Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Curry In Soup - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Curry In Soup (1717 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / Coconut Curry Chicken With White Rice / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curry In Soup by akeye(f): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2007
pls do u put curry in ur soup?i dont mean stew.
i'ld like to know.
Re: Curry In Soup by tomX1(m): 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2007
I don't know if it's rigth but I do it. When I boil the beef or turkey I intend to use for my broth, I add a little curry to the mix and I use the broth to make my soup. It taste okay.
Re: Curry In Soup by TOYOSI20(f): 7:13am On Feb 03, 2008
My Mom says not to put it in vegetable soup, or egusi soup,

Curry on its own has a very strong flavour, which u don't want to overpower your soup.
Re: Curry In Soup by bigrose: 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2008
i dont think its right to add curry to soup it changes the original taste of the soup and gives it another taste the real african teste will be lost so i dont think its advicable the smell is awfull in soup expecially the real african delicacies
Re: Curry In Soup by dominique(f): 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2008
Too much curry gives the soup an unpleasent smell.
Re: Curry In Soup by Biabeke(f): 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2008
Please do not add curry to your soup. I tried it once by adding a 1/4 teaspoon to a pot of okra soup, and my husband and son tasted the soup. Needless to say, they knew that something was different about my soup. Take my advice, keep your African cooking purely traditional. Do not try to westernize your cooking.
Re: Curry In Soup by chika98: 5:25am On Feb 26, 2008
Lord knows i wont be eating that soup! Wetin concern curry with soup? Na wa o
Re: Curry In Soup by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 28, 2008
We watched maggi family menu and curry was used in some soup with okra in it. My mother said we should try doing that. Ended up being the worst mistake ever. I also got sick.
Re: Curry In Soup by ashaby(f): 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2008
curry is strictly a no no in soups, it is only gud for seasoning animals like fish, meat etc.

haba! which kain soup be dat?

(1) (Reply)

Order For Your Favourite Soup From *moresoup* / How To Prepare Oats With Microwave / Made In Nigeria Food Dehydrators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.