Than Nollywood? by Sharn06: 10:59am On Nov 19, 2007
You keep blasting, quit fronting and drop your storylines.
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by Seun(m): 11:34am On Nov 19, 2007
Yes, I am. I'm making a sitcom and it's going to be funny as hell. (Although I really need great actors)
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by iice(f): 2:45am On Dec 22, 2007
Production and storylines. . .
Even now some of us are tired of the recycled stuffs going on in hollywood. . .but they beat Nollywood

There is usually a theme in nollywood movies
Romance
Juju
A few minutes shootout / chase scene
Juju
Romance

Ewwwww, not to mention wasted film used in filming irrelevant and nonsensical stuffs.
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by daprince: 3:09am On Dec 22, 2007
Do people still sit their butts down to watch those recorded stuff called Nollywood movies? Can't remember the last time l saw one anyway. l know it's kinda popular among other Africans.
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by iice(f): 12:27am On Dec 23, 2007
Whats practical about it? undecided

LMAO daprince, people dey watch ooo. . .i don't. The only time i watched, i was forced to watch it and that was eons ago. . .it was enough to put me off for eternity
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by iice(f): 8:57am On Dec 24, 2007
Multipart story? undecided Most of them stories can be understood from the get go. . .though i do understand about the length, tis why i said somethings are irrelevant. . .say - watching paint dry, sun setting. . .that film could be used to shoot scenes that add more substance to the overall film. Is this 'Supremacy' a nigerian movie?
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by amaikama(m): 4:29pm On Apr 30, 2009
At least we are doing something right!!! Hollywood started from somewhere and look where they are now. So, let keep our heads up for a better Industry. We may never know. A Nairalander would be the one to strengthen the Industry. Not seun!!!! angry
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by Pepeye(f): 12:10am On May 01, 2009
They got a long road to go with all the lapse and loop holes in their movies 

Far dream
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by iice(f): 10:38am On May 01, 2009
amaikama:

At least we are doing something right!!! Hollywood started from somewhere and look where they are now. So, let keep our heads up for a better Industry. We may never know. A Nairalander would be the one to strengthen the Industry. Not seun!!!!   angry

How many years have people been using that line? The 'Hollywood started from somewhere'.  .  . it's akin to the 'Nigeria will get better' we've been hearing for how many years if not more than decades undecided

People are usually all talk and it ends there.  What small progress has been made? Progress that can be defined and seen from say movies 8 yrs ago to movies 5 yrs ago to movies a year ago?  I am just asking.
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by amaikama(m): 7:04pm On May 02, 2009
@iice! just time they will get there i tell you. all these lapses will be a thing of the past. what is making the films to loose its taste is lack of creativity on the part of the film markers. they just want money but they seem not to want to spend. that the real problem with nigerian film industry.
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by iice(f): 11:21pm On May 02, 2009
amaikama:

they just want money but they seem not to want to spend. that the real problem with nigerian film industry.

That sir is not the problem with the film industry alone. It's a problem with the whole country.
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by islet(f): 4:15pm On May 03, 2009
What baffles me most about this nollywood actors,producers and directors is that they really dont want to improve at all. Is it that they are blind? Cant they borrow a leaf from the whites? How long will it take before their eyes r opened. They just make small cash and go squander it overseas. Those stunts they see in white movies cant they go there and learn and then implement it here? They just buy cars, jeweleries and blah blah. I just pity them cos all in all they are dumb and lack focus. angry
Re: Are You Better Than Nollywood? by bishoptboy(m): 5:55pm On May 03, 2009
I'm tired of people saying Nollywood will improve. what i see isnt improvement but regression. I always say i prefer to see those drama of early 90's to what they make now. i mean films like Violated compared to what they make now. they used to have ok stories but now too much trash. The sad part is that they have so much lowered the taste of our people that they see those film as being good.

(1) (Reply)

Old Nta Commercails / Which Is Your Favorite Tv Show? / Craft Latest Yoruba Comedy Movie 2017 Bolanle Ninolowo | Doris Simeon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.