Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? (5067 Views)

President Buhari Presents 10-Months Scorecard / Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd / Without The Illegal Allowances, These Are What Your Senators, Reps Earn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by deandavid(m): 4:10pm On May 27, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The above is the reason why, even after 12 years, Nigeria does not seem to be getting anywhere fast. You ought to care . . . You are the one supposed to be in charge of ensuring all is going well, in this democracy. If you DO NOT CARE, how then do you expect anything to go well? or are you just a chronic complainer unwilling to do anything to change the situation?
yes u r correct, i know my senator hon pius ewerido delta central, i cnt point at any meaningful thing, this senators do, and the thing is we dnt even know what to do, to let them know, they are just wasting time there. I see them, set up commitees upon commitees, the pib have not been passed into law, the so called petrolem subsidy probe seem useless,since no evidence to jail d criminals and every other probes. Let them pass laws that will, encourage investment and promote locally made product. What stops the senate from making it compulsory for all public office holders, use nigerian made or assemble cars as their official cars, or our locally made shoes and fibrics. This guys are just selfish block heads jor.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Delafruita(m): 4:30pm On May 27, 2012
gbajabiamila's job fair achieved a lot.it created a platform for employers and job hunters to liase.femoo has done considerably well in the assembly.he does his job as a legislator.you can always see that he does his research on any bill been sponsored.he comes ready with his points and is always at sitting
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by truckin: 5:08pm On May 27, 2012
Mathew Omegara(rep.okigwe north, imo) n Sen. Uche 'Isikaraka' Chukwumerije. We lov u in uturu, abia
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 27, 2012
How do 1 score legislooters?

Is it for their undeserved ridiculously high paychecks, allowances, allocations, estacodes and outright bribery & corruption?

Or for their yes and nays?

Or for the fact that they've all gone AWOL from their constituencies since relocating to Abuja and became incommunicado to the people that voted for them.

The ones at the state assemblies aint better too.

Shio, which scorecard?
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Yeske2(m): 6:24pm On May 27, 2012
Hon. Emeka Nwogbo rep Awka north & south fed const. nothing to write home about and as for Sen. Chris Ngige, God help us this time.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by joejeezy(m): 6:30pm On May 27, 2012
My own senator na only during campaign we d c him wen he cm share t-shirt n rice n salt, my rep i neva c him b4
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Engineer96(m): 7:25pm On May 27, 2012
Do you know that I sent a message to my senator yesterday, as if I know that this thread will come up, and the senator ignored my message.
I am talking about Senator Ayogu Eze and the question was about his stewardship.
He is the senate chairman committee on works yet Enugu-Nsukka road remains a death trap. Single lane. The only road linking Nsukka and Enugu and Enugu to the northern Nigeria.
These senators are rude. Obj captured them so well.
If your senator who is supposed to be resenting you ignores your message, it means you are nobody before him.
T
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Acelifted: 8:34pm On May 27, 2012
Senator ke...do i even know him or her?
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 27, 2012
Senator-Hope Odidika Uzodinma : owerri west
Now lives in abuja..
What a wondeRful man... He's now building a wonderful house in the village.
And like GEJ, he's been reaching his people through facebook updates...
Wonderful man!

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by PeeBee: 9:02pm On May 27, 2012
I was just thinking some time ago that i've never seen my rep saying anything on t.v, never even heard his name since after the elections. Funny thing is people came out en-masse to vote for him hoping he'd be better than the then-incumbent. Now i don't know what to think cos the former one was pretty active, active enough to join the 'Dino' fight. :-/
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Delafruita(m): 10:13pm On May 27, 2012
Its not the job of a legislator to provide infrastructure or engage in welfarist agenda.their primary duty is to make laws and its in that regard you can assess them.moreover the creation of committees was intended to make oversight more effective and that seems to be the major activity that goes on in the assembly.if you want to assess your lawmaker,find out his committee and how effective he is in the committee.also find out what bills he has sponsored or been a part of its enactment
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by omenziate(m): 11:30pm On May 27, 2012
They should all b stricken wit illnesses ranging from Lassa fever to chronic Madness to cerebral malaria. No b wen person attempt to do or do sometin we go access dem.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by lumeneng22: 12:13am On May 28, 2012
The hiest a senator can do is to give his constituency a borehole that cannot work without phcn, the rest is history. One day go be one day o!
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On May 28, 2012
[size=14pt]What Are the Duties of Senators?[/size]

Proposing Laws
The most important duty senators have is to write, propose and help to pass federal laws.

Voting
Senators are required to make decisions in several topics both as recorded and unrecorded votes on the floor and in committees. Therefore, senators need to be knowledgeable, able to evaluate information from sometimes conflicting sources and make decisions benefiting their constituents. In addition, the Senate is responsible of holding impeachment trials, approving or denying treaties negotiated by the president and accepting or rejecting Presidential appointments.

Serving in Committees
Senators usually serve on four committees that requires them to become experts in the topics of their committee assignments. As a member of a committee, a senator needs to attend meetings, question witnesses, prepare amendments to bills, vote and write committee reports.

Representing Constituents
Senators represent the states they were elected from, so they need to follow the media and visit their home states to be able act as links between the state and the federal government. In addition, senators request federal funding for projects and programs in their home states and help their constituents to apply for federal benefits and grants.

Managing an Office
Senators have an average of 38 staff members in their Washington and district offices. Each senator is responsible of running his or her own office, supervising the staff, budgeting the personal and office expenses and balancing the expenses at the end of the fiscal year.

Maintaining Campaign Organization
Senators are responsible of running their own election and reelection campaigns. To get elected or reelected, senators need to organize and attend fundraising events, make public appearances, take positions on issues and create campaign strategies.

Read more: What Are the Duties of Senators? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5914812_duties-senators_.html#ixzz1w7C2JSZF

2 Likes

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by deandavid(m): 3:47am On May 28, 2012
joejeezy: My own senator na only during campaign we d c him wen he cm share t-shirt n rice n salt, my rep i neva c him b4
and u collect.sowi u have sold ur votes 4 rice n shirt, 2 a dumb head
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by anonimi: 4:26am On May 28, 2012
joejeezy: My own senator na only during campaign we d c him wen he cm share t-shirt n rice n salt, my rep i neva c him b4

I hope you educated as many of your folks as possible that he was only giving them micro-crumbs of their rights and they should ask for more and still vote their conscience
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by iykak47: 10:12am On May 28, 2012
I dont know much about sen. Chris Anyanwu performances but if what i heared about Hon Emeka Ihedioha our future governor cool is true, it means he is not doing badly for our people.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Donmeca(m): 10:24am On May 28, 2012
Engineer96: Do you know that I sent a message to my senator yesterday, as if I know that this thread will come up, and the senator ignored my message.
I am talking about Senator Ayogu Eze and the question was about his stewardship.
He is the senate chairman committee on works yet Enugu-Nsukka road remains a death trap. Single lane. The only road linking Nsukka and Enugu and Enugu to the northern Nigeria.
These senators are rude. Obj captured them so well.
If your senator who is supposed to be resenting you ignores your message, it means you are nobody before him.
T

Bros, u are not alone here. I have had course to dispatch mails...by express courier to Ekweremadu on two occasions. He never acknowledged my letters. Then online? They don't use their fb and public mails themselves. I wonder how they rep us....no feedback mechanisms at all, with dia constituents.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Donmeca(m): 10:30am On May 28, 2012
Delafruita: Its not the job of a legislator to provide infrastructure or engage in welfarist agenda.their primary duty is to make laws and its in that regard you can assess them.moreover the creation of committees was intended to make oversight more effective and that seems to be the major activity that goes on in the assembly.if you want to assess your lawmaker,find out his committee and how effective he is in the committee.also find out what bills he has sponsored or been a part of its enactment

Have u said anything different from d ones we have been saying? Mention two of ur lawmakers and tell us what and what bills they have sponsored and motions moved. Then tell us their committees and how gud they have bn in there. Hembe was very active in d SEC probe committee, wasn't he?
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Donmeca(m): 10:43am On May 28, 2012
iykak47: I dont know much about sen. Chris Anyanwu performances but if what i heared about Hon Emeka Ihedioha our future governor cool is true, it means he is not doing badly for our people.

Ur future governor is dat green-capped rogue? Dude, can't u find another? U still have time till 2019 to make a better choice.....after Rochas, u know?
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Kobojunkie: 12:37pm On May 28, 2012
iykak47: I dont know much about sen. Chris Anyanwu performances but if what i heared about Hon Emeka Ihedioha our future governor cool is true, it means he is not doing badly for our people.

Are you this dense in real life? You don't know anything of the man but you are willing to praise him? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by tuyi19: 7:13pm On May 28, 2012
wandaey, what is your problem, must you insult people because they are not in your party, never in your life talk to my governor anyhow, i have been waching your coment against labour party in ondo state especially the governor, the senator that decamped to your ACN, what has been his contribution in ondo state and in the house of senate. be warned

1 Like

Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by iykak47: 2:19am On May 29, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Are you this dense in real life? You don't know anything of the man but you are willing to praise him? undecided undecided undecided undecided
kobo kobo abeg park well joo, how many of those in elective positions do Nigerians really know before they cast their votes for them.
Haven't you heared of 'turn by turn Nigeria plc' before?
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On May 29, 2012
iykak47: kobo kobo abeg park well joo, how many of those in elective positions do Nigerians really know before they cast their votes for them.
Haven't you heared of 'turn by turn Nigeria plc' before?

You should be condemning it, not praising it. Especially when you consider the fact that the money they are taking their turns on is money that belongs to you and your children . . . money that may not be there when your kids grow up and need it.

What is happening is the stealing of the future of your children here. American situation called theirs the mortgaging away of the future of their kids and they are fighting to making sure that the problem is rectified. What are we doing to make sure that our kids are not FORCED back into slavery if they want to continue living on this planet?

People need to start seeing things are they are. The future of your children, and their children's children is being stolen in your koro-koro. Your acceptance of it is basically you taking a knife to the neck of your own grandchildren and killing their dreams yourself.
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by emtar(m): 9:54am On May 29, 2012
Both senator and rep. For my area had all abscorned ooo. Hmmmm. Till 2014 to 2015
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Kobojunkie: 12:42pm On May 29, 2012
emtar: Both senator and rep. For my area had all abscorned ooo. Hmmmm. Till 2014 to 2015

What are there names? What state?
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by nadico(m): 4:19pm On May 29, 2012
My senator ike ekweremadu has really done well.he has attracted a very big hotel and nite club, sorry he has built. And he did it not just for us constituents.so all the aristos babes are fully engaged from wednesday to sunday every week. As for my hon, member ozomgbachi.im coming back for that
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On May 29, 2012
nadico: My senator ike ekweremadu has really done well.he has attracted a very big hotel and nite club, sorry he has built. And he did it not just for us constituents.so all the aristos babes are fully engaged from wednesday to sunday every week. As for my hon, member ozomgbachi.im coming back for that

Kai!! Naija people don suffer!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by mikolo80: 12:11am On Jun 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The mandate of the citizens does not require the creation of yet another political body. We are already members of a political system as Citizens of Nigeria, and so we can easily carry out whatever activities we need to fulfill our role as citizens of this country.
I CAN SEE UR WELL ON UR WAY TO DECEIVING OR MISLEADING THE PPL IN UR CONSTITUENCY.FORMING HERO ON NAIRALAND.HOWS THAT WORKIN.HOPE YOU ARE GETTING LIGHT WATER ROAD HOSPITAL SCHOO ETC FROM UR PHILOSOPHICAL SOUNDING RAMBLING.WHAT THE Bleep DO YOU EVEN MEAN BY WHAT YOU JUST SAID
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by mikolo80: 12:12am On Jun 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

The mandate of the citizens does not require the creation of yet another political body. We are already members of a political system as Citizens of Nigeria, and so we can easily carry out whatever activities we need to fulfill our role as citizens of this country.
I CAN SEE UR WELL ON UR WAY TO DECEIVING OR MISLEADING THE PPL IN UR CONSTITUENCY.FORMING HERO ON NAIRALAND.HOWS THAT WORKIN.HOPE YOU ARE GETTING LIGHT WATER ROAD HOSPITAL SCHOO ETC FROM UR PHILOSOPHICAL SOUNDING RAMBLING.WHAT THE Bleep DO YOU EVEN MEAN BY WHAT YOU JUST SAID.THE PARTIES WE HAVE ARE NOT WORKING AND I SAID WE FORM ANOTHER AND YOU START REASONING LIKE RAFIKI
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by mikolo80: 12:15am On Jun 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

EVEN WOLE SOYINKA FORMED A PARTY WEN HE SAW THAT GRAMMAR WONT SOLVE D PROBLEM.WONDER HOW MANY OF UR "ACTIVITIES" GAS BORNE FRUIT
Re: Legislative Scorecard! How Have Your Senators And Reps Fared? by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 17, 2013
Hon chukwuemeka nwagbo (apga) member representing awka south/ awka north federal constituency does he have a constituency office?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Chinese Are Exploiting Africa (Ghana Case Study) (black People Wake Up) / Breaking News..... Buhari Gives Portfolios To Ministers / I’m Not Against Biafra, If War Starts I’ll Fight - Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.