Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? (5071 Views)

President Buhari Presents 10-Months Scorecard / Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd / Without The Illegal Allowances, These Are What Your Senators, Reps Earn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Donmeca(m): 7:11pm On May 26, 2012
Anniversaries help us to reflect on and re-assess our lives, businesses, relationships, leadership and stewardship. In Nigeria, we mark and celebrate a lot of anniversaries...from personal celebrations: birthdays, wedding, burial, etc to religious and national days: Christmas, Sallah, independence, democracy...d list seems endless. On the 29th of this month, Nigeria will mark d 13th Democracy Day celebration and one full official year of d Goodluck Jonathan Administration. This is not about Jonathan's presidency as whole lot have been written and said about the govt. This is about the legislature, the National Assembly. How have they fared? How well have they represented us over the past year? Still, this isn't about the Senate or the House of Reps....I wish to beam d searchlight of d individual senators and reps. The quality and impact of their bills, their contributions to motions and the value and effect of their constituency projects to their constituents....these are what I wish we could look into, and possibly score them. Just last week, my senator, the DSP, Ike Ekweremadu celebrated his 50th birthday...another moment of reflection. He will think about his work as legislator, father, husband and as a human and rate himself based on his actions and inaction. I began to check for what he has as a pet project....scholarships, health campaigns, mass literacy, sports sponsorship and talent hunt, etc but could not find any. Hon. Femi Gbajiagbiamila organised d first job fair in Surulere, Lagos while Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba Scholarship Scheme has graduated 270 professionals...as reported. So, I come before you, my people. Let us pick our senator, our rep and rate their projects and dept of contribution to d discourse on their respective chambers. How has ur representative represented u? Let us rub minds as we mark yet another anniversary in our national life.

1 Like

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On May 26, 2012
Donmeca: Hon. Femi Gbajiagbiamila organised d first job fair in Surulere, Lagos
That is an achievement for a Senator who gets millions of dollars in paycheck & allowances each year?
Donmeca:
while Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba Scholarship Scheme has graduated 270 professionals...as reported.
How did he graduate 270 professionals? This one needs explaining oo . . . shocked
Donmeca:
So, I come before you, my people. Let us pick our senator, our rep and rate their projects and dept of contribution to d discourse on their respective chambers. How has ur representative represented u? rub minds as we mark yet another anniversary in our national life.
We ought to!

1 Like

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by scribble: 8:00pm On May 26, 2012
Saraki is the best.

When he's not scheming on assasinating his aides or fraudulently getting loans written off. He is ducking in and out of police stations in Abuja and Lagos after having journalists detained because he likes his privacy.

Also his wife has 5 phones. How cool is that?
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by muyoto: 8:01pm On May 26, 2012
who be my senator sef?

2 Likes

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Donmeca(m): 11:00pm On May 26, 2012
Kobojunkie:
That is an achievement for a Senator who gets millions of dollars in paycheck & allowances each year?

How did he graduate 270 professionals? This one needs explaining oo . . . shocked

We ought to!

I can't call Femi's job/recruitment fair a commensurate achievement to his paycheck but in d land of d blind, a one-eyed man seems to always be king. Surulere people should be able to tell if they benefited from it or not and tell us how many more projects d man has. As for Ndoma-Egba, it was reported that d scheme which started some 4 years ago had produced 270 graduates. It is possible over a four year period. Again, Nigeria is d land of 99% blind. At least they did something! I have always felt I can do better than most of the people occupying both the Green and the Red Chambers of our National Assembly and that has not changed one bit....I may not just b able to compete with them now.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Donmeca(m): 11:09pm On May 26, 2012
muyoto: who be my senator sef?

Well, this a good opportunity for u to know who reps u....who either helps develop ur area by way of well-articulated bills or hampers ur development by simply sitting down and marking time in d NASS. I follow d NASS keenly and i know senators and reps who just come in to warm d seats, sleep and bid people farewell when they are woken up from their slumber at d close of biz. They never stood up to make a contribution, let alone moving a motion or sponsoring a bill. I still want their constituents to point them out themselves. That's y I raised this topic, hopefully, people will be drawn to it for qualitative assessment. Bring it on people!

2 Likes

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On May 26, 2012
Donmeca:
I can't call Femi's job/recruitment fair a commensurate achievement to his paycheck but in d land of d blind, a one-eyed man seems to always be king. Surulere people should be able to tell if they benefited from it or not and tell us how many more projects d man has. As for Ndoma-Egba, it was reported that d scheme which started some 4 years ago had produced 270 graduates. It is possible over a four year period. Again, Nigeria is d land of 99% blind. At least they did something! I have always felt I can do better than most of the people occupying both the Green and the Red Chambers of our National Assembly and that has not changed one bit....I may not just b able to compete with them now.

It is the year 2012. Organizing a job fair is nothing when you consider we are not talking of a student doing this but a whole senator. So please let's discard this LAND OF THE BLIND standard and subscribe to better ones. This "at least they did something" mentality should be done away with given these are men we pay MILLIONS OF DOLLARS each year, more than any other in the world, to maintain.

What scheme? Can this information be verified? Any information you can provide on this will be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Donmeca(m): 9:40am On May 27, 2012
Yes i agree it smacks of complacency to see the above claims as enough but I only raised them as little examples of what each lawmaker may have done outside their legislative duties. Unfortunately, I write this with a small phone and as such can't copy news reports and links...one can easily google the keywords and one will find reports from credible Nigerian newspapers. Again, I must say that my mention of any of d two persons or pet projects does not in any way imply an endorsement of either them or their projects. But if anyone follows proceedings on d NASS, the person will surely see that both men are not benchwarmers in their respective chambers....so their core function may have been covered. Believe me, there are many sleeping senators and reps...in the chambers. Kobo, u or anybody can help search them....news abound but i can't copy them right now.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by wandeay: 12:09pm On May 27, 2012
Mourn-orable Boluwaji Kunlere representin ondo south west is doing well, since he got ther, he only came bak home twice, nd he's now building a mansion for himself in his home town, nd he's planning 2 b d runnin mate of his oga, Looter Olusegun Mimiko, d governor, notin more, d question is Do we really have good pple in Nigerian Government?

1 Like

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 27, 2012
The National Assembly is a conglomerate of idiots, gathered to psycho politically siphon the growth of the economy! It's a total disaster.

2 Likes

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Redhot111(m): 12:23pm On May 27, 2012
[quote author=Donmeca] my senator, Elder odion ugbesia is unquestionably no1 in dis regard. U painted a clear picture of him. Notin wld hv described him better the way u did. He is actually minus 1. May d igbo he smokes drains d speaking ability out of him. Edo central is as good as not havin a senator representing them.

who just come in to warm d seats, sleep and bid people farewell when they are woken up from their slumber at d close of biz. They never stood up to make a contribution, let alone moving a motion or sponsoring a bill.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Funkymallam(m): 12:26pm On May 27, 2012
A very good thread will be back
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Funkymallam(m): 12:42pm On May 27, 2012
A link below to help u knw ur senators.

http://csrwestafrica.com/senate/

1 Like

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Silva79(f): 12:43pm On May 27, 2012
HON. RUKAYAT ONABAMIRO rep BDG is the most annoying hon in house of rep. She has never moved a bill,support or oppose a bill in d house..pple of BDG are so stupid dat most of 'em collected 200naira 2 vote 4 her 4 a dumb woman. I rate her 0/10.
SENATOR GOS is rep my constituency in d senate he is also useless..come 2015 d story d wil change. I have started telling my mates to vote 4 credibility nt dumb pple lyk hon onabamiro and co. Thank u.

1 Like

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Biggyd2: 12:56pm On May 27, 2012
muyoto: who be my senator sef?

Me too o! i no know!!!. Rubbish people
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Funkymallam(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2012
Biggyd2:

Me too o! i no know!!!. Rubbish people

check this link and get to knw them.

http://csrwestafrica.com/senate/
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by stepo707: 1:12pm On May 27, 2012
I dont know my senators and house of reps members representing my constituency and i dont give a Poo after all the whole national assembly are all useless set of old men and women.e.g ita giwa
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Kobojunkie: 1:19pm On May 27, 2012
stepo707: I dont know my senators and house of reps members representing my constituency and i dont give a Poo after all the whole national assembly are all useless set of old men and women.e.g ita giwa

The above is the reason why, even after 12 years, Nigeria does not seem to be getting anywhere fast. You ought to care . . . You are the one supposed to be in charge of ensuring all is going well, in this democracy. If you DO NOT CARE, how then do you expect anything to go well? or are you just a chronic complainer unwilling to do anything to change the situation?

1 Like

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by economia: 1:28pm On May 27, 2012
i stand 4 one thing which is very clare: governance & biz should be void of tribal afinity. i regard the senators & reps of my residence states as my national state. After that any legislator that favour my religion and my biz is my choiced one. To be sincere, i do not grade lagislators with how much he spend to empower people in cash. But how much he spend to sponor popujar bill(s) , how many of his suported bills see the light of the day and how benefiting such bills are to the unity & peace of the nation, and to the great proportion of its inhabitant. Long live Nigeria.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by mikolo80: 1:57pm On May 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The above is the reason why, even after 12 years, Nigeria does not seem to be getting anywhere fast. You ought to care . . . You are the one supposed to be in charge of ensuring all is going well, in this democracy. If you DO NOT CARE, how then do you expect anything to go well? or are you just a chronic complainer unwilling to do anything to change the situation?
GBAM.HEY WHY DONT WE FORM A NAIRALAND PROGRESSIVE PARTY

1 Like

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Funkymallam(m): 1:58pm On May 27, 2012
stepo707: I dont know my senators and house of reps members representing my constituency and i dont give a Poo after all the whole national assembly are all useless set of old men and women.e.g ita giwa

smh

1 Like

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Donmeca(m): 2:00pm On May 27, 2012
@redhot, I so agree with u on Odion Ugbesia....I mean dat man literally comes into d senate house with his vitafoam mattress. He sleeps awaaay..... And seems to wake up when there is a loud "aye" sound, he then contributes "nay" without knowing d subject he is voting against....then he goes back to sleep and wakes up to say "my regards to ur wife" then home goes. He is so covered by Anineh that he boasted dat even if ACNE wins d whole of Edo State, u wud return to d senate in 2011 and he did. One honourable Offor Chukwuegbo who reps Enugu south Fed const, is unarguably d dullest rep in both d last and the present legislative year....u wud just find him smile, nothing more....I never caught that guy speaking though I understand he has a very poor English but dats not an excuse. We should all know our reps pls....i don't want to be d one mentioning these guys. Use the link provided by @Funkymallam as a guide to their names....we should let people know that we are watching them even if they think we can't do them any harm. Hey we are talking about 109 senators and 360 reps....a total of 469 men and women getting paid fat sums of money monthly for just living in Abuja and coming to sit down and throw banter. This does not include a retinue of aides who get paid for carrying ID cards. I mean, it breaks my hearth that people can say they don't know and also don't care to know who reps them and how he/she does that. I refuse to call that attitude "apparthy"....cos its not!

2 Likes

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by ismhab(m): 2:14pm On May 27, 2012
MISSING!!! MISSING!!!
PLEASE WHO EVER KNOWS THE WHERE ABOUT OF THE SENATOR REPRESENTING ANAMBRA CENTRAL SHOULD PLEASE CONTACT THIS NUMBER 08035425662, HE WAS LAST SEEN IN LONDON SHOPPING.

3 Likes

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by lacasa: 2:19pm On May 27, 2012
Until a collosal bombb hits the National Assembly during plenary,

i no wan know!
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by anonimi: 2:23pm On May 27, 2012
Thanks to the OP and all those who have noted that the legisLOOTERs are doing just that: RECEIVING mega millions for doing nothing. Those who are celebrating mediocrity can continue to PRAY to God to come down and fix Nigeria even as they praise their elected REPRESENTATIVES for giving out crumbs to the electorate.
the measurement of a legislator's perfomance should be:

1. How many bills did she sponsor to completion
2. How many projects did she attract to her constituency from the federal, state and LGA
3. How many petitions/complaints/grievances of the constituents did she resolve and how promptly did she do it

Barrack Obama sponsored 137 bills in his four years as US Senator.Google

Those of us who know should engage those who do not know on these responsibilities that the legislators OWE to us, the electorate.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by lukecent: 2:23pm On May 27, 2012
I am proud of Sen Ike Ekweremadu, he done much to ma constituency, Enugu west, & is stil doin more.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by anonimi: 2:26pm On May 27, 2012
lukecent: I am proud of Sen Ike Ekweremadu, he done much to ma constituency, Enugu west, & is stil doin more.

Can you please provide more details based on the criteria below.

1. How many bills did she sponsor to completion
2. How many projects did she attract to her constituency from the federal, state and LGA
3. How many petitions/complaints/grievances of the constituents did she resolve and how promptly did she do it

Thanks.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On May 27, 2012
mikolo80: GBAM.HEY WHY DONT WE FORM A NAIRALAND PROGRESSIVE PARTY

The mandate of the citizens does not require the creation of yet another political body. We are already members of a political system as Citizens of Nigeria, and so we can easily carry out whatever activities we need to fulfill our role as citizens of this country.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by mediainspired: 3:13pm On May 27, 2012
Mod, i think d real questn is: WAT DO NIGERIAN SENATORS &REPS EVEN DO SEF? u see som commentators here sayin dey dont know dere legislators &dey dont care. Pls dont castigate dem cos dey're being sarcastic; &dat simply is d attitude of d average citizen, even d most intellectual &well-intentioned. Truth is, d singular problem of Nigeria is d govt &d prevailing culture of leadership, & d legislaors ar its worst examples (wit a couple of exemptions). Until dis failed generatn is gone &a new culture is in place, NOBODY REALY CARES. Somday, dere wil be a TRUTH COMMISSION
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Funkymallam(m): 3:13pm On May 27, 2012
ismhab: MISSING!!! MISSING!!!
PLEASE WHO EVER KNOWS THE WHERE ABOUT OF THE SENATOR REPRESENTING ANAMBRA CENTRAL SHOULD PLEASE CONTACT THIS NUMBER 08035425662, HE WAS LAST SEEN IN LONDON SHOPING.

Abeg i no wan lafff o grin

1 Like

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Donmeca(m): 4:06pm On May 27, 2012
lukecent: I am proud of Sen Ike Ekweremadu, he done much to ma constituency, Enugu west, & is stil doin more.

Pls answer @anonimi's question and do dat with proof. I am from Enugu West....just came back 3weeks ago and will travel again dis week. He may not b d worst senator but what has Ekweremadu really done for us?
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by deandavid(m): 4:08pm On May 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

yes u r correct, i know my senator hon pius ewerido delta central, i cnt point at any meaningful thing, this senators do, and the thing is we dnt even know what to do, to let them know, they are just wasting time there. I see them, set up commitees upon commitees, the pib have not been passed into law, the so called petrolem subsidy probe seem useless,since no evidence to jail d criminals and every other probes. Let them pass laws that will, encourage investment and promote locally made product. What stops the senate from making it compulsory for all public office holders, use nigerian made or assemble cars as their official cars, or our locally made shoes and fibrics. This guys are just selfish block heads jor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) / How Did My Name Change To Babymama1 / I’m Not Against Biafra, If War Starts I’ll Fight - Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.