Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,340 members, 7,853,515 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:09 PM

NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors (8513 Views)

Federal High Court Judge Overrules Supreme Court over Sacked Anambra Lawmakers. / NUPENG Threatens Strike If Petroleum Industrial Bill Isn't Passed Into Law / Nupeng Threatens To Shut Oil Production Amid Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by maasoap(m): 7:09pm On May 26, 2012
I really like to be one of those that will replace the sacked NUPENG. What are they still waiting for? Let's encourage them now.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by phreakabit(m): 7:58pm On May 26, 2012
Justosaus:

how old are u?

[size=18pt]Old enough to disregard the words of a dimwitted nitwit such as yourself. Putting both our posts into consideration, its evident I made a well thought up, reasonable and sensible contribution to the thread, whereas all you could do is showcase your insurmountable stup!d1ty to the world. I would go further to expose you intellectual deficiency/inadequacies, but I have bigger fish to fry. You are an absolute epitome of the term "NO BODY" and should remain so.[/size]
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by Acelifted: 10:21pm On May 26, 2012
Nonsense. Arant nonsense!
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by niyitogun(m): 10:33pm On May 26, 2012
onatisi:
where do u want him to take his father ? lasuth or uch ibadan ?

Wherever he made available for the people he leads to use
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by niyitogun(m): 10:43pm On May 26, 2012
ziga: The biggest problem with Naija is Nigerians.

Typical black man mentality of "if my own never good, your own no go ever good too"

That na the problem with our politics too. Yoruba man, Ibo man, Edo, Hausa etc.

We no fit ever stand together to see the common enemy. Na to dey pull your fellow common man down.

Sorry to say this, but Nigeria is hopeless because of the kind of things i read on Nairaland.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 10:48pm On May 26, 2012
These worthless doctors can rot in hell for all I care. The idiots don't want to work anyway so why keep them. They are better off and away from the Lagos taxpayers. I don't get the useless nupeng people for real. I know they are still mad because we got rid of them and cleaned their dirty and public nuisans mess in Apapa.

The morons wey no fit strike because of subsidies won die because of Lagos doctors. Maybe they think Lagos state government go bribe them not to strike like GEG did. They better ask somebody. Corruption dey for ground, but den no gree strike over corruption, na worthless errands den dey run after..
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by sartorius(m): 12:19am On May 27, 2012
eko ile is more worthless than nupeng itself ,List the achievment of fashola 2nd term.
The Governor is doing more harm than good, he has the power to stem th ugly situation
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 12:25am On May 27, 2012
^^^^ When was the last time I entertained clowns you? Vamoose.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by phantom(m): 12:41am On May 27, 2012
Still speaking english while the bodies pile up grin its interesting to watch this man disgrace himself.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 12:52am On May 27, 2012
The state government in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Lateef Ibirogba, said it would soon be clear to the people that it was NUPENG whose stock in trade was to call a strike at every flimsy excuse that was seeking to inflict more pains on the people through its sympathy strike and not the government.

Noting that NUPENG had shown clearly by its rash ultimatum that it had a clear political agenda, the commissioner said it was most unfortunate that NUPENG’s voice was not raised in defence of doctors in the military hospitals who have not been paid for nine months.

According to the statement, NUPENG should not use the doctors’ strike as subterfuge to get back at the Lagos State Government for spearheading the much needed clearing of Apapa which had become a nightmare to lawful residents and businesses in the area due to indiscriminate parking and blockade of the roads by tanker drivers.

The statement also noted that the medical profession was one that had always been a refined profession guided by decorum from its members as distinct from the present set of political jobbers who were masquerading as medical doctors and issuing unguarded statements like the ones from the leadership of the NMA in the Federal Capital Territory and Oyo State.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/news/7404-lagos-condemns-nupengs-subterfuge-solidarity-strike
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 12:59am On May 27, 2012
While asserting that “such blackmail cannot work in Lagos State,” COSEG was of the opinion that “NUPENG should have been an arbiter and mediator rather than take side with any of the parties in the dispute.”

The group wondered why NUPENG that refused to partake in the January protest against removal of subsidy that affected it directly now suddenly found its voice in supporting the sacked doctors.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/47949-sacked-doctors-group-warns-nupeng-against-sympathy-strike.html
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by Akainzo(m): 1:01am On May 27, 2012
For those of you insisting that Lagos State government must or should pay equivalently with the Federal government, I havea small question;

a) How many of you have paid your gateman the same rate as the big man on your street?
b) How many of you have contributed the same rates as the big-man when fixing your estate roads?

If you accept that you cannot or shouldn't base your pay on the big man's own, why expect the same of LASG?
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 1:19am On May 27, 2012
A lot of people will point to the perceived wastefulness of the government as justification for the agitation for higher wages. Nothing could be more childish and irresponsible. What those who say this mean is: since so-and-so is helping himself, we the people should also help ourselves to higher wages, and not bother who dies or whose illness gets worse in the process. Not a peep has been heard from the doctors about improving facilities, or patient care, or any of the several issues wrong with our health sector. All that matters is cleaning out. It is now nearly impossible to distinguish them from the leaders they seek to fight to a standstill. If the problem is those who are looting, by all means protest, but to use the salaries of political office holders as a barometer for more money is greed by another name.

Another angle to all this is the fact that new wage structures legislated from Abuja and imposed on the states is not practical. Each state has its own set of challenges and should be able to negotiate its wages with its workers in like manner. If a person does not like the deal being offered in a certain state, he or she should be free to go somewhere else in Nigeria to seek employment. That is the way it should be

http://ynaija.com/2012/05/09/a-doctor-a-day-rejoinder-a-consolidated-mess/
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by Musiwa49: 2:46am On May 27, 2012
Eko ile, see the university that i went too.

Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 3:06am On May 27, 2012
Musiwa. Where is this university? Abia, Akwa or Zimbabwe?
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by ektbear: 3:10am On May 27, 2012
While asserting that “such blackmail cannot work in Lagos State,” COSEG was of the opinion that “NUPENG should have been an arbiter and mediator rather than take side with any of the parties in the dispute.”

Who would even ask them to mediate? Why do Nigerians always like poking their nose in things that aren't their business? This doesn't concern NUPENG in any way, shape, or form.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by Musiwa49: 3:24am On May 27, 2012
why i posted the pictures is because the universities dont collect 1% of what state collect but most state have nothing to show for 100% they collect.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 3:32am On May 27, 2012
ekt_bear: While asserting that “such blackmail cannot work in Lagos State,” COSEG was of the opinion that “NUPENG should have been an arbiter and mediator rather than take side with any of the parties in the dispute.”

Who would even ask them to mediate? Why do Nigerians always like poking their nose in things that aren't their business? This doesn't concern NUPENG in any way, shape, or form.

What's there to mediate really? Mediation means negotiating and compromising, but the doctors are om strike because the want 100% of what they asked for/ So, are they ready to move or it still the same pay us what we want or we keep striking?

These greedy doctors have overused and abused their strike options, they are in a panic mode because the state did what they thought would never happened because they are gods.

These doctors and the NMA are morons I tell you. Now they are demanding that the state lawmakers intervene when in fact they did and were lambasted by these unprofessional clowns called doctors. There is a reason why all the state elders and even the Oba are staying clear and it's because they've begged these useless doctors times uncountable before, during and after their so many strikes, but they gave everybody the middle finger, now people are tired and sick of them. The attitude now is they can go to hell.

No doctor is above anybody in Lagos state. They are not above Lagos taxpayers they collects their salaries from, they are not above their employer and they are not above Lagos state and the laws of Lagos state.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by alstacs(m): 4:40am On May 27, 2012
omoabike:

I stopped supporting the doctors when I heard on STV News that one of their requests to call off the strike is that they should not be made to pay income tax on the money that they were asking to be paid.
That to me is delusional to say the least.

A little education on Tax will help! Allowances (Housing allowance, transport etc) are not taxable. I believe this is what they are talking about. I read some of the accounts then.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 4:54am On May 27, 2012
alstacs:

A little education on Tax will help! Allowances (Housing allowance, transport etc) are not taxable. I believe this is what they are talking about. I read some of the accounts then.

You need a little education too.

‘’We say this because the Lagos state government has met all the demands of the doctors during their earlier stike: payment of the so-called Consolidated Medical Salary Structure

(CONMESS) which has been accommodated in the approved salary structures for the state, even when the federal government that negotiated it did not consult the state government; reinstatement of Dr. Ibrahim Olaifa and the reactivation of the deduction and remittance of the check-off dues to the Medical Guild.

“Complaints on high taxation cannot be handled by the state government because taxation is a Federal Government issue.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2012/05/doctors-sack-acn-backs-lagos-slams-striking-doctors/
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 4:57am On May 27, 2012
Even with your bogus housing allowance, housing allowance is part of your salary so it's taxable just like the rest of the National workforce.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by afrodoc(m): 5:00am On May 27, 2012
but we know thats not true.d lagos state govt generates alot of revenue from taxation
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by afrodoc(m): 5:02am On May 27, 2012
have u never heard of taxable income and NON-TAXABLE income?
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 5:09am On May 27, 2012
NO. Please educate me. What part of the doctors salary is taxable or not taxable under the state and federal tax codes?
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by EkoIle1: 5:11am On May 27, 2012
afrodoc: but we know thats not true.d lagos state govt generates alot of revenue from taxation

What is not true and what's what lagos state generate from taxes got to do with everybody paying their fair share of taxes?
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by ektbear: 5:13am On May 27, 2012
Housing allowance is taxable income.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by Rhino5dm: 7:02am On May 27, 2012
Is the chairman of NUPENG not IBO? Clearly, the ediot has been bribed, I watched the so-called press conference and was very disappointed with their useless reasons. Lagos is always on their eyes, luckily somebody like me is not part of decision making in Lagos, I would have swiftly issued a counter threat to these fools

When we #ocuupyNigeria, these fool refused to join the strike . . .and now he is spewing "we will shut down Lagos"!. Bunch of #Lazy sellouts!.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by gregg2: 7:59am On May 27, 2012
How many doctors has Fashola govt
employed that he feels he can sack 788?
Bad advise that Tinubu gave him.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by Nobody: 8:17am On May 27, 2012
Eko Ile:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/news/7404-lagos-condemns-nupengs-subterfuge-solidarity-strike

Thanks for this article. The Nupeng strike would draw more people to sympathize with the government.
Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by naptu2: 8:31am On May 27, 2012
Lagos condemns NUPENG’s subterfuge solidarity strike

LAGOS State Government on Saturday condemned the recourse to blackmail and arm-twisting by the Nigeria Medical Association and National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers Union (NUPENG) on the issue of medical doctors sacked in the state over an illegal strike.

The state government in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Lateef Ibirogba, said it would soon be clear to the people that it was NUPENG whose stock in trade was to call a strike at every flimsy excuse that was seeking to inflict more pains on the people through its sympathy strike and not the government.

Noting that NUPENG had shown clearly by its rash ultimatum that it had a clear political agenda, the commissioner said it was most unfortunate that NUPENG’s voice was not raised in defence of doctors in the military hospitals who have not been paid for nine months.

According to the statement, NUPENG should not use the doctors’ strike as subterfuge to get back at the Lagos State Government for spearheading the much needed clearing of Apapa which had become a nightmare to lawful residents and businesses in the area due to indiscriminate parking and blockade of the roads by tanker drivers.

The statement also noted that the medical profession was one that had always been a refined profession guided by decorum from its members as distinct from the present set of political jobbers who were masquerading as medical doctors and issuing unguarded statements like the ones from the leadership of the NMA in the Federal Capital Territory and Oyo State.

According to the commissioner, the state government would not be stampeded or intimidated by the antics of politically sponsored unions into abdicating its responsibilities to the citizenry and the rest of its workforce, adding that the dictatorship of a union to the detriment of the well being of the society will not stand.

Re: NUPENG Threatens Strike Over Sacked Lagos Doctors by texazzpete(m): 9:02am On May 27, 2012
naptu2: Lagos condemns NUPENG’s subterfuge solidarity strike

LAGOS State Government on Saturday condemned the recourse to blackmail and arm-twisting by the Nigeria Medical Association and National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers Union (NUPENG) on the issue of medical doctors sacked in the state over an illegal strike.

According to the commissioner, the state government would not be stampeded or intimidated by the antics of politically sponsored unions into abdicating its responsibilities to the citizenry and the rest of its workforce, adding that the dictatorship of a union to the detriment of the well being of the society will not stand.

What's with this Lagos ACN government and their craze to label anything against them as being 'political'?

first they went to town with the media, claiming that the doctors strike was 'political'. Next the Lekki protesters were 'misguided by political opposition'. Now the NUPENG threat is being termed 'politically motivated'.

I wish these people would just keep quiet and provide good leadership!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophet Samuel Abiara: 'Pay Workers N30,000 Minimum Wage Now' / Is This Old Man Nnamdi Kanu and Why the Change in Direction of Facial Scar? / Bashir Magashi Blames Monarchs, Clerics For Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.