Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,608 members, 7,955,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:24 PM

Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry (12196 Views)

6 Ways To Avoid Marrying The Wrong Person / Children Crushing Or Loving In Pictures / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband Keep Loving Youmore And More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by richeyy(m): 8:05am On Jun 27, 2012
A female friend is getting married to a man she doesn't love but approved by her parents. Her mum keeps telling her: don't worry, you will get to love him, that was how I met your father and now I can't do without you father. Please help her with your comments.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 27, 2012

7 Likes

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Johndoe100(m): 9:08am On Jun 27, 2012
On the surface this looks reasonable, but the kicker is in the next line which goes like this:
"parents should allow their children to marry who they love think they love, so that if the men misbehave the women can promptly get divorced." With parental aproval "understanding and tolorance" are key. As everyone on this board knows, the cabal and their leader chaircover consider tolerance and understanding in mariage to be a manifestation of low self esteem.
You just gotta love these hags and their coven.

chaircover: Though this concept sometimes works in arranged marriages it is not advisable

What if she never loves him? Marriage is supposed to be one of the best experiences that happens in ones live. How then can you sacrifice 60 years of your life to being unhappy and unfulfilled

The parents forget that if their daughter isnt happy, they too wont have peace because she will be running to then every 5 minutes reporting her husband to them.

If parents want peace, they should let their children marry who they love.

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 27, 2012
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by stepo707: 10:55am On Jun 27, 2012
loving the one you marry.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by jennykadrry(f): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2012
chaircover: Well since most of the Cabal are married women anyway, and tolerance and undersrtanding is what is needed to sustain these same marriages that we choose to remain in, then we must all suffer from low esteem ourselves. smiley

But CC you know that we only tell the fools on this forum that we are married so they won't laugh at us. Gosh can you imagine if they found out that we never had husbands. Yeah, a few did have but the guys ran once they got to know us, so they don't count.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Afam4eva(m): 2:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
Arangee marraiges can work if the couple put there mind into making the relationship work. It's just that most of the people that are forced to go into such marraiges always make their minds made up that nothing good can come out of it.

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by sylve11: 2:05pm On Jun 27, 2012
cool
stepo707: loving the one you marry.

sometimes, things still turns versa.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
I would rather marry the one I love.... smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Chizolum(f): 2:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
Marrying the one you love.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Ekowise(m): 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2012
If u ar nt in luv wit anoda alrdy, it may be easy 4 u. Hwever, if u are, i smell trouble.
There's notin like getin maried 2 d one u love, whom u've knw alrdy, wen ther wil be ntin 2 hid again. LOVE is strng:-@

2 Likes

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
jennykadrry:

But CC you know that we only tell the fools on this forum that we are married so they won't laugh at us. Gosh can you imagine if they found out that we never had husbands. Yeah, a few did have but the guys ran once they got to know us, so they don't count.
I rarely come to this forum. I come mostly from the front page. But when I do and I see a comment from you, I am never surprised to see terrible, bad words! undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Fhemmmy: 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2012
Ummmmmm.... I will never advice such.
A man/Woman that marries someone he/she does not love always find a way around to look for love elsewhere . . . . It is dangerous as happiness is always at stake
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Ortis: 2:31pm On Jun 27, 2012
stepo707: loving the one you marry.
the best is loving d person u marry........most crashed marriages are based on i love him/her b4 d marriage bt afta d marriage dy stop lovin each oda bt wen u start loving nd appricatin wat u hav or who u marry i tink u wil get 2 knw dat person beta cos u hav made ur hrt reali commited

3 Likes

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Michky: 2:32pm On Jun 27, 2012
As 4 me, i wud av sugestd dat Loving d 1 u mary is d beta option because atleast most of us have heard of d story of beauty and d beast. But wit d kind of dangerous men & women we av in d world 2da, wel, i wil conclude dat marryin no one is d best alternative. In place of mariage, u cn live 2geda wit ur spouse and when dat animal shows up again, atleast u cn always easily find ur square rt. Abi u 1 die b4 'ur time'? Peace out!
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by denny4ril: 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2012
MARRY SOMEONE YOU LOVE. TRYING TO LOVE SOMEONE YOU MARRY WILL END UP IN STRUGGLES AND QUARRELS.
Marriage is not bed of roses. if everything fails, LOVE always keep couples going. learning to accept d other and focusing on areas of strenght as you help build such is inevitable for peace and mutual understanding which makes love grow. Relationship is like a tree, if U dont nurture it, it will get choked.
No mata d love u have b4 or after marriage, if u stop doing what sustained d love, everything will grow old and stale.

2 Likes

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2012
sauer:
I rarely come to this forum. I come mostly from the front page. But when I do and I see a comment from you, I am never surprised to see terrible, bad words! undecided

I can see my imposter is doing a good job at pissing you off. Good cool
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by bukatyne(f): 2:45pm On Jun 27, 2012
Johndoe100: On the surface this looks reasonable, but the kicker is in the next line which goes like this:
"parents should allow their children to marry who they love think they love, so that if the men misbehave the women can promptly get divorced." With parental aproval "understanding and tolorance" are key. As everyone on this board knows, the cabal and their leader chaircover consider tolerance and understanding in mariage to be a manifestation of low self esteem.
You just gotta love these hags and their coven.

sir, y can't u leave chaircover n d 'cabal' alone n give ur advice? ur advice might have helped one or 2 pple but now u have ruined it al.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Gloriagee(f): 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
Well, based on the title - I'd say both are key. I'll marry the one I luv n wen I've married him, then I'll love him.
@op - its's always best if u marry whom u luv with parental consent. Parents shd always realise that pple r different, even my friends that are twins act different, so that something worked for u doesn't mean it'll work for me.

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
bukatyne: sir, y can't u leave chaircover n d 'cabal' alone n give ur advice? ur advice might have helped one or 2 pple but now u have ruined it al.

The cabal will kill them on this forum. They can impersonate me a million times, it changes nothing cheesy
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by kalufelix(m): 2:53pm On Jun 27, 2012
richeyy: A female friend is getting married to a man she doesn't love but approved by her parents. Her mum keeps telling her: don't worry, you will get to love him, that was how I met your father and now I can't do without you father. Please help her with your comments.

Either way natin is guranteed

1 Like

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by brightmon: 2:54pm On Jun 27, 2012
Marry he/she that loves you not he/she you think you love.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by 2rutalk1: 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
I think the best option is to love who you marry. Love can fade away especially when it is conditional. The quality that prompted you into marrying the person may disappear someday and the love will go with it.

Again, there is no place in the scripture that says :"you should marry whom you love" rather great emphasis are made on "Husband, love your wife and wive, be submissive to your husband". Therefore, love whom you marry.

2 Likes

Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Fhemmmy: 2:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
brightmon: Marry he/she that loves you not he/she you think you love.

How do you know the one that loves you . . .
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2012
chaircover: Well since most of the Cabal are married women anyway, and tolerance and undersrtanding is what is needed to sustain these same marriages that we choose to remain in, then we must all suffer from low esteem ourselves. smiley

Gbagaun!!!!

jennykadrry:

I swear to God, u go run some people bele for this forum grin grin grin grin.

@ OP, why anyone would want to compound something that's already hard is beyond me Marry someone you genuinely love!
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Skipfr(m): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2012
@op both of them r risky. Love might go sour wit time and u might fall in love wit som1 u neva loved it stil depends on time. Na God get power o
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2012
Either ways, it works..

Most of our grand parents went through the 'love who you marry phase' and they did just fine...
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by brightmon: 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fhemmmy:

How do you know the one that loves you . . .
he/she is simple, honest and just want to be ther for you, not to impress but just ther.
Dont be selective and remeber He/she is not always what you expect.
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by kalufelix(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2012
brightmon: Marry he/she that loves you not he/she you think you love.
in other words let d love come 2 u...dont u tink u contracdicted ur sef because A must b takin d love 2 B or vice versa...so u re sayin dat B shud recieve and A shud nat give at d same time. Dats equal 2 zero man
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
brightmon:
he/she is simple, honest and just want to be ther for you, not to impress but just ther.

Could all be act . . and be with you but his/her heart is somewhere else . . . My brother, it is more complicated than we ever could imagine
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by brightmon: 3:40pm On Jun 27, 2012
kalufelix:
in other words let d love come 2 u...dont u tink u contracdicted ur sef because A must b takin d love 2 B or vice versa...so u re sayin dat B shud recieve and A shud nat give at d same time. Dats equal 2 zero man
lol. Ok, if u are loved good for you but if you are inlove, sorry for you.
But he/she that loves you is usally ur type but try and love back. Ok now
Re: Which Do You Support: Marrying The One You Love Or Loving The One You Marry by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
brightmon:

If the one that loves me dosent have Big breast, mad curved hips, big yansh, yellow skinned, blue eyes, 6feet tall, American trained with american accent.. Then she cant possibly love me.. no matter what she does..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Describe Your Mom In One Word / Why Are Kids More Scared Of Their Fathers Than Mothers / I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.