Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case (12076 Views)

Wives Of Pastors Urged To Satisfy Husbands In Bed / Britons Oppose Oyedepo's School Over "Slaps-Giving" Video / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2012
ayomide falaye: Oyedepo the method of your deliverance is questionable including Jr calling u are not a true man of god

Is there a book titled method of deliverance in religions?
Pls refer us to it!
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by logicboy: 3:29pm On May 28, 2012
the funclub enterprise:

I pity u if u still don't believe in the supernatural
Cos my friend there is something above the normal in this world......and I won't shout if I see sm juju guy beating a demon outta girl.....let's say I have learnt to differentiate physical tinz 4rm spiritual tinz...learn that

This is the foolishness of the average Nigerian christian. Accepting battery and assuault on women in the name of religion or juju. You call yourself a christian and shake in the fear/silence of fake juju? Ode.

There is no supernatural. Nothing.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by logicboy: 3:29pm On May 28, 2012
the funclub enterprise:

And who are u?
Boko haram?

Haraam de boko
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Ubenedictus(m): 8:22pm On May 28, 2012
the funclub enterprise:

Are u saying u have never been slapped against ur will?
Are u saying u have never slapped any1?
Then do u agree wit me that u should prosecute some people to court or u should be prosecuted to court too if ur answers are yes and this should be an evidence that u hav assulted people too?

When did slap turn such a big deal in 9ja!...its an assult that we have all embrassed since all of us are guilty if u wanna put it this way!!
Why blow it out of proportion cos its a man of God involved now?
let me inform you, i dont slap people and i dont even embarass a lady, to slap a mature adult because you are a pastor or policeman or whatever is wrong. It is time it stops. Lastly i have never seen someone who comes to a global platform-the internet to boast about slapping someone. It is time Nigerians know that 'my freedom/right end when another person freedom/right start'.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by sylve11: 9:17pm On May 28, 2012
Revealedtv: grin grin grin grin ..."Spelling Judge as Gurge" I will die laughing today ooo looooooooooooooool

shut up there! u sabi pass am? but wait o, the guy be dey wan spell gauge ? grin grin cool cool
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by BERNIMOORE: 12:12pm On May 31, 2012
[b]@the funclub enterprise:
your quote below shows that you are not imformed about why people, i mean people outside 'oyedepo's church has got the 'bragging right' yes, the right to critisize the mans action,

your quote;

Are u saying u have never been slapped against ur will?
Are u saying u have never slapped any1?
Then do u agree wit me that u should prosecute some people to court or u should be prosecuted to court too if ur answers are yes and this should be an evidence that u hav assulted people too?

[size=14pt]When did slap turn such a big deal in 9ja!...its an assult that we have all embrassed since all of us are guilty if u wanna put it this way!!
Why blow it out of proportion cos its a man of God involved now?[/size]

oyedepo's action really shows that he is unsuitable,or unqualified to be a bishop, why do i say that, the holy scripture's standard for 'who qualifies as an overseer;bishop,deacons etc' as set out strictly in the bible were manipulated, how, see below pls,

see the requirement of the bishop/deacons,if oyedepo is worthy,from the bible pls;(self acclaimed) General overseers,;

1 Timothy 3 :1-13;
New King James Version (NKJV)
Qualifications of Overseers

3 This is a faithful saying: [size=14pt]If a man desires the position of a bishop,[/size][a] he desires a good work. [size=14pt]2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable,[/size] able to teach; 3 not given to wine,[size=16pt] not violent[/size],[size=14pt] not greedy for money,[b] but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; [/size]4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. [size=18pt]7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, [/size][size=14pt]lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.[/size]

Qualifications of Deacons

8 [size=14pt]Likewise deacons must be reverent,[/size] not double-tongued, not given to much wine,[size=14pt] not greedy for money, [/size]9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. 10 But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless. 11 Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. 12 Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 13 For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

now you will wonder where the fault is, its just because many so called MOG today choose pastors that they feel that they can work with, also they are immune to all charges,because they are 'thought to be bigger than God',

they fire pastors at will, and these lesser pastors who are suppose to constitute a commitee to check church's activities and members excesses were even compelled to be under or behind the wife of the Gen. overseer in hireachy, and so it became a family business.

isn'nt that a shame?

you can call jesus or command jesus as your houseboy but you call oyedepo 'papa',

lets see jesus view on that,[size=14pt]jesus adressing the religious leaders pharisees below[/size];

Mathew 23:5-17,
5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. [size=16pt]9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.[/size] 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11[size=14pt] The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.[/size]

[size=14pt]can BISHOP OYEDEPO HUMBLES HIMSELF LIKE JESUS BELOW? PLS READ;[/size]

john 13:12
[size=14pt]12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.[/size] 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. [size=16pt]17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.[/size]

UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE TOLD TO 'COMMAND' JESUS TODAY TO DO ANYTHING BUT WITH FEAR TO CALL OYEDEPO 'PAPA', NOW WHO IS GREATER TO YOU?PLS BE HONEST!

but then you cant mock God,
and jesus said by their fruit you shall know them, slapping is an assault,and it shows that oyedepo is unqualified to be a bishop.simple.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 8:07am On Jun 04, 2012
logicboy:

This is the foolishness of the average Nigerian christian. Accepting battery and assuault on women in the name of religion or juju. You call yourself a christian and shake in the fear/silence of fake juju? Ode.

There is no supernatural. Nothing.

The fact u believe in something does not mean you fear it!

Are u educated??...u argue like a "road side"
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 8:12am On Jun 04, 2012
Ubenedictus: let me inform you, i dont slap people and i dont even embarass a lady, to slap a mature adult because you are a pastor or policeman or whatever is wrong. It is time it stops. Lastly i have never seen someone who comes to a global platform-the internet to boast about slapping someone. It is time Nigerians know that 'my freedom/right end when another person freedom/right start'.

Na wah o!
This young man has never slapped

Oh so its now the case of adults!
What about kids!
U slap kids? Huh
Lol
Pls let's 4get abt this thread jor!.....its everyman for himself, if he is found guilty, he wil pay, if not ,the pastor will face his judgement by God,leave him alone
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by thefunclubenterprise(m): 8:27am On Jun 04, 2012
BERNIMOORE:
[b]@the funclub enterprise:
your quote below shows that you are not imformed about why people, i mean people outside 'oyedepo's church has got the 'bragging right' yes, the right to critisize the mans action,

your quote;

oyedepo's action really shows that he is unsuitable,or unqualified to be a bishop, why do i say that, the holy scripture's standard for 'who qualifies as an overseer;bishop,deacons etc' as set out strictly in the bible were manipulated, how, see below pls,

see the requirement of the bishop/deacons,if oyedepo is worthy,from the bible pls;(self acclaimed) General overseers,;

3 This is a faithful saying: [size=14pt]If a man desires the position of a bishop,[/size][a] he desires a good work. [size=14pt]2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable,[/size] able to teach; 3 not given to wine,[size=16pt] not violent[/size],[size=14pt] not greedy for money,[b] but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; [/size]4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. [size=18pt]7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, [/size][size=14pt]lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.[/size]

Qualifications of Deacons

8 [size=14pt]Likewise deacons must be reverent,[/size] not double-tongued, not given to much wine,[size=14pt] not greedy for money, [/size]9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. 10 But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless. 11 Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. 12 Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 13 For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

now you will wonder where the fault is, its just because many so called MOG today choose pastors that they feel that they can work with, also they are immune to all charges,because they are 'thought to be bigger than God',

they fire pastors at will, and these lesser pastors who are suppose to constitute a commitee to check church's activities and members excesses were even compelled to be under or behind the wife of the Gen. overseer in hireachy, and so it became a family business.

isn'nt that a shame?

you can call jesus or command jesus as your houseboy but you call oyedepo 'papa',

lets see jesus view on that,[size=14pt]jesus adressing the religious leaders pharisees below[/size];

Mathew 23:5-17,
5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; 7 they love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and to be called ‘Rabbi’ by others.

8 “But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers. [size=16pt]9 And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.[/size] 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah. 11[size=14pt] The greatest among you will be your servant. 12 For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.[/size]

[size=14pt]can BISHOP OYEDEPO HUMBLES HIMSELF LIKE JESUS BELOW? PLS READ;[/size]

john 13:12
[size=14pt]12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.[/size] 16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. [size=16pt]17 Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.[/size]

UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE TOLD TO 'COMMAND' JESUS TODAY TO DO ANYTHING BUT WITH FEAR TO CALL OYEDEPO 'PAPA', NOW WHO IS GREATER TO YOU?PLS BE HONEST!

but then you cant mock God,
and jesus said by their fruit you shall know them, slapping is an assault,and it shows that oyedepo is unqualified to be a bishop.simple.

[/b]

I get u, and envy ur argument skills, using facts...... I have decided to rest on it,but ur bible also told u not to judge didn't it?
And told you to do his prophets no harm?

One thing u should know is, I very much disapprove the methods of leadership in most churches, I'm not a member of this guy's church (infact, I dnt tie myslf 2 a church, I rather stick to d words of God in d church,and d day I notice a glitch,and no repentance,I'm off) , I don't tink they call jesus a boy or command him,ur relationship wit jesus is a personal 1,u call him woteva it suits u,disrespect him and u wil surfer 4 it, u are ust being paranoid with their respect for d pastor.I don't see a problem with that.
And lastly its God who chooses his prophets and determines if they are fit or not, not man!
If u are a true christain I will advise you not to ever criticize a man of God,to be safe!, leave that for God to decide.

Peace...
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by logicboy: 8:29am On Jun 04, 2012
the funclub enterprise:

The fact u believe in something does not mean you fear it!

Are u educated??...u argue like a "road side"

You call yourself educated and you believe in juju? grin grin grin grin grin

You are a great example of the average hypocritical Nigerian christian. Shaking for Juju while claiming that their God is all powerful.

You said that you would do nothing if you saw a juju man beating a young girl, who is accused of witchcraft/demons. Kai.

There is no supernatural. none
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by KnowAll(m): 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2012
[size=14pt]A Church and a especially a spiritual filled and laden church in Nigeria has a mutual understandable ethics, albeit unorthodox conventions, which both the congregation, the elders, and the pastor abide by. We would not find an Imam, Boko Haram or an athiest in such gathering, reasons been that the modus operendi and the philosophical insights of these " house of God" are at variance from their own scope and outlook of religious and general belief. Since it has been established that birds of the same feather flock together, and the attendees of these Churhes are fully aware of the sensationalised excosism that takes place there in the name of 'casting out unruly spirits' from afflicted and affected individuals, the un-warranted attention and concern from busy-bodies and other outsiders from what happens in a close knit community even though it is done in the full glare or view of mordern day mass media is nobody's business.

Excorcism in practise in such spiritual led congregation take the form at times of physical " slapping" the unruly spirit out from the person, or cajoling the spirit out of the person by way of "commanding" the spirit to leave the individual or better still and in extreme cases the spiriit can be "horse whipped" out of the person. These are mutually understandable unwritten ethics that governs these churches.

If an individual has chosen to subject, submitt and conceed to these unconventional(in the genereal world's view)ways of excosicsm and later cry blue murder over what is a 'determined norm' and way of life in the full view of clear evidence pinning the attendee to an irreversible association with the sect, how on earth can the attendee dissociate herself from the scene of the 'rituals' when she was not forced to go there but chose to be amongst what she consders to be like minded brethrens.

Unlike the earlier aformentioned individuals that is the "imam", "Atheist" and " Boko haram" these individuals surely know their onions and would not be caught lapping up to a pastor in such citadel of christandom. This individual have got no case, she is free to dissociate herself from her known sect after her painful exeperience but dissociating herself from the scene of the crime when it was obvious she is a party to the crime is not admissible.

The relationship between pastors and congregation members who beleif they have daunting and unruly spirits residing in their souls is like the relationship between a patient and a private money grabbing doctor, an unsick man who approches a money grabbing doctor for an un-necessary surgery cannot feine ignorance once after the operation he/she now becomes terribly sick.

We as humans have an indellible right to associate and dissociate as we journey through the long, perilous journey of life, If Boko Haram where to bomb that Church when the slapping took place, to them(the Boko Haramites) they have bombed a Church and all in it are quitisentially christains and enemy of their movements irrespective of whom is slapping who. cool

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by BERNIMOORE: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2012
[b]@the funclub enterprise,

u are ust being paranoid with their respect for d pastor.I don't see a problem with that.
sorry, something is actually wrong with elevating bishop oyedepo even over other brethren,talkless of even calling him 'papa' which also mean 'father' how do i mean?, jesus gave a command against it,pls read again;

mathew 23:8,9
8 “But [size=16pt]you are not[/size] to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, [size=16pt]and you are all brothers.[/size] 9 [size=14pt]And [color=#000099]do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10 Nor are you to be called instructors, for you have one Instructor, the Messiah.[/color][/size]

the emphasis here is that 'you are all brothers'.while christ is the head.pls there is a pattern,read youself;

moreso,
Ephesians 5:23
King James Version (KJV)
23 For the husband is the head of the wife,[size=14pt] even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.[/size]

Now lets see the consequencies of 'assuming'the title that belong to God in the case of king herod;

Acts 12:19-21;
21 And upon a set day Herod, arrayed in royal apparel, sat upon his throne, and made an oration unto them.

22 And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.

23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, [size=14pt]because he gave not God the glory[/size]: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

Herod's silence to the 'undeserved reverence' means that he consented, and you can see the consequence.

Also your quote below (bolded)
I get u, and envy ur argument skills, using facts...... I have decided to rest on it,but ur bible also [size=14pt]told u not to judge didn't it?
And told you to do his prophets no harm?
[/size]
One thing u should know is, I very much disapprove the methods of leadership in most churches, I'm not a member of this guy's church (infact, I dnt tie myslf 2 a church, I rather stick to d words of God in d church,and d day I notice a glitch,and no repentance,I'm off) , I don't tink they call jesus a boy or command him,ur relationship wit jesus is a personal 1,u call him woteva it suits u,disrespect him and u wil surfer 4 it, u are ust being paranoid with their respect for d pastor.I don't see a problem with that.

[size=14pt]If u are a true christain I will advise you not to ever criticize a man of God,to be safe!, leave that for God to decide.
[/size]
Peace..

Thank you for the remarks,to God almighty be the Glory.but then, 'judge not' or 'do not judge', as used in the bible, below here pls,

Matthew 7:1,2,15-16
King James Version (KJV)
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2,[size=14pt] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged[/size]: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

when i read this above bible verse, i have taken the time to read further,

jesus says 'judge not' in mathew 7:1-2.

only to also say again in verse 15,16 of same verse below;
15 [size=14pt]Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.[/size]

so how do you recognise 'someone in sheeps covering but inwardly is a deadly wolf'? especially with a hidden identity?
Analyse, if you enter a strange location and was told to beware of a misleading read leading to a deadly Gang's hideout, would you just leave everything to fate, and keep quiet? refusing to ask questions and put your judgement into use,expecially when it involve your life's safety?
verse 16 shed more light on that,;

16, Ye shall [size=14pt]know them by their fruits[/size]. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

''knowing them by their fruits'' DEMANDS YOUR JUDGEMENT AND DISCRETION.

We should also note that,our bible was translated from Hebrew and Greek manuscripts,of which most words were rendered in consonants, and to have a fitting words to translate in such a way your mother tongue quickly convey message was a challenge,
this is evident in the way the word 'lord' was used for God almighty, jesus and even, sarai called Abram 'lord',does this mean that abraham is God almighty? no.

Does the bible contradict itself in the matter of 'judge or judgement?
lets see the hebrew meanings in strong hebrew dictionary;
mathew 7:2
2, For with what [size=14pt]judgment ye judge,[/size] ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
emphasis here is on 'judgement ye judge'

JUDGE AND JUDEMENT (as used in the context ot mathew 7)
below;

[size=14pt]G2917

κρίμα

krima

kree'-mah[/size]

[size=14pt]From G2919 ; a decision (the function or the {effect} for or against [ crime ]): - {avenge} {condemned} {condemnation} {damnation} + go to {law} judgment.[/size]

see the meaning in the various instances of the translation of 'judgement or judge' below;

{Avenge} {Condemned} {Condemnation} {Damnation} + Go To {Law} Judgment,
Above instances shows the 'extreme kind of judjement, 'the law court condemnation to death' or 'the final judgement.
see the same usage of code used for this 'type' of judgement 'G2917'
below in
Luke 24:20

And G5037 how G3704 the chief priests G749 and G2532 our G2257 rulers G758 delivered G3860 him G846 to G1519 be [size=18pt]condemned G2917 to death,[/size] G2288 and G2532 have crucified G4717 him.G846

so, with these clarification, of which i knew that my own rebuking of the oyedepo is not out of malice, no. or damnation but for him to change his ways and come through the right pattern and standard of God,that is the extent of my critism and my submissions which is in line with a command given to christians below,
read;

Titus 1:10-13

10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:

[size=14pt]11, Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.[/size]

12 One of themselves, [size=14pt]even a prophet of their own[/size], said, the Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

13 This witness is true. [size=20pt]Wherefore rebuke them sharply,[/size] [size=14pt]that they may be sound in the faith;
[/size]

Paul warned the Galatians about those who "pervert the gospel of Christ." He also said, "If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, [size=18pt]let him be accursed."[/size] (See Gal. 1:6-9). Multitudes today are preaching a perverted gospel.

MATHEW 3:4-7

4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,

6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

[size=14pt]7, But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
[/size]

[size=14pt]so, a healthy criticm is welcomed among cristians as you can see above, i did not write them, but the have been penned down for over 2000 yrs ago, its there in your bible, pls read them aloud.[/size]
your quote
And lastly its God who chooses his prophets and determines if they are fit or not, not man!
to correct you here im reffering to BISHOP OYEDEPO, and not 'prophet' i dont know him as a prophet, but as to the standard of his Bishop, GOD MANDATED MEN TO APPOINT ANYONE AS A BISHOP,(the early apostles will gather in jerusalem to appoint overseers using the standard earlier quoted and re quoted below), NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE WAS ANY COMMAND GIVEN AS REGARDS 'SELF IMPOSITION' OF A BISHOP, PLS I STANT TO BE CORRECTED, QUOTE JUST ONE VERSE OF THE BIBLE TO SUPPORT YOUR CLAIM ABOVE.

3 This is a faithful saying: [size=18pt]If a man desires the position of a bishop,[/size][a] he desires a good work. [size=14pt]2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; [/size]4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. [size=14pt]7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.[/size]

And in the absence of becoming a bishop through above standard,any other order,or orders is unacceptable and he (oyedepo) has failed the christian and bible standard except he humbles himself and accept his mistakes. its not personal anyway,thanks for the courtesy.cheers.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by PastorAIO: 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2012
[size=17]" Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."[/size]

John 7 24
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Ubenedictus(m): 2:41am On Jun 27, 2012
KnowAll: [size=14pt]A Church and a especially a spiritual filled and laden church in Nigeria has a mutual understandable ethics, albeit unorthodox conventions, which both the congregation, the elders, and the pastor abide by. We would not find an Imam, Boko Haram or an athiest in such gathering, reasons been that the modus operendi and the philosophical insights of these " house of God" are at variance from their own scope and outlook of religious and general belief. Since it has been established that birds of the same feather flock together, and the attendees of these Churhes are fully aware of the sensationalised excosism that takes place there in the name of 'casting out unruly spirits' from afflicted and affected individuals, the un-warranted attention and concern from busy-bodies and other outsiders from what happens in a close knit community even though it is done in the full glare or view of mordern day mass media is nobody's business.

Excorcism in practise in such spiritual led congregation take the form at times of physical " slapping" the unruly spirit out from the person, or cajoling the spirit out of the person by way of "commanding" the spirit to leave the individual or better still and in extreme cases the spiriit can be "horse whipped" out of the person. These are mutually understandable unwritten ethics that governs these churches.

If an individual has chosen to subject, submitt and conceed to these unconventional(in the genereal world's view)ways of excosicsm and later cry blue murder over what is a 'determined norm' and way of life in the full view of clear evidence pinning the attendee to an irreversible association with the sect, how on earth can the attendee dissociate herself from the scene of the 'rituals' when she was not forced to go there but chose to be amongst what she consders to be like minded brethrens.

Unlike the earlier aformentioned individuals that is the "imam", "Atheist" and " Boko haram" these individuals surely know their onions and would not be caught lapping up to a pastor in such citadel of christandom. This individual have got no case, she is free to dissociate herself from her known sect after her painful exeperience but dissociating herself from the scene of the crime when it was obvious she is a party to the crime is not admissible.

The relationship between pastors and congregation members who beleif they have daunting and unruly spirits residing in their souls is like the relationship between a patient and a private money grabbing doctor, an unsick man who approches a money grabbing doctor for an un-necessary surgery cannot feine ignorance once after the operation he/she now becomes terribly sick.

We as humans have an indellible right to associate and dissociate as we journey through the long, perilous journey of life, If Boko Haram where to bomb that Church when the slapping took place, to them(the Boko Haramites) they have bombed a Church and all in it are quitisentially christains and enemy of their movements irrespective of whom is slapping who. cool

[/size]
wow fine piece, the problem is that you have proved nothing, where can a court find a list of all these 'norms' that obtain? Or havent you heard that the law of a state can trump those 'unconventional norms'. So a pastor cant abuse because it is fobiden in the law.
Re: Oyedepo Slaps-Giving: Court Urged To Dismiss Case by Ubenedictus(m): 2:55am On Jun 27, 2012
BERNIMOORE: [b]@the funclub enterprise
22 And the people gave a shout, saying, It is the voice of a god, and not of a man.

23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, [size=14pt]because he gave not God the glory[/size]: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.
[/color]
Herod's silence to the 'undeserved reverence' means that he consented, and you can see the consequence.

Also your quote below (bolded)

Thank you for the remarks,to God almighty be the Glory.but then, 'judge not' or 'do not judge', as used in the bible, below here pls,

Matthew 7:1,2,15-16
King James Version (KJV)
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2,[size=14pt] For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged[/size]: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

when i read this above bible verse, i have taken the time to read further,

jesus says 'judge not' in mathew 7:1-2.

only to also say again in verse 15,16 of same verse below;
15 [size=14pt]Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.[/size]

so how do you recognise 'someone in sheeps covering but inwardly is a deadly wolf'? especially with a hidden identity?
Analyse, if you enter a strange location and was told to beware of a misleading read leading to a deadly Gang's hideout, would you just leave everything to fate, and keep quiet? refusing to ask questions and put your judgement into use,expecially when it involve your life's safety?
verse 16 shed more light on that,;

16, Ye shall [size=14pt]know them by their fruits[/size]. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

''knowing them by their fruits'' DEMANDS YOUR JUDGEMENT AND DISCRETION.

We should also note that,our bible was translated from Hebrew and Greek manuscripts,of which most words were rendered in consonants, and to have a fitting words to translate in such a way your mother tongue quickly convey message was a challenge,
this is evident in the way the word 'lord' was used for God almighty, jesus and even, sarai called Abram 'lord',does this mean that abraham is God almighty? no.

Does the bible contradict itself in the matter of 'judge or judgement?
lets see the hebrew meanings in strong hebrew dictionary;
mathew 7:2
2, For with what [size=14pt]judgment ye judge,[/size] ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
emphasis here is on 'judgement ye judge'

JUDGE AND JUDEMENT (as used in the context ot mathew 7)
below;

[size=14pt]G2917

κρίμα

krima

kree'-mah[/size]

[size=14pt]From G2919 ; a decision (the function or the {effect} for or against [ crime ]): - {avenge} {condemned} {condemnation} {damnation} + go to {law} judgment.[/size]

see the meaning in the various instances of the translation of 'judgement or judge' below;

{Avenge} {Condemned} {Condemnation} {Damnation} + Go To {Law} Judgment,
Above instances shows the 'extreme kind of judjement, 'the law court condemnation to death' or 'the final judgement.
see the same usage of code used for this 'type' of judgement 'G2917'
below in
Luke 24:20

And G5037 how G3704 the chief priests G749 and G2532 our G2257 rulers G758 delivered G3860 him G846 to G1519 be [size=18pt]condemned G2917 to death,[/size] G2288 and G2532 have crucified G4717 him.G846
just a little correction, the apostles didnt gather in jerusalem to appoint bishops, the truth is, in those days any apostle or even a bishop could appoint and ordain another bishop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exposition Of The Occult Prophets And Healers In The Organizational Churches / The Internet Has Become A Church For Atheists / Bishop David Oyedepo , Wf Kumuyi And Enock Adeboye Occultic Exposision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.