Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case (12075 Views)

Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by jonsn: 10:58am On May 26, 2012
If you want to "war with a Spirit you cannot see", then you are very foolish.
Bringing spiritual cases to the physical court case... I see deranged and delusional individuals.
Since you've started the game, I hope you can go all the way.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Enice(m): 11:14am On May 26, 2012
I will like to see how this case end. Imagine oyedepo lawyer's arguement is that the church cannot be sued and therefore is above jurisdiction. Time will tell if this is so.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by MRMICKMEN: 11:16am On May 26, 2012
@micheal Avede; wetin computer dey do for ur village,hw u manage get service,so nigeria still get computer wey dey run with kerosine,see yarns see spelling,i go die oo with laff grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by AnotherOkija: 11:17am On May 26, 2012
logicboy:

See this illiterate

talking about 'lennet'... #death grin
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by AnotherOkija: 11:20am On May 26, 2012
4good: @Spirit of Okija:

I know you do not beleive that God is. I got this notion from your reply. I tell you today that Jesus is knocking the door ... why not open the door of your heart to HIM RIGHT NOW. Tomorrow may not come. When you allow Jesus to come in into your life then I will be ready to teach you more about life with Christ. It is a kind of life that confuses anyone that dwells in the realm of senses (carnal people) 1 Crinthians 2:14-15(NIV)

Hardening your heart will only limit your life. There is more to reality than the things that you can see, touch, hear, feel and taste. Infact, over 70% of reality are beyound our five senses. That is where God is. The access to God is Jesus the Christ John 14:6. Just call upon Him. He has been waiting for you

Wow!!

Have you seen God?!

Have you seen Jesus?!

If no... Then come and see Alusi Okija.. I will explain all you need to know about the spirit world, Jesus and God..
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Dipwater(m): 11:23am On May 26, 2012
Michael Avede: Touch not God anioted and do his prophet no harm.u people ar ingorant of d bible infact i dnt tink any lennet person can abuse men of God.how awhich d bible calld dem men of men dat means u as a man can gorge dem.but d bibld say day are men of God ar u God? If u ar nt den liv dem 4 God bvt if u ar God den contunin to gorge dem.

Seun pls I think u shuld open a section for kids in nursery school so that they can GORGE their opinion there am fuc k ing tired of reading silly opinion
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thehomer: 11:43am On May 26, 2012
jonsn: If you want to "war with a Spirit you cannot see", then you are very foolish.
Bringing spiritual cases to the physical court case... I see deranged and delusional individuals.

Which spirit? Why doesn't Oyedepo use this spirit to fly around the world rather than buying several jets? I hope you wake up soon from your delusions.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thehomer: 11:46am On May 26, 2012
Oyedepo must pay for his crimes against this child. We will be watching this case and we'll see if this Oyedepo character has grown bigger than the Nigerian courts.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 26, 2012
Michael Avede: Touch not God anioted and do his prophet no harm.u people ar ingorant of d bible infact i dnt tink any lennet person can abuse men of God.how awhich d bible calld dem men of men dat means u as a man can gorge dem.but d bibld say day are men of God ar u God? If u ar nt den liv dem 4 God bvt if u ar God den contunin to gorge dem.

U dis Bloody Baastard! I pity you
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by 4good(m): 12:38pm On May 26, 2012
@ Alusi Okija

[b]Okija or what did you say? Jesus died for your sins. Give your life to Him today.

Now to your questions

Wow!!

Have you seen God?!

Have you seen Jesus?!

I have seen God through Jesus Christ and His word and fulfilment of His prophecies with confirmation of His words.

Do you too want to see God? Give your life to Jesus and I promise you will see God. You will know even above mere sight that God is more real than you might think. These are just few of what I have been priviledged to see of God

He is the Alpha & Omega, The Creator of Heaven and Earth, The owner of our souls,
The great Healer, The great Provider, The great Keeper,
All-sufficient one, The owner and Giver of Life, The Mighty Warrior,
He sleeps not nor slumber, He speaks, He hears, He sees, He feels, He smells (perceives odours),
He tastes, He knows you and He knows me, He is Jealous,
He is Holy, He is Love, He is the Helper of the Helpless,
He is a consuming Fire, He can kill He can bring back to life
He is not a Joker, He is in the realm above human senses, He can whip, He can slap
He is the I am that I am, He is unquestionable He is able to defend His Children
He is good, There is no other God besides Him (Alusi Okija, your idol is nothing)1 Crinthians 8:4

The list is endless[/b]
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 26, 2012
jonsn: If you want to "war with a Spirit you cannot see", then you are very foolish.

You This Cursed 'CRETIN'
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by ijawkid(m): 12:46pm On May 26, 2012
thehomer:

Which spirit? Why doesn't Oyedepo use this spirit to fly around the world rather than buying several jets? I hope you wake up soon from your delusions.

Hahahahahaha......

Nairaland go kill me for laugh......

I'll never leave nairaland......
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by 0108(m): 12:51pm On May 26, 2012
4good: Many of you writing against the man of God know nothing about the things of the Spirit. The girl received a holy Ghost Inspired Reaction for lieing. Can't you all see what follows.

How can you sue your own Pastor?

[b]And sense people are busy making sensible comments about issues not in the realm of senses. IF THE GIRL IS A CHURCH MEMBER IN-DEED SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD THE SON OF PERDITION (WHOSE PROFESSION WILL DEFINITELY MAKE HIM TO KNOW GOD IN THE HARD WAY), the Human right Lawyer, ( to mind his business.

It is simply a battle between the flesh and the spirit.

How I wish God will open your eyes and hearts and see spiritual things.

Greater is HE that is in US than he that is in the world. The Bishop has won the case already before the case was even brought to the court.

I know the Bishop never meant to ASSAULT that girl like many of us are emphasizing here. And his action of slapping is greatly in order. EXCEPT IF YOU CAN JUDGE GOD, THEN YOU CAN JUDGE HIS SERVANTS.

My advice to us all: Instead of snaring our destinies by our mouth comments we should watch the Living God defend Himself. I know the truth always triumph over falsehood come what may[/b]
at least, a simple apology would have hibernated the escalated episodes.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by sosodevf(m): 12:55pm On May 26, 2012
Fynist: .So what you mean is your Man of God.Slapping an helpless girl in front of thousands of witness is the lords doing abi?.i pity you

No na God of oyedepo Say mak dem slap witch n nt d other way round. shocked
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by ehizelee: 1:11pm On May 26, 2012
Na so o
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by ehizelee: 1:13pm On May 26, 2012
Who does he tink he is? He get luck say no be me, i for scatter dat church . Him dey mad?. All u supportin him r fuckin illiterates
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thehomer: 1:41pm On May 26, 2012
4good: @ Alusi Okija

[b]Okija or what did you say? Jesus died for your sins. Give your life to Him today.

Now to your questions

I have seen God through Jesus Christ and His word and fulfilment of His prophecies with confirmation of His words.

Do you too want to see God? Give your life to Jesus and I promise you will see God. You will know even above mere sight that God is more real than you might think. These are just few of what I have been priviledged to see of God

He is the Alpha & Omega, The Creator of Heaven and Earth, The owner of our souls,
The great Healer, The great Provider, The great Keeper,
All-sufficient one, The owner and Giver of Life, The Mighty Warrior,
He sleeps not nor slumber, He speaks, He hears, He sees, He feels, He smells (perceives odours),
He tastes, He knows you and He knows me, He is Jealous,
He is Holy, He is Love, He is the Helper of the Helpless,
He is a consuming Fire, He can kill He can bring back to life
He is not a Joker, He is in the realm above human senses, He can whip, He can slap
He is the I am that I am, He is unquestionable He is able to defend His Children
He is good, There is no other God besides Him (Alusi Okija, your idol is nothing)1 Crinthians 8:4

The list is endless[/b]

Where did you see God and Jesus?
Do you understand what it means to see, hear or taste something? For you to do that, you need a physical body. Or are you just misusing English language?
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Abimbade: 2:22pm On May 26, 2012
logicboy:

See this illiterate

ILLITERATE INDEED.... EXAMS SHD BE CONDUCTED BEFORE NAIRALAND ALLOWS PEOPLE TO BE MEMBERS IF WE WANT TO MAINTAIN LAW AND ORDER.... NO BE BY FORCE TO POST COMMENTS NA.... INFACT IM VERY ANGRY ANGRY RIGHT NOW( INUMBIMI MON SHEKII) IM ANGRY SO IM SHAKING
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Prestonvic(m): 2:28pm On May 26, 2012
Point of correction: Oyedepo slapped a witch not a girl!
Pls ask any true muslim hw he will feel when someone insult prophet mohammed in his presence? If i am OYEDEPO‘s lawyer i would say that slap is one of the strategies used by my client to cast out stubborn spirits like witchcrafts. If the witch knew she won‘t abide by it then why did she go to the church? CASE CLOSE!
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 26, 2012
I have heard this arguements before.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Prestonvic(m): 2:34pm On May 26, 2012
ehizelee: Who does he tink he is? He get luck say no be me, i for scatter dat church . Him dey mad?. All u supportin him r fuckin illiterates

You are a GOAT!
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by joelala(m): 2:45pm On May 26, 2012

omg!is this grammar or Tai language? pls seun i think verbal and written test should be conducted followed by an oral interview before NL membership can be gotten..someone pls get me an eye drop...
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by dedeman: 3:05pm On May 26, 2012
Cheg-goon:
That Lawer head no correct......if na him wife abi na him mama "OLEDEPO" slap him go say me court dismiss the case....
If Bishop Oledepo is found guilty....he shoul b jail or pay for the penalty....
This n.o.n.s.e.n.s.e should stop..
fool, freedom of speech is nt absolute
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by dedeman: 3:07pm On May 26, 2012
berem: sharrap dia! if na u dem slap nko? wetin u for do? oluku!
fool, dey neva slap u b4? Wetin u do?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Prestonvic(m): 3:15pm On May 26, 2012
If Bar. Igbenedion has ever slapped anyone before, GOD WILL JUDGE HIM!
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by corinna: 4:32pm On May 26, 2012
Seriouslly I hope that all Nairaland members are Nigerians (i.e natural born), otherwise some members are really under representing our english here.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by dekung(m): 4:39pm On May 26, 2012
If Oyedepo's counsel believes that whatever happens in a church premises is none of Nigeria's business then the judge can rule in favour of the girl then this can be used in subsequent similar cases as judicial precedence. Thankfuly, Nigerian Law is not static like the Biblical laws. Oyedepo's counsel must have failed out of law school for him to have made such stewpid submission if these guys were the one representing Ibori in the UK court, they would have told the court that it had no jurisdiction to hear the suit and besides Ibori was the Governor and whatever he did in the govt house must be legal. I can't imagine how silly some people could be just to extort money from their legally illitrate (Oyedepo) clients
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by iykak47: 5:04pm On May 26, 2012
Prestonvic: Point of correction: Oyedepo slapped a witch not a girl!
Pls ask any true muslim hw he will feel when someone insult prophet mohammed in his presence? If i am OYEDEPO‘s lawyer i would say that slap is one of the strategies used by my client to cast out stubborn spirits like witchcrafts. If the witch knew she won‘t abide by it then why did she go to the church? CASE CLOSE!
So even if the girl was killed by your pastor you would argue that a witch was killed not a girl.
Your ''slapping strategy'' argument is laughable because any law or your so called 'strategy' that support assult(slap} is unlawful, don't forget no law supercede the coustitution of Nigeria.
Can your pastor slap a member of his church in America or Europe or even GEJ daughter? He wont abi he no de look face?
Anything that is bad has no other name no matter how you try to twist it.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 26, 2012
4good: Many of you writing against the man of God know nothing about the things of the Spirit. The girl received a holy Ghost Inspired Reaction for lieing. Can't you all see what follows.

How can you sue your own Pastor?

[b]And sense people are busy making sensible comments about issues not in the realm of senses. IF THE GIRL IS A CHURCH MEMBER IN-DEED SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD THE SON OF PERDITION (WHOSE PROFESSION WILL DEFINITELY MAKE HIM TO KNOW GOD IN THE HARD WAY), the Human right Lawyer, ( to mind his business.

It is simply a battle between the flesh and the spirit.

How I wish God will open your eyes and hearts and see spiritual things.

Greater is HE that is in US than he that is in the world. The Bishop has won the case already before the case was even brought to the court.

I know the Bishop never meant to ASSAULT that girl like many of us are emphasizing here. And his action of slapping is greatly in order. EXCEPT IF YOU CAN JUDGE GOD, THEN YOU CAN JUDGE HIS SERVANTS.

My advice to us all: Instead of snaring our destinies by our mouth comments we should watch the Living God defend Himself. I know the truth always triumph over falsehood come what may[/b]

God has no biz with the crime Oyedepo committed. Pls stop fooling yourself. He wasn't directed by God to assault the girl. His whole life is that of a self-serving greedy person feeding fat on the ignorant and gullible. His best move is to apologize and settle out of court.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by dekung(m): 5:07pm On May 26, 2012
To imagine what length people will go to frustrate hence subverting the course of Justice. Oyedepo wants to be right at all cost irrespective of what the law of the land says. So once you are in the church premises all your rights as a human and citizen of a country becomes subjugated to the pastor's whims and caprices. What a country! Even if he was following Jesus' example, how many witches did Jesus assault? Jesus, according to the Bible, whipped people who were selling in the temple, they were committing physical crimes of ripping people off by selling at exorbitant prices, while also gambling and doing other businesses within the temple's premises. He used physicl means to deal with a physical issues and spritual to deal with spiritual issue. Oyedepo on the other hand is using panadol to cure food poisoning. Ode!
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 26, 2012
Prestonvic: Point of correction: Oyedepo slapped a witch not a girl!

Even if the girl was possessed as you claim, What is the scriptural basis for slapping as a means of expelling demons? Is that what Christ and his Apotles did?
And comparing it with the often violent reaction of Muslims to any perceived insult on their Mohammed just shows how lost you are. Despite the insults and abuse heaped on Jesus and his Apostles, they did not violently assault anyone. (Peter was rebuked for cutting off ear).
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by dekung(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2012
If I were the lawyer filling the suit, I would ask the court for an injuction to bar Oyedepo from presiding over any service pending the when the case would be decided in court

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exposition Of The Occult Prophets And Healers In The Organizational Churches / The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists / Bishop David Oyedepo , Wf Kumuyi And Enock Adeboye Occultic Exposision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.