Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Do You Support G.a.y Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Support G.a.y Marriage? (724 Views)

Can You Support You/your Spouse Keeping A Weapon In The Bedroom? / Would You Support Your Son If He Decides To Become A Priest. / Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Support G.a.y Marriage? by muami(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2012
Do you support g.a.y marriage?

The UK government wants to know what you think about g.a.y marriage.

Make your voice heard now by responding to the consultation.

The first two questions are most important. If you support gay marriage, tick 'agree'. If you oppose gay marriage, tick disagree.The second question allows you to give reasons (if you wish) for your position.

Respond now by clicking the link below or forever remain silent!
http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publications/about-us/consultations/equal-civil-marriage/
Re: Do You Support G.a.y Marriage? by TV01(m): 12:30am On May 27, 2012
No.

Thanks for the link. I filled out the online form and commented as follows;

I belive marriage as a civil or religious ceremony should retain its religious and historical context as being between a man and a woman and not be varied in any way to accomodate "same-sex" couples.

If an arrangement is made for same-sex couples, it should be distinct from "traditional marriage" and only exist legally, with no overlap - be that discretionary/voluntary or mandatory - with religious/faith based ceremonies between a man and a woman.

I would also prefer that any such accomodation for same-sex couples was not "termed" marriage" either in part or whole. Just to be clear.

Reading the form and some of the back-up documentation only helped re-affirm myposition. The "authorities" are intent with pressing on with this and the consultation is only with regard some of the detail.

Any variation of the traditional/historical concept of marriage to accomodate same-sex couples I would consider a perversion. Likewise any variation of the religious - Christian in my case - template, i.e. more/different reasons for divorce and the de facto assumption that divorce even if permitted - in the case of adultery - pressuposes remarriage if chosen, I would consider likewise.

Thanks
TV

1 Like

Re: Do You Support G.a.y Marriage? by moremi2008(m): 1:40am On May 27, 2012
Is this how the UK government draws-up policy and laws? Hahahahaha! No wonder the country is upside down! grin
Re: Do You Support G.a.y Marriage? by muami(m): 5:15pm On May 27, 2012
Excellent comment!
TV01: No.

Thanks for the link. I filled out the online form and commented as follows;

I belive marriage as a civil or religious ceremony should retain its religious and historical context as being between a man and a woman and not be varied in any way to accomodate "same-sex" couples.

If an arrangement is made for same-sex couples, it should be distinct from "traditional marriage" and only exist legally, with no overlap - be that discretionary/voluntary or mandatory - with religious/faith based ceremonies between a man and a woman.

I would also prefer that any such accomodation for same-sex couples was not "termed" marriage" either in part or whole. Just to be clear.

Reading the form and some of the back-up documentation only helped re-affirm myposition. The "authorities" are intent with pressing on with this and the consultation is only with regard some of the detail.

Any variation of the traditional/historical concept of marriage to accomodate same-sex couples I would consider a perversion. Likewise any variation of the religious - Christian in my case - template, i.e. more/different reasons for divorce and the de facto assumption that divorce even if permitted - in the case of adultery - pressuposes remarriage if chosen, I would consider likewise.

Thanks
TV

Re: Do You Support G.a.y Marriage? by muami(m): 2:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
one week to go!
Re: Do You Support G.a.y Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
I am not a Briton, so does not matter what i think . . . Wish them the best in making a decision.
Re: Do You Support G.a.y Marriage? by r231(m): 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2012
nope

(1) (Reply)

Do You Laugh When Your Parent Fart? / Female Teacher Accused Of Defiling Three-year-old Pupil / Woman Stabs Fiance To Death Hours Before Wedding, Whitehall Township

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.