Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

This Is The World’s Most Comfortable Prison,would You Love To There??? Lolx! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The World’s Most Comfortable Prison,would You Love To There??? Lolx! (1943 Views)

So Skinny! See What Obasanjo Looks Like After Being Released From Prison In 1998 / Most Comfortable, Peaceful And Economically Stable African Country / G7 Govs, nPDP Are Comfortable With APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The World’s Most Comfortable Prison,would You Love To There??? Lolx! by NEROSKY(m): 10:49pm On May 25, 2012
Today C.N.N tops that prison (which employs personal trainers) with what it calls the “world’s nicest prison” and “the holiday version of Alcatraz.” Also located in Norway, Bastoy Prison is, as you might expect, home to murderers and rapists. Here’s what it’s not home to: armed guards or fences. In fact, the convicts carry the keys to their own rooms. On this tiny island, the 115 prisoners can tan on the beaches, fish, play tennis, and use the sauna.
Instead of cells, they live in cottages “painted a cheery red.” They wear whatever clothes they want. They get paid about $10 a day to do jobs like garden, or tend to horses. They eat farm-fresh eggs and salmon. If all this infuriates you, join the club: Norway has heard it before. It says its unconventional approach reduces the risk of reoffending: Some 20% of the country’s prisoners do so in two years; of those who have passed through Bastoy, it’s 16%. The three-year US rate is 43%. Says the prison’s governor, “”If we have created a holiday camp for criminals here, so what? We should reduce the risk of reoffending, because if we don’t, what’s the point of punishment, except for leaning toward the primitive side of humanity?”

Re: This Is The World’s Most Comfortable Prison,would You Love To There??? Lolx! by NEROSKY(m): 10:53pm On May 25, 2012
www,2gomaint..com
Re: This Is The World’s Most Comfortable Prison,would You Love To There??? Lolx! by Daratow: 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2018
-
Re: This Is The World’s Most Comfortable Prison,would You Love To There??? Lolx! by Daratow: 12:17am On Jan 30, 2018
-
Re: This Is The World’s Most Comfortable Prison,would You Love To There??? Lolx! by OmoOshodi(m): 1:28am On Jan 30, 2018
cry. Better than living in Naija

1 Like

Re: This Is The World’s Most Comfortable Prison,would You Love To There??? Lolx! by Daratow: 4:40am On Sep 26, 2018
H
Re: This Is The World’s Most Comfortable Prison,would You Love To There??? Lolx! by NEROSKY(m): 12:40am On Sep 27, 2018
Daratow:
Hi Nerosky,

I had emailed you; I’ll pay $1,000 for your old Blogger page. You just have to figure out a way to log in

i like this deal, i would have said you should add it more money but i won't, just tell me the mail we can communicate with let us proceed on how i can get it done by all means since money is involved, am motivated.

(1) (Reply)

Please Come Back Jarus! All Is Forgiven. / The Myths About SE As An Oil Producing Region. / Power Generation: Pdp And The Demons Of The Power Sector!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.